It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrested For Asking A Policeman For His Badge Number

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

Agreed. Don't fight them directly or with physical violence, it will get you in a much worse position. You fight them by being smarter and anonymously revealing them or their actions.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Someone I know was assaulted by a police officer. He was trying to find out why him and his friends were pulled over. The cop pushed him and said "that's for us to decide". Then he tried to get names and the other two cops (there were three) said "you want to f-in go to jail? Then shut up."

He later called me and neither one of us knew what to do. Weeks later, we were pulled over by the cop that assaulted him and he left us alone knowing the situation.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Check this out now: Mayor Dogs Get Shot by Police

These people are cretins!

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Electro38]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

You're right in theory, in real life it just doesn't work like that. Cops are giving orders that are 'lawful' but have no basis in law. If you dont do as they say you're "disobeying a lawful order" or "obstructing" etc. There's plenty of cases where unlawfull orders were given and when not obeyed by people they get arrested. They get themselves hauled to jail and the charges are mysteriously dropped later on.
If at any point you use any kind of force to defend yourself against an assaulting police officer it is infact seen as if you're "resisting" or "assaulting an officer".
It's wrong and it's illegal but the cops always get away with it

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
reply to post by lektorsavidfan

You didn't watch the video? They weren't climate camp protesters. Dont come around to troll if you dont even bother to watch the material

did you read my post? i didnt say they were climate camp protesters. dont come around to troll if you dont even bother to read my post properly.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Concerning the Mayor and his Dogs story, why didn't the Nazis just try to track the origin of the pot package? Anyone can easily set you up this way by shipping something to you. Obviously this pot package wasn't in the mayors possession, it was intercepted by the police before he received it, so where the hell is the crime?

The mayor has no way of controlling what it mailed to him. Real geniuses those Nazis are.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I have a suggestion, lets only add to the discussion if it's constructive or if you have valid opinion. Why am I reading personal, unwarranted insults about Finland? I'm confused.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Electro38]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Life is a bitch at the best of times although we are surely not in those times now, lol.
One day those police who are corrupt may be rounded up and dealt with swiftly, If a revolution takes hold and the people take back what they have had taken, I pity those police...Glad im not on that # list

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

Perhaps having rotations at police stations would help stem this "us against you" attitude they have against the public, that way they dont form a gang mentality as they only get to know each other for short periods of times before moving onto the next community station.

IMO rotating the officers only makes matters worse.

When i was young we had the same officers in the districts for years, which gave them the opportunity to form relationships with the people that live in the neighborhood, and also an opportunity for the neighborhood people to from relationships with them. There were officers that were there when i was a small girl that were still there when i was a grown women. Back then there was a mutual trust and respect for each other, that no longer seems to exist.

The police department started rotating their officers out here years ago and now they have no relationship with the people they are supposed to protect, and we have none with them. They are not here long enough to find out who the good people are and who the trouble makers are. Nor are they here long enough for us to get to know and trust them. They are not here long enough to form relationships of respect and trust with the people.

I believe if they went back to the old method where the police were here for years we would again be able to have better relations with them as they would then be able to view us a people instead of viewing everyone they see as a possible criminal.

Rotating them does nothing to take away their gang mentality, but it does a lot to bring about this "us against them" attitude they have aquired.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
We've all seen this kind of abuse of authority time and time again here on ATS.

All I can say is that I'm not fearful of what the cops would do to me, I'm fearful of what I'd do to them after the incident took place.

I'm a law abiding citizen and have always stayed out of trouble, but heaven forbid the day one of these poor unfortunate souls crosses my path and makes the mistake of violating my civil rights.

I take our civil rights very seriously, in fact, it's all we have. As soon as we allow other humans to do this to us, and take away our "civil" rights, then they have lost all expectations of us to act "civil" towards them. That's when we give the reminder of what the "uncivil" world looks like.

I just hope that day never comes and I do everything I can to make sure it doesn't. Until then I hope most cops respect the authority WE THE PEOPLE have given them, because if they abuse it, as far as I'm concerned, that is the ultimate violation against civilized society.

By the way, YES, I'm a scorpio.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Well... i dont agree with wath the officer did... however one cannot say he wasnt provoked either.... no excuse for the officer... now the state trooper pulling over the paramedic is a whole other stratoshere all together

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Always remember that the police are the prosecution. The moment they arrest you. You follow the golden rule. SAY nothing and do nothing.

They rely heavily on you either doing something or saying something to get you.

Only say something in the presence of a lawyer.
Never have small talk with them.
Never accept anything from them.
Never sign anything with out your lawyers say so.
When talking to your lawyer ask the police (prosecution) to leave the room and they stop recording.

As to comments like what about you being mugged or burgled. Both are after the fact (Horse has bolted). The police couldn't prevent anyway.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by greenfruit]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenfruit
Always remember that the police are the prosecution. The moment they arrest you. You follow the golden rule. SAY nothing and do nothing.

They rely heavily on you either doing something or saying something to get you.

Only say something in the presence of a lawyer.
Never have small talk with them.
Never accept anything from them.
Never sign anything with out your lawyers say so.
When talking to your lawyer ask the police (prosecution) to leave the room and they stop recording.

Good Post! Starred, and everyone should take note!

[edit on 22-6-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The cops holding the pressure points and/or standing on the woman's
feet are cowards...

These are the type of pr*cks who should not be policemen, but
sadly enough are ~exactly~ the type who to be.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
people at protests should always have someone hiden from the cops view secretly filming the cops..
then when something nasty happens the cops cant take the camera....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join