It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor, time traveler from futures' warning

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
For those of you who don't know this here's his story.

A Brief Summary of the John Titor Phenomenon
Although there is debate over the exact date it started, on November 02, 2000, a person calling themselves Timetravel_0, and later John Titor, started posting on a public forum that he was a time traveler from the year 2036.

One of the first things he did was post pictures of his time machine and its operations manual. As the weeks went by, more and more people began questioning him about why he was here, the physics of time travel and his thoughts about our time. He also posted on other forums including the now non-existent Art Bell site. In his posts John Titor entertained, angered, frightened and even belittled those who engaged him in conversation.

On March 21, 2001, John Titor told us he would be leaving our and returning to 2036. After that, he was never heard from again. Speculation and investigation about who John Titor was and why he was online continues to this day.

Although it may be easy to dismiss all this as science fiction, most people who read his posts agree that there is something very haunting about John Titor and what he said. In addition, and open to more debate, he also made a series of predictions and comments that eerily seem to be coming true.

Unfortunately, I never spoke directly to John Titor but there are many out there who have and continue to wonder about their experience. As you get deeper and deeper into the story, you will find his posts, links to other sites about him, downloads and speculative information attributed to him after he left. I have taken the posts and organized them by date and subject. My editorial work is copyrighted but the unedited posts and the people who experienced it are in the public domain can be found on other sites listed inside.

As you read, please try to keep two things in mind:

1. John appeared to answer nearly every question that was asked of him over the 4-month period he was online. Because of that, many people neglected to read the previous posts and asked similar or exact questions he had already answered. It may offer a glimpse of what a time traveler goes through when having the same conversation again and again.

2. These posts were written before 911, the Discovery accident and the second gulf war. Many people believe John may have known of these events and dropped clues without actually referring to them. It's also widely agreed that he made several predictions about future physics discoveries that have materialized as he stated.

I have included a guest book where you may leave your comments. I will endeavor to respond to any questions you have based on my work.
www.johntitor.com...
John's Posts about Civil War

remember 2036 very clearly. It is difficult to describe 2036 in detail without spending a great deal of time explaining why things are so different. In 2036, I live in central Florida with my family and I'm currently stationed at an Army base in Tampa. A world war in 2015 killed nearly three billion people. The people that survived grew closer together. Life is centered on the family and then the community. I cannot imagine living even a few hundred miles away from my parents. There is no large industrial complex creating masses of useless food and recreational items. Food and livestock is grown and sold locally. People spend much more time reading and talking together face to face. Religion is taken seriously and everyone can multiply and divide in their .s.Life has changed so much over my lifetime that it's hard to pin down a "normal" day. When I was 13, I was a soldier. As a teenager, I helped my dad haul cargo. I went to college when I was 31 and I was recruited to "time travel" shortly after that. Again, I suppose an average day in 2036 is like an average day on the farm. There is a civil war in the United States that starts in 2005. That conflict flares up and down for 10 years.

In 2015, Russia launches a nuclear strike against the major cities in the United States (which is the "other side" of the civil war from my perspective), China and Europe. The United States counter attacks. The US cities are destroyed along with the AFE (American Federal Empire)...thus we (in the country) won. The European Union and China were also destroyed. Russia is now our largest trading partner and the Capitol of the US was moved to Omaha Nebraska. One of the biggest reasons why food production is localized is because the environment is affected with disease and radiation. We are making huge strides in getting it cleaned up. Water is produced on a community level and we do eat meat that we raise ourselves. After the war, early new communities gathered around the current Universities. That's where the libraries were. I went to school at Fort UF, which is now called the University of Florida. Not too much is different except the military is large part of people's life and we spend a great deal of time in the fields and farms at the "University" or Fort. The Constitution was changed after the war. We have 5 presidents that are voted in and out on different term periods. The vice president is the president of the senate and they are voted separately. Why is time travel used? I am here for personal reasons. For a few months now, I have bee trying to alert anyone that would listen to the possibility of a civil war in the United States in 2005. Does that seem more likely now? Actually it's quite amazing to see what's happening. I have been trying to get people to pay attention for the last few months but to see it unfold is very interesting. Before I leave, I'll try and post my report.
www.johntitor.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
this has been floating around ATS since it all started, just have to do a quick google search on ATS site and add it to that thread. .. but, for those who don't know about JT.. it's a good start ..

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Think I may have been asleep since 2004 and only just woken up to log into ATS, was there a civil war in the US in 2005? and if so why is there never any mention of it in the news or American TV shows?

Probably came back from the future and changed his own history by warning the people in the past.

Sorry but what a load of bunkum.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

There was Indeed a third world war in 2005....Blood in the streets, tanks, nuclear weapons and EVERYTHING!

I think this John Titor guy is on the level.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Well since this is still open I shall post my two cents. (The mods are normally strict about this particular topic.)

I think it is important to remember that Titor said several times that this timeline is not exactly like his timeline... in fact his time line DID have the Y2K event where as we did not. So I find that fact important to reflect on when thinking on Titor.

