It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrested For Asking A Policeman For His Badge Number

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I live in a town of about 30,000 when the University is out in the summer. We have 5 different police branches. Its extremely excessive and a waste of tax dollars.

I remember my friends telling me they were sitting in their shed smoking weed and listening to music and the cops showed up for a noise complaint. They could obviously smell the weed, anyway I guess they took the weed and then reported "Situation Sustained". What the hell does that mean.

Cops are bastards in general. I used to have respect for a few I had talked to personally in this town, but I've lost it all. We have too many cops and too few crimes.

I even watched the park rangers and police drag my friend out of our skatepark for eating a snickers bar. There was a trashcan right next to him in the park, but they drug him outside and treated him unfairly for some bull#.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
There was a time that police officers were comfortable in identifying themselves and interacting with people on an equal ground person to person basis..... They were then called peace officers then and took an oath to protect and serve..... Today they are law enforcement officers and are more instramentall in perpetrating senseless violence against citizens, rather than in quelling situations by mediation and preventing violence by using some common sense..... I had one at my front door wanting information from me about someone I had never heard of....He had the full tilt intimidation thing going on, hiding his humanity behind a badge, high capacity .45 caliber pistol and mirrored sun glasses..... He seemed quite disturbed with me for asking who he was and even more so when I told him that I didn't know the person that he was inquiring of..... It was a very strange encounter.

I remember when I was growing up officers remembered how they were when they were kids and often times would let people off with a warning and chit chat to try and get the person to understand why they need to change what they are doing. In the old days police officers actually tried to connect and find understanding. Some of them still exist but most of them are older vets now. It's actually sad the talking has ceased and now it's just muscle flexing on a helpless person simply because they feel like they can..

!noituloveR

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Unless you plan to organize a highly armed resistance to police officers, verbal confrontation is the preferred method.

I highly disagree. If you get verbal with cops you'll likely end up like these two ladies. The best approach is to stay in the background with a recording device. Then use the internet to spread the word.

[edit on 22/6/2009 by PsykoOps]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

Yeah, they were not doing anything wrong...

[edit on 22-6-2009 by elevatedone]

I take it you didn't watch the video? These 2 women weren't protestors. They are part of fit watch, a non-profit organization that monitors the police during protests.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

Unless you plan to organize a highly armed resistance to police officers, verbal confrontation is the preferred method.

I highly disagree. If you get verbal with cops you'll likely end up like these two ladies. The best approach is to stay in the background with a recording device. Then use the internet to spread the word.

[edit on 22/6/2009 by PsykoOps]

We need those people with the video cameras, and we need witnesses to corroborate the story of the innocents. But I, for one, will go the way of firm, lawful, and possibly physical resistance.

I will comply with a lawful request from an identified police officer who is being courteous and respectful.

If his request has no merit, or basis in law, I will tell him so. If he persists, I will educate him on the law and on my rights. If he gets physical, I will educate him on the natural consequences of that action as well!

I guarantee (from experience) that one punk police officer overstepping his bounds is no match for me, and that he probably doesn't have support from his own police force either! I have stood my ground on several occasions until more experienced or higher ranking officers showed up. I have never been arrested during an altercation where I knew my rights and stood up for them!

I have been arrested, willingly, several times when I was in the wrong, and the cops were courteous, as was I!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The problem with that is that they can give you just about any lawful order they wish. They can say "jump of the roof or be busted" and it can be perfectly legal. That's what's corrupting most cops is that the laws can be perverted to achieve anything. If you watched the video they say that these two were arrested for obstructing even though such didn't occur.
You would only make it easy on the cops to haul you to jail if you would get physical in any situation.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Amazing to think that when those animals (police) go home and take off their Nazi uniforms they too are citizens. Yet they cannot see how they are contributing to, and accelerating the great destruction of all of our personal freedoms, their own personal freedom and that of their children!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Its sad also to think that the free internet we know today is probably on it's way out. I can't imagine the "top crooks" of the world allowing it to continue to uncover injustices.

We'll soon have to create "underground" servers to host an underground internet soon. Good thing for us most of the top crooks are too old and computer illiterate to know how bad it is for them, but they're learning.

