It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

But I Thought We Hated Muslims

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Is just incredible, anywhere you go in the regular channels is nothing but Iran, Iran and Iran, yesterday I demanded my husband to stop wathcing those manipulated news, I mean here you have NBC posting pictures of nothing but people bleeding and then making comments like the poor lady and the poor man just by standers exercising their freedom and human rights.

Excuse me!!!!!!! I thought Iran didn't have freedom of anything.

Wait a moment isn't that why the media is using propaganda so Americans can back up any involvement of the government into what is going in Iran.

Well compare to the police brutality that our media try to hide in this nation everyday it seems that Iran have as many freedoms as the ones we used to have in the US.

Nothing but propaganda, manipulate, manufactured and dirty.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

I'm not saying people don't hate Muslims. I'm saying Americans as a people do not hate Muslims. Does racism and bigotry still exist? Sure, is it done by a majority of American people? Not even close.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I think though most Americans will be loathe to admit it that despite the apparent hypocrisy on the surface of American’s interest in the current political situation within Iran it still speaks volumes to religious xenophobia and hatred.

Many Americans are choosing to view the political unrest in Iran for what it’s not.

It’s not a direct call for the overthrow of the theocracy but an opposition party claiming the validity of an electoral outcome of a high ranking, but not supreme official in and to the theocracy.

What many Americans in my humble opinion are doing is incorrectly interpreting these events to be a validation of their own distrust, misunderstanding and fundamental ideas about Iran’s Islamic Theocracy and are imagining that the people of Iran also dislike that Islamic Theocracy and want to likewise see its overthrow because they themselves do not (a.) believe in the value of a Theocracy and (b.) do not want an Islamic Theocracy.

Based on that I don’t think you are really seeing a warming of the predisposed largely media and government and religious instilled dislike and distrust of Muslims, but simply instead Americans pretending that the Iranians involved in these political party protests revolving around lightening rod candidates are those Iranians themselves saying they in essence don’t like Islam either but hunger for western style freedoms which Americans have been taught to believe Islam will not tolerate condone or allow.

Most Americans simply see this as a validation of their own dislike for a charismatic Iranian President whose controversial statements and stances they have been indoctrinated to dislike and distrust as being born out by the Iranian people themselves in a much broader context and way than I feel is really happening over there.

At the end of the day most Americans are simply adopting the long held adage of the Middle East and Islamic world, of 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend', without knowing all that much about their new friend, or having to much of a desire to investigate why their new friend is really enemies or if they really even are enemies of the enemy America has chosen to make of the Iranian President.

On yet another complex level many Americans who have long been unhappy with our own governments are taking some faith that even in a system and regime reported to be totalitarian in its nature that citizens of any culture, religion, and nation can and will demonstrate and do so even violently if they feel a line has been crossed.

I think many Americans who are so politically minded here domestically are pleased and emboldened and envious regarding the courage and willingness of Iranian political demonstrators to demonstrate even under the risk of injury, death and imprisonment and holding a long established fear that political change might only occur in America through a similar process are heartened to see that process being manifested elsewhere.

I don’t think what you are seeing represents a change or move away from anti-Islamic thinking and rhetoric but in fact a manifestation of it, in American’s seemingly almost carte blanche desire to back the opposition party in an overall political system, religion and culture they still know very little about.

It’s a natural thing to question OP along the lines you are questioning it, and I think if you probe the soft underbelly you will find what I have suggested to be the case most likely is.

[edit on 21/6/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Is not about who hates who, or racism, bigotry or Semitics this about manipulation of public opinion plain and simple.

After 9/11 more than half of Americans would applaud taking the middle east back to the stone age.

Now look at the manipulation of media now most Americans are shedding tears whatever pictures of bleeding people are on TV.

