It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big police operation planned for Stonehenge summer solstice

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsallCrazy

I seem to be the only of this generation with any brain capacity whatsoever (and that isn't a great amount, but it's better than nothing)

Well, thank baby Jesus himself and Al Gore for the tubes and ATS and ItsallCrazy! I'm sure that the mindless and ignorant fools that you've been subjected to growing up alongside lack the capacity to appreciate the gift of your wisdom and the mediums upon which it was conveyed!

It must suck to be peerless within your own generation, eh Doogie Howser..?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread474423If you look thoroughly at G20 pics half the people who were there are young imbeciles who've gone out to cause mayhem and vandalism under the curtain of it being for a greater cause, they're the teenagers covering their faces with scarves and hoodies smashing up public buildings and causing mayhem for the people who enforce the law in our great country.

You really need to get your facts straight. The window of one building (and the only one that was not boarded up, in an area where the police had warned businesses of expected trouble, a bank no less) was smashed, and there was a police camera man inside the building filming the crowd. The police "kettled" everyone before this even happened.

I was there, not at the place where the window was smashed, but at the climate camp on Bishopsgate. No windows were smashed and there was no one being violent or breaking the law, but that didn't stop the police stopping everyone from leaving and wading in with shields and batons, hitting anyone within reach. People holding their hands up as a gesture of non violence, people sitting on the ground, made no difference, they were hit just the same.

I met people who were just unfortunate enough to have been walking through when the police stopped anyone from leaving. They were hit too.

It was indiscriminate violence, violence from the police directed at everyone who was present.

You might not like the uncomfortable truth, but that doesn't make it any less true.

Edit: to fix italics.

[edit on 19/6/09 by AngelInterceptor]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I know but at G20 it wasn't just protest it turned into vandalism.

There is nothing wrong with the celebrations or protesting it's the only way we can have our say anymore but.. I was complaining about the clowns that go down there specifically to kick off and get absolutely off their face and it's just not the scene for it.

Lets face it (I'm guessing you're close to my age) a lot of people our age in this country are just beyond words the level of stupidity they show towards pretty much everything. It's them that my beef is with and not many people around our age are into politics either, I don't assume all young people have no grasp of politics cos I've been interested in it a few years and it's obvious you have too, but as far as real politics go only one of my mates out of god knows how many are even remotely interested in politics to the level that I am.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Good post and i can back you up with the climate camp peace.

One copper stopped me late in the night and said 'Look at all these tents and rubbish that have been left in the streets'

I said 'yeah it's a mess isn't it?'

He replied 'Well these people are supposedly campaigning for a cleaner world, and look at the mess they made'

I said 'Well if you lot hadn't have trampled everyone and beat people up then i'm sure that these people would have taken the litter home with them, but they didn't get a chance because the police were too busy smacking them with batons'

He went quiet after that.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsallCrazy

I'm assuming then you were not there and simply watched the TV or read the newspapers, because the only vandalism i saw was the police wrecking the flower beds of the local park area when they trampled through it and the mess i described in the above post.

Okay a window got broke at a bank, but these people had been kettled there for hours, everything was relatively peaceful UNTIL people got trapped, unable to protests or vent their views.

The people who broke the window were idiots, a tiny, tiny reflection of the people who were there for a reason.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Look, the reason the cops are cracking down on Stonehenge and the populace in general has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that the dumbed down youth of today are doing *exactly* what the government has conditioned them to do by design.

It's no accident that youth are educated and nudged by society in a manner that ultimately results in apathetic, misinformed, uneducated, materialistic, trite behaviour which practically guarantees they will react with violence to the antagonistic and heavy handed tactics used by police.

Everyone plays into their hand.

The truly enlightened understand that this party is a spiritual and religious event. Call me a hippie or a new ager, or whatever the heck you want - but the government doesn't appreciate those who don't conform to their little mechanism.

They're showing us who's boss, plain and simple. They know that it hurts our morale (and our bodies..)

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I'll take your word on the G20 cos I know the scene can be a lot different than is portrayed in the media.

I think there's more relevance to a police presence protecting a national heritage site rather than politicians though and I just hope nothing kicks off.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
In the UK it is now an offence to have any kind of fun which involves more than 1 person,even 1 person sometimes is deemed a crim for peaceful behaviour.
The police are trained to look at any protesters/party goers as potential terrorists.
For Gods sake...they (gov)expect us to work our fingers to the bone,these days with pay cuts or for free,and then they send in baton happy police when people want to party.
Work hard play hard I say,as long as its good clean fun,harming no one of course.

Many such gatherings have ended up with blood on the streets SOLELY due to heavy handed police with a "bash the proles" mentality.

