It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

But I Thought We Hated Muslims

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ace High

Ok ill give you that; I was taught to go by whatever was written in the context it was written so this maybe a mistake of interpretation.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by jatsc]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jatsc

Obviously I forgot the word 'has' in the sentence.

Yes, you are correct that is what I meant. I can say that because from the beginning the US citizenry has been from other cultures that have had numerous elements with which the people have identified. Art, religion, and the rest all were fragmented, unlike in Hungary or Ireland from which so many immigrants come from.

Also, according to the American Religious Identification Survey the percentage of self-identified Christians (I'd like to point out that Christianity itself can be broken down to fifty different faiths.) has fallen 10 points in the last decade. Are they all becoming atheist? Of course not. It is only further proof that America is becoming even more diverse in religion. A point I was making to counter someone else's statement that America hates things out of the majority.

Here's an article by The Pew Forum.

religions.pewforum.org...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
yeah why woudl i think americans hate muslims?

www.google.com...
SAN FRANCISCO (AFP) — Facebook has done away with a Muslim-bashing group that had been set up at the popular social networking service.

"We disabled the 'I Hate Muslims in Oz' group because it contained an explicit statement of hate," the California-based website said Thursday in response to an AFP inquiry

[edit on 21-6-2009 by elitegamer23]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

yeah why woudl i think conservatives hate muslims?

conservativeinthecloset.blogspot.com...

SAN FRANCISCO (AFP) — Facebook has done away with a Muslim-bashing group that had been set up at the popular social networking service.

"We disabled the 'I Hate Muslims in Oz' group because it contained an explicit statement of hate," the California-based website said Thursday in response to an AFP inquiry

Seeing as the quote doesn't mention 'conservative(s)' at all, I have no idea.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

Where does it say the group is American?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Not on ATS to pick fights. Therefore, I will leave you to your thread.

I will leave on this note. You are close-minded if you believe GOP/Republicans hate Muslims.

As I have said in previous posts, yes a small un-educated group in the US may "hate" Muslims. But I think the group is very small indeed. I also do not think political affiliation has anything to do with it.

Please open your eyes and see that "Left vs. Right" is just another way to divide the people against those in power.

This thread has a feeling of you hating the right.

I am not right or left, I am a free thinking human, I will not be divided by the elites, like cattle, into their left/right game.

I offer you a challenge....I will admit some Americans have been tricked into hating Muslims, now I ask you to concede that it is not a matter of left/right but a matter of education. Lets join together and say forget left/right or party politics!

God Bless America!

God Bless Muslims!

and God Bless Freedom!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ace High

Originally posted by Ace High

I will leave on this note. You are close-minded if you believe GOP/Republicans hate Muslims.

This thread has a feeling of you hating the right.

I offer you a challenge....I will admit some Americans have been tricked into hating Muslims, now I ask you to concede that it is not a matter of left/right but a matter of education. Lets join together and say forget left/right or party politics!

God Bless America!

God Bless Muslims!

and God Bless Freedom!

i do think most of the anti muslim hate came from people who would consider themselves republicans/conservatives and voted for bush/cheney.

i dont hate the right, i hate the right and left. the left was always accused of being muslim lovers though , werent they?

im with you on the end of your post but i still wish humanity could get away from labels that seperate us. why do we have to be americans, muslims , why cant we all just be humans. there would be less hate all around if this was possible.

Originally posted by Xtinguish

Where does it say the group is American?

i should say americans/westerners. look in europe, australia, israel. u will also find people who hate muslims for no apparent reason. its ok to hate a person because they murder. its not ok to hate all people because one of them has murdered.

now im sure you could find people in those countries ready to stand by their iranian brothers when they were ready for war with iran just a little while ago.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
OP - I totally agree that so many hated muslims - this was driven due to the MSM campaigns. People simply believe everything they are told by the MSM - while at the same time they call MSM liars.

They seem to have little idea that the opinions they have are still being given to them by the MSM.

I don't hate Islam anymore than I hate Judaism, Christianity or Zionism (which is to say I despise them all, and think these ideas ought to be destroyed completely). They all allow peoples pathetic minds to be twisted like pieces of soft copper wire into whatever shape the controllers wish.

Leave Iran alone, leave Iraq alone, leave Afghanistan alone, leave North Korea alone - go and kick out the dumb ass government in your own country - then use the process of law to destroy those who have controlled your countries and sent your young people to become murderers of innocents and to die in foreign lands for their own profit.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Amagnon]

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I just dislike the ones that explode around Americans and Jews. The rest of the Muslims are all fine with me.

Personally, I am for the protestors in Iran because I still remember when they had our hostages and made us look like a bunch of wusses for not kicking their behinds. So anythng that may lead to them hanging one of the religious council has my support. Other than that I could care less.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Yeah we have really profited from the Afghan and Iranian wars. We made so much money off of them that now they let us print our own.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

We the American people have not profited from anything, but has given the burden to pay for the mistakes of our own government.

But rest assure that money has been made and the wars has been very profitable for the war profiteers.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Well lets see who are all these war profiteers you speak of? I know there are businesses that make money selling weaponry, and supplying people and resources to the war but I dont think they are doing anything wrong. Well, except the FEW that have abused the system and stole a bit on money.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Um okay. I know there was a lot of hate an unease, especially in the US, but thats just because people were told 'they hate the west' and 'they dont understand freedom' and such and such. Its their fault for being stupid, not being hateful. All they did was listen.
I can tell that you are a democratic person then... maybe you should look further and see that both parties are damn pawns and American democracy is not really democracy, its choosing between 2 people who do not represent you.
lmao this always summed up American politics for me:

Besides, both parties would flip-flop to suit their agenda (ie. discredit current president!) Not that Obama needs more discrediting or anything

Personally I love Muslims and have great respect for them and their restraint (I loves my vodka), and wish every Muslim country could be more like Turkey.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

I hope this helps bring back memories of where billions has gone in Iraq.

