It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feel like your life is on "standby" until 2012?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
xynephadyn, you are definitely not alone in your thinking. In fact, I would hazard a guess and say that a great majority feel like things are in a holding pattern before a very big shift. Something, I feel, much closer than 2012 is actually imminent.

It’s actually great that you’re sharing this thought, because it is important. Very important. Many people, including myself, are feeling the same sense of apprehension. How can one NOT have this feeling?

Truly, there is so much afoot, and it’s all happening simultaneously and rapidly, on so many levels that it’s almost as if one is just standing, waiting to see how it turns out.

I should add that IT IS POSITIVE. We are seeing the media (and entertainment industry) magnifying and splashing the worst of things on screen, but the truth is exactly the opposite of what’s being fed to us. Truly.

The truth of the matter is, our consciousness on a massive scale has been affected by not only 2012, but a myriad real time events / occurrences that bespeak something greater afoot. This includes, but is not limited to 2012. 2012 is a sign post, but things are happening NOW.

Whatever moves our consciousness as a race, such as what is occurring now, has meaning and significance. And reactions such as yours are inevitably a byproduct of whatever this consciousness movement is.

No one feels “settled” right now.

I won’t talk about 2012, but will address your feelings, and resultant action / inaction based on those feelings. There will be some who are not aware of this shift, and whom are living life as usual.

There will be some who are aware of 2012 / the shift, and whom will also live life as usual. And there are others, like yourself, who are so aware and affected by this shift that it will indeed affect how you respond / react to the events of your life.

It just is what it is. I think you’re just thinking aloud, but there is nothing wrong with A) Questioning whether or not to proceed with having children given what is happening right now; and B) Deciding to wait to see what happens. This would be like any other significant “outside” element, or consideration affecting your decision to take (or avoid / postpone) certain actions.

It is no less important, or an issue than, say, being unsure if you or your partner is going to have a job in two months (especially, legitimate given the economic turmoil). It is equally a legitimate concern. A concern you will have to address yourself, how you wish to address it and in your own time. You are either a person who is unaffected by things like job security when making these decisions, or you are not.

You are not alone, and your consideration is legitimate.

This shift and 2012 have moved to a certain level within our consciousness that it has become for some, like you, me and others, an element affecting our life decisions. This is a big, big thing.

Some people may call you (me, or others) crazy to let something like this affect our lives, but the fact is IT IS – for many, many people. I don’t think people understand the magnitude of people who are anticipating something big to happen, and soon. This isn’t just some computer programming, or numbers thing.

There is something that has moved the consciousness of this planet greatly; people are affected on a deep level.

We are each intended to have our own take on things, and consequently to respond as is natural for us. Your feelings are natural, and your response, or non-response is up to you. If you decide that you need to wait, and feel this deeply, then that is right for you. Things will play out as intended, for each of us.

Don’t overthink it. If you want to wait, or not, you are absolutely supported and encouraged either way.

It just may be, however, that you aren’t intended to just yet, and may have a different role to play in the near future.

This may also be an intuitive element creating your reluctance / apprehension.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
why would you worry about it its... *looks at calendar* 3 and a half years from now.

Livin' it up in '08, are we?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Here is a link to a thread that you may wish to read.

Lets have a huge party because we are all going to die

I put a link in a post on the thread and will do here.

We're all going to die.

