It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unveiling! Arc of the Covenant - Ethiopia. Surprised?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I believe the Vatican has a radio station. I'm trying to find out if they are talking about this there.

www.vatican.va...

my italian is sketchy so searching for the right words on google (since the Holy See hasn't seen to fixing it's Search link)

but maybe there are ATSers who can do it better? To see if the Ethiopian audience with the Pope did mention the Arc and it's secrets? and unveiling?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I find all of this to be a bit suspicious. For starters, I believe many of the ancient sacred texts were highly metaphorical and they outlined in simple terms the natural progression of mankind and how to break this cycle (through knowledge and the power of choice) in order to reach God which is in each and every one of us but transcends us all. I have a hard time believing that the Arc was indeed a physical object and all that.

I do have and open mind and for some reason find it possible that ancient civilizations before our recorded history may have been highly advanced before near-extinction. If this is the case, then much of religion can be explained and this Arc could actually be a nuclear (or other) energy device. If something like that were being passed to a primitive rebuilding race, then surely it must be protected because mankind would have made itself extinct in rather short order. Heck, in a speck of time - these last 50 years - we have had atomic and nuclear technology and look at how many times we have already nearly wiped the Earth clean of all life! Now that increasingly unstable countries are gaining nukes, what can we expect for the next 50 years? Anybody who has studied history knows that no country / ruling power lasts forever and they usually get rather desperate at the end. What happens when the US, Russia, China or any other nuclear superpower starts to decline?

Face it, as a whole, mankind is really stupid and we are lucky to be here today in the first place.

Anyway, my point is that I think this story is highly unlikely but if it is true then it is relating to an ancient technology of some sort. This rock we call Earth has been around a long time and many species have lived on it and gone extinct, it is arrogant (but possibly true) of us to assume that we are the highest level of intelligence that has ever walked the Earth. We need to keep open minds and accept reality for what it is. Maybe Hopi (and other ancient lore) is right and we are the 4th iteration of civilization on Earth nearing the end of our run only for a 5th iteration to begin. I find all of that coupled with collective consciousness much more likely than an alien artifact or ham radio to a guy named God.

Originally posted by Colonel Forbin
Belief is something so powerful we haven't even begun to understand it yet. But if you've ever read anything about the "power of attraction", I think that might be a good beginning to understanding how it works. I have a good experiment to try...Let's try to get as many people as we possibly can focused on the same thing (like in church), something positive (like an end to our greed inspired financial crisis) and see what happens.

Hmmm... great idea but I think this is where the whole argument breaks down. Wishing an end to a greed inspired financial crisis is a greedy act, is it not? That is like wishing the end to a hangover so you can go drinking again. How about instead we wish that we will all change to something more sustainable and less consumption-crazy? A society where not making enough money for a Mc Mansion and 2 cars is not a problem? Nah, too hard, let's just hope for big bank balances again. That's the ticket. God got on the nextel and told me so. I heard it on the bluetooth in my Escalade on my way to megachurch. lol

It is like the people in this thread basing their belief that this covenant cannot be in Ethiopia because of the famines and drought there. Surely if some major religious artifact were there then they would be prosperous beyond belief! That is the first thing ancient religious texts teach: the closer to God you are, the more earthly pleasures and better lifestyle you will get! That is why the uber-rich are always the happiest and at the most peace with themselves! It is the meek and humble that are the real bastards.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by nydsdan]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
[edit on 18-6-2009 by kettlebellysmith]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Larryman
Ok... so the Jewish rebuild the Temple of Solomon in Ethiopia, and call it a museum - containing the lost Arc of the Covenant. Everyone happy then?

Exactly!
Ethiopia, that has suffered from famine and drought and poverty and conflict, but revels in their belief of housing the Arc of the Covenant, suddenly shines on the world stage because interested people everywhere get to enjoy their treasure.

So, yeah, to some extent... I don't see any reason to doubt the possibility that maybe...

Everyone happy then

[edit on 6/18/2009 by trusername]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
So their history of piracy goes back further than was first thought.

If they want blessings in their land they will return it to Jeruselem where the new temple is to be built.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Killah29
It is just Christian bullplop. There is no so-called "Arc of The Covinent".
The uber zealous Christians are just trying to controll the masses more with "proof". C'mon Christians, no one who's smart will buy that. 67% of the world wont believe you. So stop wasting everyones time.

Don'cha just luv it? Everytime someone starts a discussion on the revelation or discovery of an artifact that might prove the existance of God and thus the validity of the Bible, the angry atheists crawl out of the wood work spouting their vitriuol.
If you can't ask an intelligent question, or add something substantial to the disucussion, why don't you go away.
There are plenty of skeptics in this thread, but they are at least keeping an open mind.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by kettlebellysmith]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I don't see why it's so hard to believe the Ark is in Ethiopia despite all the hard time Africa has had. God wants us to live Godly in an unGodly world and to do this you must be disconnected from the pleasures and distractions of the world, namely technology. Technology and distractions keep us from connecting to God. If you look at it from a spiritual and non-materialistic fashion, you can see exactly why Africa has gone through hardships, especially if you view continents as mystical / spiritual bodies and not just land masses.

Just why have places like North America prospered and Africa "suffered?"