How the US sent $12bn in cash to Iraq. And watched it vanish

www.guardian.co.uk...

Audit: U.S. lost track of $9 billion in Iraq funds

edition.cnn.com...

# 13 Tracking Billions of Dollars Lost in Iraq

www.projectcensored.org...

Friday, June 13, 2008
$23 Billion Lost in Iraq. Give or Take a Billion.

commons.globalintegrity.org...

Billions Wasted In Iraq?

www.cbsnews.com...

Nice to know where our tax dollars has been wasted on.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

It could also simply be a case of bad accounting and not of theivery.

Also the first link you gave said that the money was not from tax payers.

The memorandum details the casual manner in which the US-led Coalition Provisional Authority disbursed the money, which came from Iraqi oil sales, surplus funds from the UN oil-for-food programme and seized Iraqi assets.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
You are told to hate by the Governments and businesses leaders of the world only so it furthers THEY'RE gains, it benefits not you, not Muslims , not Islamics, not Christians, not Pagans, not Buddhists, NO ONE but those that say " You must hate".

The real trouble is , is that people are so disallusioned by the world at present and they have to, they want to 'believe' in something.

Something happens elsewhere in the world and the ones that benefit ( the war mongers and weapons makers) have to sell a product, then jump of the hate bandwagon and tell YOU that YOU MUST DO AS WE SAY AND HATE X ( x being the flavour of the month).

The ONLY ones we should hate are the ones that hold us back from loving and trying to understand that we , the people have differences and that we should talk about them, not sling insults and bullets at each other, we should respect each others differences and appreciate that they might have another viewpoint.

The people that tell you that you MUST believe , you WILL believe what they believe have no place in Government.

99.999% of the world just want to live , they want to get up in the morning , go through their day and go home to their families in the evening with as little hassle as possible.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Reading ATS sometimes, you would think that a whole lot of posters just hate anything and everything muslim, and you could easily mistake that as a majority.

But I don't think its the case.

The post 9/11 feeling you refer to was - and continues to be - hyped up by the media when it sees fit.

And heres the deal, people are being played. An awful lot of people drank the post 9/11 anti-muslim kool aid and then were fed on fear and ignorance.

Then there are those who just choose to hate, either simply because they can or because they have no capacity to recognise diversity, or differences and accept them.

The trap most people fall into is defining the actions of a minority as the actions of a whole group of people. Its sad, but it happens. All you can do is educate, and when something like recent events happen, point out the fallacy.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
One more thing my friends, stay away from any major media channel because they are hypnotizing everybody of weak mind.

Do not watch any of them, use the INTERNET to get your news.

Hey Marge,

I am way ahead of you on that one, i stopped watching tv and got the news I wanted off of the internet. For that sailorinAZ I agree with you, that we should take care of our own people first and let other people from different countries take care of themselves!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Why are we required to hate anybody? People immediately after the events of sept. 11 2001 were a pack of generalizing idiots. We were told "Muslim Extremists" did it, so everybody put all Arabs and Muslims on the same boat, regardless of country, culture, religion,etc. I remember working as a cashier around the time and there were some people who said that we need to nuke the entire middle east because they are evil. Some still have that attitude, but it has gone down since the 9/11 dust has settled and other problems have been going on, and ever since word got out that we were going into Iraq, people begun to question things. "Why are we going to Iraq?" Afghanistan made sense because "we were told" that's where the "terrorists" are as well as the mastermind, Osama Bin Laden. But why Iraq? They didn't attack us, sure Saddam was a mad man, but not a serious threat to the U.S and all you heard was "weapons of mass destruction" muttered all over the place and not much into harboring 'terrorists".

Lot's of people weren't easily fooled, it's obvious oil had a lot to do with it, so it then brought up questions that went back to the events of 9/11/01, was it an inside job, or are they not telling us something? Then with opposition to the war(s) growing every year, high gas prices, crumbling economy, unemployment going up, end of the Bush part II era, the rise of the media proclaimed messiah Obama, Russia talking tough, Israel, and most recently North Korea, hating Muslims became a tired trend. People just don't care anymore, too much fear mongering going on. Also, the so called hatred of Muslims wasn't all that bad, it was more of prejudice attitude towards them, labeling all muslims as terrorists, but there was never any widespread hate crimes on Muslims in the U.S.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This is an oportunity for those who have been gripped by fear of Muslims for years, to look past the labels and concepts that have been fed to them, and to see the humanity underneath that is yearning to move out of a state of division and fear. Many in the West are now headed in the same direction. This is a global phenomenon. The protests in Iran are only a small part of a systemic shift towards greater unity and a deeper understanding of reality. It has begun and cannot be stopped. History will be history. Support all humans who want to throw off fear and repression. Americans, Brits, Canadians, germans, etc, etc need to do this just as much as Iranians, Pakistanis, North Koreans, etc, etc, etc. Allow yourself to see through skin tones and accents, cultures and opinions, to what lies underneath. It is the same maninfestation of the infinite which moves through all of us. It is time to grow up and put the toys of the mind aside.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Silenceisall]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join