It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrested For Asking A Policeman For His Badge Number

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I am surprised this never made it to the front page of ats..

[edit on 22-6-2009 by thefreepatriot]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The Police will get theirs in time, guaranteed.

I dont know how many have seen this, It is from a town near Cincinnatti, OH USA.

www.news.com.au...

The Police are out of control everywhere, the standards for applying must have dropped because no one this unstable and incapable of making a judgment call like this should have never been allowed to carry a badge let alone a firearm.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
If a police officer can't prove his identity in some way (i.e. badge, warrant, etc.), then you would be a fool to follow any orders. Any Joe Blow could walk up and tell you to come with them! It is well within your right to defend yourself if you are being kidnapped!

If this woman asked for a badge or a warrant, was refused, and then physically accosted, she could have used LETHAL force in defense of her person! She would have been totally justified. Additionally, if I was a bystander, and I was carrying (which I always am, and I am permitted), then I could have also used lethal force in her defense.

That officer is extremely lucky to still be alive! Try that BS over here in my town!

Sounds like you'd make a great police officer.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by thefreepatriot

I am surprised this never made it to the front page of ats..

[edit on 22-6-2009 by thefreepatriot]

Agreed, this is just another example of Cops thinking that their SH*& don't stink. I mean the ambulance had a patient inside that needed medical attention. Is it Ego? or is it just plain idiocy. My guess is both, all officers involved in this incident should be dismissed without pension and required to attend counseling. What was up with the Throat grab too, i don't think that is in police procedure.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This is why pigs need to die, and I really don't give a ... if you tell me that "no, not all police are like that..." I don't give a ... .

If you are a cop you better put away that uniform and stand with us because wearing it means your standing infront of us.

It's basicly like saying not all nazi's killed people.
Ho gives a [SNIP] they are in the Nazi group so thats why we call em that way right?

Censor circumvention removed

Please read Terms And Conditions Of Use

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. You will also not use common alternative spellings or net-speak alternative for profane words.

[edit on 22/6/09 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I wonder who it is y'all call when you get in trouble? Who is it you guys call if something happens, like if you get mugged or someone tries to rob your house or someone steals your car?

The Anti Police sentiment of this forum is appalling.

I mean look at the bull [snip] posted above my post here,

Originally posted by colloredbrothers
If you are a cop you better put away that uniform and stand with us because wearing it means your standing infront of us.

What kind of Bull [snip] is that?

The proper response is to let them take you in, then sue the piss out of them for a lot of money. This accomplishes two things. 1. It gets you a lot of money. 2. You come away from the incident without being hurt or killed.

The problem with the idea of fighting the police is that police officers are better armed, and there are way more of them. It's a loosing situation and as such your tactics must change in order to win the war.

Yes you might loose the immediate battle, but if done properly you will win the war.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
After seeing this footage, how many people are less likely to ask the police for ID?
I personally think this kind of behaviour is designed to frighten people from ever confronting the police.
Is it not also illegal to film or photograph the police, with up to ten years in prison for offenders?

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Illegal Alien]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
The proper response is to let them take you in, then sue the piss out of them for a lot of money. This accomplishes two things. 1. It gets you a lot of money. 2. You come away from the incident without being hurt or killed.

The problem with the idea of fighting the police is that police officers are better armed, and there are way more of them. It's a loosing situation and as such your tactics must change in order to win the war.

Yes you might loose the immediate battle, but if done properly you will win the war.

Agreed...if more innocent people sued, and ended up with fat settlements, the forces might start doing something to help these deranged officers.

Maybe proper electric shock treatment administered by a "doctor" would help these violent monsters?

Yes please be careful about sentiments placed in this thread!

At the same time though...an officer that can provoke a peaceful non violent citizen has got a lethal monster in his head!

When an officer can abuse a citizen without consequence innocent people will be killed, in the name of "law enforcement"

What ever happened to "Protect and Serve"?

What those offices did is equivalent to gang behavior, only they get to carry clubs, guns, and lasers!

[edit on 22-6-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by colloredbrothers

dont say all "pigs' need to die... there are some good guys in those uniforms.... dont paint all officers with the same brush....

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Six people were arrested when climate change campaigners boarded a coal freighter and stopped it unloading its cargo at the planned site of the new Kingsnorth power station today.

Four protesters remain on board the ship, 10 metres up the foremast, and are in a stand-off with police on the deck of the ship.

"The coal hasn't been able to be unloaded – that's what we set out to do here," Sarah Shoraka, one of the activists in the crow's nest on the foremast said.

Source

Yeah, they were not doing anything wrong...

Edit - I'm not a good speller.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Illegal Alien

After seeing this footage, how many people are less likely to ask the police for ID?

Not to me anyway, it makes me more inclined to ask an officer for his ID, the sane ones will give you the proper ID every time, the dumb ones will do like in the video. I would be hoping for the ones in the video.

I personally think this kind of behaviour is designed to frighten people from ever confronting the police.

It is, but if people see it as such they can counter fear with knowledge.

Is it not also illegal to film or photograph the police, with up to ten years in prison for offenders?

Maybe there it is, but it isn't here. And I am sure that media reporters are exempt from such a statute. I think that the law would only be applicable if the police can prove you are using the footage to identify specific officers for attack. Journalists more than likely wouldn't be doing such a thing and it seems that the people in the video were journalists working on an assignment.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Is that the same incident?

Emily was arrested some time ago, and the footage is just now released.
The date on the video is 08/08/2009.

I do not think the coal incident is the same...totally different incidents, and Emily was not on a coal ship.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

The incident with the Trooper started when the cop thought that the ambulance driver flipped him off. THAT is what got the cop so upset.

