It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unveiling! Arc of the Covenant - Ethiopia. Surprised?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by desertdreamer
My gut feeling is that when it is time for the Ark to be revealed, GOD will do it.....not some monk from Ethiopia.

And what if G-d is doing it through this "monk" from Ethiopia, too unfitting of your outlook of whom G-d should do his workings through? G-d doesn't look pride you know, so you should probably destroy yours.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott

I, for one, don't want it tested. Science made mistakes testing the shroud of Turin, and told the world it was fake. They were wrong, and it's been proven to be real since then. Heard about it? Probably not. First press gets the people the information, later corrections seem to never make it to the people.

Not to go off topic, but regarding your comment that the Shroud has been proven to be real-

This is not quite correct. It was pretty definitively proven that the carbon dating that had been done was inaccurate. However, this is a long way from saying that the Shroud is "proven" to be the burial cloth of the Jesus. I'm not saying that it is not- Just saying that it is still open for debate and should be investigated more.

As to the ark- Not sure how things will turn out here, but I would be willing to bet that there will not be any way of proving its' authenticity one way or the other.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
It's the 18th now, anyone heard anything? I haven't found anything yet.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk
What really interests me is where are they going to find a Levite priest? The only known Hebrews around are the tribe of Judah (Jews).

Ruben = Seminole Indians (Muskogee).
Simeon = Dominicans of Hispanola.
Levi = Haitians.
Judah = African Americans.
Dan = Cubans.
Naphtali = Argentineans & Chileans.
Gad = Native Americans.
Asher = Incas.
Issachar = Aztec Indians and other Mexicans.
Zebulon = Mayan Indians and other inhabitants of countries from Guatemala to Panama.
Ephraim & Manasseh = Taino & Boriqua Indians and other Puerto Ricans
Benjamin = Carribe, Cibao, Arrowack, and other inhabitants of Guyana and the West Indies.

Now you know exactly where to find the Levites.

Originally posted by fizzy1
I have known of this story for a long time and often wondered if it were true. It is very intriguing to say the least that there is the possibility the ark of the covenant still exists. I have seen a few stories done on this and i am of mixed feelings about it.

Some say the ark was not made of solid gold but rather of wood overlayed in gold as this would have been the most common materials available to the jews of that time. A item made of wood most certainly would not have survived the centuries. Of course if you are to believe the magical properties the ark holds as having the ability to level cities and mountains and such then who knows i suppose it could survive anything.

If the ark truly was taken by Menelek to ethiopia and has been there all this time then i agree that Israel is going to want it back. It has long been held as a theory that one of the signs of the end times will be the rebuilding of the Temple and the return of the ark to it.

Keep in mind the ark was never allowed to be looked upon but by certain people and even the area it was kept in was not allowed to be entered by gentiles. No it will most certainly NOT be allowed to be tested by anyone except someone from the jewish community in israel who can qualify it as authentic. It wont go through a media circus and be paraded around on TV. It was and will be kept hidden and away from prying eyes.

I doubt you will hear anymore on this seriously except what people have been hearing forever and thats more theories and speculations based upon the shroud of mystery always surrounding it. I do agree with something i read online called the sign and the seal where the author states that it is odd that the ark just came up missing without so much as a song or lamentation from the jewish people in writting as to its dissapearance. That is extremely odd to me and i had never before thought of it this way. The jews have tons of stories concerning their history such as their captivity in babylon and the destruction of jerusalem at the hands of invaders etc etc yet there is nothing more ever written about the greatest religious artifact to them they ever had. Thats really odd.

Seems to me to be a conspiracy here somewhere lol

[edit on 18-6-2009 by fizzy1]

What do you mean "want it back?"?
it's NOT Israel's own to have...

they are NOT the children of G-d,

they would probably burn if they ever touch the real ark of the covenant,
as any other gentile.

Read these links and educate yourself...if anything this belongs in the possession
of the children of Israel, read these links and understand what ISRAEL I'm talking about,
not the money-hoarding self-proclaimed Jews.

www.authenticjews.com

www.hebrewisraelites.org

www.angelfire.com...

www.israelitechat.com...

I'm not suprised so many false groups would want the ark of the covenant.

www.israelitechat.com...

[edit on 18-6-2009 by TravisYah]

[edit on 18-6-2009 by TravisYah]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
They should show what they claim to have to the whole world on CNN, and open the darn thing for all to see too.

Let the chips fall where they may and get it over with. The power of God unleashed can only accomplish God's will anyway. Who are we to suppress His will.