If people doesn't get it I guess is true, we are turning into a nation of manipulated zombies.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtinguish

Originally posted by Xtinguish
Did America attack Muslims in the streets after 9/11?

why yes we did. did you forget the iraq and afganistan wars?

all of a sudden america has done a 180 . people are even acting like there never was any anti muslim sentiment in america.

if u think any americans hated muslims just because the news told them too you are wrong. ask these hateful people and they would have told you they hate muslims because of 9/11.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Mabey it was just George Bush who hated Muslums...

Mabey Obamma has a brain AND a heart, so he is helping clean up the disgusting Bush mess...

I am in CAnada, but I have liked Obamma since day one....

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

No only tha my friend but is a reason for creating diversion our economy is in shreds, we are having a unemployment crisis, after raping the tax payer of billions or even trillions we are not better than 6 months ago when we elected a new president looking for hope, and things are to get even worst.

So what is the next move, keep the populace diverted from domestic problems and into global ones.

If people doesn't get it I just don't know what else to say.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
reply to post by Xtinguish

Did America attack Muslims in the streets after 9/11?

why yes we did. did you forget the iraq and afganistan wars?

all of a sudden america has done a 180 . people are even acting like there never was any anti muslim sentiment in america.

if u think any americans hated muslims just because the news told them too you are wrong. ask these hateful people and they would have told you they hate muslims because of 9/11.

Simply not true. If Americans hated all Muslims because of 9/11 then did they hate all Christians after the Oklahoma City Bombing?

The generalizations you make in this thread are both appalling and shocking.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Another incorrect statement.

The attacks on Afghan and Iraq were not American, you know as well as I do it was done by the NWO. The NWO does not share America's spirit for freedom. And yet again I must mention the American people are heavily bombarded with propaganda, which shapes popular opinion. I will also note this propaganda exist in just about every nation of the world. Also, is Britain not involved in these wars as well? Do all Britain's hate Muslims?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jatsc

Americans hate anybody that does not fit into the majority plain and simple look at our history since the 1700's

Really? So America has a national religion or culture? Is it hate that America won't name English it's national language? Did America attack Muslims in the streets after 9/11? America more religions and cultures then any other country in the world making up it's population. What an ignorant statement.

First of all learn English second check your history there is no national language you idiot; there has never been an offical national language within the US.

Actually yes some Americans did attack people after 9-11 there were several cases of hate crimes against people who looked arab, whom were Muslim and other racial groups such as Indians, Pakistani's following 9-11

I remember a case that happen to an Egyptian family in New Jesery after 9-11 the family was assaulted.

Most people in the US wanted to bomb the hell out of the mideast after 911 for your information. I remember I was in school and even such of the teachers were saying we should nuke these bastards

"America more religions and cultures then any other country in the world making up it's population." is the ignorant statement is makes no type of sense so you have no right to say anything.

A good population of Americans dislike non Christians. Heck even the government sometimes go flip flops on its stanch on religion. Ever heard of Peyote and other Native American religious drugs why are they used while other religions can not use the drugs that are used within their religions.

Americans hated the Irish and the Italians when they first came over because they were taking away jobs from the than Americans

(the same as it is now with illegal immigrants)

over time people have grown to like them but does not change what occurred at first.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by jatsc]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

No only tha my friend but is a reason for creating diversion our economy is in shreds, we are having a unemployment crisis, after raping the tax payer of billions or even trillions we are not better than 6 months ago when we elected a new president looking for hope, and things are to get even worst.

So what is the next move, keep the populace diverted from domestic problems and into global ones.

If people doesn't get it I just don't know what else to say.

Marg6043 I could not agree with you more and have starred happily every post you have made to this thread for their pragmatic good common sense nature.

The main stream media not only distracts us but in recent years it has become the modern day of the Circus of the "Bread and Circuses" the masses so crave.

Today's media has turned to putting on spectacles of everything from small town murders of passion, to World events in a way that lead people to making almost purely emotional based reactions instead of intelligent and reasoned well informed and considered responses.

