It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain has 85 sharia courts: The astonishing spread of the Islamic justice behind closed doors

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Newton's law of gravity is a law because we know gravity exists.

thank you .... you make my point for me..

and man did not create this law he DISCOVERED IT....

just like the universe CREATED YOU...

do you think life popped out of no were??? it would have had to have been CREATED

just like i created a coffee, and that does not mean we need god

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

One more here for today.

English came from the Indo-European language family, most closely related to German.

You sure make a whole lot of assumptions about me based on nothing but your own imagination. Exactly what have I stated about my beliefs in God? What have I said about money? What have I said about any of these things that lead you to the statements you are making about me?

What I have done is demonstrate a superior knowledge of history, law, and science. At what point do you allow this to start to sink in?

If you are so down on religion, why would you support Sharia courts?

My opinion all along has been that religious beliefs have no place in a legal system. From your latest posts, it seems you should agree with this.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

The law of gravity and the theory of relativity, which you claimed to be a law, are not the same thing.

If the universe created us, then what created the universe.

It's turtles all the way down.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

The law of gravity and the theory of relativity, which you claimed to be a law, are not the same thing.

sure mate.... sure

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
If this Sharia court has the power to whip someone, kill someone or do physical harm of anykind it should be removed from Host country. The only thing a religion should be able to do is remove the members from the register of participation. In other words it should only be able to excommunicate and that's it. The final Sharia Law judgement should be, "This person is no longer a member of the Muslim faith because they do not follow the religious creed".

No stoning.
No whipping.
No verbal assault.
No killing.

Religion shall not use fear to force commands!
Fear of God should only come from the heart.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

Muslims all over the world are dying at moslem hands.

Schism in your religion has increased the propensity to violence of your faith.

Your holy books expressly forbid you to befriend non Moslems, namely Jews and Christians.

The above are not my opinions, these are the facts.

In my opinionm the 'silent invasion' is the mother of all conspiracies, ie the Islamic strategy to use the libertarian laws of the West, our Christian based tolerance of diversity and our wealth created by our Protestant work ethic, against us.

Judge as you will.

[edit on 18/7/2009 by teapot]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by teapot
reply to post by masonwatcher

Muslims all over the world are dying at moslem hands.

Schism in your religion has increased the propensity to violence of your faith.

Your holy books expressly forbid you to befriend non Moslems, namely Jews and Christians.

The above are not my opinions, these are the facts.

In my opinionm the 'silent invasion' is the mother of all conspiracies, ie the Islamic strategy to use the libertarian laws of the West, our Christian based tolerance of diversity and our wealth created by our Protestant work ethic, against us.

Judge as you will.

I can honestly say you come across as slightly delusional and very uneducated. I also think you cannot possibly substantiate a single thing in your comment largely because of your illiteracy followed by the made up nature of you belief system.

Incidentally the 'Protestant' work ethic had very little to do with mass of the great unwashed of the Anglophone world and that includes the US. Protestanism was the foundation of cultural development in Germany, the Scandinavian countries and was half formed in the Netherlands. In fact Dutch protestants were chased of their country by the same vested interests that is rotting the core of the US today.

The anglophone world was founded upon the slave trade as a spark for the industrial revolution and subsequent advancements were due to a slave driving mentality.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
I can honestly say you come across as slightly delusional and very uneducated. I also think you cannot possibly substantiate a single thing in your comment largely because of your illiteracy followed by the made up nature of you belief system.

:shk: :shk:

- The poster stated facts. That's not delusional or uneducated.

- Everything he said has been substantiated ... I gave a link that does.

- 'The made up nature of your belief system'??? So says the muslim who has his own religious belief system that include the originator being a delusional pedophile, and a 'holy pilgrimage' where the faithful run around a meteorite 7 times and worship it.

The anglophone world was founded upon the slave trade as a spark for the industrial revolution and subsequent advancements were due to a slave driving mentality.

