It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feel like your life is on "standby" until 2012?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Well I'm not going to tell you what you should do, but I can tell you that I feel exactly the same way. Its like every day is mental torture, like one of the previous posters said. I just want to get it all over with, and if I die too, I don't care, I just want the waiting to be over. I refuse to have a kid, this has little to do with 2012, more to do with the state of our society. He would *have* to have vaccinations, I never had a choice either - I think people should have the option to refuse. Then there's flouride in the water, genetically modified foods, an abusive and ill educational system, oppressive government, you name it. If I had an option, I don't think I would have chosen to be born right now. This time and place sucks.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
You know the answer already.

Trust your feelings

meanwhile save some money and enjoy your the free time.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Pointman

you should live everyday like its your last.

because one day it will be.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
I am wondering if anyone else feels like their life is on "standby" until 2012? Does anyone else feel like they can't look into the future because of their fears of 2012? Sometimes I feel like Im waiting for 2012.

What really bothers me- is I want to start a family with my husband. Problem is, I feel really hesitant about doing so before 2013. Any other women feel this way? I mean- it would really suck trying to survive the "end of the world" with an infant.

Since 1998 I have been convinced, by all the material I have researched and by my own feelings about it- that the shift is going to hit the fan come 2012 or around there of. Infact I feel so certain of it- I have a hard time making long term goals for myself. Because, I believe there is a 50/50 chance that life as we know it could be completely different.

Id really like to believe that everything will be "alright". But- with as much on the verge of collapse in our current times- the economy, environment, governments.... is it really a stretch to be worried???

I feel the exact same way as you feel. I am currently 26 going on 27 and i sometimes feel like i need to start a family but due to current events and the times we are currently living in i kinda dont want to have kids and raise them in this messed up world. 2012... the end times i can honestly say that i dont know what to expect but i do go about my business and try to get out and live a little before this "prophecy" might become a reality. So far i just been living my life and been training myself mentally and physically for what lies ahead. Other then that i do feel the same way as you.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I would only want to have children if I'm sure I can provide for them. Right now I don't believe I can. I would only be able to so if I had a house with some land, be able to grow food and have solar panels for electricity and a water purifying system. That way I could still be able to teach them and learn how to become happy in a difficult world.

Quite frankly I just don't believe our society is build to last, there just isn't a durable relationship with the environment. I believe we should have changed already but simply don't want to because we are so addicted to many things we could easily do without. Sooner or later we have to change our lifestyle, if people still refuse or are simply ignorant we'll likely have riots, people blaming others or trying to rob those who did choose to put a lot of effort into providing for themselves.

I don't believe this will happen in 2012 but it maybe much later say 2030, it is inevitable. I don't believe some supernatural event will happen, it will be like it has always been; survival of the fittest (nation). Only looking back at the past it is easy to notice a pattern of warfare, not one generation has lived without some major war, combined with the many weapons in this world, guns and ammo is meant to be used and will continue to be produced for a long time, soldiers are not for decoration.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Im an atheist but if this will put your mind at ease about where your going then so be it. If the end of the world comes in 2012 then You can say for sure that god isnt real and you dont have to worry bout anything because in the bible it says no one will know when its going to end. If it doesnt happen ill still be an atheist but hey you might have a little more faith lol

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I am looking forward to 2012, so I can see all the posts on ATS. The really interesting posts will be those leading up to the eve of that oh-so anticipated night. All those people who predicted overly fantastic crap.

Of course, no one is going to learn a lesson from any of it.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
I think its all very #ty and negative of most all of you who replied to this thread. If you dont agree with the post- why even bother replying with negative statements like
- im stupid
- get a life

Well, you did ask:

I am wondering if anyone else feels like their life is on "standby" until 2012?
Does anyone else feel like they can't look into the future because of their fears of 2012?
...is it really a stretch to be worried???

If you didn't want people to answer honestly, then you should have changed your post to "only reply if you agree with me".

For heavens sakes. I am a psychic, medium, empath who sees and feels things that 99.9% of the population cant.

Really? And you didn't see this coming?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I hope youre feeling fine, today

I feel a little like you do....but I really want to use this moment to say

Wow!...you have a childwish and I guess you both do. I dont have children myself but its the group I work with most. I dont have a partner for a few reasons and I often tinker of having children

It can really bring you a lot of unexpected and immense joy that might soften the fear of 2012 and its effects youre thinking of right now....