As you can guess I believe his story. Everyone is entitled to an irrational belief this one is mine. I base it on the fact that many of the things he has spoken on came to pass. The war ,the poem, The high efficiency 3d solar cells, the politics all of it has come to pass and while we are not in a shooting war yet is that really so easy to dismiss. I mean with our economy and internal polices do you really think the US is NOT preparing to crack down on whomever they label as domestic terrorists?

I read Titors story and I believe it.... But I do so with the understanding that his timeline is different from ours and that we can not base what happened to him as gospel that will happen to us. I think some things will play out the same way... I think mad cow disease is an under reported problem ...especially with Alzheimer on a sharp rise... I think we will have our own N-day some day.... too many nukes in the world... at some point the nations that have them will use them. I think a civil war is inevitable and whats more, I think those with power, the rothschilds and bilderburgs etc etc. want this to happen so that they can use the war to their own advantage...

So I still urge any and all to look at his story with an open mind and to keep in mind that although his timeline is not our timeline .... the things that happened to his world can and most likely will happen to us.... just on a different time table.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I thought John titor had been exposed as that leader of the GFL crowd?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
NO Mr. sarcastic pants. John Titor has not been proven to be the GFL leader.

To this day nobody has come forward to claim that they were john titor. At least not with any truth... Many liars have said that they were John Titor but just in case Titor told Pam to remember a certain song... If anyone who steps up to claim the John Titor title then they are asked to tell what that song was.. the song only Pam knows....

And to this day John Titor has never posted again... Not that anyone knows of at any rate.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Not another Titor thread..

What? Someone had to say it..

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Titor is fun and all but... give me a break.

the only verifiable, concrete prediction mentioned here is the one about Civil War in 2005. and it didn't happen.

from where i stand right now, the whole thing's a joke. you can say that Titor's timeline is slightly different... what a cop-out. so we can focus on things which vaguely come true, and dismiss blatantly wrong predictions as being 'different timeline'. er... see anything wrong with this picture?

Titorite says that Titor made some predictions which came true in areas like physics: could someone please outline them briefly??? Given the information in this thread so far, no sane person should take the Titor story seriously.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

There was Indeed a third world war in 2005....Blood in the streets, tanks, nuclear weapons and EVERYTHING!

Please explain as i was hiding under some rocks somewhere.....
and wasnt that supposed to be a civil war?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
If you want the predictive comparison I created one here

I'm sure I should update it but for the list of things he got both correct and thus far incorrect you can dare to compare there.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I still think titor thing was part of some nsa thing, where they knew of certain things that where being planned.

Although i think the americans already have time travel and the nsa probably already has the tech.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I am glad I never got into this part of the ATS bundle...

I'll give him one for getting that poem right but I must say that time travel is way too complicated to talk about without either your brain exploding or a shouting match.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

So even IF JT is from the future, it doesn't matter what 'predictions' he makes as it only affects 'other' parrallel dimensions, so this 'civil war' in 2005 affected another United States , thats why there hasn't been any news of it.
So in another dimension or parrallel Earth Im very rich and got a very pretty dollybird hanging on my arm, cool.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith

So even IF JT is from the future, it doesn't matter what 'predictions' he makes as it only affects 'other' parrallel dimensions, so this 'civil war' in 2005 affected another United States , thats why there hasn't been any news of it.
So in another dimension or parrallel Earth Im very rich and got a very pretty dollybird hanging on my arm, cool.

Exactly, time travel is only possible between realities, his timeline is different from ours, its in a parallell universe. I think it was physicist michio kaku that explained it in layman terms so we non genius people could understand. Here are a few short videos about time travel with M. Kaku.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by reugen

Indeed that is correct. Our timelines are different but their are significant similarities too. I tend to watch for those similarities Like Mad Cow disease. Already Japanese research scientists have found that the incubation period in mice can be years long. In humans that can translate into decades. Meaning if you ate tainted meat in the 90s you might not manifest symptoms untill the 20 teens. Also Alzheimer is on the rise and the symptoms of Alzheimer and vCJD mirror one another.

I also look to see China expand into NK and the Philippians and make it all the way to Australia. Of course that one is just a mathematical fact. A nation of one billion people...Mostly men.... They gotta do something if they want wives. In fact I would bet that NK is more scared of China than they are of the US... But that is a war to wait for..

And in the US .... well it doesn't take a time traveler to read the writing on the walls... The revolution at home is not happening on the same timeline as Titors but when homeland security designates protesters as terrorists (Their is a story about it here on ATS) and the police beat up the EMTs.... It is really just a matter of time.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Still trying to get my thick . around this so bear with me.

So all this talk about JT actually BEING a time traveller is nonsense, before you flame listen to what I'm saying.

He's not a time traveller but a 'dimension traveller' there is no such thing as time travel as such but if you 'dimensionally jump' then you take a chance as to what period of man you land in, seeing as I understand or hear there are infinite dimensions and each is at a certain particular time.
We are here in ours here and now but there is one that is 1 minute behind where I ( my alter ego) is about to start typing this post, then there is another where I have already posted.
Plus ALL the others from my birth to my death, plus all the other inifinte dimensions during at least Earths history, present and future each based on , after and during decisions made, to be made?