The muslim world was founded upon the slave trade (backatchya). The barbary pirates and the muslim religion itself enslaved millions. Slavery is STILL practiced in muslim countries and muslim women in many of these countries are in virtual slavery. So if you want to talk about a 'slave driving mentality' you don't have to look back hundreds of years ago in western history, just look no further than what is happening in many of the 'muslim countries' TODAY .

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Originally posted by masonwatcher

Complete bollocks.

Slavery had been practiced in Africa for centuries and it was not unique.
The slave trade relied on the active participation of African's capturing other African's and then selling them on.
African's made a fortune out of it and affluent and influential African's in many African countries today can trace their wealth back to their ancestor's involvement in the slave trade.

You also completely ignore the role of William Wilberforce and other Englishmen in the abolition of the slave trade.

Yet again more bigotry.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Being that it is well recorded how some men are able to dominate their women with fear and intimidation, backed by real physical violence now and then, the whole cover yourself with a burqa, don't talk to others and all that is just systematic tools for this kind of domination.

These Sharia courts will only put another, larger barrier between the women who show the courage to try and escape this oppressive atmosphere and the world of freedom the west can offer them. Religious based courts should not be allowed, even for arbitration.

It is clear that the people who support these courts will say anything, without any regard whatsoever for the truth.

Makes me start to think, well, we gave peace a chance, and look what it has gotten us.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

These Sharia courts will only put another, larger barrier between the women who show the courage to try and escape this oppressive atmosphere and the world of freedom the west can offer them. Religious based courts should not be allowed, even for arbitration.

But please understand something important some women LIKE to ware it..

its because of the FAITH they have.. not every single woman is DEMANDED to ware it... Turkey is case in point..

Its a silly scare article , it does raise valid points yes but it is nothing more than to sensationalize the issue "because they are Muslim" you should know better than that if you are from the UK.. our papers are world know for being bog paper ...

the sun the star the echo the mirror

all not worth putting on my butt cheeks i would rather scrape my ass on the floor like a dog with worms.. or use a leaf or nettles for the crap they print

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I dont much about this and maybe I'm reading this wrong but this is rediculous. What gives these muslim people (or any people) the right to run their own courts?

Someone else said if you live in a country you abide by its rules... I agree.

Someone also said muslims have big problems with non muslims traditions so why cant we have problems with their traditions in our countries... I agree too...

In muslim countries theyd NEVER allow any religious courts for non muslims or whatever, so why should we allow and honor their courts?

And this is unrelated but I cant stand how muslims treat women. Women are beautiful and without woman no one would exist. But these people treat them like second class citizens. I am a dude btw but I love and have a lot of respect for women.

I'm all for peace and equality, but a lot of muslims arent. You'll see me all over this forum arguing with racists and stuff. but I just cant support muslims. We are ALL EQUAL and a lot of muslims dont think that, so I dont support them.

Peace.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

I dont much about this and maybe I'm reading this wrong but this is rediculous. What gives these muslim people (or any people) the right to run their own courts?

That is because they don't mate the word "court" has been taken out of context and used "to make you think its a part of the legal system in the UK"

and its not

as i have been saying for the past 1000 pages

[edit on 19-7-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

I dont much about this and maybe I'm reading this wrong but this is rediculous. What gives these muslim people (or any people) the right to run their own courts? Someone else said if you live in a country you abide by its rules... I agree.

This is exactly how the person who posted the OP wants you to think. This Sharia 'court' is really a negotiating service and nothing to do with the legal system. The only legal aspect to it is the contract signed at the end of a session.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Seems to me that you are still denying that Muslim Schools create seperatism.... I don't know what you are on but you better get your head out of the sand!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
If we are talking about race, snce this topic has steered away fromthe op's original opening. Here is couple of articles relating to some Employment companies trying to force others to wear a abaya. Or a blind man and a guide dog thrown off a bus.

So is this what decades of suffragettes, the 60's-70's women's movement and modern day feminism has finally wrought?

Under the ludicrous guise of multiculturalism/cultural sensitivities, female flight attendants working for a BRITISH based airline (BMI) are now ordered to wear the abaya (muslim robe or dress) after flights to Saudi Arabia when they are in the country.

