It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take a look at this ad that was shoved through my front door this morning

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Holywar, I did not see even one child during 3 days of hosting JW for this covention. I suppose they could have been there and somehow I managed to not see one, ours is one of the larger hotels though, out of 80 or so rooms you would think I would have seen at least one kid, or teen. I dunno.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
They are admired for their tenacity for spreading their word and many
a priest and reverend might wonder why their sheep don't do the same.
But there is no escape for them when they find out they have to go
to some place in Africa to escape the end.
Yeah just ask a few questions to them when they stop by.
I hope to be in heaven or going there when the earth falls apart
so going any place in particular does not seem to be in my religion.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

Interesting, I have never heard them mention this. Maybe it just never came up in conversation or they are keeping this hush hush. What gets me is they "know" the world changes are going to happen and that a heaven on Earth will be created but they never approach anything on the astral level. In fact they are dead against it and would link it with necromancy as far as I know. Makes me wonder it really does.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

Yes but volcanoes are real

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic23

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

Interesting, I have never heard them mention this. Maybe it just never came up in conversation or they are keeping this hush hush. What gets me is they "know" the world changes are going to happen and that a heaven on Earth will be created but they never approach anything on the astral level. In fact they are dead against it and would link it with necromancy as far as I know. Makes me wonder it really does.

Yeah that's what I got.
This was a very talkative young man with a black briefcase.
There heaven is here on Earth place.
My mind said whaa? with a kind of mental shock.
So I had to ask.
As far as I can recall heaven is in Africa.
But people are happy in their own minds, and perhaps not fully conscious
as my teachers in school were always asking me, and want to love people
and are easily approachable.
And tend to listen to speakers.
The mouth pieces.
God bless them, that's all I can say.
As the saying goes, good luck cause your gonna need it.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I have asked several of my co workers, along with other employees that I am in regular touch with at other hotels, no one else saw any children or teens at these conventions either. Holywar, are you saying that they came or come with you????

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Although I understand the concept that children should be left to get on with childhood but is it any worse then the school systems?

I know one JW family and their boy is just a regular kid who goes to school and likes skateboarding. I would also point out that looking into that kind of stuff can free us of a lot of anxieties, I used to worry about death a bit as a kid, because things we know nothing about are pretty scary.

Its not like that sect that has kids holding "god hates fags" banners and such.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Well, firstly, the "end of the world" is not going to be what the modern imagination has contrived. That is the most important thing for anyone to realize.

Secondly, the original hebrew scriptures do not speak of an "end of the world" at all. Instead it speaks of the "end of the age," which is an entirely different issue all together. That is the second most important thing to keep in mind.

Thirdly, while JW's are not entirely wrong, they certainly have a skewed theology. I would take any bit of literature from any institutionalized religion with a grain of salt. Study and make up your own mind as to what is true; do not allow others to make your mind up for you.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Do you live in a retirement community? I always see Witnesses with there children.

www.wptv.com...@wptv.dayport.com&navCatId=3

Also they believe in the earth being restored by God to a paradise and wiped clean of all wicked influences, their hope is earthly. Personally i think i would be more likely to believe that than Aliens coming to save the earth and the good people on it.

www.watchtower.org...

[edit on 23-6-2009 by The Great Day]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I must say that this thread is not a very good example of denying ignorance. But who am I to say. I take a very irreverent, cynical, pretty much blasphemous stance on just about everything too.

I find it remarkable though, that I offered to field questions about this organization and its beliefs from the point-of-view of an established ATS member, and instead of a single response, people would rather brag about the clever ways they have thought of to keep JWs from knocking on their door. These methods always involve coming to the door naked, and are ALWAYS delivered as if the idea is entirely unique and heretofore unheard of.

So I post saying that all you have to do is ask them not to knock on your door again, which is backed up by an ATS member who is an active JW, and still, bandwidth is being wasted on alternative, "sure-fire" methods of getting them to stop.

So obviously, some people would rather go out of their way to be offensive than to simply ask someone to leave them alone. I can dig it. I became a hardcore punk rocker after leaving the JWs. I still consider myself to be subversive and shady. And still to this day I can be downright offensive.

When it comes right down to it, I'd be willing to bet that not a SINGLE ONE of you who have made such a claim have the stones to answer your door in the nude.

Did you come to ATS to learn something? I didn't think so.

Spacecadet: I'm not sure why you haven't seen children or teens - I can only assume it's a regional thing. The organization is very family oriented; I was taken to every convention that my congregation was expected to attend, and there were kids galore. I lived in Tucson and Phoenix during the 70s/80s and the conventions were attended by people of every race and nationality, and every age. If I had to estimate, I'd say that the demographic that was the thinnest would be people in their 20s.

I'll say again: I learned quite a bit being raised as a JW. I just think that a lot of their ideals are based on misinterpretations, and these misinterpretations may or may not be accidental. Organizations have agendas. The Watchtower, Bible & Tract Society is a corporation who's owners are not members of the religion. This is just one thing I find questionable about them.

I am not here to defend them, but I will correct someone if they say something that I know isn't true. Do you really want to know what they believe? Ask Holywar. Or if you don't want to talk to an active member, ask me - I'm heathen like you.

They DO NOT believe in "hell", and their publications are FREE. They do not pass a collection plate. They DO believe that all righteous people (read: active members) will inherit the earth and immortality, and after 1000 years paradise will be restored, while 144,000 "anointed" JWs will become a heavenly ruling class.

But if you just wanna exchange stories about answering the door nude - go right ahead - you're doing an awesome job of representing.

