It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unveiling! Arc of the Covenant - Ethiopia. Surprised?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Billy t Hill
I did a Google on Ark of the Covenant unveiled. Quite a few people have claimed to be doing just that on various dates recently. This was supposed to have happened yesterday and so far, nada. God seems to have remarkably lax time keeping methinks. I'm off to watch Raiders of the Lost Ark instead.

As I understood it, the Pope got brought into the discussion yesterday. They didn't say when we get to see it yet.

But I'm with those that are guessing - if it is now - it's the solstice. But these monk types can be very patient... maybe 2012
more people need to be ready.

some might say that for instance ATSers can get ready faster than yuppies

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Laws of god are locked away in a box, which is located in our heads. Though the book says you shouldn't open it, I think you should, and re-read those laws, start actually respecting them and you'll enjoy many special powers.

Seriously though (as if you'd really respect them), I wonder what would our christian religious leaders say if one entire nation claims it has the arc. Maybe we start writing more tales about it and holy grail, to entertain future-humans and leave them in mystery

That, OR, someone just can't resist and opens it in 1012 and we all get incinerated. And then some alien space-reptile-chicken dude on planet G5 says "HA! I TOLD YOU THEY'LL OPEN IT, NOW GIMME THAT 10 SPACE-DOLLARS!!
".

[edit on 18-6-2009 by SassyCat]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by adrenochrome
i agree with those that wonder if it's just another copy... in doing so, they can feed us all the disinformation they want!

how are we to know what the real Ark looks like?? i bet you this, however, that it's just going to be some ancient relic made out of gold, and they will say its powers are only a myth...

...the perfect plan to hide the true version which actually has powers unthinkable...

than again, how would i know what the heck the Ark really does?

by the way, i've heard that the true Ark is really on the Moon, being held there for safekeeping so us savages on planet Earth can't get to it...

i've also heard that the U.S. is building an exact replica of it so we can have one, and it may utilize Looking Glass Technology...

OR, it could be such a thing as Dan Burisch describes in one of his interviews:

K: OK. Was this what you called the Ark?

D: Yes. Yeah.

K: OK. Which, from what I understand, used to exist here on the planet.

D: Well, in several pieces.

K: Right. OK. So they took it up to the Moon somehow.

D: Yeah. It was assembled and it ...

K: Did they use a Stargate?

D: No. No. That was going ... In fact they were building equipment up north from here and they ended up getting it about three-quarters of the way built. I actually told Bill Hamilton about this when we were walking on the Jeep Road out on Frenchman Mountain one night. “Well, where's it gonna go?” I looked like that [makes face] and kind of pointed up and there the orb was setting. And he says, “Ah.”

K: OK. But you call it an Ark. Is this something ...

D: Well, it's a nickname for it.

K: But it sounds like it's going to save creatures.

D: It's got genetic and tissue and other products.

K: From us?

D: Yes.

K: OK. Other creatures on the planet as ...?

D: Oh yes, yes. A very good biodiversity, yes.

K: I see. And it's sitting on the Moon in case there's something very bad that happens down here. Is that the idea?

projectcamelot.org...

...but who really knows anyway???

[edit on 18-6-2009 by adrenochrome]

whoa well - the moon's nice. smiling man and bunny etc. Don't know if I want earthlife to move there yet. tho.

I have no trouble believing that the arc is alien super tech.

or a super power source

or a "life preserver" of some form

or all of the above. actually - all would be cool and helpful.

Wish I could talk to one of those monks - don't you.

One thing is for sure, it has power. Because what ever it is is can blind you and that's got to make people curious. And with all the wars and dictators and metaphysical leaders (including Hitler) nobody's black ops have ever managed to just go storm that little church and grab the thing. just to check it out.

that's a power - of some sort - right there.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
I think i heard Graham Hancock talk of this once.

He said it was true too and that he met the guardian of the Ark and this man had cataracts and was failing illness due to the Arks powers.

Then when he went back a while later that man had died and another had teken his place. This man also had cataracts and was dying.

They said it was the price they had to pay to guard the Ark.

I've read somewhere that it is radio active. This could very well be the cause of illness. The blindness would obviously come from it somehow being very bright. Just like you're not supposed to look directly at a nuclear blast even from miles away or you will go blind.

I'll try to find where I read about the radioactive properties of the ark.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
And I thought it was over. So now they are going to rebuild the temple. There will be an anti-Christ effecting the masses.. Cool. Then the decision has been made. It's going to happen in the Earth. Not the way I was hoping. Back to work.

Thank you.

No consequencE..

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by trusername

Originally posted by adrenochrome
i agree with those that wonder if it's just another copy... in doing so, they can feed us all the disinformation they want!

K: OK. But you call it an Ark. Is this something ...

D: Well, it's a nickname for it.

K: But it sounds like it's going to save creatures.

D: It's got genetic and tissue and other products.

K: From us?

K: OK. Other creatures on the planet as ...?

D: Oh yes, yes. A very good biodiversity, yes.

K: I see. And it's sitting on the Moon in case there's something very bad that happens down here. Is that the idea?

projectcamelot.org...

It's also possible that the monks are going blind - in a sort of blind faith. And maybe the real arc was stolen or swapped and they didn't know it. (and it was sent to the moon etc.)

I love it that they're called the Keepers. it's so Priory of Sion and davinci code

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I don't understand, as it seems that it is a well-known story that the ark is there and that he only intends to once again share this story and claim. I did not see anything that said that the Ark would be revealed and shown to the world and be made available for photographing, etc.