I hope you understand what I meant with that, its hard to explain ^^

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I feel it too, like it's no point trying to make plans

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Remember Y2K? Remember the mass panic button that got pressed..and when the new year came...nothing happened?

2012 is the new Y2K. I'm really getting sick of the scams that are going on. And now we have this new film coming out.

Ugh.

People are so goddamn gullible.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
No, my life isn't on standby re: 2012, any more than I factored the year 2,000 into my plans and decisions.

Imo, 2012 will pass by no more/less eventfully than any other year

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

your so disinformed about this 2012 agenda scheme that's been plotted out, So what if you did procrastinate for the rest of the time being and nothing happens huh? wouldnt that feel good? lmao , and nothing will happen 110%. This imo is just another shock wave airframe testing for there statistics in how believable they can make things seem as they are not through there ties in media.

fake=2012=fake

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
OP just learn to let go of all your fears. When you conquor your fear then you can do anything you want. Be anyone you want, have kids, faimly, live your life to the fullest. Just remove FEAR, and you can open the wonderous realms of all possibilities. Then it won't matter whatever comes to pass on Dec 21st 2012. Because YOU will have won the game and ended the cycle of Fear.
All the rest will just be an adventure.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
My life certainly isnt on "standby" but I do have an opinion that if things don't drastically change by the time the clock officially turns into 2013, then all my hope for the world is gone.

It's one of those moments in time where I am going to be thinking "now what?" if it goes by with nothing happening. It's the last date with some substance behind it for a major event to happen, as anything after it is just another date fabricated to create a hype about it.

I hope something happens.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I know exactly what you mean. I have felt a certain doom about 2012 for some time now. Even before I ever heard of the 2012 Mayan calendar theory I was certain that something big was going to happen soon, but I try to stay level headed.

I have been collecting/stocking up on survival equipment, non-perishable food, ammunition etc. for some time now. (I figure even if nothing happens in 2012 it would still be nice to have that stuff in a natural disaster, civil unrest, or any other serious situation that may come up in my lifetime.) But I am still finishing my degree, and I am getting married in just over a year.

So I would suggest planning for the worst, but otherwise living your life normally. Keep an ear to the ground and be vigilant, but not so much that you forget to enjoy the best parts of life. (like family)

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Yes. I am part of "Clean Up Crew". But I am working on Prevention and Decreasing the "Problems" associated with the Ascension Process.. So, I do feel as if on "Stand By", but only sometimes. There is So Much to Do.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
You are going to die anyway. LIVE. Don't worry about this whole NWO thing. I believe NWO is real, but what can you do?! Our power lies in the masses and the majority are asleep! So, live. If you must die, which you will, then live.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I agree with you, I didnt plan on having children untill 2013 but as fate would have it I had my daughter June 2008, and now after researching 2012 since I was 11 and I am now 23 I am scared SH*TLESS about what am I going to do with my child? What if the world ends, do I just hold her and die together? LMFAO Seriously, that was more of a nervous laughter, I'm getting very very scared. Have I stopped living my life? No, instead I enjoy it that much more, because weather or not 2012 comes, I could die in a car accident tomorrow you know? I play with her, sing to her, hug her and kiss her, even though in the back of my mind I am worried sick about watching the world end with my then 4 yr old child!!! AAAAAAA, I think women worry more then men, its in our genetics. Guys are suppose to be brave and bold, so I do understand where ur coming from!!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarrGazer25

I agree with you, I didnt plan on having children untill 2013 but as fate would have it I had my daughter June 2008, and now after researching 2012 since I was 11 and I am now 23 I am scared SH*TLESS about what am I going to do with my child? What if the world ends, do I just hold her and die together? LMFAO Seriously, that was more of a nervous laughter, I'm getting very very scared. Have I stopped living my life? No, instead I enjoy it that much more, because weather or not 2012 comes, I could die in a car accident tomorrow you know? I play with her, sing to her, hug her and kiss her, even though in the back of my mind I am worried sick about watching the world end with my then 4 yr old child!!! AAAAAAA, I think women worry more then men, its in our genetics. Guys are suppose to be brave and bold, so I do understand where ur coming from!!

Yes, and its generally also women who tend to keep their head on their shoulders and dont start doomsaying in fear and try to give their children the best possible time

Maybe women worry more about what needs to be done and the health of their kids instead of some 2012 possibility, hmm?

But theres always exceptions

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join