It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor, time traveler from futures' warning

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
"So, once again, all I said was that you can use the song to identify him. And for the record I know the whole story, and then some. And so do you."

....and what IS the whole story?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Phil,

Is that a picture of your cat eating that corn on the cob.
That looks exactly like my cat.

For some strange reason he likes green olives. lol

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Yo Pam I sent you a U2U. Thats a private message that shows up up at the top in your buttons in red and yellow.

You are the same Pam right? The one who knows who I am?

I mean you talk just like her...

For the record I do not have Titor envy. I would never want to leave my original time line. If it is you then we done spoke about my name sake else where.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

I wondered what that U2U was. I have no idea the things that are this website. lol

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Time travel can simply not exist, because time as a whole simply does not really exist. Everything that will happen, has happened and cannot be changed. Right now me and you are being born and dying, but we are at the crossroads of the space-time continuum that is 2009 at our computer screens.

Simply put, prophecies can exist because the person is in our relative period of "time". However someone coming from a different place and time, would drastically change everything that is space and time...and if he truly came from the future, he would have given us more important and relevant information about how to stop our future events..because obviously he claims the world will not be as good as it is now. If you honestly think 3 billion people will die, and I could time travel, I would do anything in my power to stop that.

As someone said, he could be from another dimension and timeline, but that makes his information for us about as useful as a random American citizen is to a starving kid in Africa. They both live there separate lives, but their lives will never cross and never make a difference to one another.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
It is true a time traveler can only tell you what he has seen on his timeline.
However, If it is similiar up to this point he can predict the possibilities and probabilities only. Because he has appeared on the scene it may possibly change.

John said once he was trying to convey the message that once time travel begins there is no longer any absolute truth.

Thats because then things can change...maybe even alot.

Think about that. no longer any absolute truth. He said sometimes he was angry because of some things that happened and then he said but they haven't happened yet here and may not now.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Also he mentioned if you predict something major happening you are more than likely going to be blamed as having inside information.
After all most people do not believe in time travel.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

Did this occur in November of that year or are you talking about something else?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
From my limited research and IMO Larry Cluck from Tulsa, Oklahoma writer of the poem A Soldier's Winter, is John Titor.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AlBeMet

I have written to Larry Cluck. We discussed poems and other things in an email exchange. He is not Titor.

I know my saying this does not amount to much but you can go to poem hunter yourself and write him. Decent enough fellow. Military man. Definitely not Titor.

If the whole Titor thing IS a hoax I still maintain that the only candidate that could fit all the requirements of knowledge presented would be Stephan Hawking himself.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
reply to post by AlBeMet

I have written to Larry Cluck. We discussed poems and other things in an email exchange. He is not Titor.

I know my saying this does not amount to much but you can go to poem hunter yourself and write him. Decent enough fellow. Military man. Definitely not Titor.

If the whole Titor thing IS a hoax I still maintain that the only candidate that could fit all the requirements of knowledge presented would be Stephan Hawking himself.

Two things.

1. The poem.

2. Oklahoma

Are two of the keys.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I think John Titor is a fake. Personal opinion. The reason i say this is why would he post on the internet about the future instead of doing somthing that will actully change the world. Why wouldent he stay back in time were theres actually "peace" instead of going back. Why did he post on the internet instead of going back in time before the presidential elections and hire a hitman to assasinate whoever was gonna be elected? What is posting a couple of things on the internet and answering questions for a few months suppose to change the world? If he was real, and actually did come from the future, he did a really bad job, on warning us or trying to change the future.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Wasnt he some guy called John Rick Haber.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Doesnt matter really it was all one big HOAX.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat

Number 3 rule: Never let a hoax get in the way of a good thread...sigh

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat

Yeah it was so disappointing to learn the truth. I think an Italian company working on a documentary hired a private detective to suss out the pertinent information. Rick Haber's brother had previously worked on the IBM in question so he had access to the machine before it was public knowledge.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
True, true
But its a bit sad to still see people banging on about it like they had some kind of mystical experience.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

It would have been okay if he billed it as scifi, but trying to pass it off as a reality was suspect at best. Great story, though by sadly clamoring after such a dystopian future he perpetrated a great disservice. Makes one wonder what his overall objective was.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I know what topic to use to write my own story now
Or ill do what L. Ron. Hubbard did turn his story into a religion

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I hope I don't offend too many people on this thread, but I believe youre all nuts.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
Think I may have been asleep since 2004 and only just woken up to log into ATS, was there a civil war in the US in 2005? and if so why is there never any mention of it in the news or American TV shows?

Probably came back from the future and changed his own history by warning the people in the past.

Sorry but what a load of bunkum.

No, you were not asleep. There is a war going on here in America, but not a shooting war, it is more an internet war. Many thousands of people are on the net every day waking up the American people to what their government is doing, and that the economy is sliding into nothingness, and that Rights are slowly but surely being taken away from us. States are filing for sovereignty and some are talking about seceding from the "Company." This post
www.abovetopsecret.com... is indicative of what I am talking about here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join