However, it was NOT TRUE!! And, even if it was, it is a LEGAL expression. it is NOT illegal to stick up any finger on combination of fingers at anyone, as long as you are not ' intending to provoke a violent retaliation', meaning that if your INTENT was to start a fight, then that MIGHT be cause for a charge. But WHO on earth intends to get a cop to fight them merely because they show a sign of disrespect? NO ONE!!

There is a local cop that I flip off EVERY time I see him , because he falsely charged a relative of mine with disorderly conduct because he flipped off another driver , not even the cop! The charge was dismissed, after the DA educated the cop about the LAW, and it rankles him every time I flip him off, but he can do NOTHING but take it.

So in this case the cop was so ego driven that he risked the life of a patient so he could make sure that the driver of the ambulance knew that HE was not going to tolerate anyone using their Constitutional rights to express themselves!! Imagine that!! This cop does not care about the LAW, or justice, just making sure that we civilians pay homage to them.

There is NO LAW that says we have to be polite to cops...or to refrain from expressing ourselves as we choose. If a cop doesn't like the fact that we may choose to NOT bow down and worship them for wearing a badge, too bad!! If this Trooper had obeyed the law, he would have IGNORED ANY gestures made by anybody, and just done his job. His job is NOT to make sure that we ' show respect' for them...i do NOT respect the cops, and I will never bow down or kowtow so some cop gets his ego massaged.

Cops today are totally unconcerned about whether or not they are acting legally, as long as they don't get caught; when they do, then they close ranks and defend each other no matter how badly they have abused their authority. Sick system, with sick people.

Sure, some cops do not abuse their position, but they are a minority.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
There was a time that police officers were comfortable in identifying themselves and interacting with people on an equal ground person to person basis..... They were then called peace officers then and took an oath to protect and serve..... Today they are law enforcement officers and are more instramentall in perpetrating senseless violence against citizens, rather than in quelling situations by mediation and preventing violence by using some common sense..... I had one at my front door wanting information from me about someone I had never heard of....He had the full tilt intimidation thing going on, hiding his humanity behind a badge, high capacity .45 caliber pistol and mirrored sun glasses..... He seemed quite disturbed with me for asking who he was and even more so when I told him that I didn't know the person that he was inquiring of..... It was a very strange encounter.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Why would we want to start getting people to encourage police assaults in order to profit from compensation?

Where do you think the compensation comes from?

A copper's wallet? Maybe the Chief?

No. It's the tax payer that foots the bill so it is affecting no one but the guy in the street.

The video has got me quite pissed off. Pissed off because you can hear the onlooking protesters witnessing the animals torturing their own yet they do nothing. Why?

It reminds me of the animals arresting the naked wizard guy at a US gig. 2 coppers and hundreds of people. Who's gonna win? Get in there people...

And the thugs with no numbers will no doubt be some special division that will not legally have to provide a number.

They could even be military: the UK police love the little army boys to pop over, get naked, swap clothes and party!

[edit on 22/6/2009 by skibtz]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

i've said it before and i'll say it again,
does not constitute a well defined argument for or against anything, no matter how many little
's you use.

Six people were arrested when climate change campaigners boarded a coal freighter and stopped it unloading its cargo at the planned site of the new Kingsnorth power station today.

The Guardian has obtained this police footage of Emily Apple and Val Swain being arrested by surveillance officers after asking for their badge numbers at the Kingsnorth climate camp last year.

so the cops can see the future now or what?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by skibtz

Violence begets violence. If officers and their departments budgets are being hurt due to idiotic acts by uniformed employees, the only real way to curb such stupidity is to make them pay for their reckless and irresponsible behavior.

I doubt that governments would tolerate having to foot the bill for violent acts being perpetrated on their citizens by overzealous officers. In time what will happen is that departments themselves will be forced to curb these atrocious acts by officers.

If they don't, their budgets will suffer causing them to fail in other areas.

Yes fight, but fight the right way.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Thanks for the response.
In an ideal world, what you suggest would be appropriate, but the reality is that if you did confront the police, especially in a protest type scenario, you are probably fair game for a good kicking.
Maybe the PTB have a 'type' of officer they send out on protests, and another 'type' to deal with everyday civilian issues, because every copper I've encountered on the average street has been friendly, helpful, intelligent and even amusing to speak to, so I don't know what to think.
I can't imagine any of these cops being unduly aggressive though, but you never know.....following orders and stuff....

Edited for crap spelling. I.A.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Illegal Alien]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
cops, law enforcement, police, terrorists whatever you want to call them, do nothing at all for me.
I never liked them, never have, and never will.

Terrorizing innocent bystanders, emt's, drivers, etc...

From the two videos present in this thread so far, they are considered terrorists by every definition of the word.

THEY ARE TERRORISTS

These cops in these two videos are terrorists, plain and simple, they are terrorists!

How is it that these terrorists in these two videos benifitted the citizens?

How?

EMT's and especicially normal citizens, should all get ccw's for this exact reason.

I have no problem plucking an intruder in my house, or someone with a badge assaulting me without excuse.

These "officers" in these two videos ARE TERRORISTS.

Convince me otherwise, THEY ARE!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Illegal Alien

It all comes down to tactics.

Unless you plan to organize a highly armed resistance to police officers, verbal confrontation is the preferred method.

In a protest situation, if the police decide to become aggressive there are legal avenues that one can employ. In certain situations the police want you to strike first. This gives them the authority to break up whatever peaceful protest they don't like.

It's a question of tactics.

Think of a protest as a battle. Think of the police as your enemy. Think of winning the war and not necessarily the battle and you will come up with tactics that will win the preferred end result.

In war there are casualties. It's inevitable. How you proceed to avenge those casualties is what determines the winner of a conflict.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join