It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very strange "Ring" UFO sighting at King's Dominion Virginia!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I just moved to LA about a month ago, but before that I lived outside of DC my entire life, which is relatively close to Kings Dominion. Ive been to the park about 60-70 times in the last 10 years (volcano was built in 2000' I THINK), and have had season passes as well. This is a common occurrence with the Volcano ride though. A ride i have been on many times.

It is pretty strange that this specific ring looks very much like the others posted, and the wind seems to not have an effect on it.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Thanks for the picture asala.

That does look like what's left of a smoke ring, and we did already know that the Volcano produces smoke rings. We've had people in the thread professing to work for the King's Dominion park, claiming that this type of smoke rings are produced all the time, no biggy. We've had people online claiming to be witnesses of the incident, they watched the smoke ring emerge from the volcano, then hang there, etc.

In short, everything is lined up to discard this whole thing as nonsense.

Only... a few of us, who know laws of physics, ask ourselves how a smoke ring can just hang there for 60 seconds, a perfect circle with very fine edges and no smoke around it, a ring that does not brake up, that seems to hold its position, while the clouds around or above it move and transform, and the tree leaves below it flutter in the wind.

Let's say we're at an airport. Up in the sky we see a metallic object flying. We will assume that it's an airplane, because a) we're at a place were there are lots of airplanes of various shapes and kinds, and b) there are not that many options besides airplane. But if that object suddenly makes a 90º turn and shoots up in space, we'll go "Hey, what was that?"

Because; airplanes cannot do 90º turns, it's against laws of aerodynamics, as we know it. So, that one little detail changes everything.

Same thing.

Your picture is worth considering, so are all the videos of certified smoke rings in this thread (all taken during clear sky and low wind conditions), and still none of them comes close to the King's Dominion video IMO.

To me, it still looks more like the Fort. Belvoir UFO - which you cannot discard as a smoke ring, because of the very strange characteristics it presents.

Personally, I'm just trying to understand this phenomenon. I've never ever seen a smoke ring resist wind, and hot air rises and disperse, so until I've seen a convincing video present a similar smoke ring (a photo isn't really proof of anything, it's but a flicker of an instant), I will remain sceptic to the smoke ring theory.

Next smoke ring video please!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mitman93

Look at all the related videos with rings.
Lights along the side of the UFO craft in many of the witnessed sightings
are from the air medium being stressed electrically.
Not impossible for a ring to be a remnant of some operation.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
too bad i did not catch this earlier i posted a thread in june about this case and several other similar cases

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
One is an Amusement park smoke ring maker.
The rest of a lot of related videos show how its done, no UFO action yet.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
If not mentioned before, the Rex Heflin case had a ring in a
photo after a saucer had moved away from the sighting.
So a very well documented effect of the propulsion system.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join