I can also imagine cell phone cameras and personal cameras being prohibited from being taken outside your home without a special permit or consent.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I wonder who it is y'all call when you get in trouble? Who is it you guys call if something happens, like if you get mugged or someone tries to rob your house or someone steals your car?

The Anti Police sentiment of this forum is appalling.

I mean look at the bull [snip] posted above my post here,

Originally posted by colloredbrothers
If you are a cop you better put away that uniform and stand with us because wearing it means your standing infront of us.

What kind of Bull [snip] is that?

The proper response is to let them take you in, then sue the piss out of them for a lot of money. This accomplishes two things. 1. It gets you a lot of money. 2. You come away from the incident without being hurt or killed.

The problem with the idea of fighting the police is that police officers are better armed, and there are way more of them. It's a loosing situation and as such your tactics must change in order to win the war.

Yes you might loose the immediate battle, but if done properly you will win the war.

I have been robbed at gunpoint, done my own detective work and revealed the identity of one of the assailants, then forwarded this information to the police who proceeded to do absolute squat with it. Did I mention that the robbery detective was a Hut? Disgusting, and many other things of this nature have I witnessed concerning friends and acquaintences. Just about all the PDs in Milwaukee County are next to worthless, except as auto accident responders.

Oh and they are good at beating up negroes, too.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by jeantherapy]

[edit on 22-6-2009 by jeantherapy]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by davedat2
Can you really ever trust anyone?

We give these people power ...

This is exactly your problem - giving your power away to someone. Keep your power to yourself and everything will be alright - there will be respect and equality.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
this is very upseting to and angers me very much. i feel i have to be very careful and try not to even see the police because i have a big mouth and will always stand for what i beleive in, if something like this happened to me i would lose it and start lashing out at them and ofcourse that would make the conserquence so much worse.

people please be careful, i think it is to late for us to protest these issue's now, you must contain yourself and take care you and those you care for.
i cant stress this enough please peolple avoid the police at all cost they can not be trusted anymore.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

The problem with that is that they can give you just about any lawful order they wish. They can say "jump of the roof or be busted" and it can be perfectly legal. That's what's corrupting most cops is that the laws can be perverted to achieve anything. If you watched the video they say that these two were arrested for obstructing even though such didn't occur.
You would only make it easy on the cops to haul you to jail if you would get physical in any situation.

actually, not around here. most things a cop says are considered requests and not orders. For most things the cop says, the correct answer is "no" "why" "get bent" or silence.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I respectfully disagree on both counts. A lawful order is an order with a basis in law. "Move from the sidewalk, you are obstructing traffic." OK! "Move from where you are standing, because I ordered you too." NO.

Also, initiating violence on a police officer is bad. Defending aggression by a police officer is no different than defending yourself against anyone else, if you are willing and capable. It would be stupid to get yourself killed for no reason!

The difference is knowing your rights, and knowing their job duties. They can approach you and ask you questions. You are not under any obligations to answer those questions, produce ID, or go anywhere with them unless they have probable cause. The court has upheld many times that refusal to comply is not probable cause!

If they initiate contact with you, they have violated your rights, and assaulted you! They are now a criminal with a gun, so whatever action you take can be justified. You just better hope you can verify your account of the situation, because the court rightfully puts all its confidence in its own officers! If this is your word against theirs, you will be in trouble!

I am not advocating violence on any officer's, and I have a great many friends in law enforcement at all levels! They have difficult jobs, and the vast majority of them do their jobs well.

BUT, it is your duty as a citizen to know your own rights, and to defend those rights before they disappear entirely. No one has ever "taken" any of your rights! We willfully gave them up out of convenience, fear, or misinformation! Now it has become increasingly difficult to hold on to the rights that are left. Even the States are having problems in this regard. Massachussetts recently tried to recall their National Guard from overseas, and they were prevented from doing so. At least 31 states have legislation either signed or pending that asserts their willingness to stand up for their rights, or secede if necessary, in the face of an ever-growing Federal government!!
It is not the happy-go-lucky world that it used to be!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I can really relate to this story. Ever since I was a teenager I had always been harassed by police, and not because I was breaking any laws.

Just a few weeks ago I was sitting in my parked car while I waited for my wife who was seeing a patient. My wife is a visiting Nurse and makes house calls, sometimes when she's tired I drive her to her patents homes.

