It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big police operation planned for Stonehenge summer solstice

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Big police operation planned for Stonehenge summer solstice

www.guardian.co.uk

A big police operation involving an unmanned drone, horses and drugs sniffer dogs will be launched at Stonehenge tomorrow as huge crowds descend on the ancient site for the summer solstice.

Because the celebrations fall over the weekend and fine weather is predicted, bigger crowds than usual are expected and Wiltshire police have said they will clamp down heavily on antisocial behaviour.

Restrictions are being placed on the amount of alcohol revellers can bring in and police have said they will not tolerate illegal drug taking or unlawful raves.

The force's no-nonsense approach, afte
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Here we go again. I hope that everyone going to this stays safe, and out of the way of that long armed arm of the law. Let's hope that there's not a repeaet of the battle of the beanfield. But we all know that the police are more than capable of doing it again.

I just hope that this peaceful event goes off without any unecessary arrests. People will be getting drunk, it's a celebration. I just hope that the police can use their brains (ha!I know what I just said) and make the distinction between trouble makers and people having fun.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

+27 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Yep because weed smoking hippies are evil and should be observed at all times.

People celebrating their own lives are evil and should be observed at all times.

Fun should be monitored and anybody having too much should be crushed by the heavy arm of the law.

Bastards.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I have always wanted to go to Stonehenge at mid-summer to celebrate and experience what it has to offer with an open mind.

Unfortunately that is impossible thanks to draconian laws and the rigorous enforcement of them by our police.

Just makes you wonder what are they scared of?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Please ALL those here at ATS that are going to attend the party at Stonehenge , PLEASE DON'T GO , tell your friends NOT TO GO.

Let the Police waste their money, then run to the papers and claim you didn't go because you were scared of Police butality and you didn't want a replay of the G20 summit.

Because YOU KNOW the police have spent hundreds of thousands of pounds and are just ITCHING to make sure they get their monies worth by batting a few heads with their truncheons like the G20.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Remeber 1985?

Police smashing windows and dragging preganant women out of their vehivles by their hair. Small children wandering around crying their hearts out wondering why mummy and daddy are missing, wondering why these uniformed thugs are beating up the adults.

Innocent teenagers punched, kicked and battoned by police. Police dogs set on young women.

Police shouting from the helicopters 'KIll the hippies'.

People do not forget so easily...

LISTEN TO THE ITN NEWS REPORTER.

(In the video you will see someone with a fractured skull, a woman with a broken arm trying to get away from the police, you will also witness the police surrounding a bus and smashing all its windows in, in the background you will hear a baby crying inside the bus.... The reporter tells us that women carrying babies were hit with batons.)

[edit on 19-6-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Good, I'm glad the police will be there in force, we have a stupid uprising of young drunkard vandals in this country and it's getting really old really fast.

I'm 21 before anyone starts with the grief. If you look thoroughly at G20 pics half the people who were there are young imbeciles who've gone out to cause mayhem and vandalism under the curtain of it being for a greater cause, they're the teenagers covering their faces with scarves and hoodies smashing up public buildings and causing mayhem for the people who enforce the law in our great country.

Most of em won't have even had any idea why they were there, which will be exactly the same for this.

"u goin up ther 2nyt m8 itz goin b mental, bare drugs, bare girls, fat rave in a field"

"ye m8 itl b quality!
fpmsl"

I seem to be the only of this generation with any brain capacity whatsoever (and that isn't a great amount, but it's better than nothing)

It's a national heritage site, not an underground rave, USE YOUR GOD DAMN BRAIN, THATS WHY ITS THERE

Feel sorry the police who have to try and keep this idiotic rabble in check.

To anyone whose going up just for the sights, I hope you enjoy it and it ain't wrecked by half the tossers I just describe

Paraphi - Just saw your post after mine, well put

[edit on 19-6-2009 by ItsallCrazy]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
I have always wanted to go to Stonehenge at mid-summer to celebrate and experience what it has to offer with an open mind.

Unfortunately that is impossible thanks to draconian laws and the rigorous enforcement of them by our police.

Just makes you wonder what are they scared of?

Well, being someone who lives near Stonehenge I am pleased the police will take no "snip" this year. The majority of people go there for legitimate reasons but there are a core of people who go to make mischief.

In the past the stones have been vandalised, not to mention the despoiling of the ancient landscape.

Freeborn - If you want to go to Stonehenge, then go and you'll see what I mean... Maybe you are actually scared to see that most people welcome the removal of the cretins who spoil what is - to some - a spiritual experience.

Regards

[edit on 19/6/2009 by paraphi]

please don't evade the automatic censors
gallopinghordes
forum mod

[edit on 19-6-2009 by gallopinghordes]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
From what i have heard, the police always do this on summer soltice.

Like people said above, people need to be observed, while real criminals can go about there business.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsallCrazy

Oh please. Why don't you just go ahead and join the nazi youth and satisfy your own lack of fun loving urges.

