It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain has 85 sharia courts: The astonishing spread of the Islamic justice behind closed doors

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Sorry, I don't quite follow you - did I or Masonwatcher demonise females? What makes you think I support women's suffrage, when you should clearly be in the kitchen baking me a cake? (okay, that was a joke! Although I do like cake...)

Originally posted by masonwatcher
It is my country too so I really don't know what you are talking about.

That's a good start.

Originally posted by masonwatcherFurthermore, I am not crying about anything but curious if bigots and racists are prepared to stick by their beliefs. It really is a matter of commitments to principles that can only be tested to find its worth.

I agree, however you were the one insinuating you'd like to see criminal charges brought to the previous poster, were you not? What you have wished for there is a country in which people cannot speak their minds, which is a dreadfully scary road to go down.

Just because they are not your principles, doesn't mean you have any right to try and take them away, especially by using your "I'm a black Muslim" statement, in an attempt to invoke the all-powerful god of Political Correctness to smite the unbeliever's opinion until it becomes acceptable to you.

Originally posted by masonwatcherAll I am getting is load of gob#es venting their spleen anonymously for the failures in their lives.

I agree completely.

Originally posted by masonwatcherBlack people didn't land on these shores, these shores landed on them.

Don't blame history for the faliures in your life. And don't even get me started on the trans-Atlantic slave trade, colonialism or Britain's role in abolishing slavery. I'll get very stressed that you think the Americans are the same as the British, have a big rant that you probably won't read, and generally work myself up unnecessarily.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

If I was referring to you, I would have sad you specificaly. Since I did not mention your name in my comments, you have asssumed wrong. I apologise if you misunderstood my comments.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

The issue is whether you are man enough to u2u me your details and we could have a quiet face to face discussion on why I shouldn't pop down to the local police station over your opinion.

I was determined to stay out of this thread as it was just going round in circles, but.....

Anytime, anywhere pal...I ain't no lily livered internet cyber warrior.
I am quite willing to stand up for my principles of freedom of choice, will and thought and have done so many times.

You wish to deny people the very same rights you espouse for yourself.
Is it 'think what you like as long as you agree with me?'

Hypocrisy and double standards.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

The issue is whether you are man enough to u2u me your details and we could have a quiet face to face discussion on why I shouldn't pop down to the local police station over your opinion.

I was determined to stay out of this thread as it was just going round in circles, but.....

Anytime, anywhere pal...I ain't no lily livered internet cyber warrior.
I am quite willing to stand up for my principles of freedom of choice, will and thought and have done so many times.

You wish to deny people the very same rights you espouse for yourself.
Is it 'think what you like as long as you agree with me?'

Hypocrisy and double standards.

That comment was meant for someone else and was not over a matter of opinion. The chap insisted that I should be deported out of my own country on the basis of my skin colour. It is matter of personal concern that I should be run out of my home. If you think that anyone has the right to make such a statement, I really have nothing to say to you.

As for your invitation I am not interested because it;s bluster.

u2u me if you have anything to say friend.

[edit on 073131p://pm3142 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

And they'd laugh at you and tell you to bugger off. Having an opinion different or even repulsive to your own isn't a crime. I find it amusing also that you're the one running around shouting how proud you are to be Black, yet no-one else has mentioned anything about colour.

I always find that people such as yourself are the types who'll proudly watch the MOBO awards, celebrate "Black History Month" yet cry a river when anyone white wishes to celebrate their own culture and brandish them as racists. You even try to claim that St George was black, when he is quite clearly of Turkish/Palestinian origin, which no matter how you try to spin it, isn't black.

I bet you'd be among the first to complain if there was a MOWO award ceremmony, or a White Police Association!

That comment was meant for someone else and was not over a matter of opinion. The chap insisted that I should be deported out of my own country on the basis of my skin colour.