The point of it is,Yes we are all going to die one way or another.
Just enjoy the ride until we do.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Standby?No.But i feel my apprehension level rising daily.Increasing govnt control,media blackouts of such and the orchestrated worldwide economic collapse seem to be just the start.Frankly,at this rate i dont feel many will be here in 2012,without divine intervention.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Good question, Yes I do feel like I'm on standby. But only until Disclosure not 2012. I beleive Disclosure will come first then I can move on and enjoy the ride onwards into the future. This waiting BS is mental torture. I can can remember thinking about 2012 back in highschool in 1992 about how long I've got to wait back then. At least it's not long now.
We're obviously gonna get a gradual build up to the transitional period. So we can expect the first stage of disclosure soon enough. I just wonder what angle they are going to come in from. Scientific or Religious or Both.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
As far as the Mayan calender is concerned maybe they just got bored and stopped. People have claimed the sky is falling for centuries maybe longer. 2012 IS NOT GUARANTEED TO BE A HORROFIC EVENT! Most believe it will be the beginning of a new age an age of awareness. Some believe technology will fail us and we will go backwards a bit and all that means is instead of hiding behind computers we will be out and about the way life is meant to be. We know for a fact past civilizations were technically and spiritually advanced in a way WE do not understand and for whatever reason life ended abruptly for them. In the world we live in now ANY YEAR could be the last. We have made it this far and with positive thinking we can make it further much much further. So if you think you are ready for a child financially and mentally then get to work lol . Have faith and when you think of the future imagine it the way you want it to be and not the way a naysayer says it will be. Finding a hobby would help too. MGBY

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

2012?

You're putting your life and dreams on hold for a theory that may or may not be accurate to 3 years away?

You do realize the possibilities of death and disaster are around you every day? How do you even know you're going to live to see 2012, or 2011, or 2010??

Live in the moment. Live for today. Go get pregnant before you miss out on that experience you want!

If you live with a mindset of 3 years from now, you're going to miss out on the beautiful things in life today!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
2012, well lets see, will it happen or not? How about this, lets forget about this 2012 stuff altogether. Take a minute and truly think about what is going on around you in this day and age. Do you feel secure in your own skin? Does the news make you want to throw up sometimes with all the negativity and violence shown? Or better yet, does your gut tell you something sinister is in the wind but you can't put your finger on it?

I'm sure many have probably had those feelings throughout history and maybe our time is no different. Humanity has always faced unspeakable odds and can experience an Extinction Level Event no different than any other animal. We could have nuclear war, Yellowstone could erupt, polar shift, asteroid or comet impact, Ice Age, famine, and the list goes on. We can sit on our hands and worry; or live our lives to the best of our ability and if calamity happens so be it.

However, I would be lying to all of you if I didn't tell you that I am experiencing self-foreboding. Sometimes I just want to crawl into a hole and disappear if I could, but I do see some of good in world if you can believe it. I see the good when my cat jumps on my lap and I stroke her forehead after a difficult day, or when my niece and nephews are playing while smiling and giggling, or when the birds are singing when you first wake in the morning, or listening to a mellow song, and the list goes on.

So I guess what I am saying is that within in yourself there can be paradise and no person or event can take that away from you. Your reality of the world is what you feel with in yourself. To not sound like a hypocrite, I must work on that as well, because as I stated earlier; I am a victim of doom and gloom thoughts. I'll end with a quote: "There is no such thing as a normal life; there is just life and you get on with it." Doc Holliday to Wyatt Earp while on his death bed from the movie "Tombstone." That scene is one of my favorites and it is true.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

hey girl what happened to you?

thought you would have ackknowledged by now.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I have multiple sclerosis and I had a medical emergency yesterday.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by atswheat

Thank You for sharing my viewpoint, I felt your wisdom in your post. You, understand what is about to happen.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I think its all very #ty and negative of most all of you who replied to this thread. If you dont agree with the post- why even bother replying with negative statements like
- im stupid
- get a life

For heavens sakes. I am a psychic, medium, empath who sees and feels things that 99.9% of the population cant. I dont expect many to understand but if you dont agree with me dont both replying.

You need to get a life for all of you who "get off" on putting other people down. ATS is becoming a battlefield for people like me-- because we have to fight with ignorance like most all of you, every single day.

This will be my last response on this thread.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Op I used to think the same thing when it came to 2012...not because of ATS but because of what I dream at night.

But whatever happens, happens. Don't let 2012 keep you from living your life. Go out with your husband and have some fun and just live in the moment. Life is too short, live your life and live it well.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I do hope you were not including me in that little hissy fit.

As a fellow medium I am a little surprised by your response and your view.
Not to love and light was it.
Maybe you are still in development or have you had a bad day so to speak.

Love and light

G.M.

