It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governor Sanford's affair--Obama policies brought him to it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
He he, ho ho!!! Well if this isn't deflecting the issue I don't know WHAT IS!

Instead of just admitting what a slime ball Senator Sanford is for having an affair on his wife and leaving the country, his family, and his constituents behind for five days with nary a word on his whereabouts (One ATS member tried to explain away his mysterious disappearance by suggesting that maybe he was off to try to start a revolution: SC Gov Sanfod (sic) Not Missing But is Actually Meeting Co Revolutionaries? (thankfully in skunk works).

But this member obviously saw some kind of connection to Sanford's fight against the stimulus bill, leading to defeat, and his disappearance. This connection wasn't above Rush Limbaugh's head either!! (Place your hand at the bottom of your jaw cuz it's gonna drop!)...

Source

LIMBAUGH: He had just tried to fight the stimulus money coming to South Carolina. He didn't want any part of it. He lost the battle and said "What the hell? The Federal government is taking over! I want to enjoy life!"

The rest is from the Huffington Post commentator who wrote the peice (I couldn't get the dang italics to go away...sorry)

And it goes on from there. Apparently, it's all President Barack Obama's fault, for killing people's "spirit," and making them so "fed up" with the SADNESS that they've got no other choice but to abdicate their grown-up responsibilities and start philandering "before Obama takes away their money" and "their house."

Are you done laughing yet? I can't keep the smirk off my face. This is one of the biggest deflections of responsibility I have EVER seen!

Look, I don't like Obama either but MY GOD! To suggest that Obama's policies drove this man to cheat on his wife several months BEFORE Obama even took office and abandon his family for 5 day is just so....laughable.

Geeze...I can't wait til the radio/tv pundits start regurgitating this over and over until the populace that buys every single word these guys spew out are convinced that it's Obama's fault he cheated on his wife.

Anyway, I really just had to put that out there. I think it just shows how much some people just can't accept that even their party is full of less than noble politicians.

They're all human for Crimmeny sakes. Being part of one party or another (or any profession for that matter) doesn't suddenly endow you with powers of unshakable loyalty and ethics.

This reminds me of the woman I heard on the Sean Hannity radio show. She called in to say that she wanted to say to all the republican politicians to be good people, stop doing things that were unethical and ruining their families with this secret or that because they needed to prove that it's the DEMOCRATS that are the corrupt political party and that couldn't be proven until they stopped acting like corrupt politicians.

I just can't believe people!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
ugh god i hate politics.
its always the stupidest people that get away with the worst type of thing.

im waiting for suicide rates to be blamed on obama now

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Yeessss, EB....Excellence in Bull. Pure Bull. And people apologize to him?? They ask his forgiveness?? He bullies with his bull, and they snivel and grovel before him?? What is he...Rasputin's reincarnation?

Unbelievable...except to his followers...who will believe it's got a ring of truth to it. Yeah, a ring from a bell with a crack in it. When I was young, we used to call people like this "crackpot". Sounds good to me.

...I got a good laugh reading the article
...thanks!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Small little update...sort of...

Driving to work from my lunch I was listening to another radio host (can't remember his name, he was filling in for Schnidt) who was going on and on about John Kerry's affair.

I'm thinking, "Wait. This was sooooo long ago. Why is he even talking about this?". Then it all becomes clear when he says this:

"And YOU think Sanford's affair was bad? Well John Kerry and his mistress were discussing wedding songs should his wife die of cancer!" and then proceeded to beat a dead horse for another 10 minutes.

It just really blows my mind when people get so frazzled when they see that those they respected, those that stood up for moral values and demand accountability, are caught in a deplorable act. It's like their world comes crashing down around them. And instead of coming to terms with that reality, they turn and find someone else who might have done something even worse as if that automatically excuses the former person's actions.

These are the people that are going to blow their brains out if proof every comes along of alien existence. Their perfect reality hangs by a thread.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
It just really blows my mind when people get so frazzled when they see that those they respected, those that stood up for moral values and demand accountability, are caught in a deplorable act. It's like their world comes crashing down around them. And instead of coming to terms with that reality, they turn and find someone else who might have done something even worse as if that automatically excuses the former person's actions.

I like that!

Also, could that radio host have been referring to John Edwards? John Kerry's "affair" was found out to be nought. Even referring to Edwards would have amounted to the same idea, however.

You know, one of the 10 Commandments says not to "bear false witness". The same GOP base that wants this commandment posted all over will overlook this commandment when it wants to listen to/encourage smear/gossip of a politician or a fellow citizen.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

It is funny, the blame game. Sanford misappropriated funds by going to Argentina on the taxpayer's dime, and despite the lame excuse that he will pay it back, he should resign on that alone. If the Gov. found out someone on his staff misappropriated funds, you would expect a resignation or that staff member to be fired.

I am surprised though, that the Republican in question was having an affair with an adult woman--conspiracy there I say!

plucky

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Did I say John Kerry?? DUHHHH...that's not what I meant. Guess it just rolls off the tongue...uhhh brain better. Sorry for the mistake.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Easy mistake to make...I think I've done it a time or two

As I wrote, it really doesn't matter which John it was anyway. One could insert a name from a list.

What I predict for the next round of talk is this..."Well, yes, Clinton and Edwards are still married...but that's because Democrats love to lie, and so those marriages are just sham marriages...Republicans, by divorcing, are truly being honest! You see, they're the only honest party around. They don't live lives in lies like Democrats. Why, if you look into it, I'll bet Republicans divorce MORE than Democrats! In fact, the most honest Republicans are the ones with the MOST divorces!" More twists than a plains twister!...and, no, I don't write for Rush Limbaugh...

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The way I see it Spitzer was forced to resign but this fool goes to another country too see a mistress yet he's allowed to keep his job? Can you say double standard? Spitzer remained in the country when he had his shindings.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It is Obamas fault. No one took responsibility for their failures while bush was in office. The one who bows to the Saudi Prince is at fault for everything from global warming to MJ overdosing to this guy getting a rub and tug in S. America... It's all on Barry now...

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
What I actually find more disturbing then the affair is that the just left his staff hanging, telling them he was going hiking, and then turned off his phone. On father's day none the less. No instructions, nothing. It just boggles the mind.

That is what deserves his resignation. That is the irresponsiblity on an infinite scale. What if there was an emergency?

It is the people who preach moality the loudest that I distrust the least.
But you are the leader of a state and you just go and run off somewhere without a word? Just floors me.

I actually think this behavior is indicative of a mental health disorder, and needs to be evaluated by a psychiatrist.

new topics

top topics

join