Everything is about anger and indignation and everything is about aiming that anger and indignation away from the corporate leaders and political leaders that most deserve it's scorn and wrath.

It's sad to see how easily manipulated the once free thinking and questioning American people have become. In all fairness it took a decades long attack on our educational system and politicl standards to do it. Politically correct has replaced common sense, and we have all be painstakingly taught through media and government to aspire to the lowest possible common denominator instead of the highest one.

I haven't turned my TV on since October of 2007. It was easy for me to disconect from the propoganda system since I had always even from a tender age recognized it as being a propoganda system.

Getting the rest of America to stop reacting to their base passions and fears and hopes and seeing it for what it is...

Well, it's going to take some time, but I applaude the things you are saying as the things people would most benefit from considering!

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ace High

Originally posted by Ace High

Simply not true. If Americans hated all Muslims because of 9/11 then did they hate all Christians after the Oklahoma City Bombing?

The generalizations you make in this thread are both appalling and shocking.

if you asked people who the enemy was after 9/11 too many would have told you the muslims. not al qaeda , not muslim extremist, they would have said muslims.

now you are pulling at straws with your ok city bombing statement. really timothy was a christian? i thought he was just a madman.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Yes, he was, I thought that was common knowledge. No straw grabbing here.

All I am saying is that it is beyond a stretch to say "Americans hate Muslims" PERIOD. I have not met anyone who feels that way. On top of that no one I know has met anyone that feels that way.

Are there a few? Possibly.

Generalizations are bad both ways.

All Muslims are bad = Generalization that makes no sense and is illogical.

All Americans hate all Muslims = Generalization that makes no sense and is illogical.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jatsc

Read my post you idiot. My point was that there is no national language despite a majority of Americans speak English, so how do Americans hate things out of the majority?

Second, there are hate crimes everyday in every country.

How is my statement about America having a large mix of religion and cultures ignorant when others saying a majority of Americans hates Muslims isn't?

"A good population of Americans dislike non Christians." That's not ignorant? Do you know a majority of Christian Americans? Have you spoken to them on how they view other religions? What evidence do you have this is true?

"Americans hated the Irish and the Italians when they first came over because they were taking away jobs from the than Americans over time people have grown to like them but does not change what occurred at first." Again, how is this not ignorant? Did they really? Well who hated them? British Americans? German Americans? Native Americans? Please explain this statement further.

Lastly, you can poke at my grammar all you want. I know it isn't that good, and especially when I post. For one I'm not some ego douche bag who thinks too much of his post.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Xtinguish]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

reply to post by jatsc

Read my post you idiot. My point was that there is no national language despite a majority of Americans speak English, so how do Americans hate things out of the majority?

How is my statement about America having a large mix of religion and cultures ignorant when others saying a majority of Americans hates Muslims isn't?

"A good population of Americans dislike non Christians." That's not ignorant? Do you know a majority of Christian Americans? Have you spoken to them on how they view other religions? What evidence do you have this is true?

"Americans hated the Irish and the Italians when they first came over because they were taking away jobs from the than Americans over time people have grown to like them but does not change what occurred at first." Again, how is this not ignorant? Did they really? Well who hated them? British Americans? German Americans? Native Americans? Please explain this statement further.

Lastly, you can poke at my grammar all you want. I know it isn't that good, and especially when I post. For one I'm not some ego douche bag who thinks too much of his post.

A good population can mean many different amounts; America has about 307 million people. Is 100 thousand, 500 thousand, 1 million, 10, million a good population yes ?

There is no determining factor on what could be meant as a good population because it is up to the interpreter.

Have you any proof to prove me wrong; you can say that I'am wrong but you still can not say you are right in the matter because you have no proof also.

You may have meant to say there is a mix of religions and cultures within the US more than any other country in the world but that is not what you said.

You said "America more religions and cultures then any other country in the world making up it's population." that does not mean the same as you stated in the above post.

