It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Reserve To Be Given Sweeping New Powers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Federal Reserve To Be Given Sweeping New Powers

waronyou.com

The new rules would see the Fed given the authority to “regulate” any company whose activity it believes could threaten the economy and the markets....
In other words, the Fed, which is already totally unaccountable to Congress, is to be placed in complete control of the entirety of the US financial system, to do as it wishes without repercussion.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
wow. complete control of the entire freaking market.
now, not only does the fed print ALL the money, controlling its value completely, but now they have the authority to "regulate" businesses as they see fit?
crap.
it's like they were waiting for us all to be distracted by something.
like a celebrity death or something....

waronyou.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by tOrnaDo_pHett

well here we go again I wonder what is to become of the counrty that I love and defend? and what is to become of it's people? i supose time will tell. I cant help but wonder what will it take before the public steps in and say enuf.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

You said it: the fed print ALL the money.

Everyone, join the Fed's FREE MONEY funfair.
Everyone, PRINT !

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I am pretty sure this is the opposite direction that Ron Paul wants to go, like a Bruno interview.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

The more the Fed is required to act visibly, to be seen as powerful and to (worse yet) swell up like a toad and increase its powers, the more obvious it will be to the dumb-us public that something is up...

It is very American to turn against such a Big Inevitable Chunk, and say "Who died and made you God?", so to speak...

And if all the popular rage don't matter, because all the politicians and institutions are bought and paid for...then that would translate into one hella powerful backing/mandate for the one politician who might decide to grow a pair and "serve the people" instead...

I think the Fed-and-them are about half-toast already...I think they might have to fall back on World War Three, to distract us, if anything can, in the next little bit...

Like I have said previously, the Fed is the Wizard Of Oz, and the dumb-us public is Dorothy, and what happened next after "PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN"..."GO DOROTHY!"et cetera...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
i think that michael jackson was killed, with demerol, as a means to distract us from just this very news.
every time brittney spears shaves her head, lindsey lohan gets a dui or something like that is considered the top "news" story of the day,
i say to myself "what are they distracting us from?"
and i turn to page 19 or 20 to see how we're being raped of our rights behind the curtains.
read this thread.
follow the links.
it adds up.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
micheal was murdered.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
this thread also has relevance to this subject.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
So it would no longer be a Free Market – in essence it'd become a Fed Market.

When did we convert from Capitalism to Fascism?

I guess it was just after WWII with the rise of the Military Industrial Complex.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
If the CORRUPT Federal Reserve is given these unjust powers, who do you think they’ll go after with a vengeance? Google, that’s my call.

Think about it, this altruistic business which is an exception as far as self-centered corporations goes, has greatly empowered the people. Google is TPTB’s worst nightmare.

By the way, this irrational move by the Fed is an indication that they are frightened.

Google Rules!

F.T.G.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by seasoul]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Absolutely disgusting. And to further take a dump on the American people, they even "agreed" to created a council to watch it, a council which will with NO DOUBT be chaired, and run by pro-bankers.

It's like the world has the memory of a goldfish, the current crisis is not even over, and alas, the bank of all banks, is given the powers to fu** everything up again.

GEE-ZUS!

EDIT: spelling.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by IthinkIbelieve]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I am all for this, Its fun to watch America destroy itself with its own arrogance, greed, ignorance and stupidity

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This took longer than I expected. Seems as though World War 3 will not just be a world wide war. But a war between the citizens of planet earth and the Federal Reserve of the good ol' United States of America. This country was great once. But that seems to have died horribly in the past 50 years or so. I say hand over all the power to the post humanist Google corporation.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Toodles
This took longer than I expected. Seems as though World War 3 will not just be a world wide war. But a war between the citizens of planet earth and the Federal Reserve of the good ol' United States of America. This country was great once. But that seems to have died horribly in the past 50 years or so. I say hand over all the power to the post humanist Google corporation.

Citizens of Earth you say then you state America. Which is it? Usually yanks just think of themselves and how the world revolves around them. Oh wait you did it again. For your information, Google is already owned by the security services. Prime target for control as it has all your thoughts in it via what you search and all your emails etc.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by zorkthegreat]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zorkthegreat

I'm sure there more than just a bit irony in your statement, and a pinch of ignorance as well. In case you've lived under a rock these last few month's, you'd know that what ruins America, ruins the world.

As screwed up as it is, THAT IS how it is. But lets just sit back and enjoy the show, not much to do about it anyway.

Peace...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

If you do not let the Federal Reserve do that, through bypassing their measures, it cannot do it.

The Federal Reserve System is the central banking system of the United States. Created in 1913 by the enactment of the Federal Reserve Act (signed by Woodrow Wilson), it is a quasi-public and quasi-private (government entity with private components) banking system that comprises the presidentially appointed Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System in Washington, D.C.; the Federal Open Market Committee; twelve regional Federal Reserve Banks located in major cities throughout the nation acting as fiscal agents for the United States Department of the Treasury, each with its own nine-member board of directors; numerous other private U.S. member banks, which subscribe to required amounts of non-transferable stock in their regional Federal Reserve Banks; and various advisory councils.

How To Overthrow Your Own Government, Legally and Without Violence, In Order To Survive

By their definition, Congress is seeking to break the United States Contitution, by regulating any and all businesses, that it deems as detrimental, to what they see as troubling the economy.

The Creature from Jekyll Island : A Second Look at the Federal Reserve explains in detail just how "The Fed" was formed, to stifle and crush any real competition of the robber-barrons.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by IthinkIbelieve

I'm sure there more than just a bit irony in your statement, and a pinch of ignorance as well. In case you've lived under a rock these last few month's, you'd know that what ruins America, ruins the world.

As screwed up as it is, THAT IS how it is. But lets just sit back and enjoy the show, not much to do about it anyway.

Peace...

Not really, I live outside America with free education, health care and access to better social housing. You don't

[edit on 26-6-2009 by zorkthegreat]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Silly man, I live in Denmark, know that country? In case you dont, we too have social security, free education etc. I DO HOWEVER have foresight enough to know that whatever befalls America comes back to haunt the rest of the world at some other time.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
so does this mean that not only does the fed fund the military industrial complex, they can also tell them whos in charge now.

did everyone forget that the fed made this economic collapse in the first place?

am i going insane, or is everyone THAT DUMB????

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

The problem is that not enough people know that the United States Government, is in collusion, with the robber-barrons, through the Federal Reserve.

Did you know, that Congress is only allowed to manufacture currency, in the form of coinage?

So, they colluded with the robber-barrons, to make the Federal Reserve, something that is neither "federal" nor a "reserve" in order to bring about fiat money, which has no backing, except that the Government says it is acceptable.

Fiat money is money declared by a government to be legal tender. The term derives from the Latin fiat, meaning "let it be done".

Fiat money achieves value because a government accepts it in payment of taxes and says it can be used within the country as a "tender" (offering) to pay all debts.

In effect, this allows it to be used to buy goods and services and to pay tax.

Where fiat money is used as currency, the term fiat currency is used. The most widely-held reserve currency, the US dollar, is a fiat currency.

The United States of America has been off the gold standard since Nixon.

According to the United States Constitution, we have a right to have our money guaranteed, by silver or gold.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join