So JT if he is a time traveller IS actually a dimension hopper and therefore ANY information given is not a 'prediction or prophesy' but a story about HIS particular dimension, and if it is the case that he came here to 'tell his story' of his dimension surely he could've seen what lead upto HIS 2005 civil war and noticed if any , any similarities to OUR stage. therefore warning US about ' if you continue to do 'X' then this will/may happen? .

So he didn't come here from OUR future just his world to one (ours) that is similar.

I don't / can't dismiss time travel ( having never experienced it myself) but find it unfeasible that people can get all excited about some person telling us 'X' happened / or will happen in ( insert date) as clearly if you know about it , it changes the outcome anyway, and if your from the future and you actually go to YOUR past and try to affect the history then surely your setting your own timeline up for a paradox, you know the type the old kill my grandkid as a kid paradox, where you kill your granddad when he's a kid , he doesn't have kids himself , so you can't be born to travel back and kill your own grandfather paradox. Time travel knock on effects would negate the possibility of interferring only to observe what HAS happened.

My thinking is this :

There's this person time travelling , his past is set and EVERYTHING has happened that allowed him to travel in time, if he interferres with ANYONE , either by talking , touching or interracting in ANY WAY, then he alters that persons personal timeline.
Now this individual the TT has interracted with had to make a choice |( something simple like turning left instead of right at a junction) the events of the past will alter the conclusion of the future, IF said individual is killed in a car crash BECAUSE he turned left instead of right then ALL the individuals actions words , intreractions with other people is erased, therefore paradox.
Every interaction we have with each other affects them AND us in some way, even if its a smile off a good looking person on in a lift / elevator, it makes you think about that person, ( enough to be of a wandering mind and not watching the road when you cross hypothetically) , a word can make you angry or sad or happy, every event that has happened now affects the future.
Now imagine a child in Iran for example , he's killed by accident but in another reality or even our own future he could hold the answer that saves us all.?
Surely any time traveller worth his salt and with ANY compassion or thought for HIS OWN WORLD would only OBSERVE the past and not interferre, to try and keep as minimum the contact as possible IN FEAR of altering or erasing his own world.

Anyone who claims they are from our future is wrong , unless he is the last person in the world and his last ever act to to change the catastrophic events that lead to his worlds demise, even then its a hell of a chance that the end result is any better than the one he left behind.

To tell us that we end our own world by doing 'x' should be listened to but to be totally honest, ANY person claiming to come from our future will have NO effect on the future of our world because TPTB want their way NOW and to hell with the future , they would be 'debriefed' i.e killed to be kept quiet and any technology /information stolen for their benefit and not ours.
SO if your claiming to be a time traveller then please don't advertise the fact to all and sundry, go to the people / person that can actually help make a difference, if you can find them.

Dimension travelling is fine as any interaction between traveller and indigenous inhabitants will not have any effect on the travellers reality or dimension, whereas ANY coincidental history ( if traveller is from a more futurist era) can be altered to make the end result more beneficial to the inhabitants. Like a 2009/2010 nuclear war here to be averted by someone whos own dimension who HAD the nuclear war happen .

confused you will be, I know I am.

[edit on 16/6/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   

I have always thought of his story as a timeline hopper/ dimensional traveler myself. The label of time traveler is just a label of convenience.

According to him and the scientists in the field infinite realities exist. The only thing the dual singularity drive was ever good for was going back and retrieving objects. The mere act of observation changes the outcome right... SO no mater what , once you move back you just being there changes things...

As for paradox? I don't know a thing about that. I mean I understand what it is just not how it could be achieved for if it was achieved how could it be observed?

Still I think paying attention to his story has some merit.. otherwise Why would I be called titorite

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Dont get me wrong I understand the need to learn and for restraint in anger / animosity towards enemies, and that ANY kind of warning even if its from a so called time traveller should be heeded , but to claim something unproven is dangerous even on a personal level as said time traveler could be called a nutjob or worse institutionalised by the Government.

And if your own beliefs / thinking processes ties along with someone elses thinking why not call yourself a titorite? go for it mate.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
there has been a real possibility of a civil war since 2004 our only saving grace is most people in this country have become sheeple and does what the tv says to do. people are starting to wake up again witch is a good thing but i doubt it would come to violence unless 9-11 was proven to be an inside job(hasn't been proven either way) cause all of congress would have to have been involved in the cover up ,we would need a whole new system of government and the elite will not go down without a fight. Or if OBAMA lost the elction we would be seeing people doing whats going on in IRAN
as for nuke war its more possible now were destroying our defensive capabilities under this admin who will spend 700billion to save no more than 3 million jobs for4 yrs but wont spend 15 billion to secure our defense for 30 to 35 yrs, so if have no capability to use conventional military in all situations in the future that require it then the chance of nuke use goes up dramatically

but that may be what the elite want

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join