It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil Finds New Strain of H1N1 Virus--Worst-Case Scenario Becoming Real Now!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The worst-case scenario regarding the H1N1 Swine Flu virus may be doing just what many scientists forecasted, it has mutated.

Brazilian scientists have identified a new strain of the H1N1 virus after examining samples from a patient in Sao Paulo, their institute said Tuesday.
The variant has been called A/Sao Paulo/1454/H1N1 by the Adolfo Lutz Bacteriological Institute, which compared it with samples of the A(H1N1) swine flu from California.

The genetic sequence of the new sub-type of the H1N1 virus was isolated by a virology team lead by one of its researchers, Terezinha Maria de Paiva, the institute said in a statement.

The mutation comprised of alterations in the Hemagglutinin protein which allows the virus to infect new hosts, it said.
www.breitbart.com...

This is bad for two reasons:
1. Current vaccinations do not/would not include this new strain
2. It is yet to be determined just how deadly and lethal this new strain is to be

[edit on 16-6-2009 by MOFreemason]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
While I initially dismissed Swine Flu as another "story-of-the-month" for the mainstream media, I'm beginning to think Swine Flu may be more devastating than we all once thought.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It's kinda funny. The hype has died down but the infected numbers keep rising. Last i heard it was around 30,000 people infected.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Tartarspoon

15 June 2009 -- As of 17:00 GMT, 15 June 2009, 76 countries have officially reported 35, 928 cases of influenza A(H1N1) infection, including 163 deaths.
www.who.int...

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
not good! another article

LINK

There are fears that it could mutate into a deadly strain, much in the same way as the 1918 Spanish flu - also an A(H1N1) virus type - did when it killed tens of millions of people around the planet.

According to the WHO, 36,000 people in 76 countries have been infected with the H1N1 virus, causing 163 deaths.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
What should be of alert to everybody around the world, is that the Southern Hemisphere is just now beginning their fall season. Fall is typically when the flu virus resurfaces and becomes more intense. Scientists were waiting to see just what an impact it would have on the Southern Hemisphere for their fall season and then make recommendations for how the Northern Hemisphere should respond.

It's pretty early in fall...and now they've already found it mutated.

Not good.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

bah, more sensationalist h1n1 bandwagon hype

IMHO, the common flu mutates as it goes around the world each year and it is more deadly than h1n1, it kills the old, young and those with immune problems

h1n1 has barely made a dent compared to the constantly mutating seasonal flu

the only way I'd see real panic is if you dropped dead within a few hours or a few days, which is not the case

heck even montezuma's revenge is worse

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

warrenb--I can't argue with you that there was lots of hype about the intensity of the initial H1N1. Not very lethal at all.

I am curious to know, as this strain mutates, if it will become a more lethal strain. Time will tell, of course.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOFreemason

2. It is yet to be determined just how deadly and lethal this new strain is to be

If it's anything like the old strain, the mortality rate is very low, so I'm not the least bit concerned.

How many flu's have to hijack the news before people realize it's not that big a deal? Judging by the reaction of most ATSers, we'll see this hysteria (on ats) for years to come. Le sigh.

Edit to add: 15 June 2009 -- As of 17:00 GMT, 15 June 2009, 76 countries have officially reported 35, 928 cases of influenza A(H1N1) infection, including 163 deaths.

163 deaths out of 35,928 cases is a 0.454% mortality rate.

Guys, the world is really coming to an end! 0.454% of the population is going to die! We're dooooooooooooooooooomed!

[edit on 16-6-2009 by Kaytagg]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Most ATS'ers will agree the mortality rate is WAY low and certainly doesn't justify all the media attention it garnered.

But, we can't dismiss the potential actions that our US government is about to impose for a "nothing" flu strain. We all have to question, if it's nothing, then whey do anything at all?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I shouldn't but I'm laughing my arse off at the ill informed who comment without even having done any research.

Hype and not like the previous big one?
If you are not bothering to look into it more,then I pity your kin.

Do so and you will see that back then is as it is now.
Yes that includes people like you saying its not a big deal.

Could you handle the thoughts in your mind if you lost a child from it,knowing you could have done something?

Thoughts like:

"Sorry.Daddy/mummy didn't do the responsible thing as your parent and find out more about it"

You have time between now and the autumn.Use that time wisely and wether it happens or not,at least you would have done the right thing in taking precautions for the safety of your kin.

[edit on 16/6/09 by gallifreyan medic]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Yes the mortality rate is low now. But hang in there, the NWO secret labs are working around the clock to correct this. Baxter may have it any day now. sheesh.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Could it be possible that scientists are responsible for the mutation?

Scientists have mutated a protein of the H5N1 virus to identify changes which could make the virus capable of passing between humans, and create variants that could be used as pre-emptive vaccines.

