It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very strange "Ring" UFO sighting at King's Dominion Virginia!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

The link is not working

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
If it was a "smoke ring" there's many errors in this video that anyone can point our by doing a simple experiment at home. Make a fire in a barrel and water it down to produce "smoke" then continue to produce a smoke ring, once the smoke ring has been produced you will see it float up. But in this video the ring stays a constant shape. Regular "smoke rings" are going to expand outwards and become thinner the higher it goes up causing the smoke ring to become invisible.

Example 1:

Now you can see this smoke ring was produced by the Bocca Nuova crater.

Do you see how when the smoke ring is leaving the crater it's shape is not staying constant. This is due to the wind and air factors taking place.

Example 2 (Try this at home and observe):
www.youtube.com...

But in the video that the OP posted, this could very well be a UFO due to the following facts:

* Maintains constant "RING" shape. "IF" it was a "smoke ring" it would have a deformed shape not constant.

* It appears and disappears.

* The object seems to be a big of a "black" color. Normal smoke rings are "white" and would clearly disappear at it's altitude.

I'm a pilot and I've flown over many places and have never seen a "smoke ring" at such heights and this is clearly an object of some sort.. Smoke rings would disappear or vanish into the clouds.

Thank you for your time reading my post.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by xweaponx]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

Is this the one you mean: Ring UFO 1957. That is the video version of the incident I was trying to link to in my previous post.

Also see this one: Ring UFO

I can understand the man-made smoke rings, but it is worth more scrutiny to me when they are way up there, (nearly) perfectly circular, and they drift while maintaing the circular shape (2nd video). They last for seemingly way too long for a smoke ring.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xweaponx

Yes, it doesn't appear to have any of the properties of a smoke ring. The news comes on in 25 minutes...Hopefully that will clarify things.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

That is an interesting video, the latter one moreso. Never seen that before, nor heard of it.

And it does look remarkably like what the OP posted...

Hmmm.. !

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
From my point of view that is no smoke ring...... it keeps its shape way to well and is high enough in the air that it should be all over the shop....

Very interesting video indeed....

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
If its a smoke ring, why does it either "stay out of the cloud" or diffuse?

I wouldnt think it would go "solid" and then diffuse only to repeat.

I vote for cloak...albiet maybe someone forgot to adjust the dialithium crystal array!

Bad Klingons!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I've read about and seen more photographs of this type of "ufo" before.

It looks lke the clouds are going around it..it doesn't break up during this. Hopefully I can dig it up, but I saw a little documentary on these and someonetried to implicitly recreate this and from what I saw, they did a dern fine job.. but still couldn't "recreate"

The darkness of the rind( if it's a smoke ring) suggests that it's of a different composition. A volcano ride means chemicals are being used so a shape and constitution of a created ring wouldn't match the immediate environment.

Still.. it doesn't seem a smoke ring.

b

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I would say the object does not seem to act in a manner consistant to the way the clouds or fog is acting around it.

Unless there was some sort of magnetic force or other factor that caused it to defy the direction of the wind.

Likely?

It looks pretty solid to me, what sort of rides do they have there anyway

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Could be explained as a smoke ring but as something coming from a ride I dont know. It looks pretty otherworldly. I find it interesting that the craft in the 'Warpship' thread bears a passing resemblance to this.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This is not the first such ring posted to YouTube, and the last one was not stationary and moving, and recently the ones in London lost full cloak.

I am sure this cloaking energy is not perfect, and sometimes the intensity at the edge of the UFO is not blending right, maybe due to humidty or something.

Of course, since I am one of those crazy people who can call UFO's, my acceptance might tend to be on the UFO explanation versus a smoke ring, which is laughable at best.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mitman93

Originally posted by waveguide3
It looks like a smoke ring generated by one of those fairground contraptions. Do a search for 'smoke rings' on YouTube and you'll find lots of examples just like this.

WG3

Yeah, that's what a lot of people are saying. Someone at the park did say it could be from another ride...Oh well, looks like this mystery was solved as soon as it came up!

