It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big police operation planned for Stonehenge summer solstice

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by colloredbrothers

"I take drugs and I put my middle finger out to the society that tells me I'm wrong, no society YOU are wrong and totaly f*cked up."

Preach on. Judging by the popularity of Evasius's timewave thread.. We can safely assume that there is a dire need for our culture to be exposed directly to the entheogen wave, regardless if its through direct experience or transmission via culture.

Society is wrong.. You are right!!!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by colloredbrothers

"I take drugs and I put my middle finger out to the society that tells me I'm wrong, no society YOU are wrong and totaly f*cked up."

------------------------------------

Its all about the "Blue Honey".

------------------------------------

The "Sun stands still" and we should too. Become one with the "motion of the spheres" . Hug your oppressors and sing them "the song of the stars" .

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Wow it is seriously messed up people making excuses for police brutality.

I was also at the G20 protest's kettled for hour's for no apparent reason ,I also remember seeing ian thomlinson on the floor after being pushed by a nazi-esque cop.

Fact of the matter is if on that day NOT one single policeman was present it would have been an amazing day, The atmosphere was like nothing i had seen before.

I went by myself and ended up talking to a loads of like minded people, the atmosphere was amazing

If the police had not been there it would of been one giant street party/carnival.

Untill the police started kettling and hitting people it was amazing.

What do you expect people to do when you act like that towards them?

BooHoo one window got smashed! what about the bodies of hundred's of INNOCENT people? But no the media concentrated on the window of a bank getting smashed!

It worked nicely though judging by some people's attitude's on this thread

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsallCrazy
reply to post by Acidtastic

I seem to be the only of this generation with any brain capacity whatsoever (and that isn't a great amount, but it's better than nothing)

[edit on 19-6-2009 by ItsallCrazy]

the very fact that you think you are the only one of our generation with any brain capacity casts serious doubt over your brain capacity.

i'll be interested to see if anything does kick off, but when it comes down to it, nothing special will probably happen. people need to remember that the police are involved with events and such things all over the country, practically every day and whilst some awful things have happened recently, it's unlikely that anything awful will happen since it usually doesn't. that might be something to do with many people of our generation having large brain capacities- thus not usually causing too much trouble.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I hate this.
For us this is a religious holiday, and while we cannot be at Stonehenge, we often try to watch it online when we can.

Many pagans will be out there celebrating a religious holiday.
They are targeting a religious minority.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsallCrazy

First off I give my greetings to itsallcrazy, hands him some fish & chips and a pint of bass ale.
Coming from the guy across the pond on the beach. cheers!
Now to the other stuff.

Ive always wondered why the driuds, light worker new age folk want to dance around something that was first a annunaki-lizard refueling station for there airships. They would hover over the site and draw energy straight from the core. Or what some would say the lay lines, or dragon currents which cross on that part of earth.
later it was used for observation of solar cycles, star risings and other space phenomena, by the ancients. Then it was used by the driuds, and now its used by whoever whats to piss off TPTB.

Ive always found it kinda odd, what people will cluster around.
Maybe some Lizards will show up to get there batteries refilled. Now wouldn't that be interresting. if not..Cheers!!

From across the pond
On the beach.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Um...

Why are all these "types" at the sacred site anyway? The celebration is NOTHING about debauchery and related activities!

I am not for the Feds or whatever yall call them there.

The solstice IS for a celebration but within respectful bounds. This would be akin to a bunch of muslims going into St. Peters and doing whatever they do to raise hell (no joke intended).

Remember and honor the past. This only taints the sacred spaces!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Personally, I have no way to cross the pond, let alone travel to Stonehenge during the solstice..

But I'd equate it with a party pilgrimage.

A place and time where people have gathered to celebrate at the same time of year for thousands of years! It's a connection with our ancestors, our Earth, and our universe. People have been partying at Stonehenge for 5000 years!

Watching something on TV or on the computer is definitely not the same as actually being there, and experiencing it.

