It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take a look at this ad that was shoved through my front door this morning

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
OMG Jehova Witnesses say the end is near!

Yeah it's ending every single day for them. When I was a kid I heard the end was near when I overheard one of them talking to somebody. I cried all night then when I woke up and saw the sunshine it made me realize not all adults knew what they were talking about.

It was my first run in with disinformation.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
My post was so long that I think I lost the point of it all, which is, they don't bring children to these conventions, I didn't even see any teenagers attending. It was all well seasoned adults.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
So are the jw’s getting on the 2012 bandwagon?

Er am I supposed to have two lines even if I’m asking a question?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
So I was thinking about this whole “end of the world” thing

What’s the point of the rest of the universe if the whole story is going to be played out on utterly insignificant little blue-green planet far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

what is the rest of the universe for?

Something to keep astronomers occupied in the evening

God just been a bit extravagant

What exactly is the point of everything else?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
My post was so long that I think I lost the point of it all, which is, they don't bring children to these conventions, I didn't even see any teenagers attending. It was all well seasoned adults.

Your statement is not correct. EVERYONE comes to these conventions. I have two small children, and we attend all meetings as a family. It's how it's always been.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by cathedral
So are the jw’s getting on the 2012 bandwagon?

Er am I supposed to have two lines even if I’m asking a question?

We've been on the "we are living in the last days" bandwagon pretty much since 1914, which is the year WWI broke out.

We believe the end of the present system will end very soon, but we do not know the year.... just soon.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

So I was thinking about this whole “end of the world” thing

What’s the point of the rest of the universe if the whole story is going to be played out on utterly insignificant little blue-green planet far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

what is the rest of the universe for?

Something to keep astronomers occupied in the evening

God just been a bit extravagant

What exactly is the point of everything else?

God made planet earth to be inhabited by humans and all other living things.
Nothing is going to happen to our beautiful planet. God is just going to take matters into his own hands and clean-up the mess for a "fresh start", and to fulfill his original purpose for the human race. If you would like to know more, please visit my youtube channel.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
I gotta admit that artwork is pretty good, the way it shows them coming out of the darkness into the light.

I agree it's kinda scary to talk about such things.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by _Phoenix_]

Seriously Thats what I was thinking, they employed a pretty skilled artist, I mean those people look real. If only they could make art instead of scare tatic pamplets, maybe Jehovas Witnesses would have a purpose on earth other than spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by holywar

Which didn’t really answer any of my questions

Are the jw’s promoting the 2012 date?
What’s the point of the rest of the universe?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

reply to post by holywar

Which didn’t really answer any of my questions

Are the jw’s promoting the 2012 date?
What’s the point of the rest of the universe?

Sorry, I thought I did answer your question. NO, we are NOT promoting any date. All we know is that God will be taking matters into his hands very soon.

As for the universe, I can only speak about God's purpose for planet earth... which is to cleanse it of the current satanic system, and replace it with God's kingdom rule under his Son Jesus Christ. Eventually, the earth will be transformed into a beautiful paradise.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by awdbawl

If only they could make art instead of scare tatic pamplets, maybe Jehovas Witnesses would have a purpose on earth other than spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ.

We honestly don't do it as a scare tactic. If you saw a mountain smoking, and could feel the underground tremors, would you not warn the people that live right by that mountain if for some reason they could not see or feel what is about to happen?

We are living in a similar situation, a humongous "volcano" is about to erupt... and out of genuine love for people, we are telling them about it, so that they may know how to get to safety.

Again... you and everyone else is welcome to attend the "Keep on the Watch" convention nearest you, to learn more

PEACE!

[edit on 22-6-2009 by holywar]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
What is truly hilarious about this is there is a box you can check to "order/buy" one of their loon books on the back side...

if you thought the world is truly over why not give your book away?

what good is the holy $dollar$ gunna get you when you are in "heaven"?

"the end is nigh" yelp has been used to sell more books and scam more people than any other topic ever...

the world ends every generartion...according to some

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I don't get them at my door but they use to call all the time. Unfortunately for them "Jehovah's Witness" showed up on the caller ID.

I simply answered answered the phone "Jewish Singles Hot-Line" and pretended to be setting them up with "hot" Jewish men. They stopped calling pretty soon after that.

Otherwise, call me with a telemarketing call and I will attempt to sell you life insurance. "I'm really glad you claled because life insurance rates have become extremely affordable, how old are you?' They stop calling asap.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs
What is truly hilarious about this is there is a box you can check to "order/buy" one of their loon books on the back side...

if you thought the world is truly over why not give your book away?

what good is the holy $dollar$ gunna get you when you are in "heaven"?

"the end is nigh" yelp has been used to sell more books and scam more people than any other topic ever...

the world ends every generartion...according to some

ummm, the books are FREE.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
the 144ooo are the ones who go up in the heavens to space ships,all alien abductees tagged ,while all the rest stay down here and feel the wrath of the world troubles to happen in 2012 the earths end times , begin times long cycle. the first 100 years of troubles like. large wierd storms, earthquakes, sunamis,plagues, you know the things in the bible. believe me i know. i go to church, i never sin, that is why i go to church, to be told the right ways of the lord. i believe it all, i follow every word and when the time comes ill know exactly what to do. the watchtower tells me so. i am free and it only costs me a third of my paycheck to be one of the 144000.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by pudgeego

And I thought I had the gift of sarcasm!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ae03b9746932.gif[/atsimg]

I almost spit my soda all over my monitor!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AceOfAces

It's just solicitation, doesn't matter what they want. It's your choice on what you want to do about it, you are not obligated to respond to every doorbell ring to your own home. JWs, Mormons, dish network people...all the same...life is a sales pitch.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by wyleecoyote
Time to put up the no tresspassing signs and get yourself a big dog.
If that doesn't work answer the door naked and invite them in for coffee and chat, that works everytime.

Yeah naked is a great way to get rid of them, add a rubber glove and a tube of lube and its a sure bet to get rid off them. Just dont tell them you worship satan otherwise they camp out on your lawn for days trying to "cleanse" you of the devil

But on the pamphlets, just dont take them seriously. Its just another case of installing fear, targetting vulnerable individuals into joining their organisation

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by holywar

So I did some google-ing - jehovah's witnesses - end of the world.

lol

No wonder you guys have taken the “ah screw it, look its soon, ok” attitude.

I wonder if you could get head office to say its going to be 2012 then the rest of the world can breath a sigh of relief.

Here’s what I think
jesus has been a “no show” for the last 2000 years so I think its safe to say – no jesus.

Also
I have no idea what an instruction manual left by god would look like, but it wouldn’t look like the bible – that’s for sure.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfAces
I'm all for believing what you want but what bothers me here is the fact that there are children subjected to believing the world is truly over...and thats simply wrong. While things are bad and seem to be getting worse day by day...I don't believe something like this should be thrown into peoples lives and doors. Nor should children be subjected to thinking that life is over for them here and they will be moving on shortly...

i dont really agree, if the situation was alittle more small scale, for instance if you lived near a volcano, would you shield people from the "bad news"

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join