Thats a crock of # if I'e ever heard of it... No wonder people stay completey ignorant to the UFO phenomena. A smoke ring?A smoke ring would disolve into the thin air eventually. They dont stay in tact in a perfecty round circle lingering around in the same place as this does.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ls1cameric

Originally posted by mitman93

Originally posted by waveguide3
It looks like a smoke ring generated by one of those fairground contraptions. Do a search for 'smoke rings' on YouTube and you'll find lots of examples just like this.

WG3

Yeah, that's what a lot of people are saying. Someone at the park did say it could be from another ride...Oh well, looks like this mystery was solved as soon as it came up!

Thats a crock of # if I'e ever heard of it... No wonder people stay completey ignorant to the UFO phenomena. A smoke ring?A smoke ring would disolve into the thin air eventually. They dont stay in tact in a perfecty round circle lingering around in the same place as this does.

More a lack of common sense.

Isn't plain to see it's not a smoke ring?

How about this...
If it isn't a solid object floating in the air maybe it's a ring of metallic particles in the atmosphere attracted to, or around, some sort of magnetic phenomena.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
ive just put a few screens in photoshop and enhanced them a bit to see a clearer image of the object. It seems to me like it has no middle so i think its a smoke cloud.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by xweaponx
If it was a "smoke ring" there's many errors in this video that anyone can point our by doing a simple experiment at home. Make a fire in a barrel and water it down to produce "smoke" then continue to produce a smoke ring, once the smoke ring has been produced you will see it float up. But in this video the ring stays a constant shape. Regular "smoke rings" are going to expand outwards and become thinner the higher it goes up causing the smoke ring to become invisible.

Not if your ring is a lot bigger than the one you make with a small barrel. If the ring is big, then the small variations that wind cause are not going to be noticeable. (btw, summer in VA = less than 5mph winds, and KD only opens in summer. Winds in Bocca Nuova are much greater than that so for that case we can blame height, not to mention that the smoke from a volcano comes out at a great speed)

Anyways, the ring came from a ride called 'volcano'

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7be1c1ceab87.jpg[/atsimg]

I say that's somewhat bigger than your barrel, but not big enough to produce high winds

[edit on 16-6-2009 by daniel_g]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

Good work Spacemonkeys but wouldn't you expect to see the smoke ring move with the other mist/low level cloud we see?

Even if it was a fair bit higher than the lowest level cloud we see, it still holds shape for a good minute of footage.

It seems to me if it was a smoke ring it would have to be fairly high.
Maybe something we don't really perceive if it is really big?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Are you sure that the location of the volcano ride roughly matches the location of this video?

The ring looks a little too dark to be an Earthquake Cell Cloud Ring, but there is a resemblance..

What an Earthquake cell cloud ring might look like:

[edit on 16-6-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by daniel_g

Originally posted by xweaponx

Not if your ring is a lot bigger than the one you make with a small barrel. If the ring is big, then the small variations that wind cause are not going to be noticeable. (btw, summer in VA = less than 5mph winds, and KD only opens in summer)

The ring came from a ride called 'volcano'.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7be1c1ceab87.jpg[/atsimg]

I say that's somewhat bigger than your barrel

[edit on 16-6-2009 by daniel_g]

Good point but...your missing something. In the video the ring sticks out more and doesn't diffuse with the cloud.

Examples:
www.youtube.com...

and

www.youtube.com...

NOW.

www.youtube.com...

^^ You can see the "vapor" trail of the smoke following the ring which means this is a man made created ring from a barrel or your "volcano"... plus the ring does NOT keep a current ring shape, in the video the OP posted there is no visible vapor trail plus the ring sticks out of the clouds just like the two videos I posted above and that it maintains a consent RING shape.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by xweaponx]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by afaik

i do agree it is fairly odd to see a smoke ring that well preserved at cloud level however i dont have any knowledge of smoke clouds so im not entirely sure. The images shows that whatever it is it doesnt have a middle so i can only assume its a well preserved smoke ring.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join