It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Authorities: Teen Arrested In Fla. Cat Mutilations

page: 2
8
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by total newbie
 


If I hadn't have worked in psychiatric hospitals and dealt with a few like this guy I probably wouldn't feel the way that I do. We had a guy on the adolescent unit at a state hospital that had murdered a little girl..... He was friendly and not at all threatening to staff or patients until he raped and killed a younger boy on his ward when no one was around.... I found out that he had also killed a 4 year old girl in the neighborhood I had lived in years before when was 10 years old..... He killed cats and dogs also.... I haven't a clue where he is now but he was in a county jail for years and kind of a mascot of the sheriffs department the last I heard and would be in his 40s now..




posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
reply to post by total newbie
 


If I hadn't have worked in psychiatric hospitals and dealt with a few like this guy I probably wouldn't feel the way that I do. We had a guy on the adolescent unit at a state hospital that had murdered a little girl..... He was friendly and not at all threatening to staff or patients until he raped and killed a younger boy on his ward when no one was around.... I found out that he had also killed a 4 year old girl in the neighborhood I had lived in years before when was 10 years old..... He killed cats and dogs also.... I haven't a clue where he is now but he was in a county jail for years and kind of a mascot of the sheriffs department the last I heard and would be in his 40s now..


That's awful.

Yeah, I wish we had a better way of dealing with such people ... I think solitary confinement, with only supervised family visits is the only answer for someone like this.



posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko
 


I am, like the state, at a total loss of what can be done with this kind of person. A Clockwork Orange comes to mind, though... The kid that I spoke of had a history of being abused as a child. That and his age is probably why he wasn't executed.



posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
reply to post by Donnie Darko
 


I am, like the state, at a total loss of what can be done with this kind of person. A Clockwork Orange comes to mind, though... The kid that I spoke of had a history of being abused as a child. That and his age is probably why he wasn't executed.


Yeah ... in a way I do have compassion for him ... but on the other hand I also have compassion for the families of the people he killed.

I think a Clockwork Orange solution is much better than simply exterminating people like that - but then again, I am a pacifist.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by Donnie Darko]



posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd
 


Yeah your right. Jeffrey Dahmer did do nasty things to cats and dogs. Better stick this guy in a mental asylum before he starts on humans as well!!

Or give him a bigger cat to play with like a lion or tiger.



posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx
Yeah your right. Jeffrey Dahmer did do nasty things to cats and dogs. Better stick this guy in a mental asylum before he starts on humans as well!!


No he did not. Get your facts straight.



posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Sorry I heard he did. He played with animals in a nasty way alive or dead ones and when he was young he killed a dog by chopping off it's head and impaling the head on his school gate. Is that story wrong?



posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
He should be put away for the rest of his life.
If they want to look at it as "it's just some cats" then think about the common psychological progression things of this nature often tend to take, he is your text book sociopath just coming of age where his crimes would have more then likely crossed over to humans.

But that doesn't matter to me, and anyone who thinks that this is no big deal is a senseless desensitized heartless person who wouldn't probably be too far off from doing this themselves and if it doesn't bother someone or they think it's a joke let it happen to someone they know or themselves instead of it happening to those who love/care.

If anyone like this ever came near any of my pets I would either take care of himself not even let my dogs go near this guy as it would probably get my dog killed in the end, with tons of fines and he'd probably get away with anything he did or was going to do if he lived, I'd simply do unto him as he was going to do unto my animals.
Tiny little ..... probably part of the reason he went after defenseless little animals because he was simply not able to take on anything else.



posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx
Sorry I heard he did. He played with animals in a nasty way alive or dead ones and when he was young he killed a dog by chopping off it's head and impaling the head on his school gate. Is that story wrong?


He never killed or tortured any animals. He had an intrest dissecting dead bodies, he did dissect roadkill that he found but he never harmed live animals.



posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by fbnks
As sick as it is, and as unphased as he may appear, it isn't fair to assume he'll commit a bigger crime before he does. So are you guys saying kids who steal bubble gum will later rob a bank?


Bad analogy is bad.

Sorry about that, I'm on a war against bad analogies to make points. The reason is that you can sway someone's opinion or make their argument appear invalid just by quickly thinking up an analogy which makes no sense at all.

Firstly, someone who tortures and kills 19 cats clearly has issues. Some kid who steals bubblegum does NOT clearly have kleptomaniac tendencies.

Secondly the scale of the crime is totally different. Stealing bubblegum is separated by a huge distance to robbing a bank.



posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Just cats? I LOVE my cat. He is like my best friend.



posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
People who do things like this to animals should be treated the same as people who do these things to other people. Nothing makes me madder than for people to abuse and/or torture the ones who can not speak for themselves...childrena and animals.

Before long he'd get bored and move on to something more challenging. If in fact he did this, lock him up and throw away the key.



posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by opal13
People who do things like this to animals should be treated the same as people who do these things to other people. Nothing makes me madder than for people to abuse and/or torture the ones who can not speak for themselves...childrena and animals.

Before long he'd get bored and move on to something more challenging. If in fact he did this, lock him up and throw away the key.



I know. Poor kitties


I wanna hug my cat now, but he would probably get annoyed.



posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Why is it cats are so often the target of sadistic people? A lot of mean-spirited people seem to hate cats it seems.



posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Pets are people too.
Our cat makes our family complete.
When I have heart trouble he sits on my chest and purrs till it's better.

A pet gives love for its whole life, asking for so little in return.
Their lives should be sacred to us.



posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko
 



Probably because they are small and more readily available, especially in nicer areas. Easier to catch and all. I would bet in the ghetto where puppies/dogs are prevalent then dog abuse would be more common, but is not quite so easy to snatch up stray dogs in a lot of areas.



posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
Pets are people too.
Our cat makes our family complete.
When I have heart trouble he sits on my chest and purrs till it's better.

A pet gives love for its whole life, asking for so little in return.
Their lives should be sacred to us.


Yup.


Cats are wonderful beings. There are a lot of people who hate them for pretty much no reason ... it's so sad.



posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

As sick as it is, and as unphased as he may appear, it isn't fair to assume he'll commit a bigger crime before he does. So are you guys saying kids who steal bubble gum will later rob a bank?


You're referring to what is known as the 'slippery slope logical fallacy.' Normally, you would almost certainly be correct. However, in this incident, it has been proven that there is a very possible connection to animal abuse later being escalated to human abuse.

Countless modern day serial killers as well as famous killers from centuries past have been documented to start out experimenting with animal mutilation then advance to violence against humans.

Animal abuse in youth is considered a huge warning sign so it's very normal to be concerned with his young man and it's not far fetched to speculate what else he is capable of further down the road.



posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
A murderer named Bill Marquardt was recently extradited back to Sumter County from a Wisconsin psych ward to stand trial for murdering two women in front of two young children a few years back.

He already has been aquitted for murdering his mother in 2000. What he was serving time for up north? Randomly breaking into a farm and murdering the animals.



posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
This story disturbs me greatly because I'm a cat lover. However, I think the young man needs some serious psychological assistance if he is convicted of the allegations made against him. Jeez, only 18 years old.

What is troubling him so much that he thought the only release was to brutally mutilate some little boy or girl's cat? I am speaking about him hypothetically that he is convicted of the crimes in trial. So with my last statement, don't take it like I am convicting him of the crime.

However, if the allegations are true; I hope he can destroy the demons running amok in his mind. That type of behavior makes my skin crawl. I hope he can move on from this horrible atrocious behavior and can lead a normal life.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by Jakes51]



new topics

top topics



 
8
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join