It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

But I Thought We Hated Muslims

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
what is going on here?

after 9/11 a sick attitude towards muslims was born in the usa. too many people hated them and wished they would die. a big part of this hate came from the people who considered themselves republicans/conservatives. if you live in the usa im sure you have seen or heard what im talking about.

now we have this crisis in iran. americans all of a sudden love muslims. even fox news is acting like they care when i believe they had alot to do with creating and feeding an atmosphere of anti muslim thinking.

now the republicans/conservatives in washington are calling out obama for not doing or saying more. even people who arent in washington are calling out obama now. when did you all start loving muslims? im pretty sure this is mostly anti obama rant from you guys, but i still would have guessed you hated muslims more.

when obama bowed to the saudi king you guys flipped out. yeah bush seemed to love the saudis more, but you guys seemed to forget that.
when obama made a speach to the muslim world in egypt you guys had a fit.

maybe u just love half of the persians in iran and u still hate all other muslims, idk, but for the last 7 years you guys were calling for a war in iran.

will you people make up your minds?

[edit on 21-6-2009 by elitegamer23]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I have found that people are like sailboats..They tend to go in the direction the wind is blowing at the time..

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
You oversimplify and this is about the 5th thread with this same sentiment.

I have not met one person that hates all Muslims. I have met many that hate the Muslims that will hijack the religion to attack ALL others and their own women, while loving all other Muslims.

How hard is that to get? Really?

Muslims that throw acid on school girls = BAD.

Peace and freedom loving Muslims = GOOD.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I am with the Iranian protestors because they want to bring down the Islamic Republic that is running Iran.

They want freedom of religion, they want relations with the United States, they want equal rights for women, and they want freedom...period.

Islam only works when the people are oppressed. If the choice is Islam or die, most will choose the live. Now if they had a choice.....?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ace High
You oversimplify and this is about the 5th thread with this same sentiment.

I have not met one person that hates all Muslims. I have met many that hate the Muslims that will hijack the religion to attack ALL others and their own women, while loving all other Muslims.

Extremism in any form or religion is our real enemy

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

I am not sure that is accurate. I think both sides are bad. They are not protesting in order to be more like the west. They are protesting because they feel the election was not fair.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ace High

sadly too many americans have hated on muslims just because they are muslims.

what do you think of americans who waterboard anyone? GOOD or BAD?

Originally posted by RRconservative
I am with the Iranian protestors because they want to bring down the Islamic Republic that is running Iran.

i think anyone would love to see the youth run this country but just weeks ago people still would have hated all iranians and wanted war with them.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by elitegamer23]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

Dear you are finding out the trend that has taken over this nation thanks to a well government manipulated media and propaganda.

People are so brainwashed that they will do what the media and government tells them to do, hate whatever the government wants you to hate and love whatever the government wants you to love.

Now if you are already aware that something is wrong with this, that means that you are aware now you are an enemy of the status quo.

So beware.

And beware of those that are still following like zombies.

Now you know the power of manipulated media.

Welcome to reality.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Yeah 9/11 didn't quite turn out as planned for the Muslim haters.

2000: 'Oh yeah this will happen and people will be mad and the Muslims will be rounded off and sent to the camps!! Yeeeeah Good plan dude!'

2009: 'Dude... What just happened
'

[edit on 21-6-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I am a conservative but not a Republican. I don't think it is any of our business what goes on in Iran. I believe in taking care of America first.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
reply to post by Ace High

sadly too many americans have hated on muslims just because they are muslims.

what do you think of americans who waterboard anyone? GOOD or BAD?

Torture doesn't work. It only works in movies.

When you torture someone you will get an answer, sometimes the truth, sometimes any answer that will get the torture to stop.

Really not on topic with the thread.....grabbing at straws in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
One more thing my friends, stay away from any major media channel because they are hypnotizing everybody of weak mind.

Do not watch any of them, use the INTERNET to get your news.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I remeber when this first started after 9/11, I was young (12), but I still remeber that I never once hated muslims.

Even today, I still do not hate muslims. This is the way I see it. Yes, muslims have a lot of bad people among them but so does every other group on this planet. No one is perfect.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Americans do not hate Muslims, the news is just manufactured to make you believe Americans hate Muslims. One fine of example of this is when NBC took a lot of heat when planting Muslims at a Nascar race. They were hoping for mistreatment, but was there? Absolutely not, infact the Muslim plants actually had a good time.

Americans are being lied to on a daily basis. Granted it is their own fault as to believing it, but some are waking up and mainstream news ratings are going further and further in the toilet.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtinguish
Americans do not hate Muslims, the news is just manufactured to make you believe Americans hate Muslims. One fine of example of this is when NBC took a lot of heat when planting Muslims at a Nascar race. They were hoping for mistreatment, but was there? Absolutely not, infact the Muslim plants actually had a good time.

Americans are being lied to on a daily basis. Granted it is their own fault as to believing it, but some are waking up and mainstream news ratings are going further and further in the toilet.

Great point. The thing you have to ask yourself is how many people do I actually know that hate Muslims? I do not know anyone who knows anyone. It is more MSM b/s!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043
Someone should make a Jabba the Hutt doll that says:

You weak-minded fool! He's using an old Jedi mind trick!

Everytime a news anchor says something

[edit on 21-6-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It was never about going to war with Iranians, or Iraqi's or people from Afghanistan, it was going after violent extremist groups that got their roots from these places.

I think your sentiment or your judgment on what others felt during the past 8 years is mis-placed. The media is responsible for painting these countries as the Axis Of Evil for the 21st century and has done a good job at it so far.

Now with this election, we see that Iranians are actually just people, who want the same freedoms that we do, but are far more oppressed, this is a sentiment that even Western folks share amongst themselves.

A little change in rhetoric never hurt anybody, especially when we are attempting to lend aid to a people who finally want something peaceful and and moral to come out of their politics and more importantly their politicians.

Regardless of who is at the helm, the important thing to remember is that these are PEOPLE, who are revolting against Tyranny, something everybody, everywhere should support with arms wide open.

The fact that anybody wants to judge people for "flip-flopping" on the issue, just proves to me how much the media has a hold of the minds and hearts of the Average Western Society.

We seek peace and freedom for all nations, the war was about extremism and oil for the most part, but that's another conversation.

Can we as human beings simply not encourage each other? Simply not lend a hand when another nation of PEOPLE just like you and me, truly require it?

I think so. Regardless of past events....

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Americans hate anybody that does not fit into the majority plain and simple look at our history since the 1700's

After 9-11 funny thing there were several attacks but most of the people were not Muslim they were Sikhs.

Most Americans are just stupid when it comes to people and religions. They thought that anyone wearing a Turban was a Muslim when infact Muslims dont even wear Turbans.

People go by whatever others who claim to have authority say even if it is wrong, and incorrect.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtinguish

Originally posted by Xtinguish
Americans do not hate Muslims, the news is just manufactured to make you believe Americans hate Muslims.

but ive heard this hate with my own ears. my boss at work used to hate on the muslims in iraq even though his son was there to 'liberate' the people.

im not getting this hate from the news. its what ive seen since 9/11.
i cant even count the number of times ive heard the words sand ni**** or dune co**.

u get what i mean.

maybe these people learned their hate from the msm but its still hate anyway u look at it.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jatsc

Americans hate anybody that does not fit into the majority plain and simple look at our history since the 1700's

Really? So America has a national religion or culture? Is it hate that America won't name English it's national language? Did America attack Muslims in the streets after 9/11? America more religions and cultures then any other country in the world making up it's population. What an ignorant statement.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join