[edit - grammar]

[edit on 6/23/2009 by Teratoma]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
JWs' purpose is to get as many people as possible to join their crowd, raise lots of money for their clergy to live on, and control the contributors. To learn how they really behave, just google ex-JWs' website, and the ones who manage to get away will tell you their shocking stories. Also, their founder, CT Russell, was predictably a freemason. He was instructed to start a new religion to give people the impression that they had 'freedom of worship' and choice. Russel arranged to have himself ritually killed on on a Hallow'een night. Some people refer to JW as a cult.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The best way to learn who JWs really are is to go to an ex-JW website, where you will see how JWs are coerced, controlled and lied to by their leaders.
They have in the past predicted the world ending 3 times: in 1975, 1977 and 1999. Each time, their followers left their jobs, sold their homes etc all in anticipation of the new and better world. They always woke up disappointed, broke and homeless.
They are all forced to go out and get new people to join, in order to raise money for their clergy and their headquarters. They are marked according to the number of converts they bring in.
The founder of JWs, CT Russell, was, predictably, a freemason, an illuminati, who founded the 'religion' to give the sheeple the impression that they had 'freedom of worship' and choice. He had himself ritually killed on Hallow'een's night.
I have quite a lot of family who are JW, and I feel sorry for them, swallowing such obvious hogwash. I can only hope that one day they will wake up.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sillyboystrucksare4girls

Accually, they do not get paid for covering neighbourhoods nor do the 'priests'/speakers get paid. They do not take in any money, the books and bibles are free as far as I know if you want to donate towards taking a book/bible it is totaly up to you. Just clearing that up.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I grew up as a Jehova's whitness and but left it the moment I got a chance and when I was old enough due to the fact that I was forced to go and was not allowed to mingle with 'worldly people'. Thus was not allowed to sit in on assembly at school, nor was I allowed to sing the school anthem or sleep over at friends houses. I simply will not be forced to follow something I am not passionate about.

They are basicly christian with a few differences,

1. They do not celebrate birthdays,because Jesus never celebrated his and the first recorded birthday in the bible happened to be John the baptist's head on a plate.

2. They do not celebrate Christmass because the date of Jesus's birth cannot be confirmed.

3. They do not believe in a trinity. They believe that God, Jesus are two seperate people. (Not God reincarnating himself as Jesus.)

4. They believe God has A name which is Jehova. (This is in fact true if you've ever read the bible)

If I may ad- They go door to door because in the Bible(I would have to look up the scripture)it states that we must preach the word of God door to door to our brothers and sisters.

These are the difference between Cristians and Jehova's whitnesses. Not that outragious if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Teratoma

Thanks for that. I too grew up as a JW and left. I agree with you completely.. I too am not defending them but will correct lies if need be. Cant help it, I wish I could just ignore the lies and made up stories I see somethimes but I cant.
We have enough bs in this world that we call ATS..

P.S did you ever wish you could eat the bread instead of just pasing it?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Go to a Ex-JW site for "information" on JW's????????

Ummmm, you can do that if you want, but please remember you are going to read a lot of BS! I'm not saying we are perfect, but a lot of these sites are drenched with down right lies and half truths.

I am an active JW. I converted in my early 20's. I consider my self a pretty smart person (in a worldly sense), I've been around, in EVERY sense of the word.

What I am trying to say is that I would NEVER follow something, including a religion, blindly. My decision to convert was a very informed one.

All this CRAP about C.T. Russell being a mason is a big lie. And I can prove it!

If you go to BTS, there are several active threads on JW's, look for my ("holywar") posts, I have posted many, many links to sites and videos that debunk all the FALSE accusations made against us.

We LOVE God, we LOVE people, we LOVE the Bible. And all we want is to help people understand the Bible, and understand what the future holds for the human race.

For all you ex-jw on ATS. PLEASE attend at least ONE day of this years convention... you won't regret it!

LOVE and PEACE
Maribel

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cathedral
reply to post by miriam0566

Yes but volcanoes are real

just because a person says that a volcano will blow doesnt mean that it will happen. there is a certain amount of belief and faith involved.

just because you dont believe it will happen, doesnt mean that a person should shut up about it

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by uzzzy
JWs' purpose is to get as many people as possible to join their crowd, raise lots of money for their clergy to live on, and control the contributors.

you apparently know NOTHING about JW's if your saying that.

To learn how they really behave, just google ex-JWs' website, and the ones who manage to get away will tell you their shocking stories.

while your at it, you can apply this advice to other parts of your life. like before marrying someone, talk to their ex's. maybe they will give you all their shocking stories.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teratoma
I'll say again: I learned quite a bit being raised as a JW. I just think that a lot of their ideals are based on misinterpretations, and these misinterpretations may or may not be accidental. Organizations have agendas. The Watchtower, Bible & Tract Society is a corporation who's owners are not members of the religion. This is just one thing I find questionable about them.

I was talking to a JW and I didnt make anything of it at the time but she mentioned going to their printworks. She talked about them as though they werent part of their system. Of course I didnt exepect everyone that works in such a massive factory to be JW but as far as I could assertain none of the people there were JW.

Can I ask you and Holywar if you have any idea why this would be the case? And where does the money for printing come from, this is even more relevant considering the company is not directly linked. Also do you know if the company prints for any other organisations or spiritual movements?

Also you said that was just one of the things that gve you cause to be suspicious, could you explain what the others are?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFOTECH
You been door spammed by the Jehovah's Witnesses. I would say this happens with fair regularity across the nation and in fact the world. These folks really get around.

Hmmmm.... "spam"med by Jehovah's witnesses with the end of the world pamphlets...coincidence?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join