It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor, time traveler from futures' warning

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnnyflip
reply to post by Pamela M

Pam can identify "Titor" positively because he told her to remember certain words to a certain song. How convenient.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by johnnyflip]

Hmmm sounds like you dont know the whole story.
Actually John told me to remember this song for another reason all together not to identify him but there was a purpose. However,
I CAN use this song to identify John because no one else knows the song he told me. I am not saying John was a time traveler. Hell, I don't know myself. It was ten years ago. He really did tell me to remember a song when we were in private chat one night . If someone told you a song to remember and no one else knew the song couldn't you use this song to identify that person. I actually came up with that idea...not John or whoever was playing John.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

You have contradicted yourself in this post you know. Thought that was you. Its been a while.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
"You have contradicted yourself in this post you know. Thought that was you. Its been a while."

How so?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Hmmm sounds like you dont know the whole story.
Actually John told me to remember this song for another reason all together not to identify him but there was a purpose. However,
I CAN use this song to identify John because no one else knows the song he told me. I am not saying John was a time traveler. Hell, I don't know myself. It was ten years ago. He really did tell me to remember a song when we were in private chat one night . If someone told you a song to remember and no one else knew the song couldn't you use this song to identify that person. I actually came up with that idea...not John or whoever was playing John.

John DID tell me to remember a song but it was NOT to identify him with.
I can USE it to identify him with it though.

Is that better?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

So, once again, all I said was that you can use the song to identify him. And for the record I know the whole story, and then some. And so do you.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by johnnyflip]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Well the story was absolutely well put together. I would love to find out if it was true. That'd be awesome. And if it was not true, the hoaxer should think of going into the writing business. They certainly could make a pretty penny, especially if they sell to Hollywood...oh maybe I'll write the story...hmmmmmmm, pondering the idea.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
well, yeah I sure hope I know what the heck I am talking about.
Its only been on and off my mind for ten years! lol
I have no idea who you are do I know you by another user name?
Did you use to post when John was posting?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

No, actually when he was posting I was in poverty and lost my rented housing to the county taking it from the owner, and I came on just shortly after he left, Never got a user name just read all the posts and replies like tons. I read it all, and was totally awed by it. I want to beleive it is all true. I love the idea of time travel and always beleived it was possible. also read his posts on other bulletin boards. I read other's who said he was real and those that said he was fake all the theories, everything.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Yes and yes,
Second line.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
"Yes and yes,
Second line."

uh yeah. I guess that told me nothing. What second line?
Am I suppose to look somewhere for it?

Sigh...Im going to bed.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

So do you know if it was truth or hoax? Have you got any proof either way? I am just curious as I was very fascinated with the whole thing.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by johnnyflip

Are you the hoaxer? Your name is Johnnyflip...hmmmm...John Titor ..... close to your nickname. This is getting good....I think I'll stay.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

ATS has a policy about one liners. So some posters that want to only post one line will post

Second line

Just to be in compliance.

Truth be told though they should really check out the ATS hand book or the help buttonLocated next to the chat button up top

OR click one the blue link in my sig about flagging.. That is just a bit about the netiquette expected on ATS.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by titorite]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Well ive read all the material provided in this post and the posts linked.

All i can say is there is absolutely no credible evidence to support his claims. All of the predictions made by JT could have been made by anyone familiar with the state of technology at the time and some foresight. The poem, a very common title to say the least, could have strings attached. Beyond that nothing posted by this person was or could be proven as of this time to be true.

However i am open to inter-dimensional travel, Ive read many book on it and it is theoretically possible. That being said i cannot fully denounce anything posted by this person.

The thought did cross my mind however, that perhaps what he claims to be his alternate time line, may in fact be an alternate universe where the years are slightly off. Meaning 2006 in their time could be 2003 in our time ( you get the idea ).

So was he a Inter-Dimensional traveler? did he know the "future" ?

based on everything above i would personally say NO. Could he know something about a distant reality? sure. Does this mean anything to us, could this aid us somehow? NO, UNLESS our realities where similar in some way ( like the time lapse theory i said above ).

i guess well just have to wait an see, i hope hes wrong...who ever he is.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by phi1618]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite

ATS has a policy about one liners. So some posters that want to only post one line will post

Second line

Just to be in compliance.

Truth be told though they should really check out the ATS hand book or the help buttonLocated next to the chat button up top

OR click one the blue link in my sig about flagging.. That is just a bit about the netiquette expected on ATS.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by titorite]

Do you have any opinion if the story is true or not? What about an investigation, has there been a thorough one or should there be one? I beleive someone should try to find out as the implecatons if it's true is enormous. How would an old IBM computer make a time machine work anyway, while a new one has much more technology and memory?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Well seeing as e-prophets often come and go, i wouldnt put any bets on it being true.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by phi1618]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

ummm.. I think you quoted the wrong post. Anyways I made my investigations already. I stopped. Personal reasons. It wasn't so hard though. Once one learned about IBM project mercury and then looked to find a person on the engineering team who has a child who has an only child.... Titor was an only child. At least thats what he said. It made the search easier.

I also found some other amazing things... but as I said I quit.

I am a Titorite, I believe the story as it was told was true. I do not thing our timelines are the same. But I do thing their are similarities worth paying attention too.

Mad cow Is already surfacing but is badly mis-diagnosed as Alzheimer. Whatch that disease Alzheimer as it continues to rise until someone finally comes clean and starts calling it CJD.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I wanted to add the reason I had found anything about him(John Titor) In the first place is I had a premonition myself of a war on US soil in 2005(not necessarily a civil war) and put those terms in a search and that thread came up with John Titor. Mine came in a dream. It didn't happen. Why? Maybe things changed or maybe it changes because we see it or get information about it, so things are avoided or maybe just put off for another four to six years. Who knows? I am hard pressed to discount the possibility of it being true. I would be heart broken if it was proven untrue, as I really want it to be so bad.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite

ummm.. I think you quoted the wrong post. Anyways I made my investigations already. I stopped. Personal reasons. It wasn't so hard though. Once one learned about IBM project mercury and then looked to find a person on the engineering team who has a child who has an only child.... Titor was an only child. At least thats what he said. It made the search easier.

I also found some other amazing things... but as I said I quit.

I am a Titorite, I believe the story as it was told was true. I do not thing our timelines are the same. But I do thing their are similarities worth paying attention too.

Mad cow Is already surfacing but is badly mis-diagnosed as Alzheimer. Whatch that disease Alzheimer as it continues to rise until someone finally comes clean and starts calling it CJD.

Sorry no, I was quoting you...I missed your prior post, went back and read it. Very interesting. So at least some of the story has substantative (sp?) support? Wow. That's really interesting. I would love someone to try to rebuild the machine from the schematics, see if it flies(so to speak). But it probably costs loads of money I guess.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
No, idyserenity I really have no proof either way.

Actually the use of the song will come in handy incase the man behind John Titor ever decides to come forward. I will make sure I have the right person. It was never meant to prove John was real but rather to identify the man who actually wrote the posts as "John".

You would not believe how many people write to me and tell me they are John. Everyone seems to want to be John or they will post on a forum and say they were John.

A lot of people have John Titor envy. A lot of people want to be John.
Don't ask me why. I needed a way to positively identify the real one and I thought of this way. Only the real one would remember our conversations
especially the song.

I say "Ok,whats the name of the song you told me to remember?"
and suddenly they fade away back into their hole. Usually I do not hear from them again. It works. Only the real John would know the song.
When the real one steps forward I will know. I have other ways to know as well but that was a major way I had.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join