For the Italians & Irish comment by Americans I mean Americans excluding the Natives and African Americans.

I mean White Americans that resided in the major cities at the time which was a mix of English, Dutch, German, Scottish etc. There was lots of competition for the jobs that were available and the new comers accepted any job regardless of the pay where as the people already there in those same areas did not.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

reply to post by jatsc

A good population can mean many different amounts; America has about 307 million people. Is 100 thousand, 500 thousand, 1 million, 10, million a good population yes ?

There is no determining factor on what could be meant as a good population because it is up to the interpreter.

Have you any proof to prove me wrong; you can say that I'am wrong but you still can not say you are right in the matter because you have no proof also.

You may have meant to say there is a mix of religions and cultures within the US more than any other country in the world but that is not what you said.

You said "America more religions and cultures then any other country in the world making up it's population." that does not mean the same as you stated in the above post.

For the Italians & Irish comment Americans excluding the natives and african Americans. I mean White Americans that resided in the major cities at the time. There was lots of competition for the jobs that were available and the new comers accepted any job regardless of the pay where as the people already there in those same areas did not.

What?

You want me to prove your ignorant statements wrong? How can I prove a negative wrong? It's impossible to disprove a negative, and I thought someone so advanced would know this basic logic.

How isn't it? America does have a larger mix of religion then most other countries. Should I use your illogic here and ask you to prove me wrong?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

How isn't it? America does have a larger mix of religion then most other countries. Should I use your illogic here and ask you to prove me wrong?

I never said America does not have a larger mix of religions;

you said "America more religions and cultures then any other country in the world making up it's population."

that does not mean the same thing as America has a larger mix of religions

This does not make any sense "America more religions and cultures than any other country in the world making up it's population"

Do you mean; America has more religions and cultures than any other country in the world making up its population ?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Gotta love generalizations.

#1) I'm a conservative.
#2) Some of my best friends from the military and in civilian life are Muslims. And some of them are even conservative.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jatsc

Seems clear to me that he means the USA has more religions and cultures than any other nation.

He is 100% right. The United States is a true melting pot.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ace High

Originally posted by Ace High

Yes, he was, I thought that was common knowledge. No straw grabbing here.

All I am saying is that it is beyond a stretch to say "Americans hate Muslims" PERIOD. I have not met anyone who feels that way. On top of that no one I know has met anyone that feels that way.

Are there a few? Possibly.

Generalizations are bad both ways.

All Muslims are bad = Generalization that makes no sense and is illogical.

All Americans hate all Muslims = Generalization that makes no sense and is illogical.

i dont recall saying all americans hate muslims because im american and ive never bought into the anti muslim rhetoric. if you really think that no americans hated muslims because of 9/11 i dont know what to say.

i will show u this though.
Poll: Americans wary of Muslim world
www.boston.com...

The CNN/Opinion Research Corp. survey found that only about 20 percent of Americans have a favorable view of Muslim countries, while 46 percent have an unfavorable view

btw its not common knowledge that tim mcveigh was a christian. in fact he wasnt a christian.
en.wikipedia.org...

After his parents' divorce, McVeigh lived with his father; his sisters moved to Florida with their mother. He and his father were Roman Catholics who often attended daily Mass. In a recorded interview with Time magazine[11] McVeigh professed his belief in "a God", although he said he had "sort of lost touch with" Catholicism and "I never really picked it up, however I do maintain core beliefs." The Guardian reported that McVeigh wrote a letter claiming to be an agnostic.[citation needed] McVeigh at one time said that he believed the universe was guided by natural law, energized by some universal higher power that showed each person right from wrong if they paid attention to what was going on inside them. He had also said, "Science is my religion."

you cannot deny that a disgusting portion of america hates muslims for no apparent reason.

part of this hate came from the gop/ conservatives.
now they are ready to stand behind their iranian brothers even though over the last 7 years they were calling for war with iran.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join