The findings are reported by Yang Zhi-Yong and colleagues in the 10 August issue of Science.

The H5N1 virus causes avian influenza, or 'bird flu', which can occasionally be passed to humans. According to the World Health Organization, it has infected more than 300 people worldwide, of whom 192 had died by 25 July this year.

www.scidev.net...

I am no expert and don't even know if it is possible for scientist to do this. But from this article I came across seems like scientist can mutate a virus.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

But, we can't dismiss the potential actions that our US government is about to impose for a "nothing" flu strain. We all have to question, if it's nothing, then whey do anything at all?

The pharmaceutical companies will make a killing selling this bunk vaccine
and who pays for it? you and your tax dollars

nice way to squeeze cash out of people... force them to get vaccines

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
From the reports, this mutation is to the Hemmaglutinin, or HA, so named because it clumps red blood cells together.

This mutation affects only the species of animals and or cells it can infect.

For example, infecting the stomach, lungs or lymph, and/or infecting cats, dogs, horses, birds, cows.

This mutation *MAY* make it easier for the virus to jump from species to species, increasing the number of affected *AND/OR* it may limit the area most severely affected by the virus (digestive, lymphatic, respiratory systems).

As long as there is no major mutation in the N gene the frontline antivirals will still be effective.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It's not like the mortality rate is rising . . at least not in mexico,
but the us is another story. And this is in the summer.
You would need to be off your nut to think this is nothing to worry about.
I have younglings, I am concerned when the average age of those dying is between 8-19 years old.

Look at the CFR Death rate. Peter Osborn H1N1

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Yes, this swine flu MIGHT turn into something worse later on down the road but right now it is, and has been nothing to write home about. What gets me, is that there were fellow ATS folks writing in from Mexico saying the whole thing was being hyped and that it was no worse than a regular flu, not to worry, that the media was hyping it for some reason. These folks were completely ignored or chastised ( the reason I didn't waste my time writing in) by the very same people who pretend to deny ignorance. They wouldn't even consider what those people had to say, which turned out to be the truth.

It boggles the mind...

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Absum!
From a population control perspective that would be weeding, to kill the weed you need to kill the root and young people are the root.

It is indeed disconcerting that It is specifically targeted at the most important generation.

My belief is that this is an specially designed virus that did not come into being naturally, that it is a weaponized virus.

If the red blood cells are clumping together in this new mutation, what does it mean?

RouleauxRouleaux (singular is rouleau) are stacks of red blood cells which form because of the unique discoid shape of the cells in vertebrate body.

Rouleaux means blood coagulation resulting in blood clots. (source)

The flat surface of the discoid RBCs give them a large surface area to make contact and stick to each other; thus, forming a rouleux.

They occur when the plasma protein concentration is high, and because of them the ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) is also increased.

Conditions which do this include infections, inflammatory and connective tissue disorders, and cancers. It also occurs in diabetics and is one of the causative factors for microvascular occlusion in diabetic retinopathy.

Rouleaux formations are also adopted by spermatozoa as a means of cooperation between genetically similar gametocytes so as to improve reproductive success through enhanced motility and, therefore, fertilization capacity e.g. guinea pig.

So was this virus designed to raise the mortality rate by bringing the red blood cells closer together so it spreads faster?

This seems to be a new feature from the common flu. The victims from this new strain will be more prone to blood clots.

So you're sick, weakened, runny nose, sneezing (normal flu) and then you have an heart attack or a bloody hemmorage? (source)

The remedy(?) to Rouleaux is apparently substances that contain Albumin protiens (Latin: albus, white) refers generally to any protein with water solubility, which is moderately soluble in concentrated salt solutions, and experiences heat coagulation (protein denaturation).

Substances containing albumin, such as egg white, are called albuminoids. It has a molecular weight of about 65kD (65,000 Atomic mass units) and consists of 584 amino acids and contains no carbohydrate.

An Hemorrhagic flu...

Watch out.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by star in a jar]

[edit on 16-6-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

1. Current vaccinations do not/would not include this new strain

[edit on 16-6-2009 by MOFreemason]

Umm you should say that it may not even be deadly at all. Its this type of fear spreading that creates panic. Virus's by nature mutate. Its what they do. They mutate and do not always end up in worst case scenarios. Your way of thinking is to make people think the worst caseis GOING to happen instead of makinb it a possibility. It should be stated that "It is yet to be determined what effect this mutation will have if any on human beings"
Stop assuming that mutations WILL BE deadly. ALso what current vaccinations are there against swine flu?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Interesting. After having the flu, I Had a small stroke. Only 4 days after recovery. Makes one wonder. Now on these crappy blood thinners for the rest of my life.

Ama

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join