It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor, time traveler from futures' warning

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Alright, I'll bite:

I love Titor, whether or not he is genuine does nothing to discount the wonderful story of the whole thing. If he was a hoax he did the one thing no one else ever does, he had pictures and schematics!

Now, I wasn't involved in the Titor discussions at the time but from what I remember from reading the transcripts I don't think he really had all that much vested in predicting the future for us. He was here to get his computer components and go back home. In fact, I bet he gets the whole "tell me the future" deal every time he comes back.

I've also always thought his divergence theory was interesting and actually in line with current multi-dimensional theory.

There is also the fact that some scientists say that we've either been visited by time travelers or time travel is impossible, I guess it comes down to which you believe.

I don't really think it takes that much of a stretch of imagination to consider time travel a reality, at least this divergence theory travel. Perhaps, if everything had lined up right, a scientist's experiment had one extra electron, we could have a working time machine similar to Titor's right now.

Of course, it is late and I'm here leisurely

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Concerning 2012, he said it would be like when Moses parted the Red Sea. Well, that's never made any sense to me until I heard that Moses was running from Pharaoh because he'd stolen technology from the Gods.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
John Titor RULES....the poem...wow, that is weird...ok, yes, i know that he could of uploaded it a few years later...yes...the wireless nodes thing is not anything amazing....but wow....what a story...and pictures....and schematics that are INCREDIBLE.....

oh....and the whole fact that as far as i can tell...the unix bug is REAL, but tbh, i could have predicted the millenium bug years before 2000, it's just simple maths and binary/hexidecimal addition...but...wow.........come on.........TBH, i'm going with hoax, but the best hoax probably ever, and I don't even like calling it a hoax because it's too cool, the imagination it inspires is brilliant, no money was requested, no information being pushed down throats. Look at some of the current big names in UFOlogy and how they flog themselves constantly on radio stations etc. John didn't do any of that, he came online one day, said he was from the future, so bring it on!

It's rare you get that kind of transparency.

Anyway, I'm just putting my 2 cents in; he rules, keep the search going, and why the heck has no one gone to minnesota and found some more info about his Grandpa!!! Its his grandad, the lineage isn't vast...we're not talking hundreds of years, we're talking 50 from now and 80 years between his time travel and his meeting in 1976........

P.s. Try and check out the new movie coming out which is discussed on KSS.

Scott Norwood is producing and directing a docudrama about john titor

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
First of all I really do hope that Titor was a hoax, because I really hope that I don't have to fight in a civil war. But the world is in the midst of a major financial meltdown right now and we have several countries already on the verge of collapse. Between the unrest in Iran, the Honduran coup, and N.korea threatening...well...everyone. It does start to bring up questions. As always we will have to keep an eye on things.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
well isn't the paradox of time travel that the future can be changed if a time traveler isn't extra cautious? i mean maybe some ripple he or another time traveler made changed another's predictions? is that what you all mean by "his timeline?" and maybe we'll just never know.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Not that I actually believe any of the story, it still is fun and intriguing.
I do have to admit, at times, I was on the fence about a certain aspect of it all.
As far as predictions go, the explaining away of non relevant events, or events that did not coincide with the predictions was quite a brilliant stoke of genius.
I must ask, though, could it be possible? Who really knows. I would like to believe so.
And that is the point. HOPE!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Well from my own understanding;
Premonitions in dreams and visions about future events are indeed a type of time travel where the Mind does the traveling etc.
I myself have had these premonitions at various times in my life one in particular,
I dream't of an event 8 hours in to the future before the event had happened and literally verbatim and to the script of my dream when it all finally transpired in real life It certainly had life altering impact on me.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I think John Titor (or whoever created him) is a Christian conservative, though I could be wrong, based on his writings.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
I think John Titor (or whoever created him) is a Christian conservative, though I could be wrong, based on his writings.

Hi
In his posts he said he is a "christian agnostic" whatever that means.

