It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Authorities: Teen Arrested In Fla. Cat Mutilations

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

I am a very compassionate person and if my experiences with people on psychiatric units were different I might think that there was hope for a person accused of the atrocious acts that this young has been accused of..... If this were a group of kids that talked themselves into doing something like this one time I would think they as individuals were salvageable.... An individual that repeatedly commits such acts, that is an entirely different thing and in my opinion will always be a threat to society.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
This story disturbs me greatly because I'm a cat lover.

Ditto, as I am a Korat cat owner. If anyone so much as even kicked my cat, I would remove their head quite promptly!

However, I think the young man needs some serious psychological assistance if he is convicted of the allegations made against him. Jeez, only 18 years old.

Oh why bother, it's not like humons are on the endangered species list. Just toss that sicko in a hole to rot and die and let that serve as an example of what will happen to the next sicko. We need more serious punishments to deter these kinds of crimes.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
reply to post by Jakes51

I am a very compassionate person and if my experiences with people on psychiatric units were different I might think that there was hope for a person accused of the atrocious acts that this young has been accused of..... If this were a group of kids that talked themselves into doing something like this one time I would think they as individuals were salvageable.... An individual that repeatedly commits such acts, that is an entirely different thing and in my opinion will always be a threat to society.

Thanks for your professional incite on my response. You are probably right in your opinion that the boy is lost. He participated in those heinous acts too many times. I suppose each time one performs a heinous act they are more inclined to shut off their conscience and become desensitized to it. As they continue to act out in atrocious ways they look upon their behavior as like a common act no different to them than when one goes to the grocery store for a gallon of milk.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Just by a show of hands, how many of you in this thread are meat eaters?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

Originally posted by Jakes51
This story disturbs me greatly because I'm a cat lover.

Ditto, as I am a Korat cat owner. If anyone so much as even kicked my cat, I would remove their head quite promptly!

However, I think the young man needs some serious psychological assistance if he is convicted of the allegations made against him. Jeez, only 18 years old.

Oh why bother, it's not like humons are on the endangered species list. Just toss that sicko in a hole to rot and die and let that serve as an example of what will happen to the next sicko. We need more serious punishments to deter these kinds of crimes.

Great to make the acquaintance of a fellow cat lover. I have a Russian Blue cat and I would do anything for and if some mistreated her I would most surely make them pay for it.

However, I think we should reserve judging the boy because he is human like all of us and has limitations. Sadly, his limitations are not considered appropriate or normal. Remember he is innocent until proven guilty. If convicted he will do his time in prison and pay his debt to society. I would like to know what caused that boy to go over the edge and act out in such a horrific manner. As said earlier in a response, he is probably lost and will never be rehabilitated. He just committed those crimes too many times and is most likely numb to cruelty.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by STFUPPERCUTTER

Like someone basically said in another thread: "Animals are my friends, not my enemy, and I don't eat my friends."

No, I gave up eating flesh and blood almost 6 years ago, and I no longer crave the flame broiled taste of DEATH. I'm a rehabilitated vampire!

[edit on 15-6-2009 by Divinorumus]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
He should be put in a cage with a lion,
a tiger,
a jaguar,
a puma,
and a mountain lion.

No, seriously, whoever did this should be put in a facility forever. The guy's psycho.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
These were the early signs of psychopathy. Those that are troubled by posters saying that these cruel attacks are just a precursor to violence toward humans, you must understand that a psychopath is probably the closest to evil that exists today.

Maybe they can't help it due to a genetic dysfunction, for that I really am sorry for them, but to say that they can be reoformed, and that we must give them another chance, there really is no giving them another chance. A psychopath is crafty. Although what they do is antisocial they have a very negative charm that they sue to their advantage whenever they can. They can manipulate minds, they can act placcid until you turn our back and then that's it. There's no helping these people.

It is a shame, yes. I mean, a human life that lives by their own set of twisted morals, not fitting in with society and all that sort of stuff. Again, it may not be their fault, but they're very dangerous. They've a disregard for anything unless it's to get them to the top of their own sick and twisted game.

