It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrested For Asking A Policeman For His Badge Number

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Arrested For Asking A Policeman For His Badge Number

www.guardian.co.uk

The Guardian has obtained this police footage of Emily Apple and Val Swain being arrested by surveillance officers after asking for their badge numbers at the Kingsnorth climate camp last year. The two women speak to Paul Lewis about their arrest, imprisonment and official complaint
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
This video footage shows the intitial incident, which was simply a woman asking an officer for his badge number.

What happens after that? The woman is surrounded, put in a vice grip, taken down, strangled, and abused! This video shows the whole incident, from her initial question to the end, where she is loaded into the wagon by many men.

This type of police brutality really scares me! I think this will only get worse...thankfully this was caught on film!

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-6-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Already posted here

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

The title of this one is more accurate.

You know on an unrelated note I have been wondering if the dis info agents have taken the new tactic of posting the worst news like this story with less threatening sounding titles so as to generate less interest....

Also this could be considered a breaking alternative story where as the other one is not posted in breaking alternative story...

Just saying.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
How disgusting ! They should be ashamed of themselves for treating people like that for simply asking for identification

I seriously don't see this ever getting any better, we've allowed it to get too out of hand and go on for far too long.

People have been complaining about this behavior form our LEO's for years now. But most didn't listen, or believe because it was only happening to certain ethnic groups (who must have done something to deserve it), or certain protesters (who must have done something to deserve it), or criminals (who of course had to have done something to deserve it). Well now it's happening to everyone regardless of ethnicity, polictical beliefs, or lack of criminal activity, and now it's too late to stop it.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
If I were the one the were trying to 'arrest' I would have fought that pig for everything I have got.

This is not an arrest - This is someone pretending to be a police officer ( no badge number visible ) - attacking a civilian, thus if I were to - let`s say kick him in the nuts like really hard = self defense :-)

I would sue the bastard and win

Edit for horrific spelling

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Lunatyx]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

That would be illegal in my country, and probably yours - you can always ask a policemnan for his badge number.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Lunatyx

If I were the one the were trying to 'arrest' I would have fought that pig for everything I have got.

This too was my first reaction.

Then I thought - Oh My God, then they’d really have something against me.

Following on the heals of that thought?

I was overwhelmed by such a loss of hope, such a feeling of injustice I just wanted to sit down and give up.

What can we do...

I mean look at them - look what they’re doing...

We can’t even fight back...

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
When i was younger I was wrongly accused of a misdemeanor ,and asked the officer what his badge number was, then he put me in a head lock and punched repeatedly in my head. After putting me in lockup and ringing my father to come down to the station to collect me I could here him swearing in a panic,he realized that my father was his boss and in charge of the police station I was being held at. SHTF when my father found out he assaulted me.
The police go to far to make you feel you have no rights when it comes to judging them.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Four years ago our area was given a new local community officer. Our initial reaction to this was one of gratefulness. A face we would all come to know and trust, however it didn't pan out that way. Turns out he wasn't keen on the young people who lived locally, so whilst on shift he would act more like a Sheppard than a bobby. He would constantly follow the youth round moving them on from one area to another. At the time my son was 17 and in college, in the evening he would meet with his friends and as there is nothing locally for them to do they would hang about the streets and parks. When my son and his friends told me how they where being treated by this so called "officer of the law" I told them to record him on there mobile phones.
The next time he tried to move them out of a local park instead of walking away they asked him why they should. The park has two areas one for the youngsters and another part made up like a hang out area for the teens. He took um bridge at being questioned, he got on his radio and called for back up. Telling his control room that he had been threatened with a knife. My son and his two friends ran back to our home and told me what had happened, shortly afterwards the police turned up and arrested the three of then. They where charged with inciting a riot!
The desk sergeant told me off the record that the PC in question was not a well liked or trusted man, that made no difference though. Even though the charges where finally reduced to affray my son and both his friends have ended up with criminal records. Shortly after the trial the officer was transferred out of town,
I have no faith in our police, I will never call them again no matter what my crisis,. All power to these wonderful women I hope they make the police squirm!
Peace

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ocker

Wow, that's hilarious.

Anyway, the police really don't like the tables being turned on them do they? Once you put their jobs on the line by letting them know that they're not above the law, they get a little agitated.

Kudos to these two women for getting their charges dropped and stickin' it to 'em!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
It almost seems like the majority of these so called `officers of the law` are individuals with low self esteem and a very fragile ego.

The second someone violates the law or their ego ( in their eyes ) they will do everything possible to try and maintain a dominant position. I think simply because they :

1- Never got enough love from daddy ( or maybe a bit too much
)
2- Always find themselves in an underdog position ( at home, as a teen,... )
3- Are control freaks that cannot tolerate anyone doing something out of the `normal` or outside the `law`.

I know one thing for sure and that is that an officer should never cross me in this way, I rather make his life sour and go to jail than to be treated with such injustice !