Perhaps I missed something, but it just seems he wants to "Tell the secret... the world the truth.." and not do a show AND tell.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Some people are confusing the Arc of the Covenant with Noah's Ark. Two separate things.

Noah made a big ass boat.

The Arc of the Covenant is a box with rocks in it, that apparently was a direct link to god.

And it's supposed to look like this...

hiswhisperings.files.wordpress.com...

[edit on 6/18/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Heck I would even be interested in seeing an exact replica even if it wasn't the real thing. Of course how would I know it's a replica and not just completely made up

Haven't figuerd out how to upload a pic into a thread yet, but if you google pics of king tuts tomb/treasures you will see an original ark that was entombed with him.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Some people are confusing the Arc of the Covenant with Noah's Ark. Two separate things.

Noah made a big ass boat.

The Arc of the Covenant is a box with rocks in it, that apparently was a direct link to god.

And it's supposed to look like this...

hiswhisperings.files.wordpress.com...

[edit on 6/18/2009 by whatukno]

big ass boat
I love it!

but... I think people are wondering why a box with rocks would also be called an arc.

as in why not the Box of the Covenant.

or more elegantly...

The Case of the Covenant ... maybe too sherlock holmes

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by trusername

Lawrence Gardener has written a fascinating book on the subject of the lost ark and it's purpose.

For those who would seek definitions of the word Ark he goes into a great deal of detail.

I found this to be a remarkable book along with graham hancocks contribution.

I've yet to come across these in PDF online but I highly recommend anyone that is interested in the subject buy a copy used and enjoy the read.

Here's a clip of Gardener discussing what he believes is the purpose of the Ark .

Nevertheless I still think this "Ark to be reveald" is nothing but a scam to try an keep ethopia on the map and grab some easy cash .

Google Video Link

[edit on 18-6-2009 by moocowman]

[edit on 18-6-2009 by moocowman]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by jjkenobi

Heck I would even be interested in seeing an exact replica even if it wasn't the real thing. Of course how would I know it's a replica and not just completely made up

Haven't figuerd out how to upload a pic into a thread yet, but if you google pics of king tuts tomb/treasures you will see an original ark that was entombed with him.

Yes, I think they have these in many tombs. I mean if they have 30,000 in Ethiopia - one copy in every church, why not in the Egyptian tombs.

The point is Ethiopia proudly says these are 30,000 copies. As in these are cool - and the real one is ... too hot to handle. You can't even look at it so we'll let you look on this and just dream about what could be so amazing - you can't even look at it.

pretty cool.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

can you see the video? can you post the link too, when you get a chance?

not loading for me.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Yay - I can see google link now -

thanks!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Are there any other links or news stories on this? I think it is very suspicious and I can't see how they would verify this isn't just some copy of the original arc.

It sounds more like another story that gets picked up and just goes nowhere.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
To those of you that aren't sure about this, believe me, the Ethiopians are VERY sure about it. I've actually been to these places. Having spent 6 months of the last year over there, I got the privilege of seeing the famous Churches of Lalibela and all over Ethiopia. It is not a frail old man guarding the Ark in Axum. Actually it is a trained guard that has to be replaced every two years or so because the cataracts in their eyes get so bad from looking at The Ark that they go blind...all of them.

Belief is something so powerful we haven't even begun to understand it yet. But if you've ever read anything about the "power of attraction", I think that might be a good beginning to understanding how it works. I have a good experiment to try...Let's try to get as many people as we possibly can focused on the same thing (like in church), something positive (like an end to our greed inspired financial crisis) and see what happens. You know people can psycho-induce tumors and all other illnesses just by worrying about it. Lets try to do the opposite. What harm is there in believing in something, does it take away that "all powerful" feeling that so many of us have, feeling like there isn't information out there that we're not privy to? So lets all try to organize a "mass positive thought", maybe it will work...maybe it won't but scientifically, if we don't experiment there's no way to form a conclusion. What do you have to lose?

We live in such a distracting, self indulgent world. Talk about the "Mother of all conspiracies". What if we found out, the whole time it was as simple as DISTRACTION to keep us all from organized thought? All we can do is try!

T

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Colonel Forbin

Actually it is a trained guard that has to be replaced every two years or so because the cataracts in their eyes get so bad from looking at The Ark that they go blind...all of them.

Your mom warned you if you kept doing that you would go blind

Man I couldn't help it.

I dunno, from what I always understood, god took back the arc. Least that's what I thought.

I still find it hard to believe a box with rocks inside it is somehow a magical two way radio to the man upstairs.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
If it is the real ark then there won’t be any powers associated with it. According to the gospels the "veil" from the holy of holies was torn in that moment the presence of God left the ark. So that can't be the litmus test to its authenticity. Instead I find this a fascinating turn of events. Remember, you biblical scholars, the ark has to be returned to Israel in the ends times and placed in a newly built temple in Jerusalem. It will be fascinating to see if this is that first step to fulfillment of biblical prophecy concerning the rebuilding of Solomon’s temple.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
First off , great find !

Now , when is the Arc going to be unveiled to the world ? Will we all know the truth to this story sooner rather then later or will the process of unavailing the Arc be a long one , so long in fact that the story dies off before the goods are presented ?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Ok... so the Jewish rebuild the Temple of Solomon in Ethiopia, and call it a museum - containing the lost Arc of the Covenant. Everyone happy then?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join