So this cop pulls up behind me and I immediately put my hand on my steering wheel where he can easily see them. I know not to give them any excuses. Then as he approached I said in a friendly way "hello". He was extremely pissed off and that immediately made me very nervous. He just said in a very Nazi way "LICENSE!!!" I did not screw around and just said "yes". Dug my license out of my wallet and handed it to him with my hands shaking.

I was afraid to explain to him that I am sitting in my car in the middle of the day on the quite neighborhood street because I'm waiting for my wife as she visits a patient. This cop didn't care to ask at all what I was doing there!?!!

But while he was suspiciously inspecting my license I managed to say what I was doing there and he just chuckled a little and started walking back to his police car at the same time my wife dressed in her RN uniform came to the car.

What freaked me out the most was not that he stopped and was checking me out, but how he was so pissed off. Why was he pissed off? It scared me.
And why didn't he care to ask what I was doing there?

I'm a 41 year old, average looking, clean cut white guy. Around here usually my black friends have these problems with police, but for some reason I do too!

They are scary people. A friend of mine who is an ATF agent confided in me oe day and said that "they are the scariest people in society..." At one warehouse party cops came and shut us down, as we were walking out the door my ATF agent friend said to me "don't look at them as you walk out the door!" Don't look at them!??!!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
If a law enforcement officer will not show you his credentials, you must assume that he doesn't have any and is therefore, at best just another citizen, and at worst impersonating a law enforcement officer.

If this person then uses any force against you they will put themselves into an actionable position.
They can't hide behind the law if they don't have the credentials! Without the 'protection' of the badge they are just a citizen beating you up.

Also, the taxpayer should not foot the bill for any civil actions taken against the police members who have acted violently. The payment should come from their personal pension, and from their union.

Just a question here: Why is it illegal to film/photograph police? If they are undercover or plain clothes, that's one thing. If they are in uniform it's another.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
sorry you people but ive got no sympathy for anyone who gets a bit of grief off the police whos at a climate change protest as theyre all hypocrites.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Were I was raised, people who weren't smart enough to get a civilian job finally all joined the police because there they take pretty much everyone.
I even knew of people who desperately tried to find a job.....after a while they frustratingly joined the police.

That's why all this is happening. Can't expect anything else from them.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
To those advocating violence against police: some examples from my life. Back in the 90s I knew someone who was found not guilty of assault after he knocked a copper out. The copper had approached him from behind & without identifying himself grabbed the bloke, who spun round & punched the copper very hard. Not long after he had to move to a different part of the country to escape continuous harassment. In the 80s I knew an activist whom the police despised. He was working on a car @a place that got raided for something that was nothing to do with him. They took him in peacefully anyway. Imagine his surprise when he was charged with attempted murder! They contended that he'd chased officers down the street with a massive whirring angle grinder. In court the coppers had their story straight, the defence witnesses were easily character assassinated: it was looking very bad. In desperation he insisted over legal advice that the angle grinder be produced for the jury even tho his barrister said it was so fearsome they'd be swayed against him. This turned out to be the 1st time anyone listened to what he'd said all along: it was electric, so unless connected to a ridiculously long lead, impossible to have used in the manner described. In fact it had a short lead connected to a 110V transformer. He got off. If they'd do that for political opinions, what would they do if 1 of them was badly hurt or killed? It's like something a chief superintendant shocked me by saying after I'd been arrested protesting whilst 16, "We're the biggest gang in this town & dont you forget it!" These 2 women did the right thing: complain like mad & talk to the press.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Just for clarity...this thread is not about promoting violence in any manner.

However, it is about exposing unlawful violence perpretrated by
"Peace Officers". AKA known as police brutality.

As with any occupation...a few bad apples...ruin the bushel.

Also to raise awareness of police brutality that is basically "taught" and "encouraged" by heriarchy.

I would never encourage violence of any kind, and especially not against an officer. I would venture to say it would be wise to avoid situations that could lead to this type of event, and if by chance you end up in a situation like this...it is better to keep your mouth shut, get beat and the SUE the corrupt individuals, and their departments!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lektorsavidfan

You didn't watch the video? They weren't climate camp protesters. Dont come around to troll if you dont even bother to watch the material

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join