It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unveiling! Arc of the Covenant - Ethiopia. Surprised?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
If the thing turns you blind why are we getting people that can see to watch it. Why not just get a blind person ?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
I am a fence sitter on belief in god. Just waiting for him to let me know he is real or not.

Anyway, If god is not real and this Arc story has any validity at all in history then it is MOST likely a very radioactive object either from earth or from space.

I truly hope they let us know and see it. Would be very nice to have some tangible truth of god. Anything more than ancient day raving words of men like David Koresh would do.

I find it odd that so many people in today's intelligent world can actually believe in the bible literally. It is actually kinda scary.

X

Why is it so "odd" to believe in Biblical material? It's not "odd" or "Scary" at all, and nor are really the texts either.
It's just ancient witness-accounts of Close Encounters of the third kind and its technology, that was described by the various biblical characters, using the best wordings they could describe it with at the time.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

It must be something about opening it. They bring the box out for a certain procession, but it is covered. The people watching the procession all know what it looks like, because there are 30,000 copies. But it must be something about the inside of the box - the must shine through - thus the covering - that is needing the Keepers.

That's one reason for not having 30,000 ten commandments. or 300,000 commandments
but of course, we have copies of the commandments already in the bibles and torahs etc. as well.

Plenty of styrofoam copies of the tablets as well in hollywood

It's just covered with a cloth thing it seems. Like a shroud or blanket but there must be some holy nicer name for it.

[edit on 6/18/2009 by trusername]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jatsc

Good point. As in, they must have to be able to see something as being part of the Keepers. Otherwise you could just have blind people do the job without further risk to their site.

Maybe what we should be looking at, isn't what is the story about the arc, but what is the job of the "keepers"

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It's actually very interesting that they go blind in just a couple of years, each one, and then replaced. I'm sure I read that over 10 years ago that it was longer then that. I wonder if it's getting "brighter"

might explain the "unveiling"

My daughter said it's like EVA in WALL-E - "directive"

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Personally I do believe that at one time there was the Ark of the Covenant. This Ark, though, was made of wood and overlaid with gold. This was made thousands of years ago. Wood products from that time period, unless they became petrified, would have long since rotted away into dust no matter how much care was taken.

The same goes for the Ark of Noah, which is even older than the Ark of the Covenant. Objects made of wood just do not last thousands of years. If either of these objects are "found", even as a Christian I would doubt their authenticity.

As for the shroud of Turin, even if the carbon dating or whatever method used were to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it came from the time of Jesus, this shroud came from a burial site where the men all looked relatively similar and were buried in the same fashion. All this is proof of is that there is some man shaped stain on a piece of cloth.

Christianity is about faith, not religious relics. As someone else said earlier, if you are a Christian and need proof - you should probably find another belief system.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by morgan04

Carbon dating is not a reliable source of info and should not be done on the Ark of the Covenant because it might damage it and carbon dating is not a good method.

Relating to the carbon dating of the Shroud of Turin

The carbon dating done in 1988 was found to be invalid. It turned out it was found the date of mold or dust that had fallen on it in 1350AD and not the fabric. The fabric was also tested for pollen and was found to have the pollen from flora which only grew in a restricted area of Jerusalem, and that pollen did carbon date back to the first century.

here it is

www.factsplusfacts.com...

shroudstory.com...

[edit on 6/18/2009 by Missing Blue Sky]

[edit on 6/18/2009 by Missing Blue Sky]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I don't believe this is the real Arc of the Covenant. This is Ethiopia we're talking about here. If there were even a small chance of this being the 'real' Arc, then a more powerful/religious based country (most likely England or America or even pirates from anywhere) would have already raided Ethiopia, massacred its tribesmen and priests and guards of the Arc and taken it for themselves. Ethiopia is not known for being a military power. What has kept anyone from just marching in (clandestinely) out of the sphere of media attention and just taken this Arc?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
You watch, it actually has some alien artifact inside it that was used as a tablet and is radiating massive amount of toxic radiation and that's what makes people go blind.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
I t will not be on live television will it? I don't want my face to melt off or have my head to explode, nor do I want the people I care about to have their faces melt or have their heads explode. Basically, I do not want to be involved with any face-melting or heads exploding.

I'll second your motion to not have peoples faces melt off or heads explode.
Don't you just hate it when that happens? I know I do.