I think you'll find that is a matter of opinion you a disagreeing with. He said he doesn't believe this is your country, you disagree. Not a racist word was uttered. He is entitled to believe this isn't your country. personally, I am of the belief that immigrants cannot be English, as it is an ethnicity the same as being Scots or Welsh, but due to the PC brigade it has been turned into "anyone who lives in England", unlike being Scots or Welsh. I wouldn't suddenly become Scottish if I moved to Glasgow and nor would my children. You may well be British and I respect that and have no desire to see you deported for being Black, but you cannot be English unless you have English ancestry.

He didn't actually say anything about skin colour. Lets not forget YOU'RE the one who keeps bringing colour into this discussion (and every discussion you're involved in).

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

That comment was meant for someone else and was not over a matter of opinion. The chap insisted that I should be deported out of my own country on the basis of my skin colour. It is matter of personal concern that I should be run out of my home. If you think that anyone has the right to make such a statement, I really have nothing to say to you.

As for your invitation I am not interested because it;s bluster.

u2u me if you have anything to say friend.

[edit on 073131p://pm3142 by masonwatcher]

I am aware of who it was intended for.

However, I suspect you may have mistaken religion for race, two very different things.
And still, no matter how repulsive to you or anyone, the person is still entitled to his opinion in our 'free' country, as you are your's, yet you wish to deny him the very freedom you use to defend your right to believe what you do.

As I said, hypocrisy and double standards.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Apparently it is you that is crying a river with your fully formed opinion on the rights of people in this country based on their religion or on their colour. Either you have a reading comprehension problem or your malformed response is a consequence of having not read the preceding comments.

The person you are sticking up for was specific in stating that he voted for the BNP, thinks that England should be for the 'ethnically English' when the thread referred to issues of religion. In turn I said that I am black and Muslim, a double whammy for a BNP voter. His response was that I should be deported out of my country. This is a racial attack and highly illegal in the UK. So would you care to make a similar statement? One more statement like that from a UK resident and I guarantee you, it will be a police matter. This is is the law of the land, you don't like it take up with your local BNP representatives.

While you fight for your rights to freely offend people in any which way you want, I will stick up for my rights to not be racially abused in any way. Do you understand?

What the hell is a MOWO ceremony? Could be that you are referring to the MoBo Awards? Are you trying to prescribe the kind of music to me that you presume black people listen to? Can you tell one black person from another or do you think we all look the same?

And yes St. George was black as in Hamite, but let's not split hairs we all like the 'MOWO' ceremonies afterall.

You do realise Semites are a rainbow people ranging from white to black as in Sudanese people. And St. George was a Palestinian. The patron St. of England is a dark skinned man!

You know what, I am going to search the net for a T shirt with a black St. George in an Afro.

Finally, this is my country whether you or anyone else likes it or not. Do you not see the irony, here we are arguing over my human rights than these same bigots who are intolerant of ethnic minorities scratch their heads over why ethnic minorities are disloyal to this country. Have you been abroad, have you seen how a lot of white English people behave? This country is being shamed and humiliated daily yet you have time to dwell upon and formulate poisonous thoughts about other people's perspectives.

I do note that some white English folk inflate with pride at the heritage of the British Empire as if they had something to do with it. Well baby, I am a legacy of the British Empire; the chickens have come home to roost.

This country is knackered because small petty people like you.

[edit on 063131p://am3142 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I am aware of who it was intended for.

However, I suspect you may have mistaken religion for race, two very different things.
And still, no matter how repulsive to you or anyone, the person is still entitled to his opinion in our 'free' country, as you are your's, yet you wish to deny him the very freedom you use to defend your right to believe what you do.

As I said, hypocrisy and double standards.

Still waiting for your u2u.

I don't think you know the meaning of hypocrisy and double standards because you compare apples and oranges. I have a feeling you a have a linear thinking process on this matter and are stuck in an us and them mentality. Not everyone can be bright and we still need ditch diggers.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

This country is knackered because of the PC brigade pandering to those that would alter this once great union into a replica of the #hole they have come from and the enforced imposition of a repressive, barbaric and unforgiving belief system which is completely alien to the mind set and psyche of the indigenous peoples.

