It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation proven by 11 Year old boy? [w/video]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
To all the sceptics and cynics, there are TONS of these stories, where the person knows things about the history of a past life they could not have known, and when it's investigated, turns out they were bang on in every detail.

I've learned not to bother trying to counter blanket statements like this on a conspiracy site discussion.

What you say is a common claim in New Age literature.

But I have read quite a few books and articles on the subject and related.
I've seen detailed investigations of a number of fabulous claims of reincarnated memories. I don't think there's one that hasn't broken down to children picking stuff up from books and conversations. And then there's the power of suggestion and interviewer prompting.

Reincarnation as a selling hook gets dredged up every generation. It has tremendous emotional appeal. You can play fast and loose with the facts. Few care.

People believe what they want to believe.

Mike

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
The whole "they're selling a book" deal continuously amazes me. Books have been a way of communication since humans even starting writing. How does that in ANY means labels something as a good chance for a hoax?

unless it's free it's fake.. is that what we've digressed to?

what does that say about religion when you have to buy a bible? Sure, they're people that give it away and then people call them zealots.

Threads like this really spotlights the difference among people and the extreme level that everyone has become jaded.

I'm always open to discover that something is a hoax, but I tend to stay on the side that believes that not everyone is a liar. I think I'm happier that way.

b

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bspiracy
Threads like this really spotlights the difference among people and the extreme level that everyone has become jaded.

I'm always open to discover that something is a hoax, but I tend to stay on the side that believes that not everyone is a liar. I think I'm happier that way.

I don't think that everything is a "hoax" either, however the theories and explanations, i.e. the idea that the reason for the observed phenomenon must be "reincarnation", are subject to dispute.

There are other possible explanations. If there is something spiritual here, then it could be that maybe he's picked up somehow something from that person's spirit, instead of actually _being_ them "reincarnated". If nothing spiritual, it could be as the poster above you mentioned, that maybe he picked the stuff up from somewhere else. There are other possible explanations than the black/white "it's a hoax!" and "it's reincarnation!". See? Doubting one doesn't mean you support the other.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I think there is something to it. I've always thought reincarnation was the most logical answer to what happens when we die.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I think reincarnation/karma was and is a great Anu's invention to enslave infinite human beings in the worlds of time and space for hundreds of thousands of years.

Are we ought to reincarnate again and again and again? Of course, not. Self-realization in this world as a being that one and equal to all life - that's the only point of reincarnation, not to fix one's mistakes and problems and not to spiritually grow (indeed, grow where? as you already are here and always have been).

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Interesting...

I'm on the fence with this issue, although as soon as the obligatory 'book' was mentioned, i slipped over to the 'doubtful' side of the fence.

11 year olds can obviously be coached to remember facts and names.

Still don't discount the possibility, but i don't take this as proof of anything.

Proof to me, would be along the lines of knowing exactly where, James #1 (1940's James) buried his favourite toy soldier, or something like that, that would not be in someone else's memory, or written down anywhere.

Even the painting of James #1's sister Annie, could be know, as it was obviously known to Annie. There is always a chance that Annie or someone close to her, let it slip somehow, somewhere that her mother painted a picture of both of them as kids.

I think i'm more on the 'interesting story, but not convinced' side of the fence actually.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Fantastic story, I actually got a lump in my throat when the boy was crying on the boat.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Why is it because they are writing a book it must not be real. Tell that to Jesus and the Bible... Maybe his followers were just trying to exploit Jesus too.....

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Something about reincarnation that always got me thinking is where have all the extra billions of "souls" come? The United Nations estimates the number to have been around 2.3 billion in the 1940's. I just can't get my head around it.

This video gave me goosebumps that is for sure.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by trollz
They say demons are capable of providing memories of past events, sometimes for the purpose of promoting belief in past lives and reincarnation, which is in contrast to the teachings of Jesus. Not saying I believe either way, but it is a point worth considering.

Except... of course... Jesus himself reincarnated, and brought Lazarus back to life (fine, not the same but close.) Besides, who are these "they" you speak of? Is this in the Bible you read? If not, how can "they" speak with such authority?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I agree that the parrents could teach the kid all those names and all those facts about the war , and 11 years is a long time to learn as somebody has pointed out .

There is but one thing that makes me believe in this case , one detail that has been mentioned in the clip but somehow missed durring the replies here (or I am blind again and missed that post and the debunking on that).

It is the fact that the kid knew about that supposed duble paiting of his sisters (if I recall right) , that supposely only they knew about. So unless that 80 something year old woman is on it with the whole hoax (but why ?) or this gives the case credibility.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Dissemination

I don't think anybody has the hard data on the mechanics of reincarnation, if it exists that is. It may be that every living creature on the planet, from the single celled animals to the blue whale, are reborn until they finally reach the highest form of intelligence as a human being. If that is the case then there are literally trillions of reincarnation candidates on this planet alone.

Since we don't know any of this, its entirely speculation. I'd rather focus on stories that simply showcase reincarnation as a reality rather than wonder about how it works before we even figure out if it exists.

