It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Street Clashes ... Iranian Police overwhelmed by protesters[NEW VIDEO JUN 21]

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Thank you both for finding some common ground... Proto, I think your points are interesting... I believe they need some honing though and that they would be perfect for a thread dedicated to the "Forces behind the Iranian situation" or something of that kind. Believe me, I'd be one of the first to post on it, as I'd like to discuss that...

Well by all means friend then post away. I was hoping against hope this development was not going to occur but sadly all good things come to he who waits.

Fighting Tears Shah's son calls Crisis Moment of Truth

This would be the perfect speculation thread!

Thanks HunkaHunka

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I have a great deal of respect for people who can simplify and condense complex ideas down to profound statements that are self evident for the majority. I prefer that over long winded self errogating diatribes.

That being said,

Dear Mr. Protaplasmic Traveler:

After reading, and reading, and reading...ho..hum...yawn...the pages and pages of commentary you have graced the ATS readers of this thread with, I don't think it is any fine spun figment of my imagination to conclude that you would make a great spokesman for Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. At the very least, I am sure he would consider you to be good company.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Look at the Iranians, maybe if Americans had half the guts that they do, something would get done!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
This is the type of thing that should motivate those who may face the same thing in the future; in other words, other countries though primarily the US. I think it's safe for me to say that this is the first video I've actually seen of the riot police being overwhelmed and it goes to show that we should do the same in these situations. They are just people after all just like anyone else; only difference is their clothing which might be intimidating to some people.

I just hope the best for those iranians still fighting for their freedom of choice because to deny that any longer is only inviting more rebellion so their government might as well re-consider doing something to help the situation.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Had this been the Israelis facing a similiar demonstration by Palestinians protesting for their rights they would have used live ammunition and air strikes!

exactly, and what is most pathetic, Israel is called a democratic state, and Palestinians protesting for their rights are called 'terrorists' by the majority of the western sheeple...

there are not more than a few hundred people in this Iranian footage, against 20 or 30 policeman, so it's no wonder that they are 'overwhelmed'

cheers

[edit on 23-6-2009 by donhuangenaro]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
If this is true... congratulations to the CIA for taking over a country without a single US troop involved.

So is Iran a slave of the US / Israel yet or not?

By the way... those riots were very "pacifist". Try to do that in the US and they call the national guard with humvees, tanks and helis and shoot all of you... their loyalty is not with the American people and thats why someone said "when GWB was elected ppl whined a bit then sat back again" cause you know what comes for you if you pull a stunt like this.

again, if this is true, I like the iranian police already... they at least have some respect for their own people.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Part of Disinformation Campaign. Planned event. People there just want to solve long term economy crisis, feed their children, who really cares there about who the leader is? Enough food is what wins. Game, politicians up there just like playing games...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by iLive4HerSmile
Part of Disinformation Campaign. Planned event. People there just want to solve long term economy crisis, feed their children, who really cares there about who the leader is? Enough food is what wins. Game, politicians up there just like playing games...

Typical wish of a slave, and easy way to submit them.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Remember the respect we all share now for these Iranian people when our U.S. Government & Israel tell us we need to go to war with them.

Remember them fighting for their freedom when our bombs drop on those same streets and homes.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it?

When was the last time this present administration stated their goal is to destroy or bomb Iran?

As a matter of fact who has been a very large thorn in Israels side lately? Obama! I'm not a fan boy of Obama far from it, but he has shown remarkable restraint considering the he has hawks circling in Washington trying every which way to nudge him with their political sticks.

So change the channel that was last years pop song.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Americans? Before they wake up, most will be dead.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
This is a strange thought, but maybe someone who knows more about this can explain.

They say that the Ayatollah, and existing government in Iran is very nervous about this. However, if they wanted to do so they could really stop it. Why aren't they really stopping it?

What I mean is we really haven't seen the tanks and armed police. We usually just see the police throwing rocks.

(I know we did see a tank last week, and some people got shot. But if they really want to crack down hard they could, so why don't they?)

I'm happy to see them chase off the police and if I was there I would help them, but is their government giving them some slack, maybe letting them get their anger out and hoping it will die down?

Or is their government afraid to make it worse by killing too many people?

I'm very happy for these people who chased the police away, but it seems staged. As if the police know not to take it too far, show a little fight and then run off as if they've been defeated.

I'm just confused right now.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Electro38]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I just wanted to add, how strange it is for the BBC to be there on the spot for that. (Doesn't that seem a little too convenient?)

What if the Ayatollah and company are pulling a "fast one", "slight of hand". They'll give the people a new government, change some people around, add new faces, and make it seem as if the protesters won, and make it seem like the people did change the government.