I'm not professional, so you may dismiss what I'm saying but hear me out. It is a well known fact. Most psychopaths start off with animals. They thrive on it, and it gives them power. Gradually they do move to bigger things. The feeling of having a life being in your hands, knowing that you are their fate and that you have the power to do whatever with them. Sounds like a situation of great power, doesn't it? Psychopaths crave this power.

I leave you pro-reforming people with this question. Would you have someone like this live next to you? Would you let your loved pet and child run around outside near someone with these cravings and insane intincts?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
This guy should probably spend the rest of his life in prison.

I know, I know; "It was just some cats!"

But these are the makings of a serial killer. He mutilated 19 cats? What happens when he gets bored with cats and moves on to bigger things? People like this need to be removed from society before they turn into another Jeffrey Dahmer.

Indeed, they found the many bones of mutilated animals under the crawl space of Dahmer's childhood home. I hope they can keep this "kid" in custody long enough for a serious evaluation and a lobotomy.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
Why is it cats are so often the target of sadistic people? A lot of mean-spirited people seem to hate cats it seems.

I think people fear cats because they don't understand them. To me, I see cats as having a mystical quality about them. There is something about them I can't put me finger on. I have always thought that of cats.

The targeting of cats goes back a long time. There was even accounts during the Black Death of mass killings of cats because the Europeans thought the cats were spreading the disease when in all reality it was the fleas from rats. In all reality with the cats killed the rat population flourished. Another instance of cat cruelty took place during the witch hunts by the church. Many cats were burned along with their masters because the church leaders believed they were servants of the witch to perform evil tasks. Unfortunately, that misunderstanding carries on today.

Throughout my life I have had more feline companions than I have had canine ones. Even when I was a baby the cats would sleep in my crib according to my older brother and mother. I've always had a better bond with the cat.

I have always had respect for them because they choose to be your companion you don't choose them. To form a bond with a cat you really have to work at it because they have no problem ignoring you if they wish. They have a mind all their own.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whine FluI leave you pro-reforming people with this question. Would you have someone like this live next to you? Would you let your loved pet and child run around outside near someone with these cravings and insane intincts?

Very well stated and I thought the same thing. These people that say "I love cats but....give the kid another chance" would NOT say it if the "kid" were killing small children and thenlived next door.

They would say THAT risk as too high, but having their cat skinned alive by the maniac seems like an acceptable future risk to them.

If I had the choice between living next door to a child killer or a cat killer I would take the child killer hands down. I don't have kids, so they would be less worrisome to me.

(And once again Dahmer dissected already DEAD animals, he did not kill/torture live animals. Huge huge difference.)

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by fbnks
As sick as it is, and as unphased as he may appear, it isn't fair to assume he'll commit a bigger crime before he does. So are you guys saying kids who steal bubble gum will later rob a bank?

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Edit for typos.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by fbnks]

I'll cast the stone! I have sin, but I also have first hand knowledge of how these situations escalate to murder. I was in Carl Junction, Missouri in the late 1980's when one of my girlfriend's brothers was arrested for murder. He was the class president, Mr. Popular, their father was a high-dollar accountant, very good family, etc. Him and a couple of friends started with cats, dogs, wild animals, and eventually killed one of their own group with baseball bats! They blamed it on satanism. It was horrifying to a small town!

Sorry I don't remember the exact date, probably 1989. The book "Stairway to Hell" is centered around the event, and my good friend "Angel" is quoted in the book, as well as the boys who were arrested and their families.

It started with his own cat, then the neighbors cats, and so on, until one of the boys was dead!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Dahmer collected road kill, stripped the flesh and saved the bones. How is that considered dissection? The simple fact that he could tolerate the stench and sight of bloated road kill in small crawl space just to collect the bones is rather disturbing. His neighbors claimed that he also nailed live frogs to trees and cut open live fish to see how the organs worked. Too bad he didn't enter medical school....

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I get the irony, but we are carnivores by nature. Our eyes are firmly on the front of our head (predator), we have specially designed incisor teeth for ripping and tearing (we also have molars for vegetables), we have the correct organs to digest and process flesh and blood, etc.