This whole thing sounds pretty fishy to me in fact -
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6fc10a1021e4.gif[/atsimg]

If true this would be earth shaking news; literally

Source

I asked (His Holiness Abuna Paulos, patriarch of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church) if the ark in Ethiopia resembles the one described in the Bible: almost four feet long, just over two feet high and wide, surmounted by two winged cherubs facing each other across its heavy lid, forming the “mercy seat,” or footstool for the throne of God. Paulos shrugged. “Can you believe that even though I’m head of the Ethiopian church, I’m still forbidden from seeing it?” he said. “The guardian of the ark is the only person on earth who has that peerless honor…”

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3248a834e287.jpg[/atsimg]

Axum is truly ancient, being the birthplace of the Queen of Sheba, resting place of the Ark of the Covenant (allegedly) and capital of the mighty Axumite Kingdom that dominated much of north africa, vying for power with the romans and greeks before them.
Link to source.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jatsc
If the thing turns you blind why are we getting people that can see to watch it. Why not just get a blind person ?

Sorry. Can't help it.

Blind observers are pretty useful.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seabisquit

The ark was delivered to Ethiopia by Solomons own son....and because of this it was not pillaged when the temple was destroyed in 44AD. The world would be wise to thank Ethiopia for being such good caretakers of the ark. There is a millennial secret that is to be revealed...and the Ethiopians have held this secret honorably.

The poor will always be with us...faith has nothing to do with wealth and comfort, it is all about the life after this one. The truly faithful pray for humility and suffering. The truly faithful pray to be made worthy by being purified in the fire. Modern day christian evangelism does not apply here. No praying for wealth, food, comfort or peace...because none of these things really matter in the long run. Faith means you pray to be guided to do God's will. Hope is the desire for Heaven and Love is the desire for others to attain heaven.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Just a note on the video that was posted with Laurence Gardner. Take anything he says with a grain of salt as he's a known Knight Templar of St Anthony, and by his own words a satanist.

In commenting on the Judeo-Christian concept of Satan/Lucifer as the great Adversary of God and man, Gardner claims that this is a spurious theological invention created to help intimidate and subjugate early Christians under the domination of the Roman Church. For Gardner, the serpent-god Enki [Satan] was mankind's original creator, our most important teacher, our protector against the animosity of Enlil/YHWH, and essentially "a true champion of mankind."

www.redmoonrising.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
Just a note on the video that was posted with Laurence Gardner. Take anything he says with a grain of salt as he's a known Knight Templar of St Anthony, and by his own words a satanist.

In commenting on the Judeo-Christian concept of Satan/Lucifer as the great Adversary of God and man, Gardner claims that this is a spurious theological invention created to help intimidate and subjugate early Christians under the domination of the Roman Church. For Gardner, the serpent-god Enki [Satan] was mankind's original creator, our most important teacher, our protector against the animosity of Enlil/YHWH, and essentially "a true champion of mankind."

www.redmoonrising.com...

Actually, if one studies the original, Sumerian texts of Creation, that are THOUSANDS of years older then the Bible, one will easily find that the above quoted statements are quite accurate, either some people wants it to be or not.

Enki was indeed written as the Creator of "modern" Man, and also as being the protector of the Creation.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Nightchild]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx

Originally posted by wayno
. . .

No end times here; just another chapter in a very old story.

But therein, you are wrong.

In order for the Antichrist to desecrate the temple, there has to be a temple. The Jewish people can't build a temple without the ark.

If the story is true, and they do have the ark, that would be the green light for the temple, meaning that the end times are now.

[edit on 18/6/2009 by xxpigxx]

They also have to reinstate animal sacrifices, and the Sanhedrin have to retrain the temple's levite priests.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by desertdreamer]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Missing Blue Sky

Carbon dating is not a reliable source of info and should not be done on the Ark of the Covenant because it might damage it and carbon dating is not a good method.

Not to mention, if it is the true Ark of the Covenant who would be the one to take a sample for carbon dating. The true Ark cannot be touched by anyone but the Levite priests.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jatsc

This makes perfect sense to me!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Missing Blue Sky
reply to post by morgan04

Carbon dating is not a reliable source of info ....

... and that pollen did carbon date back to the first century.

]

So which is it?
Unreliable, so the second part of the quote doesn't stand, or reliable, so the first part of the quote doesn't stand?

Personally, I find it reliable up to c. 50 000 years, and then you need to employ other radiometric dating techniques.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Usually, I'm cynical about these things. You'd think that this would be all over the papers and the news. But if they do broadcast the opening, I am NOT watching that tv
. I like my face non-melty and attached to my head.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I think the article lost credibility the moment it states that they're going to put the ark on display at a museum. Well that, and the statement that apparently after just meeting a journalist in Ethiopia, he decided to open up about it. I mean come on people, this is supposed to be the friggin ark of the covenant! Would they honestly be so dumb as to put it on display so it can now be easier to find and rob? Also, this isn't the first time I've actually heard about this. I saw this in a Discovery channel documentary, and yes, it was the same thing, that it's in Ethiopia, and only one person has been allowed to guard it yadda yadda yadda. Sorry, but I have serious doubts about the legitimacy of the people in this article.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join