It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feel like your life is on "standby" until 2012?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I am wondering if anyone else feels like their life is on "standby" until 2012? Does anyone else feel like they can't look into the future because of their fears of 2012? Sometimes I feel like Im waiting for 2012.

What really bothers me- is I want to start a family with my husband. Problem is, I feel really hesitant about doing so before 2013. Any other women feel this way? I mean- it would really suck trying to survive the "end of the world" with an infant.

Since 1998 I have been convinced, by all the material I have researched and by my own feelings about it- that the shift is going to hit the fan come 2012 or around there of. Infact I feel so certain of it- I have a hard time making long term goals for myself. Because, I believe there is a 50/50 chance that life as we know it could be completely different.

Id really like to believe that everything will be "alright". But- with as much on the verge of collapse in our current times- the economy, environment, governments.... is it really a stretch to be worried???

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
My advice is to stop doing everything all together. Hide in your house and don't come out, except maybe to get eggs and milk. Become a hermit. Stop dreaming about a better future. Put off everything that you can, for as long as you can. Deny reality or at the very least don't endorse it.

Really just procrastinate for the rest of your life and do nothing.

Hope that helps.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
If nothing happens by the end of next year, go ahead and have some kids if that is what you want to do. In the meantime I agree with waiting and getting prepared as best you can.

- PM

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I think this feeling is normal. I certainly feel like I've been waiting for something that hasn't appeared yet. Almost dead in the water in a sense.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

The first thing you need to do is stop reading ATS.

It would be interesting to know how many other feel this way.

Women had baby’s in war time some lived some didn’t, 2012 will come and go if we are all here or not is another matter.

The point being that you can’t stop life worrying about what might not happen.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
All I know is that all of us are somewhat hoping for change in 2012.

If nothing changes, then damn, I dunno what to think. Realistically nothing dramatic will happen, but I really hope for something dramtically differentl. Mainly because I feel we'll be doomed if nothing changes. I just don't like the way we're living.

Though, I am hypocritical because I have done absolutely nothing to contribute to a change. I have to say, though, I wouldn't hesitate to join a good movement if the cause was pure and justified.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by Whine Flu]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

I am genuinely sorry you feel that way. I too was feeling like this but I changed my attitude and decided that I was going to especially enjoy all the things that I like. I am here to experience as many things in as positive a way I can. And nobody or nothing is going to stop me!

Oh, and I try to be super nice to my husband and children and let them know all the time how loved they are.

None of us knows how long we've got. You've got a choice. You've always got choices. As a famous person (no idea who!!) once said, "It's not how you die that you will be judged. It's how you lived.

Oh yeah, I remember now. It was a line out of the movie Vertical Limit.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Primordal
If nothing happens by the end of next year, go ahead and have some kids if that is what you want to do. In the meantime I agree with waiting and getting prepared as best you can.

- PM

Agreed. I'm more worried about possible martial law/economic collapse in late 09/early 10 than I am about 2012.

As for 2012, I expect more (to quote Coast 2 Coast AM) "Waves of Change" than an "end of the world" in 2012. "End of the world as we know it?" Maybe. But life WILL go on, and having kiddies will help ensure that life will go on!
There's no 50/50 about it... Life as we know it WILL be totally different! But, have faith that it will ultimately be for the better. Yes, there will be dark times ahead. But freedom, liberty, and life WILL prevail.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
No child is born with a long life warranty

It is because life has no insurance or guarantees when we are born
That our prime directive while we are alive ...is to create more life

The fact that we now have a choice to have children or not ....seems to be the beginning of our own end

People are now putting off having children until they are in their mid 30's and even when this age is reached
There comes many excuses as to why couples will still keep putting off pregnancy
And then it becomes to late when the biological reproduction clock stops naturally ticking

I see 2012 being just another one of these excuses as well as the over population propaganda

Nature takes care of our needs

And right now it seems ...there just is no more need for future children

Sadly this is what happens ..when life is given a human choice

We end up having no more future plans

"Can the last one to leave, please turn out all the lights"

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Nope, life goes on as normal for me because 2012 is just another year that will come and go irrespective of how much the "doomsdayers" prophetize the end of the world ... just pure bunkum ...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   

1st. i'm not a woman. 2nd you need to put something down about
your hubby darlyn. how does he feel? so far all i can say is if your that
concerned about it.what a sweet mama your going to make and theres sure not anything wrong w/ that. so don't let sarcasm get in the way. tell us about what hubby thinks k? i see this younger gen. coming up
and i think man it' has got to be pretty scary for you guys.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

I'd get on with your life and enjoy it. Nothing is going to happen in 2012 apart from the usual things that happen on planet Earth.