My country is only 167 years old. That's a blink of an eye (sorry to use a tired cliché..)

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
....to a pagan mind...mine...it is a holiday with good reason to celebrate. Oh yes absolutely. It's a day of marriage between heaven and earth, a day when the old king dies and the new one's reign begins.

I know several very committed pagan groups, and I promise you all of them are having some fire spinning, dancing, drumming good ol' times this season.

We're not at Stonehenge, but you better bet your britches they'll be some celebration around here.

I can understand why some people think religious should equal serious quite and respectful worship, that's what their religion has taught them, but buddy that ain't the case round here!

We do the rites, and we party all night.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by hadriana]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
God almighty! who cares!!!! Isnt the world supposed to end in 2012 anway?
Seriously though, who cares if a few kids go out there, have a good time and as long as they leave responsibly who cares??? Yeah, watch out for them as they leave because i guarantee you Mr. and Mrs. Officers, they will be doing it in every spot you CANNOT reach. Before you get there, they will do it, i promise.
. Great thread. and please please please guys and gals, dont ruin it for us all, and have a good responsible time!!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Double post!

Sorry!

[edit on 19-6-2009 by ziggyproductions05]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana

They are targeting a religious minority.

They are out there because there will be a large amount of people gathering. They would be doing the exact same thing if there was a group of christians out there or if there was another large group that wanted to meet out there.

I can imagine they will be showing out in force because of the small group of trouble makers that always end up showing up at large public events, its got nothing to do with the people that are going being pagan or anything.

Let them do their job, don't provoke them, be nice and everything will be fine.

[edit on 19/6/2009 by funky monk]

[edit on 19/6/2009 by funky monk]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Is there any kind of police presence at Burning Man Festival then? Seems like a similar enough event to also warrant this kind of unnecessary police presence.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
For thinking people of unbiased judgment, who have taken a serious look at the evidence, for those who can face the ugly truth, the conclusions are inescapable.

In the UK at least, this is how it works at any event that is at all political:

The trouble makers are allowed to cause trouble, vandalize, destroy, whatever they want, for a while, and then they are chased off. The goal is never to stop them, just to get great footage of them to put on TV and scare the sh*te out of blue haired old ladies and the sort of dapper old gents who, filled with shame, hide in their closet and masturbate to framed portraits of Cecil Rhodes. Anyways, those old people are conditioned to always watch the nightly news and its always supposed to scare the crap out of them.

The peaceful people are beaten, badgered, corralled/kettled/whatever they want to call it, taunted, antagonized by uniforms, egged on by undercover agent provocateurs....all with the goal of creating more havoc and violence. The abuse of the weakest is a tactic that is specifically encouraged in an attempt to trigger the strong and the good to engage the police in direct combat where they will be beaten to death.

The only logical conclusion based on the evidence you can arrive at is that the goal of the police is to create as much havoc and mayhem as possible, because that more than anything else serves the interests of the police state.

Another unavoidable conclusion is that the peaceful people are considered the real danger to the UK police state. They are well aware of the successful history of civil disobedience, of passive resistance, of peaceful resistance, of massive resistance, and they are very afraid of it. It cost them India after all, and boy did they love owning India.

You want to be safe at a protest in the UK? Get away from the peaceful people and stick close to the hooligans. After all, the hooligans are there to smash windows and spray paint buildings. The cops are there to smash skulls and paint the streets with innocent blood. Not that you wont have to run from cops at some point, it's part of keeping up appearances, and they are always hoping to get a few people will give them some quality street fighting footage. After all, the planners know from social science anyone can check on that most people are so completely non violent as to avoid direct violent confrontation at nearly any cost, and that you have to seek out the aggressive types to get good street fighting footage.