"BRITISH air stewardess More.. was sacked for refusing to fly to Saudi Arabia after she was ordered to wear a traditional Islamic robe and walk behind male colleagues. Lisa Ashton, a £15,000-a-year stewardess with BMI, was told that in public areas in Saudi Arabia she was required to wear a black robe, known as an abaya. This covers everything but the face, feet and hands. She was told to follow her male colleagues, irrespective of rank."

And it gets even worse:

Lisa Ashton was fired from her job:

"Her letter of dismissal said it was “proportionate” to ask female employees to walk behind men out of respect for Saudi culture. BMI has also defended its decision to require female staff to wear abayas."

Jon Ungoed-Thomas

“It’s not the law that you have to walk behind men in Saudi Arabia, or that you have to wear an abaya, and I’m not going to be treated as a second-class citizen,” Ashton said last week.

“It’s outrageous. I’m a proud Englishwoman and I don’t want these restrictions placed on myself.

I find this rather bizzare and disgusting. Just goes to show, that Females from the UK are supposed to abide by the culture of other countries. But when it comes to this country, Muslims are allowed to do go withthier own culture and not mainstream culture.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Here is another case, which to me cries out discrimination, under the disability act.

A driver told a blind cancer sufferer to get off his bus when a woman and her children became hysterical at the sight of his guide dog.

George Herridge, 71, told how the mum flew into a rage and shouted at him in a foreign language. A passenger explained she wanted him to get off the bus during the incident on May 20.

He is unsure what has provoked outbursts but said he thinks some have come from Asian people and that it may be due to religious or cultural differences.

If I was this guys relative, I would sue the Bus company for Blatant Discrimination under the Dircimination act against Disabilites.

Rediculous, and disgusting that he was forced off public transport. Just because some woman thought his dog was unclean. Hello that wa a guide dog!!

Pathetic.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
reply to post by poet1b

But please understand something important some women LIKE to ware it..

its because of the FAITH they have.. not every single woman is DEMANDED to ware it... Turkey is case in point..

Its a silly scare article , it does raise valid points yes but it is nothing more than to sensationalize the issue "because they are Muslim" you should know better than that if you are from the UK.. our papers are world know for being bog paper ...

the sun the star the echo the mirror

all not worth putting on my butt cheeks i would rather scrape my ass on the floor like a dog with worms.. or use a leaf or nettles for the crap they print

Girls as young as 4 are being forced, yes forced to wear the burkha as part of the school uniform, many Muslim schools insist it is worn out of school hours, not only is this imo a form of brain washing and child abuse it is also bad for the health as these kids are not getting enough vitamin D.
Where is their choice??

Anjen Choudary who is going around recruiting young boys as young as eleven has this to say about how he sees a future Britain, he is as scary as the BNP.
BBC The Big Question.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Baloney, they are forced to wear these traveling prisons by the oppressive culture in which they were trapped.

It was a hot day yesterday, we went to a local amusement park, to enjoy the fun at the water park, and cool off. I live in very multicultural society, so people from all over the world were there, including Muslims, with the women covered from head to toe.

While everyone else ran around in swimsuits, enjoying themselves, the Muslim women were miserable. I remember leaving, and this Muslim girl dressed in this pajama type outfit sitting in the water park area, and she was clearly miserable. Everyone else was having a good time staying cool and playing in the water rides, but these women could not. Not only can you see how unhappy with the situation they are, they are also resentful.

They really avoid eye contact. They make spectacles of themselves. People treat them politely, but their extreme religious beliefs create a barrier between themselves and everyone else. The men dress in western style clothing, while the women are forced into the ridiculous covering of themselves from head to toe, and it is wrong.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

The driver should be fired for such an incident. If the mother couldn't stand being around a dog, then she should have gotten off of the bus.

Dog is man's oldest friend in the animal kingdom. Once again, can't respect our culture, go back to where you came from.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33 >>

join