It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very strange "Ring" UFO sighting at King's Dominion Virginia!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
This does not look like a smoke ring. It totally looks like some kind of cloak. Photo cells on the bottom of the craft project light that is received from the top of the craft.The military has been playing around with this kind of technology for almost 20 years. I have no doubt this is one of ours.

Take notice of the shading of the ring. It is clearly darker on one side than the other. And you lose sight of the edge when the camera gets a different perspective which suggests that the bottom of the craft is flat and the sides have some thickness to them. You would not lose sight of the other side of the "smoke ring" by simply moving to another angle.

The smoke ring theory is not gonna work on this one

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Depending on atmospheric conditions, an Earthquake Cell Cloud Ring (Or ECCR) can persist in the atmosphere for as much as an hour, if not more - However they are easily dissapated. The theory is that the ECCR forms at a height in the atmosphere which is proportional to the depth of the epicenter of the EQ cell.

There has been a recent increase in solar activity recently after an especially deep Maunder minimum.

I've also noticed an increase in the frequency and intensity of seismic activity recently, which happens to coincide with the Sun's "wake 'n bake" (not a scientifical term yo!)..

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by xweaponx
^^ You can see the "vapor" trail of the smoke following the ring which means this is a man made created ring from a barrel or your "volcano"... plus the ring does NOT keep a current ring shape, in the video the OP posted there is no visible vapor trail plus the ring sticks out of the clouds just like the two videos I posted above and that it maintains a consent RING shape.

Sorry, you replied while I was editing.
In the edit I now mention that winds in VA, specially during summer, are not high at all(exept in the coast line, and in the far West because of the mountains. KD is kind of in the middle). That could be a factor as to why the ring does not *appear* to change shape rapidly.

Also, I don't expect to see a smoke trail on this one. The ring itself is hard enough to see because of the cloud cover! If it was a clear day then this would have been a valid point.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by daniel_g]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Wow, that doesn't really look like any smoke ring I've ever seen. Of course that doesn't mean that it isn't one... very interesting vid though, OP! I'm going to be watching this thread to see if there are any new developments.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Take a better look at the Youtube video. It looks like there are 2 smoke rings (if you count the dark one as a smoke ring that is). I've outlined them here:

i42.tinypic.com...

They do not look similar at all and the "second" smoke ring is a lot whiter and smoke-ring-like. Or is my mind playing tricks on me here?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
No recent seismic activity on USGS for that state, however an ECCR will develop well in advance of a seismic event. Either there will be a quake at that location, or the energy will be vented off to another "linked" EQ cell.

VA seems to be in an area of obvious seismic activity..

wiki: Virginia Seismic Zone

I bet there's a few people running around that area with seismic gear, today..

I believe that this might be natural phenomena. The "volcano" cloud seems darker, but we cannot be certain without piezoseismic equipment.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mitman93

It's not a smoke ring. It's too perfect. The ring is too thin and has well defined edges. A smoke ring of that size (partly behind clouds) would distort rapidly with the air currents.

Someone mentioned cloaking. I made some commentary about polymer vision technology earlier this year and not too many gave it much attention. I learned about polymer vision technology about 8 yrs ago. I tried to explain it to people and they thought it was impossible. It was introduced last year. Google it. You can make a vehicle blend into it's background by transmitting the background image onto the surface of the vehicle. Polymer vision technology allows TV screens to be as thin as a heavy grade piece of paper, and they roll up for easy carrying and storage.

Advanced polymer coatings are easily placed on the surface of aircraft. Several small flush mounted, hi resolution camera's record the crafts surroundings. The information is fed to a computer and sent to the advanced polymer which display an image of the crafts surroundings on the surface of the craft. Presto....the craft disappears into it's surroundings or back ground.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Yeah i know what you mean with the cloaking, thing is these smoke rings have been reported for over half a century.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Then who's cloaked "ship"? Was it? If visible, it'd probably have some sort of RADAR signature in some of the world's most heavily monitored airspace.

Russians? Romulans? gahaha! While the advanced polymer technology is impressive, I seriously doubt that the US would perform these tests over hugely populated areas until the technology has matured..

The ring, while rather intact - is not symmetrical at all. I will once again direct your attention to the could ring in this picture.

I believe that ECCR or smoke ring from the ride around the most plausible explanations at this point.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Well you asked for a opinion to what it might be so here i go.