And before people start lecturing about 'footie' riots those are a different story. That's just general mayhem and as there is nothing political about the event (usually...the two can overlap), the tactics are a bit different. They still want to get footage that scares old people though.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsallCrazy

You make very reasonable points that some folk are too narrow-minded to understand. You said that 'some' guys will go just to get drunk, get stoned and cause trouble. This is true and it happens everywhere else. Stonehenge doesn't have a 'door policy' or a better class of visitor. I've been to Glastonbury and the Big Green Gathering as a punter and other times working. Other festies too. No mistake, there's a minority of idiots that end up stealing or fighting. Left wing, right wing, hippies, townies, chavs, kids? There's no section of society without a minority of idiots...You're 100% correct that a bunch of guys will be texting away to organise a few carloads (hatchbacks, KnN filters, modded, happy hardcore blaring from bass bins) to join in the fun. Most will just have fun, but for some fun is stamping on a long-haired guy minding his own business.

If Mr Lizard wants to hate the police for taking his spliff off him at 15, that's his opinion and he's entitled to it. If he wants to claim that there aren't any troublemakers at gatherings apart from police in disguise, well...that's a bold claim that doesn't stand scrutiny. It sort of flies in the experience of others. To stand by it makes liars of everyone that's ever experienced trouble at festivals.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
My son is working as security at Stonehenge today, I will let you know what went down with police numbers and their attitude.

Dont understand why they would need him if they are bringing out the riot police though.

regards S_G

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by xSMOKING_GUNx

I've worked as security at a lot of festivals (not any more). It's because nobody really wants the Police everywhere and the Police don't want to be there. People respond much better to a guy like them in a hi-vis vest explaining why they shouldn't do something or why they can't go through to 'example' area. Organisers prefer the flexibility that private security provides. Some festivals have their own security (green gathering used to do this) and are supported by a layer of professional security for anything they couldn't handle. It's funny, because until I worked at the festivals I had no idea how much hatred some people have for 'authority.' All they see is 'the man' instead of a guy waiting to end his shift and have some fun. The job's a lot of fun otherwise, it's mainly just banter with people and having a laugh with people.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
To be honest, I'm gonna have to agree with Itsallcrazy. As much as I'd like to think that the summer solstice will only be made up of people peacefully celebrating their life, you've got to be realistic. The fact is that society in this country is getting worse every year for anti-social behaviour, it's actually ridiculous now.

I'm 21 so I've seen the whole chav and yob culture developing first hand and ruining this country, and I can tell you now that although most of the people at Stonehenge will be peaceful, you are also going to get a load of chavs turning up thinking it's some massive rave, getting drugged up and starting fights with anyone who looks at them funny.

I know the police ruin the atmosphere of things like that, but I doubt they're just going to go round battering every hippie they see. I'd rather have the odd policeman walking past me every now and then, than have to watch a load of chavs starting fights because they know no one can stop them.

[edit on 20/6/2009 by malganis]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Just a little note for those saying "oooh it's them terrible young peoples, they always ruin it, they're all brainless" That is not what the solstice is about, so you might want to get a clue before commenting further. Yes, some of hte people who are going, might be considered young. OMG YOOFS, RUN OFR THE HILLS. Jeebus.

It's a deeply spiritual celebration, thousands of years old. It is the most important date in the calendar for druids and pagans. It's not "some phat rave blud innit" And in 1985, the police battered men women and children in their live in vehicles (their crime? Being different) dragging pregnant woment through broken windshields, whilst beating them up. These are peaceful people, and they deserve a little respect because of that.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I think you'll find it's a bit of everything so far mentioned in the thread. Some guys are taking fairly emphatic positions when others are merely describing the reality of many modern events. Notting Hill Carnival is also a celebration and still has acts of violence or drunken idiocy. Rolling Stones at Altamont? Isle of White? Leeds 2001?

Also, it may represent something spiritual to some of the attendees, but it's not thousands of years old. Nobody knows what ceremonies were performed when the Stonehenge site was active. What we have now is a modern version of what people believe might have occurred in the distant past of England. The solstice celebration is a little over 200 years old...

The druids (had nothing to do with Stonehenge) that play a large part in the current event would have performed a human sacrifice at the solstice. The 'three-fold death' was a feature...let's hope they don't bring that tradition back

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join