[edit on 27/6/09 by gallifreyan medic]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
We've made ourselves as ready for whatever as we can, and continue to tweak our systems. Both my wife and I were first responders to various emergengies at one time. I grew up in the northwest and everyone was a hoarder. It just was.

To answer the OP's question, Nope, we're not on hold. Life is for living. I think one of the worst things in life is to lament to oneself, "what if.......". Nope, not me. I want to die worn out and happy.

We're about to go 1/2 solar power. It will be interesting to protect the panels against storms. I figure that's another three hours to insert into our hurricane plan.

I don't see how being ready does anything but benefit a person. Look, you have food and water, supplies and perhaps even safely stored fuel, the worst case is that you save some money. Of course, there's a herd of things we can't imagine that we might not be prepared for, or things we can't do anything about.

I have no fear. We'll make our stand together, tomorrow or 50 years from now. We'll see.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I'm being completely serious when I say this.

That's completely ridiculous speculation. If it's affecting your life, that's symptomatic of some kind of problem. That's strong grounds for visiting a psychologist or psychotherapist.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
I'm being completely serious when I say this.

That's completely ridiculous speculation. If it's affecting your life, that's symptomatic of some kind of problem. That's strong grounds for visiting a psychologist or psychotherapist.

yeah.. disregard ancient civilization prophecy, chinese i-ching and time wave zero and consult a pharmaceutical company drug sales representative to get hooked on their drugs but make sure you don't stop paying to take them otherwise your withdrawl might cause you to do a school shooting...

great advice there... yeeesh....
i guess ATS attracts all kinds..

anyway.. to the OP..

Originally posted by xynephadyn
I am wondering if anyone else feels like their life is on "standby" until 2012? Does anyone else feel like they can't look into the future because of their fears of 2012? Sometimes I feel like Im waiting for 2012.

um...

If I were you, I'd prepare yourself for SURVIVING the coming "slate wiping" and Grand Deception that's to occur by man's hand before the 144k return on 12/21/2012.

I'd look out for Jan 15, 2010, Feb 24, 2011, and Jun 15, 2011.
see here -

(click to open player in new window)

no such thing as "COINCIDENCE".

-

[edit on 27-6-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
makes me think of:

"Waiting For The Miracle"

Baby, I've been waiting,
I've been waiting night and day.
I didn't see the time,
I waited half my life away.
There were lots of invitations
and I know you sent me some,
but I was waiting
for the miracle, for the miracle to come.
I know you really loved me.
but, you see, my hands were tied.
I know it must have hurt you,
it must have hurt your pride
to have to stand beneath my window
with your bugle and your drum,
and me I'm up there waiting

Ah I don't believe you'd like it,
You wouldn't like it here.
There ain't no entertainment
and the judgements are severe.
The Maestro says it's Mozart
but it sounds like bubble gum
when you're waiting

Waiting for the miracle
There's nothing left to do.
I haven't been this happy
since the end of World War II.

Nothing left to do
when you know that you've been taken.
Nothing left to do
when you're begging for a crumb
Nothing left to do
when you've got to go on waiting
waiting for the miracle to come.

I dreamed about you, baby.
It was just the other night.
Most of you was naked
Ah but some of you was light.
The sands of time were falling
from your fingers and your thumb,
and you were waiting
for the miracle, for the miracle to come

Ah baby, let's get married,
we've been alone too long.
Let's be alone together.
Let's see if we're that strong.
Yeah let's do something crazy,
something absolutely wrong
while we're waiting

Nothing left to do ...

When you've fallen on the highway
and you're lying in the rain,
and they ask you how you're doing
of course you'll say you can't complain --
If you're squeezed for information,
that's when you've got to play it dumb:
You just say you're out there waiting

We're all waiting...
Perhaps a hermit knows how to do that best.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by djr33222]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Psychologists and psychotherapists aren't the drug pushers, kid. Those are psychiatrists, and I never recommend those.

Symptoms being describe here include an obsession and subsequent inability to function due to a psychotic fixation on something ridiculous. It really isn't something that should be encouraged or joked about.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join