You seem to be the one who is turning this into a race debate rather than a creed debate.
Perhaps it is you that is the racist bigot?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by masonwatcher

This country is knackered because of the PC brigade pandering to those that would alter this once great union into a replica of the #hole they have come from and the enforced imposition of a repressive, barbaric and unforgiving belief system which is completely alien to the mind set and psyche of the indigenous peoples.

You seem to be the one who is turning this into a race debate rather than a creed debate.
Perhaps it is you that is the racist bigot?

I disagree. The quickest growing numbers of Muslims in the UK is within the English population. Google this you might find out something. Also Christianity is as an alien mind set as is Islam. They are a Semitic philosophies after all.

As for this country being a 'sh____le' I disagree unless of course you have happened to emerge from the class of personage loosely defined as lower working class or the under class. This has always existed in Britain from the Victorian tenement culture, feudalism and modern day council estates. Basically Britain has always had a redoubt of people who can not wipe their backsides. Now they are being mobilised to celebrate their 'Englishness' when they should be fighting a class war.

No equivalent western country in Europe treats its own people as wretchedly as the UK. Both the family unit has been destroyed and the education system undermined. Academic education has never really been offered to the working classes in any real sense.

Still waiting for your u2u friend.

[edit on 063131p://am3149 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Women flogged for wearing pants

Life under Sharia law for women. Lovely ....
:shk:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

I disagree. The quickest growing numbers of Muslims in the UK is within the English population. Google this you might find out something. Also Christianity is as an alien mind set as is Islam. They are a Semitic philosophies after all.

Yes, but what Christianity was very good at was taking bits of the local religions, traditions and cultures and adapted them to Christianity thus making it much more palatable and easier for Europeans to understand and convert to.
The very nature of Islam disallows this.

As for this country being a 'sh____le'

Err, I think you have misunderstood me...I wasn't calling this country a #hole but rather some of the countries which fundamental Islamic immigrants come from.

Oh, and yes, I do come from a Council Estate in a town in North East England, so what?

Class war?
Oh. i've had a belly full of all that bollocks I assure you, like I have said before, I have always been prepared to stand up for my principles of freedom of choice, will and thought, principles which are alien to Islam!

Still waiting for your u2u friend.

Like I said pal, anytime, anywhere.
If I thought for one moment that you had the balls to come into my world I would gladly give you details.....and I assure you I am quite prepared to enter your world.

Your constant efforts at trying to turn this into a race issue is becoming quite ridiculous and shows you to be the racist that you quite clearly are.

Edit to correct my very poor grammar, must be my poor educayshun as I cums frum a cowncil eestayte.

[edit on 14/7/09 by Freeborn]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

No equivalent western country in Europe treats its own people as wretchedly as the UK. Both the family unit has been destroyed and the education system undermined.

Mason... I'd point out that multiculturalism and mass-immigration has been part of this same campaign you allude to, to destabilise the UK. I don't mean this is a racial issue, or to say that 'minorities' themselves are hostile in any way, just that if you acknowledge the deliberate undermining of family and education, you should also acknowledge multiculturalism as part of that same insidious process by the elites.

Britain is your home, fine. You seem largely to be an intelligent, hard-working asset to the country. I will not side with any kind of 'ethnic cleansing' policy. However, if you believe Britain should not remain predominantly British in both culture and ethnicity, then I will have no choice but to fundamentally disagree with your ideology. To say that Britain should not remain predominantly British is to say that no ancient culture in the world deserves to be preserved. I don't like that kind of 'new world' post-traditional thinking.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Women flogged for wearing pants

Life under Sharia law for women. Lovely ....
:shk:

Sharia Law is not accepted in the West. I don't care what Muslims think of it. If they don't like it they should simply leave and not try to undermine Western values and principles. People actively applying Sharia law should be shipped back to their country of origin immediately and if they were born in for instance the UK, they should be locked up.