TheTilde
[edit for grammar as usual]

[edit on 4-7-2009 by TheTilde]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
I thought John titor had been exposed as that leader of the GFL crowd?

Pardon my ignorance, but what TF is The GFL CROWD?

[edit on 4-7-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

hi

I understand that in your post you are wondering why believers care about Titor's posts, even if he is real, as he is from another (aka different) timeline.
Two words: "chaotic attractors" . If you look for these words in his posts, you'll see that he explains that some things are different, but some events are so big that they exists on different timelines (imagine a big star influenceing different gravity waves).

He's a very clever man, and as someone else posted, he gave us one of the best internet stories ever seen.

You can count me as a believer too
, albeit a prudently skeptic one. titorite explained it well.

cheers
TheTilde

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

The Galactic Federation Of Light ie crazy folks.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

oh ok...lol

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I always found the story itself to be extremely entertaining at the very least. But I can't understand how anyone can actually take Time Travel for anything but a serious fantasy...Dimension walking? perhaps...but time travel? I dunno if he explained this or not because it was a while ago that I read it...but essentially, the Earth and even the entire solar system is MOVING...how do you land back in time when you don't even know where the planet was at that exact moment?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
The computer stuff doesn't hold water. It's just fiction mixed with obscure computer trivia. The 2038 issue applies to more than just UNIX, and while it is more of an issue than Y2K ever was (what a joke that bunch of fear-mongering was), it is easily fixed by any competent programmer. If they can figure out how to time travel in 2036, surely they can figure out how to change the system clock counter from a 32-bit integer to a 64-bit. You don't even really have to change any hardware; it's fixable in software. Hell, I can do it for them today, 10 years ago, or 27 years from now... take your pick.

An IBM 5100 computer from 1975 doesn't have anything to do with it. The 5100 does have the ability to work with System/360 mainframe stuff, but that has been known for quite some time. The S/360 itself has been obsolete since the 70's, and there's nobody still using one today, let alone in 2036 after surviving a nuclear war, as it seriously had less computing power than the nearly-useless 486 I have sitting in my closet right now. So, forget time-traveling to 1975 to get some old IBM 5100 to fix your incredibly obsolete mainframe... just grab a far more powerful average home computer from the 90's and replace your whole silly system with it.

It's a creative and elaborate story, but in the end it's just a story. Skepticism is a healthy thing, and it is not mutually exclusive to having an open mind. Don't let people make fools out of you with their trickery.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I like Titor also but I still have no proof whether he was real or a fraud.
I do know a lot of people get angry when you say anything about him
on forums and there really is no reason for it if they don't think he was real.
I never understood why people couldn't discuss him without anger and emotions getting involved and name calling.
Some people get down right nasty.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
No nuclear armed nation would dare attack the USA with nuclear weapons. It's called M.A.D. (mutual assured destruction) for a reason. Russia or anyone else that tried would be condemning their own population along with the whole planet to oblivion. I have to admit Titor was right about the Z-machine, but I think it's possible that he had inside info from Sandia Labs.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The hoax that was/is John Titor was perpetrated by students at a well known college in the Northeast U.S. (think about it). They were well versed in the theoretical aspects of time travel and physics as well as history.
The reason Pam knows the song/poem is because there simply isnt a shred of truth to this and she can say whatever she wants.
The proof of this is available for anyone who posseses a little more advanced knowledge of computers,networks and the vagaries of I.P. addresses.
Any time the statements Titor made regarding events in our time dont happen he conveniently states that "the timelines are slightly diferent here." I challenge anyone to dispute this with facts and logic and show this entire board why this fraud should be given any credence.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnnyflip

The reason Pam knows the song/poem is because there simply isnt a shred of truth to this and she can say whatever she wants.

I don't understand what are you talking about?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Pamela M

Pam can identify "Titor" positively because he told her to remember certain words to a certain song. How convenient.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by johnnyflip]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join