Many have prayed for eons of time that "His will be done on earth as it is in heaven." God answers prayers right?

If what we have on earth today is an answer to those prayers, then I hope I go to HELL.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
The bible seems to indicate that the Ark was designed to hold a powerful artifact called the Tetragrammaton - which the Jews will tell you simply means the four letter name of God. I think it more likely that the Tetragrammaton is in fact an alien artifact.

While the Ark itself may be revealed - I doubt the alien artifact inside will still be there. It supposedly allowed communication with 'the Most High' (the boss of the Gods) - and also could be used to divide water and other nifty applications.

If the Ark is revealed and the artifact IS inside - then we are likely to make contact with those who crafted mankind 'from the dust of the Earth'.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Amagnon]

That's an interesting theory. I've never thought of the contents being alien in nature. It is interesting that there are stories out there of ancient people encountering aliens and referring to them as "Gods". If what the Ark holds is indeed an alien artifact that blinds people who look at it, and burns them, then it sounds to me like we're going to have some blind people here when they reveal it. You KNOW some people are going to go open the thing up and look at it! Perhaps it would be a wise move to put on some welding goggles before opening it, just in case the contents emit some serious light (like looking at the sun would blind you). That said, do we even know whether or not the Ark was opened in order for these people to go blind (or is it a proximity thing)?

Either way, I also (as other commenters have posted) am intrigued by the timing of this release of the Ark into public again. Sure, there were lots of people who know about that very small church in Ethiopia, but the vast majority do not. If the contents does have some serious power, then it's entirely possible that opening it will be a beacon of some sort.

Imagine the lectures we'll all get from these aliens in just how we all managed to screw things up on this planet in such amazing proportions. Maybe we'll be able to ask them for an "upgrade" to the DNA sequence that prevents disease and illness. Perhaps we can ask for another upgrade that makes everyone be civil to one another. Those two would be some serious improvements.

I look forward to this happening. I have a suspicion that there's more to this than there seems. Hopefully it's real. Hopefully it's something spectacular. Time will tell.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
the ark is built within you.... it's not a damn archaeological artifact.

numba one world deception.. "the ark belongs outside of you"

oooh you learned that from watching Indiana Jones didn't you.

silly humans.

-

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by trusername

I'd like to read the article unfortunately I don't read Italian.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I travel to Ethiopia periodically (although I've never been to Axum) so I keep tabs on several news feeds coming from Ethiopian sources and have heard nothing from them on this topic. Many Ethiopians are devout Orthodox Christians and would be horrified at the idea of exposing the Ark to public view. It would be considered sacrelige. The article also mentions the "grandson of the Negus" which I find to be suspicious. There is not a whole lot of nostaglia for the emperial days. Also, ethnically, the Negus (and his grandson) would have been Amharic and the country is currently ruled by Tigrayans. Currently the Ethiopian Gov't seems to be in a foreign reserve crunch so I would not be surprised if they plan to open a new museum in Axum to increase tourism to the area. However, the bones of Lucy that are on display in the Ethiopian Nation Museum are not the original but are a copy. So I would also assume that they would not display the original artifact in Axum. Additionally, the "copies" that exist in each Orthodox Church in Ethiopia are usually tablet shaped, not box shaped suggesting that "Ark" in an Ethiopian cultural context refers to the contents and not the box itself.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
C.O.N..T.A.C.T God or man, You decide!

That is what i believe this will lead too, There is theory's that the Arc was a 2 way radio to God (was mentioned in Raiders).... Could be some truth too it...

S+F Great Thread!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I think i heard Graham Hancock talk of this once.

He said it was true too and that he met the guardian of the Ark and this man had cataracts and was failing illness due to the Arks powers.

Then when he went back a while later that man had died and another had teken his place. This man also had cataracts and was dying.

They said it was the price they had to pay to guard the Ark.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It is just Christian bullplop. There is no so-called "Arc of The Covinent".
The uber zealous Christians are just trying to controll the masses more with "proof". C'mon Christians, no one who's smart will buy that. 67% of the world wont believe you. So stop wasting everyones time.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
i agree with those that wonder if it's just another copy... in doing so, they can feed us all the disinformation they want!

how are we to know what the real Ark looks like?? i bet you this, however, that it's just going to be some ancient relic made out of gold, and they will say its powers are only a myth...

...the perfect plan to hide the true version which actually has powers unthinkable...

than again, how would i know what the heck the Ark really does?

by the way, i've heard that the true Ark is really on the Moon, being held there for safekeeping so us savages on planet Earth can't get to it...

i've also heard that the U.S. is building an exact replica of it so we can have one, and it may utilize Looking Glass Technology...