Sadly the cops suffer from mass effect just as much as protesters/crowds:You only have to look at the G20 to see that.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

What the hell is doogie howser, and it might be different for you but where I'm from all I see is generations of people only one or two generations below myself who ain't got the brains they were born with.

Whatever man like I give a crap what you think

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Maybe the people along with some upstanding LEO's should monitor and observe the next Bohemian Grove party. You know, just to ensure the self safty of all of our elites.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

I said 'Well if you lot hadn't have trampled everyone and beat people up then i'm sure that these people would have taken the litter home with them, but they didn't get a chance because the police were too busy smacking them with batons'

He went quiet after that.

You are all a bunch of girls! I was there at the Poll Tax demo in London - probably before your time. My mates girlfriend got knocked over by a horse and laddered her tights, we all thought it was hilarious and actually learned a valuable lesson which was "move aside when the horses charge"! I also witnessed the odd football "riot" and recall the Coal Miners less than cordial relations with the police. Did I love those student sit-ins in the student bar. No one wore hoodies then!

If you stand ranting and raving and being a smartie-pants at a policeman then when they go quiet it is probably because they think you are a prat .

Regards

[edit on 19/6/2009 by paraphi]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Every native tribe celebrates peaceful rituals where they dance to music all night long and open their minds, sometimes with the help of some sacred substances that grew around them and nobody get hurt. It seems that it is a natural urge for some people to do this. And they should be free to do so. If you don`t like it don`t go there. The Police should be there to protect the party people.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I want to make something clear. Everybody in the thread is putting blame on those who are going to Stonehenge just to cause problems, right? With all the attacks against cops, people forget that there are legit trouble-makers out there that can cause just as much harm and need to be dealt with. Bad cops deserve every bad word against them, but honest police who put their lives on the line every day to stop mischief makers don't deserve to be slandered.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I know eh damn Police

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Heaven forbid we go there and intoxicate ourselves the way the original "Tuatha Da Naan" did during the Solstice (Sol & Sistere= Sun Sits Still).

Its a nice "polarized" image though. Half hearing/feeling the resonance from the stars, the other half there to quell any such connections (for fear they will feel it too).

To the 21 yr old complaining about "those darn kids".. Easy there little Eichmann, you'll one day feel apart of something too.

Myself, I will be celebrating the Solstice, the old fashioned way. Entheogens, campfire and good friends. NO COPS ALLOWED!!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Hi all!

Firstly, to the guy suggesting people DON'T go to Stonehenge, understand that the idea of going is inhereantly peaceful; celebrating the sun and sharing positive energy. I've been twice before, and have to say it's been one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had. The police, in the times I've attended, have been helpful, yet strict. Credit to them on those occassions.

Hopefully, this year will pass without incident.

Ps: I'm dying to go again, but for those who know the cost of public transport here will know it ain't cheap -- so if any ATSers are driving down (passing Sheffield) I'll be happy to pay petrol money!!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

Big police operation planned for Stonehenge summer solstice

www.guardian.co.uk

A big police operation involving an unmanned drone, horses and drugs sniffer dogs will be launched at Stonehenge tomorrow as huge crowds descend on the ancient site for the summer solstice.

Because the celebrations fall over the weekend and fine weather is predicted, bigger crowds than usual are expected and Wiltshire police have said they will clamp down heavily on antisocial behaviour.

Restrictions are being placed on the amount of alcohol revellers can bring in and police have said they will not tolerate illegal drug taking or unlawful raves.

The force's no-nonsense approach, afte
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk

How are they being anti-social if they are all GATHERING together in a SOCIAL setting to CELEBRATE the summer solstice.

Seems the cops want something to happen and will probably see to it that something does " happen " ....

I thought being around others and conversing was considered social? Hmm maybe everybody but these cops are wrong.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I know but at G20 it wasn't just protest it turned into vandalism.

Yep bud i supoe you would know, where you there. Have you been to the g20/May day protests, have you been to the solstice at stone henge. Do not bother answering cas i know your answer, no. So its real easy having an opinion on something that you have not experienced. Do yourself a favor go and experience these things first hand before you go making an idiot savant of your self on ATS.

kx

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
STOP saying drugs are bad If these hippies wanna take drugs let em!

I take drugs and I put my middle finger out to the society that tells me I'm wrong, no society YOU are wrong and totaly f*cked up.

People this isn't only police on an event of peace, this is a mile stone where two party's clash, and brutality in its purest form can be observed.

We have goten totaly out of hand and some people still think police are doing good.

I'm so mad!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsallCrazy

I bet your one of the more fun people to be around......NOOOOOOOT!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join