It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very strange "Ring" UFO sighting at King's Dominion Virginia!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

The clouds are moving below and above the ring. Why doesn't the ring dissipate or at least change shape slightly with these movements?

By the looks of the first video in this thread (full screen), I didn't see any clouds under the ring.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
No way this is a smoke ring. I'm not implying it's "alien" either, but it is too perfect and too thick. There are also no vapor trails or vapor tentacles coming off of it. Not to mention I want to see a few pictures of other rings that this ride produces "all the time" as someone at the park stated. I guarantee you that you won't see any of those pictures, because they don't exist.

They HAVE to say it's from the ride, because saying anything else may scare off potential customers.

I wish people wouldn't dismiss events like this so much, for instance, in like the third post a guy goes, "Oh, they say it's from another ride, that closes it out for me!" WTF? Really, are you THAT EASY to convince? Wow.

Anyways, demand an explanation people, question authority !

[edit on 16-6-2009 by sniggitydiggity]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
you guys apparently haven't researched smoke rings before!

...it's something about the formation of a smoke ring that keeps it all together - here, watch this:

...and then watch these!

...it's something about the physics of it that makes it go on forever and ever!!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

This is where you start to find the disinfo agents. See who are the ones comming up with stupid theories to avoid the truth.
I agree that it is not a smoke ring . I feel that it is the real deal . Observing why we like to play maybe , thats why it is at the amusment park.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

I totally agree adrenochrome, and not just because im a huge HST fan either.

I think all the evidence points to natural atmospheric conditions could produce the perfect environment for these giant "smoke" or "cloud" rings. As much as i want to believe that they are a cloaked craft of alien or human origin... sadly i don't think they are

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
i dont think this ring was the product of a part of one of the rides as the news report thinks cause given the height of the rings and the height of the ride in the video.

here are some of pics i got which shows the relation of distance between the rides in the park, and after looking at the pictures, it doesnt look like the size of the ring and the size of the ride justifies that it is a part of another ride as the news report says.

and as far as smoke rings?? i dont think so, wouldnt smoke rings dissapate in the clouds or not be stationary?

park map (for ride names)(its called the drop tower)
park map

google map (ride in news video is tords center of screen with an arc of blue on the ground)
google maps

for refrence the Drop Tower is 272 feet tall
Drop Tower
and the huge wooden coaster called Rebel Yell is only 85 feet tall
Rebel Yell

so my final thoughts is that i dont think its a smoke ring, and i dont think its another part of a ride. looks like its some sort of UFO (alien or unexplained)

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I have been to K.D. and there is NO ride in the park or any machines around that park that could produce a "smoke" ring that big.....Sorry...I would love to say this is a smoke ring and chalk it up. I can say this, what ever it is didn't come from any area around that park if it drifted over the park from around 5 miles out then we might talk about it being a smoke ring. But there is NO ride that creates giant "F'ing" smoke rings in that park...

And REALLY people...lets just not even think out side the box....Light reflecting off swamp gas is more creative...

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Heres a few pictures of the coaster in question "volcano, the blast" including the fireball it blows out. I think in the right conditions this could blow a smoke ring capable of lasting a while much like the one the OP posted.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaFan

Quite honestly, I'm on the fence right now. As much as I'd like to believe it was a smoke ring...I can't shake the thought out of my mind that the ring is still COMPLETELY intact and hundreds of feet AWAY from the coaster. Plus, someone earlier had an excellent point. During the video you can clearly see that it's WINDY. Wouldn't the ring move AT ALL during all of this? Ugghh I just don't know anymore!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mitman93

It's a streetlight...

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mitman93
reply to post by TeslaFan

During the video you can clearly see that it's WINDY. Wouldn't the ring move AT ALL during all of this? Ugghh I just don't know anymore!

thats exactly what i was thinking. also the fact that on the google map picture, the volcano ride is a large distance away from the drop tower, so saying this wouldnt the "smoke ring" have to be like hundreds of feet in diameter??

ya i dont think so

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
yea c`mon honestly what ride gives off this sort of thing?????????? its def not a smoke ring. i think its definately a ufo of some kind just everyone likes to believe it isnt!!!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by brokenheadphonez
reply to post by mitman93

It's a streetlight...

