It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women wore pants, flogged

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Women wore pants, flogged

www.straitstimes.com

CAIRO - SUDANESE police arrested 13 women in a raid on a cafe and flogged 10 of them in public for wearing trousers in violation of the country's strict Islamic law, one of those arrested said on Monday.

The 13 women were at a cafe in the capital, Khartoum, when they were detained Friday by officers from the public order police, which enforces the implementation of Syariah law in public places.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Lets make one thing clear here, i am not targeting the Islamic religion or any particular nation, but i am targeting the stupidity and obvious human rights abuse as the story reads.

Regardless of the religious law for which ever country it resides in you should not, cannot be subjected to a law by force. Is freedom of choice illegal in Islamic Syariah law ?
If so then perhaps someone should educate them or whoever that we are living in 2009 and not 1009...!

Just damn well stupid in my own opinion, as i have have posted many times, perhaps the world or organizations should activate themselves and force such brutal methods to the human rights commission and perhaps eventually someone might be spend some time in jail. Whats next, flogging a woman for thinking of having sex with some person who she see's on the cover of cosmopolitan magazine..????

www.straitstimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
people are so stupid.

god wtf do aliens think of us? if this wasn't so criminally ridiculous it would be funny. pants? lmao

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
This honestly sounds like repressed sexuality in that culture. Muslims seem to really be into the whole BDSM thing for some reason.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Well, crap. This is a religion that worries about what women wear and conducts jihads on innocent people as well as supplying the world with suicide bombers - what is the world coming to?

Who cares what people wear, as long as they are decently covered?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
This honestly sounds like repressed sexuality in that culture. Muslims seem to really be into the whole BDSM thing for some reason.

this just cruel torture...no society should have laws like this....what a barbaric way to treat other people...and why is sharia law still even practiced...what a bunch of animals.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic

Here's an interesting links full of christian scriptural references.

I could easily link many references to jews and muslims, but I'm too lazy to do so. I prefer to limit my bashing to christians, primarily

Religion doesn't kill, people who follow religion do though.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Can't let the little women be like men now can we?

I would be executed if I went to any Moslem country because I would not be able to shut my mouth at witnessing the archaic and unjust treatment of women...all enacted to stroke the egos of stupid men.

Makes me soooooooo mad! An oppressive religion that makes a mockery of womanhood.

It is all about power...no better than rapists and wife bashers

res

[edit on 14-7-2009 by resistancia]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistancia
Can't let the little women be like men now can we?

I would be executed if I went to any Moslem country because I would not be able to shut my mouth at witnessing the archaic and unjust treatment of women...all enacted to stroke the egos of stupid men.

Makes me soooooooo mad! An oppressive religion that makes a mockery of womanhood.

It is all about power...no better than rapists and wife bashers

res

[edit on 14-7-2009 by resistancia]

Since your even thinking about what you have posted you too could be whipped in public.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by tristar

Well, crap. This is a religion that worries about what women wear and conducts jihads on innocent people as well as supplying the world with suicide bombers - what is the world coming to?

Who cares what people wear, as long as they are decently covered?

Agree with you here, my personal views are simple.

When you have an uneducated society who is still governed by a social order that reacts with these methods then i guess training a person to strap some tnt with nails in order to cause maximum damage to innocent people would be considered a slap on the wrist.

Then again i too could be found an enemy of islam just for posting such a thread(s)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
and why is sharia law still even practiced...what a bunch of animals.

It's not just practiced there ... it's alive and well in the UK.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
people are so stupid.

god wtf do aliens think of us? if this wasn't so criminally ridiculous it would be funny. pants? lmao

Indeed, couldnt have said it better myself.

It just hits me as strange. Im not targetting this religion, but all religions in general. If your, or their god is benevolent why the 'hell' wouldnt he want you to make up your own mind. Same thing with Christianity, if their god is benevolent why send a good man who doesnt believe to rot in hell for the rest of eternity. Imo thats pretty evil. Rant over

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Sloppy]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Why would GOD or Allah give a sh*t if women wore trousers!

This defies logic.

I have said time and time again – why does the world tolerate this barbaric, low intelligence, mediaeval behaviour to continue.

But what really annoys me is all the so-called moderate Muslims all looking at the floor and shuffling their feet whenever these stories come out.

If Islam is such a wonderful religion, when are they going to stamp out this misogynistic nonsense!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
In my opinion, I put the blame for this ignorance squarely on men in this religion, and the religion itself.

Outrageous violation of human rights, no, womens rights. How can the rest of the world just sit here and do nothing?

It is precisely because of this type of incident the religion gets such a bad rap. Personally I think any woman who chooses this socalled faith (as opposed to it being forced upon her) has mental issues.

Islam is not a religion, it is an oppressive and violent movement against women first and non believers as well. Disgusting!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

Well thats very easy to answer, no one likes to be told how wrong one is, or how stupid.

But hey, if you try and do this in a western country in public i bet you my family jewels you WILL end up in JAIL...!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Im sorry anyone whom tried to whip me for wearing trousers, whould be whipped back.. No man would ever dare lay a hand or a finger on me. I would cut thier weanie off.

On a serious note, this really concerns me. I would certainly hope, if this happened inmy country, those who carried out the beating, would be arrested for it. It is about high time the rights of the female is upheld at the same level of the mans right

Until this happens, this is going to happen time and time again.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Unfortunately what usually happens is when these women visit or live in country's were such behavior is not tolerated by LAW they end up either being victims of home abuse or they end being disowned by their family's. Once the initial mental conditioning of years that a woman is not equal or relevant to society or family is overcome, that is when organizations or friends are most needed. It takes very tiny steps but the outcome of protecting woman from monstrosity's like these that make things worth ones time.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by resistancia

SHUT UP and get in there and make me a sammich woman!

Ha ha just kidding.

The Muslims need to get with the 21st century. This isn't year 1200 anymore.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I live up to my user name. I take pride in being extremely defiant when it comes to men bullying women.

Some people play it safe and keep their thoughts to themselves out of fear, I prefer to just say it like it is and deal with the consequences later.

cheers
res

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by resistancia

Exactly, I am the same way. If some male tried telling me what I should or should not wear, he would be shown the door, or told where to go.

We are not 2nd class to men. We are equal, about time men realised this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join