Remember, *no one* knows what is going to happen, no matter how many Mayan calendars people have or how many "My friend says so because he's talked to aliens" people you know. Everything is pure speculation and desire. That's it.

Why stop living your life for fears of an event that *might* happen? You might as well stay indoors, cover yourself in bubble wrap and do nothing ever again.

Hell, you could be hit by a bus tomorrow, or struck by a meteorite, or get ebola, etc -- anything could happen but you still walk about right now and do what you need to do.

Why put 2012 on a pedestal? It'll just be another year and another day here on wacky planet Earth.

So relax, go start a family!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

It's really hard to be an optimist these days.
But IMO, that is what you need to be if you are going to bring another life into this world.

My wife and I have one child, arriving unexpectedly but we were both overjoyed. After a while we realised that we did not want our child to grow up without a sibling. When a parent passes on, it is good to have a brother or sister to share your grief with. And when both parents have gone, they will not be left alone.

But ultemately, we stopped at just the one. The world today is not a place I would choose as a suitable environment for a child to grow up in. And that is even without the impending doom that surrounds 2012.

Above all you must follow your heart, as a child can enrich your life like nothing else, but know that you must be prepared for the possibility of much heartache. Nothing else can hurt you more than seeing your own child in distress.

Personally, I think that world events from hereon in will just serve to strengthen the belief of those who feel that things on earth are going to get rather ugly in the run-up to 2012.
And for me, It is the welfare of our child that causes the most worry.

To me it makes the most sense for you to wait a while, but do not put your life on complete hold.

Travel, see what's left of the beauty of the world, experience new things and places while you still can. Stand on tropical shores with the waves lapping at your feet. Climb mountains, trek through valleys, and ford streams. Take in the wonders of nature that can still be found all around you. And then if the world does begin to become a better place, you have lost nothing and can still enjoy the joys of parenthood.

But, if we continue sliding down the slippery slope to global economic meltdown, NWO, pole shifts, cataclysmic earth changes and the like, you will know soon enough that you made the right decision.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Well, I finish University November 2012...
If this 2012 stuff is true, what a waste of time this will be!!!!!!!
If i knew it was definitely true, I would be dropping out !!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
If the world really is going to end then you should live everyday like its your last.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I agree with the person above who said... "I was" feeling this way...

There is a real battle here and regardless of what happens in 2012 it's being waged and the battle is all in the heart and mind and soul...

Positive vs negative...

I don't care about 2012 anymore, i'll have more children, better odds if nothing else to survive on... I've changed allot this year, hard to explain, I just know i'll be okay no matter what

It's going to be okay

you know... people might trip, but it doesn't mean I have to trip with them.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Well, i do not feel like being in "stand-by". Something strange is happening in Romania ! I see a gradual awakening, unseen before - from teenagers to those in their late 40s , people start to be aware of the work of the corrupted elite against them, and thankfully organise in small groups, creating alternatives and protests against establishemnt. I am sure that the period towards 2012 will be a very interesting one, at least in Romania!
For now the group I am part of (I know 20 different groups that poped out in the last 3 months! ), started to translate all kind of materials into Romanian (volunteer work) and also debating a future form of government we call "government 2.0" . Also possible we will start a new party , managed by the people using a web-platform . Well..not bored here!

what about US? do you see people starting to design alternatives?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I WAS feeling this way, no longer though. If you really feel like your life is on standby because of "2012" then you need to look at yourself and talk to your friends and family and enjoy life. Ride a bike, etc. I stopped feeling like my life was on standby once I realised that either nothing will happen in 212 OR something amazingly spiritual or amazingly dangerous will happen, and that either way it is in the FUTURE and we are in the PRESENT. We haven't reached that time yet so it is rediculous to worry about.

Once it is 2013 THEN you can worry about what will happen "yesterday".
"Die living, don't live dying."

[edit on 26/6/09 by Nventual]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
im sorry but i think you are being stupid.. if we are going to die in 2012, you might aswell do something.. i dont see any point in waiting..

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
why would you worry about it its... *looks at calendar* 3 and a half years from now.

you really need to get a hobby if this is crippling you so much. leave the site for a while. go hiking/fishing....go visit the great barrier reef.

if you are afraid the world is going to end, then look for the beauty that exists in the here and now. you cant base everything off this one fear that might as well be made up.

just because Cthulhu is coming back to eat us all after he wins the presidential election in 2012, doesnt mean your life has to go on hold.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join