As far as this story's truth is concerned, since at least 2005 the public has known about this kid and his stories and only now has a book come out. If somebody wants to cash in on a reincarnation story, why bother to wait four years? The facts about a young man who died sixty years ago should not take that long to put into writing.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by Frith]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Doesn't matter if this particular story is a fake, not that I'm convinced it is or isn't. There are too many similar accounts. (See my post about my dad's experience on page 2). True that some (or all?) experiences might be a psychic "tuning in" to someone else's life rather than reincarnation, but it's still a very substantial phenomenon if so. It's a demonstration of the existence of the soul or personality essence either way. The simple fact is that the West (including Islam), religious and secular, is severely ignorant and in the dark on this subject.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by tjeffersonsghost

Jesus isnt real nor is the bible. It's all a telephone tag campfire tale twisted into distorted unreality (e.g. the talking snake and walking on water). Christian hawk the bible just as these opportunist have crafted a nifty reincarnation tale on the back of their child.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dissemination
Something about reincarnation that always got me thinking is where have all the extra billions of "souls" come? The United Nations estimates the number to have been around 2.3 billion in the 1940's. I just can't get my head around it.

Well, if you let your mind out a little further, who said that reincarnation is only contained on one planet in one galaxy? My closed-minded friends love pointing out that there simply are too many people now to account for the past limit on souls. This would seem to indicate at some point, soul creation. However, all you need to do is consider that souls do not necessarily HAVE to come from Earth. Perhaps a soul is unbounded and "chooses" to move from species to species in order to accomplish something or just to "know." It really is fascinating when you expand the idea of reincarnation.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
breath-cutting video, the testimony seems true IMO.
Good job OP

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Back to some sanity, please....

Let's do some rational thinking, so we can "deny ignorance" or whatever..

1. There are ghosts --- we supposedly have photos of them.

2. People talk to ghosts/spirits --- that's even in the Bible, when the witch talked to Samuel.

3. Ghosts/spirits can talk back (see 2).

4. Ghosts/spirits don't die, and can live maybe forever...since they are not aging and are not subject to accident, illness, or disease.

5. Ghosts/spirits have memory (see 2).

6. Ghosts/spirits are either good, evil, or indifferent.

7. Good ghosts/spirits have no evil intention to fool you. Evil ghosts/spirits have evil intention to fool you. See 2 above. See Jesus talking to demonic spirits. See Satan talking to Eve. See warnings from Paul about doctrines of devils, etc.

8. Ghosts/spirits can possess you and make you say things. See New Testament.

Seems pretty obvious to me. It's a lot easier to believe that an intelligent spirit/ghost can feed you with lies than that you can go on getting second chances at this life. Seems to me that you would be taking the body of some new spirit that was supposed to be formed.

Just so you know where the Bible stands on this: the spirit did not pre-exist, it is formed in the womb of the woman while the body is being formed. See Zechariah 12:1."The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith, the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him." See also Psalm 22:10 "I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly." and "The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he hath made mention of my name." Isa 49:1.

www.topical-bible-studies.org...

You keep searching for the truth. God put it in the Bible. You have free will. He that hath ears to hear let him hear. Why keep searching for the truth, when it is right in front of your face?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Those who are believing this don't have much to do except watch the video or read the book and say ... 'amazing'.

Those who doubt this can easily confirm their doubts. The child is only 11, he is not much capable of deceit, so just take him away from his parents for a day (with their consent of course) and after a few ice creams and toys he will most likely tell you whether he has been taught to say things, if asked in a proper way, say by a child psychologist.

Children are innocent, so may be he is forced by his parents, he won't be able to hide it in front of some experts, if asked nicely.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This is simply more evidence that we are in the midst of a spiritual awakening. As I am exposed to more information, evidence and examples of reincarnation, astral travel, crop circles, ufos, etc. My mind is opening up to possibilities that I thought were absurd and laughable a few years ago.

This new awareness is at the same time comforting and frightening. I, like many have felt we are on the verge of drastic changes which will include violence and suffering. I feel certain that persons open to receiving information through irrational chanels will know what to do and how to react.being open includes having compassion for our neighbors and loving our enemies as we love ourselves.

I fear that the PTB have been told what is coming and will do anything possible to stop a wholesale spiritual awakening. They will encourage us to hate our neighbors and want to kill our enemies.

Don't let people make fun of your new knowledge, instincts and outlook. Let's love each other and project kindness and compassion.

Evil exists. There is a dark side. Power, greed and money corrupt. We are not on Earth to accumulate consumer goods and fight for resources. We are not here to poison ourselves with drugs.

We exist in societies because we need each other to provide opportunities to make decisions with our free will. Our life on Earth is all about learning from our choices and creating beauty in the face of evil.

Imagine the horrible choices our politicians have made to stay in power. Many of them have conciously given up on love a long time ago.

We will know what to do inspite of them. The time is coming.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by trollz
They say demons are capable of providing memories of past events, sometimes for the purpose of promoting belief in past lives and reincarnation, which is in contrast to the teachings of Jesus. Not saying I believe either way, but it is a point worth considering.

That would be abit silly if Jesus didn't promote reincarnation and yet he was supposed to be reincarnated and people still today are waiting for his return... Contradiction, no?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join