It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Authorities: Teen Arrested In Fla. Cat Mutilations

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons....nice perpetual circle of malice and hate.

If he were dead we could be 100% he wouldn't kill anymore cats. You said yourself you would be for his release if he didn't look like he was a risk to HUMAN's so don't go on about how much you "love" your cat. I suspect you don't even know what that word means.

So if this guy was convicted of mutilating/torturing 19 kids what would you say? Give him another chance? Let's not ruin a young man's life over this? I doubt it. You would likely say even if it happened to just ONE more kid the risk is too great. But yet with cats its no big deal. That is where we differ. This guy will do it again, he did it 19 times for a reason and no amount of "counseling" is going to make him decide it isn't fun anymore.

Maybe next time he will be a bit more careful with the bodies huh? If he were it wouldn't have been a problem, but part of his thrill was SHOWING what he did. Horrifying hte owners and making the news paper made him feel like a BIG MAN.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
It amazes me that most on here are saying "well it could be people next time"!

It really ISN'T a big deal when it is only helpless and trusting family pets that cannot defend themselves? However he needs to be stopped before this gets out of hand and starts to kill/torture people?

That is one VERY sick and callous attitude.

Oh grow up Sonya.

I'd much rather (in the worst sense) hear that it was a cat that was killed, as opposed to say a child that was found cut in half.

Obviously i wish for neither, but if you can't see that then maybe i should be worried as to why YOU think a human life is equal to a cat.

Using your logic here.

Glad the bastard was found though.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Comparing the killing of people/kids to cats shows your true character and your priorities,i would like a utopian world where such things didn't exist but that wont happen in my,your or in the next generation...just a fact.Looking at such cases objectively and not emotionally driven which usually results in nonsensical decisions and bad judgement is the best way to move forward.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I'll join you guys...

...in the sense that I'm happy this guy was arrested. Hopefully he will not harm anything/anybody else.

But I do not wish him death or harm, as much as I love cats. I wish that he realises what he's done and his soul turns from the dark side. I also wish for the poor animals to rest in peace and their suffering not to mark them.

Health and happiness to everybody,

T.

(PS. I speak on the grounds that we must seek to be compassionate, so lets start from the easier cases, where it's not personal)

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Oh grow up Sonya.

I'd much rather (in the worst sense) hear that it was a cat that was killed, as opposed to say a child that was found cut in half.

Obviously i wish for neither, but if you can't see that then maybe i should be worried as to why YOU think a human life is equal to a cat.

Grow up? Not sure how you define "growing up" but my attitudes are becoming more extreme as I get older, not less so.

And yes, I do think a nut that kills/tortures 19 cats should be removed from society just like a child killer should be. Whether they get fried or not is neither here nor there to me.

They are sick and diseased and they need to be taken care of one way or another. Anyone who thinks otherwise has no concept of true torture.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
as far as the universe is concerned the life if a cat and the life of a human are not much different at all. both are sentient beings, both have their own priorities mutually exclusive of all other life forms on earth.
who are we to say the value of 1 is greater than the value of another?
when were you appointed the judge and jury as far as the meaning of 1 existence as compared to another?
the kid is a KILLER he shouldnt be put back into society for teh sake of cats and people alike.
lock him up, throw away the key.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by STFUPPERCUTTER

who are we to say the value of 1 is greater than the value of another?

We are the humans, that is who! I am sure the cat's may have a different opinion, but until they get their own internet and ATS, I think our opinion is pretty important!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Kids like this grow up to be the soldiers posing and high-fiving in torture photos.

Peace

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Ah, well, the world is now in perfect balance .. because I wouldn't mind seeing the opposite. Toss this little cat killer in a blender and serve as an example to the next wannabe humon creep.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Divinorumus]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
An update on this one. He tried to get a plea deal.

Accused Cat Killer to Cops: Let's Make a Deal

The teen accused of being the South Florida cat killer may have tipped his hand to cops when he tried to cut a deal to make some of the charges go away, according to newly released court documents.

"OK, so let me see if I understand. As long as I tell you about the cats that I did, you can get rid of the others?" Tyler Weinman asked detectives during an interview before his arrest.

Weinman said he'd talk "about one or two cats" if cops made "the rest go away," according to the court documents released yesterday.

Maybe I'm just cynical old coot - but I'm not sensing much in the way of remorse from this kid.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by stevcolx
Yeah your right. Jeffrey Dahmer did do nasty things to cats and dogs. Better stick this guy in a mental asylum before he starts on humans as well!!

No he did not. Get your facts straight.

You get YOUR facts straight, buddy. Dahmer used to bring home animals and liquefy them in vats of acid. He event went so far as to make an "idol" out of a severed dog head and a stick (head on the stick).

Next time you're going to go off on someone and accuse them of being ignorant, do a little homework, yourself.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
this story is old, but the kid is stilla dip#.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Thanks for the update.

During the pot arrest, Weinman spoke with officers and described the "tearing sound" made while dissecting cats, something he studied during an anatomy class in high school

I've never heard of disecting cats in high school. Frogs, brains, hearts, but we never disected cats. Heck we didn't even disect cats in college.

"If you drop the marijuana charges, I'll tell you about the cats," Weinman told the police, according to the court documents

Not only is the kid a sadistical maniac, but he's stupid too. What the heck was he thinking offering to give himself up on what he did to those cats to get rid of a minor weed charge ? I hope if he's truely guilty they give him the maxium sentence for each one of those cats that he killed.

www.nbcmiami.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

It's ok, in his next life, he'll come back a house mouse.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
people that are blind from reality have been living in a little bubble their whole life. life in prison is the only answer for this guy.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I wonder how Linda Moulton Howe will feel about one less money making opportunity for her "Real Life X-Files"?

She's been selling the prospect that these cat mutilations are being performed by aliens for a long time now. When are people going to wake up to LMH and her shameful, cash grabbing Earthfiles website?

Well I went to check what she's saying at her website but she's secreted her thoughts on the recent developments in the members only (subscription) section. I guess I don't have enough money to know the real truth according to Linda eh!

IRM :shk:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
i say take em to the zoo and let the big cats have em, give him a butter knife for self defense.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Good thing they caught him , huh?

By the logic found here you guys must be all vegetarians or vegans right?
If you saw the ammount of cruelty animals go through before they become food , or "human accessories" all that logic goes down.

There are some pretty nasty videos out there of animals being ripped part by part , while they are still alive , suffering a lot. It is a real sad view to see.

And no it is not neccessary because they will become our food or whatever , it may even seem sadistic at times. They should kill the animal before going through all the procedure , but I guess "it takes too much time to do so".

Yet I do not see anyone being arrested for animal mutilation and cruelty over there.

Well , I guess if they can do it , the kid already has a place where he can work on in the future

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join