And here you have the "modernized" world trying to "convert" places like Africa, or even Iran. When your eyes are opened you can see the real meaning to whats going on in those places and what is really taking place and it has nothing to do with "helping" or "aiding" those people.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This is such a load of nonsense. I bet all that will happen is they will hype it up and reveal some lame box thing that they will say is the covenant. Nobody will be allowed to examine or touch it because obviously they will die instantly.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by DraconianKing]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Isaiah 18

Woe to the land shadowed with buzzing wings,
Which is beyond the rivers of Ethiopia,
2 Which sends ambassadors by sea,
Even in vessels of reed on the waters, saying,
"Go, swift messengers, to a nation tall and smooth of skin,
To a people terrible from their beginning onward,
A nation powerful and treading down,
Whose land the rivers divide."

3 All inhabitants of the world and dwellers on the earth:
When he lifts up a banner on the mountains, you see it;
And when he blows a trumpet, you hear it.

4 For so the Lord said to me,
"I will take My rest,
And I will look from My dwelling place
Like clear heat in sunshine,
Like a cloud of dew in the heat of harvest."
5 For before the harvest, when the bud is perfect
And the sour grape is ripening in the flower,
He will both cut off the sprigs with pruning hooks
And take away and cut down the branches.
6 They will be left together for the mountain birds of prey
And for the beasts of the earth;
The birds of prey will summer on them,
And all the beasts of the earth will winter on them.

7 In that time a present will be brought to the Lord of hosts
From a people tall and smooth of skin,
And from a people terrible from their beginning onward,
A nation powerful and treading down,
Whose land the rivers divide--
To the place of the name of the Lord of hosts,
To Mount Zion.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
So....... if this turns out to be the real "Ark", what will it prove? That moses actually talked to aliens who claimed they where gods, because if the story is not B.S. thats obviously what happened. And if thats the case I do not see them releasing it anytime soon, because it could destroy religion as we know it, or at-least get the fence sitters off the fence.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
It looks like this story is spreading to a few blogs and what not across the web, although they are all referencing the same site we are.
www.google.com...=en&q=ark+of+the+covenant+unveiling&aq=f&oq=&aqi=&fp=_U39jl3k_hs

I don't know if any of you noticed but there was a video on the page with an interview from the Patriarch. The date it will be unveiled seems to be the 26th. Next week *fingers crossed* Unfortunately you'll have to speak Italian to understand the video

74.125.127.132...://www.adnkronos.com/IGN/Mediacenter/Video_News/%3Fid%3D3.0.3437775502&rurl=transla te.google.com&usg=ALkJrhhasT4jdEL8wD7bPP8gWFbV7HDuaQ

[edit on 18-6-2009 by asmall89]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I don't think we will see the Ark come out of hiding just yet. There are a few more steps to be put into place first but the time is near.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
A few pages back someone said that the arc was on the moon. and on ATS home page right now in top threads is this thread of unveiling arc and another thread on NASA plans to bomb moon.

I had to chuckle at myself when I thought... well - you all know what I thought ... cuz you're ATSers

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmall89
It looks like this story is spreading to a few blogs and what not across the web, although they are all referencing the same site we are.
www.google.com...=en&q=ark+of+the+covenant+unveiling&aq=f&oq=&aqi=&fp=_U39jl3k_hs

I don't know if any of you noticed but there was a video on the page with an interview from the Patriarch. The date it will be unveiled seems to be the 26th. Next week *fingers crossed* Unfortunately you'll have to speak Italian to understand the video

74.125.127.132...://www.adnkronos.com/IGN/Mediacenter/Video_News/%3Fid%3D3.0.3437775502&rurl=transla te.google.com&usg=ALkJrhhasT4jdEL8wD7bPP8gWFbV7HDuaQ

[edit on 18-6-2009 by asmall89]

If I could stomach watching FOX I'd bet that they have blogger reporters and that this would be right up their alley. Has anyone seen anything on it? Maybe it needs to reach a few more blogs. The thing is, I'd only like to see a video clip of Vatican or other Religious leader responses - cuz I'm not sure I'd get any more out of FOX coverage than the blogs otherwise.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
for my thinking the arc is a cosmic cell phone.....
if revield I would not think about the consenqenses.....will this be the enclosing of extra terristial life???..ore would it be a trigger for something greater.....we are approching june 21 solar top of the northern hemisfere...
exiting....

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by trusername

You know why we havnt seen the arc of the covenant?
Because God PROBABLY never appeared to Moses in a tornado of flame to carve out the 10 commandments.
Though its a very good story and one that controls a lot of people.
I dont think it takes God to tell us that stealing, killing, etc is bad, I already knew that...

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Odessy]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

oooo that would be cool.

Not just hot stuff... it's a hotline.

Hullo... ahem, (or amen) GOD speaking. How can I help you?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

It's awesome it doesn't take God to tell you not to.

But maybe not everyone (think wall street?) is so independently enlightened.

It's a stretch for me, as well, to believe the tornado of fire stuff. But I'm not against witnessing a convincing display if it's offered.
sounds cool.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I am a fence sitter on belief in god. Just waiting for him to let me know he is real or not.

Anyway, If god is not real and this Arc story has any validity at all in history then it is MOST likely a very radioactive object either from earth or from space.

I truly hope they let us know and see it. Would be very nice to have some tangible truth of god. Anything more than ancient day raving words of men like David Koresh would do.

I find it odd that so many people in today's intelligent world can actually believe in the bible literally. It is actually kinda scary.

X

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
It has been speculated for years that it has been in this little church in ethiopia. The history channel did a documentary about it a few years ago.

The easiest way to see if its real is if the 10 commandments is in it. After all the convenant is where it was held in.

No commandents, then no convenant.

They could have made replica commandments too though.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join