The diameter of the ride that went up and drop's... look's extremely close to same size circle as in sky.

or i notice they do look like dot's thicker in one part of the circle.
Maybe just a weird bunch of bird's in a irregular formation.
and it look's windy..by the clouds moving so fast. so they wouldn't be moving but staying in place.

Defiantly not a smoke ring.
otherwise it is above that one cloud.
yet cloud move's and change's shape alot...the circle does not.
that is called impossible for smoke to hold a pattern in high wind when the cloud's that weight alot more could not hold shape and sit.

either way i don't think it alien.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I just found this image, its a "ring cloud", could the dark rings be the same type of thing at low altitude and very dense? Also is the ring just appearing dark on one side because of less light getting through due to the density of the moisture?

Here's another two just like one above.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mitman93
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

Hmm that is strange...You're right, how can it be a "normal" ring of smoke and yet stay in place, not expand, and keep a constant thickness?
Nothing in this adds up at all...

The amount of distortion for a smoke ring has a time and space scale, for example, the smoke ring may disipate a few centimeters per second.

If a smoke ring is a few hundred feet in diameter the distortion will only be visible if you zoom in close enough.

I don't know how big that park ride is or how it forms smoke rings, but my guess is that a smoke ring made by an object such as a park ride must be very large.

-rrr

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I contacted the Park and this is what they told me,

To Asala (Removed real name)

The rings seen over the park are from the Volcano “The Blast Coaster,” roller coaster. Before every coaster train launch, the mountain spews a 10-foot tall column of fire. Depending on the weather conditions this column of fire produces a smoke ring that can linger over the park for quite some time. Typically, on days with high humidity and no wind, are when these rings form and hang around.

If you are looking for more “eye-witness” accounts of these smoke rings roller coaster enthusiasts have been seeing these rings since the ride was opened in 1998. You can visit www.coastercrew.com or www.kdfansite.com to find some park enthusiasts that can confirm this process.

Thank you for you interest in Kings Dominion.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Seems about right, but the ring in question (the first one) seemed too light to be a result of smoke, but hey I'm no metoerologist!. Thanks for checkin, asala.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

The people at the park are dis-info agents. It's really a ship employing a cloaking device.
Advanced beings who have the technology to build interplanetary craft
often hover for hours above amusement parks in Virginia. They have nothing better to do.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It's definitely not a "smoke" or "cloud" ring.

There's a big difference in those referenced from Mt. Etna and the ring that appears int he video:

The still pics from Mt. Etna show that it was a fairly clear day with a minimal amount of wind. Also the ring is not perfectly symmetrical like the amusement park ring, though it's close.

The ring in the amusement park video stays perfectly symmetrical and stationary as clouds continue to move past in the foreground and the background - that's very important in dismissing this as "smoke" or "clouds".

I don't claim to know what it is, but I'm willing to bet my house that it's not caused by smoke or clouds.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by tyranny22]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3
It looks like a smoke ring generated by one of those fairground contraptions. Do a search for 'smoke rings' on YouTube and you'll find lots of examples just like this.

WG3

How does the white cloud move from right to left and pass through the ring then? Pay attention wind and cloud movements.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by jprophet420]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420

WG3

How does the white cloud move from right to left and pass through the ring then? Pay attention wind and cloud movements.

It's possible that the ring is BELOW the higher altitude cloud cover and air currents. Just because the clouds above the ring are moving doesn't mean that there is also wind at differing heights in the atmosphere.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

The clouds are moving below and above the ring. Why doesn't the ring dissipate or at least change shape slightly with these movements?

An isolated pocket of air? It's possible. It would have to be perfect conditions, but it's possible ... like the smoke ring pictures from Mt. Etna, but to have video tape of clouds moving in the foreground and background and have a single isolated pocket in which the ring happened to form and be videotaped ... the odds are just too great for me to buy into that.

Like I said, it's possible, but I wouldn't want to be the one to have to calculate the odds on that happening.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by lw2525
reply to post by asala

The people at the park are dis-info agents. It's really a ship employing a cloaking device.
Advanced beings who have the technology to build interplanetary craft
often hover for hours above amusement parks in Virginia. They have nothing better to do.

I'm not saying there right,

But its good to get all sides when trying to determine what something is or isn't,
Seek the truth... You can only achieve that when you pull all the pieces together,

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join