But first, as seen in this video they have to make the Iranian people and the outside world believe the protesters are indeed beating back the police, and eventually winning whatever it is they all want?

I'm not usually paranoid, and don't believe in 99% of conspiracies, but this is starting to look weird, almost fake.

Does anyone else see it?

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Electro38]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
why we care i dont know. Maybe its because its the only thing thats on. I am sorry for what is going on in iran but why does all the media need to brodcast it. I live in the states and its all day everyday.. there are more inportant things going on right now than this.. Like what are we doing with that bail out money , and why are not talking about the job losses as much. People dont want to be bothered by sorry! BS. Wake up people this is distracting you. And let this be a lesson.. this is a test to see if they can and how they could control an uprising and b its to see how far they can push us before we crack.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by itsallalie

why we care i dont know. Maybe its because its the only thing thats on. I am sorry for what is going on in iran but why does all the media need to brodcast it. I live in the states and its all day everyday.. there are more inportant things going on right now than this...

I think this is an interesting thing you've said

you ask why does the media broadcast it - and all the time? Why do you think they do - really? would be interesting to hear

for me - it's hard not to see how big a factor Iran is right now - the Middle East situation - Israel - and we've got our backsides parked in a real big way - right next door...

...People dont want to be bothered by sorry! BS. Wake up people this is distracting you.

from what?

we can want all we want not to be bothered by it - but these days - if someone sneezes in China - you can hear it in Chile

this is it - we're a part of the world - it's too small now and to tight to ignore and pretend like we can just focus on ourselves

I meant to say - paranoia and suspicion of conspiracy aside - this is real - it's not a TV show

whatever is or isn't really happening there right now - what we're watching are fellow human beings caught up in a very real conflict

[edit on 6/23/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
wow...it really is an astonishment isn't it? That in THIS day and age people just CANNOT get it together. I mean with the benchmark of time and history people just cannot seem to formulate a safe, stable infrastructure dedicated to the longevity of a nation. Not to mention TV, the Internet, Literature...i mean the list goes on! Still thru it all masses upon masses of people in a multitude of nations just cannot pull it together...this is why, after standing the very test of time immortal, certainly not due to MY personal opinion which is inconsequential, cultures like these should really just be left to 'devolve' and just fade into the annals of history.....there's nothing anyone can do for these people and the free-world would be BEST served to stay out of it.....time after time the free wolrd is SCORNED for defending freedom...no more i say!!! i say damn those that beg for a firm hand only IN TIME of need, i say damn those that would see us race headlong into an international political fiasco only to be harried by the very people that sent us there!! No i say let Iran settle Iran's problems...if you haven't figured it out yet(running a country) you probably never will......disassemble and allow your nation to be divided among those that CAN rule.

This is just becoming a parody all these african and asian nations.......

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

I hope you got applause for that sister.
Yet at the same time, I feel we are each responsible for our own conscious space. Doing doesn't get us anywhere. Each not doing is probably closer to the goal. Self responsibility and tolerance for different ways of living and thinking. Can we do it as a team? No, not really. Each person has to do it. And have the courage to be patient with the rest of them that haven't found that out yet. It's scary watching them fight, but they have issues to work out. Will they figure it out? I don't know. They may have to argue til they are dead, and many many people suffer. Sooner or later though, you realize the horse is dead.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Let us see what was this topic about?

From Twitter:

Lalezar Sq is same as Baharestan - unbelevable - ppls murdered everywhere - #Iranelection
4 minutes ago from web

they catch ppl with mobile - so many killed today - so many injured - Allah Akbar - they take one of us - #Iranelection
5 minutes ago from web

in Baharestan we saw militia with axe choping ppl like meat - blood everywhere - like butcher
7 minutes ago from web

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com...

Iran's streets are lost, but hope returns

www.atimes.com...

Basiji Massacring Protestors in Iran!
CNN

woman from Tehran was describing going to a protest today in front of Parlement, and the protesters were ambushed by Basiji streaming out of a masque, who began massacring the protesters, beating them to death, shooting them..the woman is crying as she begs us for help!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

(CNN) -- A photo showing Iranian clerics prominently participating in an anti-government protest speaks volumes about the new face of Iran's opposition movement.

In a blatant act of defiance, a group of Mullahs took to the streets of Tehran, to protest election results that returned incumbent President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to power.

Whether these clerics voted for Ahmadinejad or one of the opposition candidates is unknown. What is important here, is the decision to march against the will of Iran's supreme leader who called the results final and declared demonstrations illegal.

edition.cnn.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join