It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Authorities: Teen Arrested In Fla. Cat Mutilations

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Authorities: Teen Arrested In Fla. Cat Mutilations

www.breitbart.com

MIAMI (AP) - An 18-year-old man was arrested early Sunday and accused of committing a string of gruesome cat mutilation deaths that had horrified residents of his Miami area community, authorities said.

Tyler Weinman was taken into custody early Sunday, the Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office said. Weinman was charged with 19 counts of animal cruelty, 19 counts of improperly disposing of an animal body and four counts of burglary.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.orlandosentinel.com
www.foxnews.com
apnews.myway.com
www.nbcmiami.com

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
WOW. This is a GREAT ending to a Season filled with Horror and Apprehension for countless members of the Miami-Dade Community.

For anyone who does not remain privy as to the story behind this arrest, ever since April 2009 (And even last year as far as I recollect) residents of the Palmetto Bay and Cutler Bay gated communities have been suffering the devastating loss of their cats to torture and murder. Some found their cats cut cleanly in half, while others came upon pets that had missing eyes, and were skinned.

Now let us all hope that justice is served, and that the killings end. Personally, I wish that someone had caught him and stuck their Dog on him, as that is the most befitting punishment I can personally think of for this scum.

BTW, Take a look at the "Orlando Sentinel" Link, as well as the one for "NBC6 (Miami)" for Photos of the individual (Smirking), and for more details on the story at hand.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This guy should probably spend the rest of his life in prison.

I know, I know; "It was just some cats!"

But these are the makings of a serial killer. He mutilated 19 cats? What happens when he gets bored with cats and moves on to bigger things? People like this need to be removed from society before they turn into another Jeffrey Dahmer.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Well, that kid is going to turn out to be a serial killer I say.

That's just an assumption though. I am appalled at this kind of behaviour. What is driving our youth to go through such horrible times?

Is it just because we have the flow of information so readily that we hear about these things more? Or are these kinds of events on the rise in our world in general?

Scary stuff, and 18 no less. Hmm, well he'll get what he deserves, maybe PETA will write him a letter.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Someone that is capable of this kind of violence has no place in society. If he is guilty of commiting these acts i hope that they give him the maxium sentence and get him some help before they release him, and then keep an eye on him after his release. I'm sure it won't be long before he moves on to human victims, if he hasn't already.

link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

But these are the makings of a serial killer. He mutilated 19 cats? What happens when he gets bored with cats and moves on to bigger things? People like this need to be removed from society before they turn into another Jeffrey Dahmer.

My thoughts exactly. This guy is SICK.

link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Sometimes people who mutilate animals later switch to people. Some jail time is in order.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Another example of why we NEED the death penalty (and if you can't handle it, I'll do the HONORS!!!)!!! Someone need to terminate that gene pool, arrest his parents too.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I don't think that a person like this is capable of being reformed or living outside of an institutional environment.... It is some kind of rogue gene that creates this kind of behavior and no amount of therapy or medication can change his kind.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Double post, sorry. iPod is messing up!

[edit on 14-6-2009 by fbnks]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
As sick as it is, and as unphased as he may appear, it isn't fair to assume he'll commit a bigger crime before he does. So are you guys saying kids who steal bubble gum will later rob a bank?

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Edit for typos.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

What will happen here? Probably a sentence of 2-10 years. After a couple of years, probably 3, he will be released.

Three to four months after his release will be the make or break period. But this time he won't be looking for cats.

There was an interesting case around here involving a child molester. He did a couple of years for molesting one girl and was released. About 4 months later a little girl went missing. It made national news because a real life posse was formed that searched for the girl on horseback. She was found dead. The guy was eventually executed.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
This guy should probably spend the rest of his life in prison.

I know, I know; "It was just some cats!"

Exactly, you speak the truth !

Put this scum away for Life!

well, as long as they can PROVE it was him or have his Confession (i do require evidence to condemn people)

Jeffrey Dahmer admits flat out he started his mutilations on stray animals, and it slowly built up to humans

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by fbnks
As sick as it is, and as unphased as he may appear, it isn't fair to assume he'll commit a bigger crime before he does. So are you guys saying kids who steal bubble gum will later rob a bank?

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Edit for typos.

good points i agree, but you must understand

we have a working body of evidence that proves that this is how alot of (not all) serial murderers start out

by brutally killing "animals"

19 of them even, and those are the ones we know about

there is a obvious pattern here

a kid who steals bubblegum everyday will eventually steal bigger things, guaranteed

this is a pattern of compulsive criminal action here - patterns do not lie

[edit on 14-6-2009 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Some of the most infamous serial killers began with killing and torturing animals. It is a good thing they caught this one, who knows how long it would been before the teen would have began targeting humans.

Personally I believe that animal cruelty and killings should come with the same levels of penalty and punishment as for crimes against humans.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
Another example of why we NEED the death penalty (and if you can't handle it, I'll do the HONORS!!!)!!! Someone need to terminate that gene pool, arrest his parents too.

Sounds like eugenics.

Anyway - I suggest life in prison/mental facility. This kid is a sick freak. Poor kitties.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It amazes me that most on here are saying "well it could be people next time"!

It really ISN'T a big deal when it is only helpless and trusting family pets that cannot defend themselves? However he needs to be stopped before this gets out of hand and starts to kill/torture people?

That is one VERY sick and callous attitude.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
You guys are pretty fast to judge this guy. None of the Op links presents any evidence that he indeed did that.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
OK, innocent until proven guilty, this still is one of our rights. However, if he is proven guilty then I feel he should be imprisoned and thoroughly checked out by a psychological team. Cruelty to animals and acts of arson ARE precursers to aberrant behaviors. A close friend was shot in the head by her 15 yr. old son....and yes, he started a number of fires and was extremely cruel to the family pets. She tried to get him help but no one took her serious.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CelticMist

I agree. If he is guilty he should be locked away and considered very dangerous not "only" to animals.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join