You obviously have NO idea.

I was at G20, i didn't cause any trouble, i didn't take any drugs, i wasn't drunk.... yet i got abused by the police. Are you calling me an imbecile?

Did i deserve it?

My friends will be at the solstice, they are very clever people who just simply want a break from the rigours of daily grind, by embracing the sun and scenery.

Try and avoid your stereotypical vierpoint for one second and realise that the world isn't as black and white as you'd like to think it is.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
How far can they push the people untill people push back? That's when they can pull out the 'terrrorist' card and slam some new laws in place and make Mr. Orwell turn in his grave.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

I'm not scared at all, I would just like to experience it for what it may actually have been intended for.
Unfortunately that is impossible due to the police operation.

And there are cretins and tossers everywhere, just seems rather more so in our police force than anywhere else!

ItsallCrazy,
people have partied at Stonehenge for hundreds, if not thousands of years...it's nothing new.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsallCrazy

I'm 21 before anyone starts with the grief. If you look thoroughly at G20 pics half the people who were there are young imbeciles who've gone out to cause mayhem and vandalism under the curtain of it being for a greater cause, they're the teenagers covering their faces with scarves and hoodies smashing up public buildings and causing mayhem for the people who enforce the law in our great country.

okay clever arse, please tell me how the police are enforcing the law, when they place undercover officers in the crowd to cause trouble?

Or does this not compute with your conditioned mind? I saw this happening with my own eyes, two guys as you described, one with a red 'anarchist' bandana and his 'mate' started throing stones half-heartedly at the armoured police, this obviously wound the crowd up to a point, and before anything could happen to them... they flashed their badges to the police line and nipped out of there.

Please tell me how the law is enforced with life threatening attacks on young men and preganant women?

So please climb out of your own arse and see the sun.

CX

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsallCrazy

Good, I'm glad the police will be there in force, we have a stupid uprising of young drunkard vandals in this country and it's getting really old really fast.

Most of em won't have even had any idea why they were there, which will be exactly the same for this.

"u goin up ther 2nyt m8 itz goin b mental, bare drugs, bare girls, fat rave in a field"

"ye m8 itl b quality!
fpmsl"

I seem to be the only of this generation with any brain capacity whatsoever (and that isn't a great amount, but it's better than nothing)

It's a national heritage site, not an underground rave, USE YOUR GOD DAMN BRAIN, THATS WHY ITS THERE

Feel sorry the police who have to try and keep this idiotic rabble in check.

To anyone whose going up just for the sights, I hope you enjoy it and it ain't wrecked by half the tossers I just describe

Paraphi - Just saw your post after mine, well put

Excellent post!

As for those idiots in the video dancing on top of the stones...it's a historical wonder of the world....get off the damn thing and have a bit of respect for it!

Jeez i sound old sometimes lol.

CX.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
So by dancing on or around the stones... they should be beaten black and blue, arrested and punished?

Do you realise that this only happens once a year, that 90% of the people who go there actually police the situation themselves and that anybody caught vandalising the stones would be subjected to a good telling off by the crowd.

And yes you do sound old.

People have been celebrating there for thousands of years. Only recently has this celebration become more akin to a crime in the eyes of the miserable bastards who run the show.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
how close is the stone henge to glastonbury ? i might have alook on my way.

Heat + alcohol + fun = police it always has done. lets hope it stays calm

CX

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

And yes you do sound old.

Cheers

CX.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

You got no idea what I'm like, so your points are far off there.

The pictures in the paper, were young people, who I bet have no idea of politics or what they were protestin and they were the ones smashin up buildings.

I didn't notice I made any mention that it was every young person cos if I could have been there I would have been, I'd love be at stonehenge for the solstice too, but for the reasons you've mentioned, it's not a place go get hammered or take drugs and cause trouble is it? National heritage site that's been vandalised before and it need's preserving.

It was all common sense stuff I said I don't get your problem...

And no I'm not calling you an imbecile.. Unless you identify yourself as one of the prats that was bricking buildings at G20, buildings that us poor sods have to pay for reparations to out of our tax money.

Just saw your other post... wow someone got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning. If 2 tossers throwin bricks at the police is enough to rile everyone else up then they're just as stupid for joining in. Simple

The level of police you're talking about is a small percentage, I know a lot of coppers and they can't be arsed with the grief just as much as they people who cause it.

Cheers for the clever comment, I do try

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
So why do you assume all young people have no idea of politics? My brother had a healthy interest in politics when he was sixteen. I too was very interested in the state of the world from a young age....

Are you just assuming people go down to marches to cause bother? Or celebrations to cause bother?

The two tosser who were throwing stones at the police WERE undercover police, and when i said they riled the crowds up, i mean they were the ones responsible for the crowd getting angry at the stone throwers.

We have a right to celebrate without harm and a right to protest without harm.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join