Case closed!

Well, I have a feeling this one's going in the big book of unsolved mysteries... :\

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Hey,

My name is Clint Novak. I am a coaster geek and am at the park daily. I was at the park Saturday with a group of coaster friends because there was an event at the park we were taking place in.

We saw the smoke ring made Saturday. We watched it being made... We watched it rise in the air... We watched it disappear... It happens all the time. I would say on a clear calm day one or two smoke rings will go on for well over 20 minutes. Its not uncommon.

There is a roller coaster at the park called Volcano. It blasts short bursts of fire before the train launches. On perfect days the short blasts of fire create smoke rings. Most of the time they only last a few minutes before higher winds take them away. Then some times they travel higher and higher and get bigger and bigger.

I respect everyones views. I myself believe that we are not the only ones out here. But I can tell you as FACT, that the video taking is a smoke ring from the blast coaster, and not a UFO. There were 9 of us that watched the ring from the second it burst from the Volcano tell we could no longer see it any more.

The park issues statements to all the media saying its not a UFO but a smoke ring from the coaster... Coaster enthusiasts came are coming forward to say it happens all the time. Even employees say it happens all the time.

If you have any questions about the rings, feel free to email me at coasterclint@coastercrew.com

If you would like to see what other enthusiasts are saying about what everyone is saying check out this link. We are currently talking about how the media is going nuts with this story when there is no story.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

reply to post by refuse_orders

did no one look at the contents of these 2 posts?

that, to me, seems like it's the cause of the ring...

check out the videos i posted - especially the one that shows the smoke ring generator, and notice how one smoke ring even bounces off of the ground. also, look at the other video of the VOLCANO producing natural smoke rings...

...sure, i'd love to think that it's an alien spacecraft, but i just don't think that's the case here...

EDIT:
by the way, if the video showing the dolphins blowing bubble rings doesn't make you feel warm and fuzzy inside, then you're not human!

[edit on 16-6-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

This is a picture of the fire blast made by the ride. As you can see the blast is large and is perfect for making the smoke rings.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by clint novak

Thankyou Clint for your account, i think with your credentials a coaster enthusiast and being there on the day we can call this one case closed.

If anyone should be at the park on a still and warm day and should see the ride producing this amazing event take a pic/vid and post it so we all can see!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This is definately not a ring of smoke from a volcano ride. The ring seemed to be stationary while spinning. You would think a ring of smoke would dissipate after a couple of seconds, but this thing floats there without movement for a good minute or so, staying at the same altitude it seems.

I like how the second video gives an update on how the amusement park owners said that it had to do with another ride, and then that's it, not saying which ride or how the ring got there. Seems suspicious to me.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Smoke rings can't do this, smoke rings don't do that. Why not examine the evidence rather than guessing about the nature of smoke rings? The ring structure is stable because the smoke particles are contained within a rotating toroidal vortex of air. The toroid is rotating about its central circular axis and remains very stable even in a light breeze. Eventually the rotational energy dissipates and the structure collapses. Creating giant smoke rings is very easy and huge contraptions fuelled with diesel oil can be used. Similar rings are also created naturally from volcanic blow holes. These may be of smoke or steam. Mount Etna is well known for its steam rings. As I said at the start of the discussion, these smoke ring machines go around the country visiting fairs and festivals. YouTube has lots of videos demonstrating the phenomenon. Many look exactly like the one in the OP.

For example:

Smoke Rings 1

Smaoke Rings 2

Smoke Rings 3

There are lots more if you look for them.

WG3

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mookie89

They did say which ride, ive covered it and posted images in my previous post. Also Clint showed a pic of the ride.

reply to post by waveguide3

All of your videos show almost identical features to the OP's smoke ring, the first one check out 1:40. Yes they might not be as defined but surely the content of the fuels being burnt and the quality of the machine that produces them has an effect on how they look.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join