Edit: Spelling error

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Lunatyx]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ocker
After putting me in lockup and ringing my father to come down to the station to collect me I could here him swearing in a panic,he realized that my father was his boss and in charge of the police station I was being held at.

so it was a problem when his son was treated that way but it wasn't an issue when someone else's son was treated that way, there's your problem right there.

i'm afraid that as long as there is an us and them mentality in society this will continue. we're all horrified when it's someone from our "tribe" being assaulted and demeaned by the police, but if it's some other tribe, drug addicts, homeless people, poor people, meh, screw it, they probably deserved what they got.

the above is clearly wrong but it's not unusual, new or isolated, it's just the way that police forces work. they are the state sponcered thugs that are there to strong arm you and i into line. they protect and serve the system, not you or me.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Give anyone enough power and they will abuse it to satisfy their own personal agendas, they can go through years of training and have all the equipment necessary but at the end of the day its up to the individual/s to make informed choices.
Perhaps having rotations at police stations would help stem this "us against you" attitude they have against the public, that way they dont form a gang mentality as they only get to know each other for short periods of times before moving onto the next community station.
I also think the school-shooting in Scotland many years ago was a false-flag event made to take weapons off the public so that it gives police even more power and has left us even more vulnerable to attacks like these (I bet if guns were still legal in the UK the cops would think twice before taking a baton to a womans head, or making such stupid scenes like this.)

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Can you really ever trust anyone?

We give these people power because we "test" their honesty and integrity before sending them out on the streets and in cars to patrol and keep our populace safe.

How do we know we have given the job to the right person?

We elect our politicians but only those who have put THEMSELVES up for office. They then flout the laws and regulations that we elected them to uphold.

In my experience committees are made up of people who seek what small amount of power they can get their hands on to wield over people who dont have the want need or time to stand for election themselves.

Trust no one seems to be the order of the day/week/month/year/lifetime.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I dont have many issues with the police,but there have been a few times where our paths have crossed.

I one helped a friend out a few years back and he had a domestic with his GF.Now at that time I lived way out in the country with no neighbours for a mile or so(apart from a farm 200 meters away)Two police men parked on the road outside my house and walked up my drive with his GF asking for her belongings back.My friend was very upset as he loved her and was swearing like a trooper,the police threatned to arrest him for his language and I had to calm all down and tell the police this was private property my friend was upset and if he wanted to swear he could f'n do so
They tried to intimidate me,and I told them to leave my property and stand on the public road while her belongings were collected.
When it was all done and dusted I asked them for their names and numbers as I was going to report them.
They both refused,so I did the normal-I pay your wages sunshine,you conduct here has been disgracefull and I will file a complaint about you
after saying that they got in there cars and I had to stand infront of it and write down their number plate as they refused to tell me!

This was a good 10 years back,I see they havnt changed a bit

I have also met many great police men,a special branch officer chatted to me in my house after a neighbour died and we spent most of the time talking about music after he saw my guitar collection on their stands-funny thing was I had loads of pirate films stacked up near the dvd player and I was glad he never saw them!

The local bobbies when I was young were realy cool too,the amount of times I was let off for speeding was unreal

There not all bad,but the ones who are are shouldnt be in a uniform

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Most police officers join the force as a way of getting back at the types of people who bullied them when they were younger, they see it as a way of getting their own back on the society that treated them badly.
The best police officers though are the ones who joined from the army and want to do a "proper" job.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
If a police officer can't prove his identity in some way (i.e. badge, warrant, etc.), then you would be a fool to follow any orders. Any Joe Blow could walk up and tell you to come with them! It is well within your right to defend yourself if you are being kidnapped!

If this woman asked for a badge or a warrant, was refused, and then physically accosted, she could have used LETHAL force in defense of her person! She would have been totally justified. Additionally, if I was a bystander, and I was carrying (which I always am, and I am permitted), then I could have also used lethal force in her defense.

That officer is extremely lucky to still be alive! Try that BS over here in my town!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
What amazes me is that there are no cops replying that this is somehow legit and the fault of the civilian for daring to question our new masters.

Normally, no matter how egregious the offense against the law or common decency, cops will defend almost ANY action taken by a fellow cop. ONLY when there is absolute, no dispute evidence with video do they even come close to admitting guilt.

The cops stick together no matter how abusive and illegal their actions, as we should do the same as civilians as it is clear that the police cannot and will not drop the ego trips and just follow the law.

Their little feelings get upset when anyone, for any reason, dares to challenge them in any way. Asking for a badge number should be a given; but today, the cops see any attempt to hold them personally responsible as an attack against them. This is sick, and is it widespread.

The only remedy I see is to SUE the cops personally in Federal Court for civil rights violations and expose the cockroaches to the light of truth and law: That is the light they flee from.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

Very true!! Police officers that joined in from the army \marines are way more professional then others.... I know 1 one of my freinds is a sergeant in a police force and he was a sergeant in the army.... he tells me there a punch of subordinates that are on powertrips all the time.... He tries to keep them in line.... but in the end he cant watch all of them all the time..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join