OR, it could be such a thing as Dan Burisch describes in one of his interviews:

K: OK. Was this what you called the Ark?

D: Yes. Yeah.

K: OK. Which, from what I understand, used to exist here on the planet.

D: Well, in several pieces.

K: Right. OK. So they took it up to the Moon somehow.

D: Yeah. It was assembled and it ...

K: Did they use a Stargate?

D: No. No. That was going ... In fact they were building equipment up north from here and they ended up getting it about three-quarters of the way built. I actually told Bill Hamilton about this when we were walking on the Jeep Road out on Frenchman Mountain one night. “Well, where's it gonna go?” I looked like that [makes face] and kind of pointed up and there the orb was setting. And he says, “Ah.”

K: OK. But you call it an Ark. Is this something ...

D: Well, it's a nickname for it.

K: But it sounds like it's going to save creatures.

D: It's got genetic and tissue and other products.

K: From us?

D: Yes.

K: OK. Other creatures on the planet as ...?

D: Oh yes, yes. A very good biodiversity, yes.

K: I see. And it's sitting on the Moon in case there's something very bad that happens down here. Is that the idea?

D: Yes.

projectcamelot.org...

...but who really knows anyway???

[edit on 18-6-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
reply to post by trusername

I'd like to read the article unfortunately I don't read Italian.

The first page of posts is the translation from Italian to English.

Thanks again to Clay

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by trusername

I wonder if they plan to unveil on the Summer Solstice?

It's about the right date - it sounds like.

Summer solstice is on June 21 at 5:46 pm Universal time. Whatever that means.

Here's something interesting...according to Evasius' thread on the time wave theory. something echoing the French revolution is supposed to happen on June 21st. Summer Solstice.

Kinda strange!

Edit to add my opinion on the matter:

I don't really think anyone will be revealing this ark. It wouldn't be wise at all to assume that people will just be amazed at it and leave it be. SOMEONE will want to get their grubby, greedy, power hungry little hands on it. And I don't think the keepers of the Ark (if it exists) will want to reveal it's existence or location for that very reason.

If they do wind up revealing it, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it up and mysteriously disappears within a short time thereafter.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by adrenochrome
i agree with those that wonder if it's just another copy... in doing so, they can feed us all the disinformation they want!

how are we to know what the real Ark looks like?? i bet you this, however, that it's just going to be some ancient relic made out of gold, and they will say its powers are only a myth...

...the perfect plan to hide the true version which actually has powers unthinkable...

than again, how would i know what the heck the Ark really does?

I was thinking we have a few scenarios here:

1) The real arc is BLINDINGLY authentic - so there won't be doubt in us.

2) This is the beginning of another world wide "quest" ... Fun I like that idea

3) This is a hoax (but 1 & 2 are still true) - I'd be a little surprised that they'd show everyone before everyone was aware there was a show.

4) This is just a hoax (and the arc is within)

I'm sure ATSers will come up with more scenarios... looking forward to hearing them

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Ooooo have another scenario.

5) Not everyone can see the difference from the authentic one and the copies.
hmmm that could be a dangerous scenario.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
interesting stuff. I'll believe it when i see it.

I saw a great documentary on the Ark's supposed 'home' in Ethiopia. Guarded for life by one monk, as I recall, who never leaves. If I can dig it up, I'll post the link. Very interesting.

We'll have to wait and see on this one, but I can't help being skeptical about the whole thing.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I did a Google on Ark of the Covenant unveiled. Quite a few people have claimed to be doing just that on various dates recently. This was supposed to have happened yesterday and so far, nada. God seems to have remarkably lax time keeping methinks. I'm off to watch Raiders of the Lost Ark instead.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I've heard about the Ethiopian conjecture for a while now. In fact, Chuck Missler just took a tour group to Ethiopia a month ago.

Many of us have heard of the belief that the Ark was taken to Ethiopia by Menelik I, the offspring of Solomon and the Queen of Sheba who, raised by priests until he was of age, and then leaving behind a replica, removed the Ark to separate it from Solomon's apostasy. (These ideas were developed by Graham Hancock in his book, The Sign and the Seal, and also popularized by Grant Jeffrey in some of his publications.) Emperor Haile Selassie has been regarded as the 225th descendant of Menelik, and these traditions continue to be embraced by the current leadership of the government of Ethiopia.

www.khouse.org...

I just thought of the ultimate test to see if its the real Ark.

Let Richard Dawkins touch it first and see what happens

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join