The difference in eating meat, and mutilating animals is huge. I love a good steak, and I have tried many exotic foods, but I would never condone killing something and not eating it! I would never condone making an animal suffer while alive either.

I have a friend that accidentally shot a buck in the nose while bow hunting. It did not severly injure the buck, but it was surely a miserable existence with an arrow sticking out the end of its nose. It probably would have eventually starved, because his smell was messed up, and it may have been impossible to eat. SO, my friend spent two whole days tracking the buck, passing up other opportunites to hunt, until eventually he found him and killed him. It was just the right thing to do!

Hunters and meat eaters are not on the same level as animal haters or mutilators, quite the opposite!

[edit on 15-6-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Dahmer collected road kill, stripped the flesh and saved the bones. How is that considered dissection? The simple fact that he could tolerate the stench and sight of bloated road kill in small crawl space just to collect the bones is rather disturbing.

Yes it is disturbing, but a fascination with dead things is NOT the same as planning to capture LIVE animals, watching them, imagining their torture and screams, and then carrying it out NINETEEN TIMES.

Big difference between DEAD and ALIVE. That is why desecration of a corpse does NOT carry the same penalty as capturing and killing victims to MAKE them corpses.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I get the irony, but we are carnivores by nature. Our eyes are firmly on the front of our head (predator), we have specially designed incisor teeth for ripping and tearing (we also have molars for vegetables), we have the correct organs to digest and process flesh and blood, etc.

The difference in eating meat, and mutilating animals is huge. I love a good steak, and I have tried many exotic foods, but I would never condone killing something and not eating it! I would never condone making an animal suffer while alive either.

I have a friend that accidentally shot a buck in the nose while bow hunting. It did not severly injure the buck, but it was surely a miserable existence with an arrow sticking out the end of its nose. It probably would have eventually starved, because his smell was messed up, and it may have been impossible to eat. SO, my friend spent two whole days tracking the buck, passing up other opportunites to hunt, until eventually he found him and killed him. It was just the right thing to do!

Hunters and meat eaters are not on the same level as animal haters or mutilators, quite the opposite!

really?
cuz it seems to me that the end result is exactly the same for the animals.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
He should get a small sentence and some serious mental health help,if the psychologists deem him to be a danger to people he should continue with the psychologists until either he is fit enough to live his life without having the urge to mutilate cats or (speculation) people.. or not be let out at all from a ward if he is deemed unfit..Life in prison? Death sentence? your having a giraffe...knee jerk emotionally charged drivel is what that amounts to.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolomonsDeath sentence? your having a giraffe...knee jerk emotionally charged drivel is what that amounts to.

No, what you are seeing is a CLASSIC reaction to a violent and sadistic predator that threatens what people hold dear. You don't get it because you don't give a damn about cats.

Well if there is something you DO give a damn about, perhaps children in your family? Then maybe you would be able to understand how YOU would feel if you read about a rapist or killer that was targeting kids like THEM.

I don't get fired up when I hear stories about pedophiles because I do not have kids, but I certainly wouldn't judge those that DO have kids and get angry and want to those perverts dead.

Those of us that have companion animals that we are close to would gladly kill any sich such piece of trash that came near our families. I certainly would if give the chance.

That is called natural instinct.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

really?
cuz it seems to me that the end result is exactly the same for the animals.

You're argument is absolutely silly and is typical of vegetarians. There is a proper way for humans to use animals for food and an improper way. Humanely killing animals is appropriate. Unfortunately the inhumane ways still exist and on a large scale. There is no difference between clearing a forest to grow vegetables and killing animals. Philosophically they are one in the same. Plus what about eggs? They are unborn animals. Are you going to make the argument that we shouldn't eat eggs? You're silly.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

I do have a cat and i love her very much.That doesn't mean i would throw an obviously troubled young 18 year old boy in jail for the rest of his life or kill him(unless an evaluation could prove this *obsession* is inate,cant be dealt with and has a high probability of moving towards people).There is a reason we have laws for humans and laws for animals.And to add im against capital punishment anyway,nice perpetual circle of malice and hate.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by Solomons]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join