It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real FEMA Camps.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Genus

States have to accept and/or request FEMA assistance. No violation of the Constitution. If you want to blame someone for them being there, blame your state's Governor.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

that's great and all.. but ahhh.. why didn't they do this for victims of Katrina ?? But instead bought thousands of cheap mobile homes and then took them away just last year(?) or shipped 3/4 of the displaced ppl to other states INSTEAD of sending most to camps close by till they could figure out what was what....

seriously.. post any references of what their line of reasoning was behind this ??

/cheers

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I would have to say it is because FEMA, now a part of the Department of Homeland Security, was directly controlled by these two during and after the Katrina disaster:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4bccbf3101c3.jpg[/atsimg]

They were not much help here after Wilma either. There's a saying that comes to mind: "The speed of the leader is the speed of the team." Remember, the same leader during Katrina sat dumbfounded for 20 minutes for a photo op knowing that the country was under attack and that three more hijacked planes were still in the air! Speedy is not an adjective I would use for the Bush Administration in connection with emergency response!

As I have since stated, I'm not defending the competence of FEMA by any stretch of the imagination. When it's properly managed, it works. When it's not, it fails miserably!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
As long as there are "Facilities" like the one at Beachgrove, Indiana....we need to be concerned.

video.google.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
There is no FEMA facilty in Beach Grove it's an Amtrack repair facility. Beat to death MANY TIMES I recall somebody on here works there and not for FEMA but for Amtrack.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

Oh yes, the railroad train repair facility. That was beat to death here on ATS last fall.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Genus
isn't FEMA illegal anyway under the 10th Amendent as it was organized beyond the enumerated powers of the Fed? That always irked me to be honest.

FEMA was ligit until it was taken over by Homeland Security Administration - which was set up during the Bush coup. FEMA was also forced at the time to hand over everything to HLSA which crippled them during the Katrina fiasco. Other budgets that were affected by this were HHS, NOAA and DoA. So stop dumping on FEMA, it was Home Land Security that failed you, as it continues to fail you daily while taking your tax dollar to do it. Now a better question is "where did all that money go?" but of course, you guys never follow money trails do you?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by Genus

States have to accept and/or request FEMA assistance. No violation of the Constitution. If you want to blame someone for them being there, blame your state's Governor.

Not any longer they don't. That was changed by congress with the last adjustments to the Patriot Act. Look up Swine Flu Alert. Now they can just waltz into your home, office or business, throw you down and inject you.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DaWhiz

If this is the case, it's time to get the Supreme Court involved! This would violate the Constitution and is an abuse of power by DHS! I have always found the Patriot Act as unpatriotic!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Over the last 5 years I have noticed a increased amount of activity regarding road construction throughout the American southwest affecting such cities as El paso, San Antonio, Dallas, Phoenix and Tucson. It seems extremly odd that the states of arizona and texas are having extreme difficulty in balancing thier budgets, but a huge amount of funds are solely dedicated to road construction. With the recent post of the FEMA "rv" posted here on ATS it seems strange that the "RV" has made an appearence when construction is scheduled to be finished within 6 months in many areas, could it be the reason for all the construction is the roads must be in excellent shape in order to sustain an imense amount of weight? Or am I just being paranoid? It all seems so strange why all the construction along major corridors? Plus there is all ready 1 tent city in existance in Phoenix,Az. Maybe I am being paranoid, maybe not!? Any other cities experiencing large amounts of highway construction?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Over the last 5 years I have noticed a increased amount of activity regarding road construction throughout the American southwest affecting such cities as El paso, San Antonio, Dallas, Phoenix and Tucson. It seems extremly odd that the states of arizona and texas are having extreme difficulty in balancing thier budgets, but a huge amount of funds are solely dedicated to road construction. With the recent post of the FEMA "rv" posted here on ATS it seems strange that the "RV" has made an appearence when construction is scheduled to be finished within 6 months in many areas, could it be the reason for all the construction is the roads must be in excellent shape in order to sustain an imense amount of weight? Or am I just being paranoid? It all seems so strange why all the construction along major corridors? Plus there is all ready 1 tent city in existance in Phoenix,Az. Maybe I am being paranoid, maybe not!? Any other cities experiencing large amounts of highway construction?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
This thread got me thinking about FEMA and Hurricane Katrina. These days, alot of conspiracy theories suggest FEMA has unlimited power and authority to be almost God-like with swiftness, accuracy and Johnny-on -the -spot in preparation in times of emergencies. People are living in fear of FEMA, myself included because of the footage of FEMA Camps, buses, Hundreds of thousands of coffins, ect..

In reality, are they as strong as they would like us to believe they are?

It took days, if not weeks for FEMA to bring relief supplies to Hurricane Katrina victims, why?

In this article I found, the source seems to place all the blame on the mayor of New Orleans. Was every ounce of the city being unprepared his fault? Or the fault of a government agency that felt these people were expendable and they could take their time with the relief supplies?

An interesting read:

wiki.answers.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join