I'm getting kinda fed up with the respect particularly Muslims ask for whereas they have 0 respect for our society. Not all, but those undermining our societies are dirty parasites.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Mdv2]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Mdv2 .... Watch out! I'm really starting to like you.

I agree with you except that they won't 'simply leave'.
They hunker down and use the legal systems against us all.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Hello

I would just like to enter this discussion with a few views. I do not want this to turn into any kind of flame war or whatever the online phrase is for verbal fighting.

While you fight for your rights to freely offend people in any which way you want, I will stick up for my rights to not be racially abused in any way.

I agree that we should stick up for our rights to not be racially abused (this goes for whites too), however, I am a firm believer that there is such a thing as "positive discrimination" and the MoBo awards are an example of just that.
I find the MoBo awards and other forms of racial segregation (Black Policemen's Society etc.) as utterly racist as a white man.
I understand that people are proud of their heritage but just as you say yourself ...

I do note that some white English folk inflate with pride at the heritage of the British Empire as if they had something to do with it.

What do many of the British Africans in the UK have to do with Africa yet they are proud to be of African descent and display their flags and symbols on their possessions (cars is an example we can all see)?
So what right do they have to be proud of their ancestry that they had nothing to do with if the same can be said for the white man who cannot be proud of the ancestry that he had nothing to do with?

The problem with racism is that it always involves double standards and it always will. This just causes everyone to run around in circles.

To round off I would like to pose a fantastic speech by Bill Cosby which does touch upon proud African heritage. I quote this because I too often hear young black men claim to be proud of a heritage "that they had nothing to do with" yet they act exactly like the below:

They’re standing on the corner and they can’t speak English. I can’t even talk the way these people talk: Why you ain’t, Where you is, What he drive, Where he stay, Where he work, Who you be… And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk. And then I heard the father talk.

People putting their clothes on backward: Isn’t that a sign of something gone wrong? People with their hats on backward, pants down around the crack, isn’t that a sign of something? Or are you waiting for Jesus to pull his pants up? Isn’t it a sign of something when she has her dress all the way up and got all type of needles [piercing] going through her body?

What part of Africa did this come from? We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans; they don’t know a thing about Africa. With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that crap, and all of them are in jail.

However, again we are just going around in circles ... are we allowed to proud or our heritage? Of our beliefs? They will always offend one person or one section of society.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That happened in a differrnt country, not in the UK. Do you really think we would stand back and let this happen in the UK. Goodness no.

I for one would stand in front of any female who was threanened, with a whipping.

Absolutely digusting though, that there are countries, who still does not give females the exact same human basic rights as the male.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by george_gaz

Thank you.
A star for some common sense.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
That happened in a differrnt country, not in the UK. Do you really think we would stand back and let this happen in the UK. Goodness no.

It was in another country ... for now.
As for standing back and letting this happen .. you may not have a choice.
They are outbreeding you!

As these recent threads show - Sharia law is coming to the UK
www.abovetopsecret.com...

With Sharia law comes all the ignorance.
With Sharia law comes beating of women.
With Sharia law comes the public stoning of gays in the town square.
With Sharia law comes the end of freedom of speech.
With Sharia law comes the end of freedom of religion.
With Sharia law comes limbs cut off and public floggings for 'offenses'.
With Sharia law comes internet censorship (or no internet at all).
With Sharia law the world becomes 1100 A.D. again.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

If I was referring to you, I would have sad you specificaly. Since I did not mention your name in my comments, you have asssumed wrong. I apologise if you misunderstood my comments.
[edit on 13-7-2009 by Laurauk]

No no, it is I who should apologise, I should have guessed. And I really was just kidding, I'm quite confident that my own views on women are quite modern and progressive, and so I'm comfortable making jokes about olde-timey ways and beliefs. Your response seems quite formal, so I best explain that!

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join