It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin calls David Letterman "Dirty old Man" and implies he's unsafe around girls!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I can't help it...i found this funny. She blasted Letterman pretty good...insinuating that Letterman isn't safe around 14 year old girls!

What do I think this is? It's a mother mad as hell about someone attacking her kids..and that's fine with me. Letterman is kinda getting what he deserves.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I think she pretty dumb, and shouldnt be in the public eye. and he probably is a dirty old man.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Sarah Palin brought her family into the public eye back during her campaign.

You can't Have your cake and "eat it too"

She started talking about her daughters baby and how noble she is for taking care of a mentally retarded child....yadda yadda yadda. Abstinence preaching from a whore mother bearing children out of wedlock?

Talk about hypocrisy.

Then gets all flustered when she comes under fire and criticism.

If you are going to boast about your family in public venues, you should anticipate ridicule about short comings.

It comes with the territory. Don't like it? Don't play the game.

I'm with David Letterman. It's a damn joke.

Although they do say every joke has a hint of truth to it -perhaps thats why she's so pissed off?

Can't handle the truth.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Fremd]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

Naturally, when Palin was running, she's going to show her family. All candidates do to some extent.

That doesn't make it right to say anything about their family though. The family of someone who's in the public eye is off limits, until a family member puts themselves into the spotlight, like McCain's daughter did.

Imagine the stink if Letterman had made a joke about Obama's kids.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

Abstinence preaching from a whore mother bearing children out of wedlock?

Wow....I hope no one ever calls your mother that.

But then again..you made yourself available to the game so to speak...so I guess that's fine too! You can't have your cake and eat it too.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

The Palin girl that has a kid actually said that abstinence doesn't work [though I disagree]. As far as I know, because she believes that, she doesn't go around preaching abstinence.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by Fremd

Wow....I hope no one ever calls your mother that.

But then again..you made yourself available to the game so to speak...so I guess that's fine too! You can't have your cake and eat it too.

actually you're very, terribly, and laughably wrong.

Im not bringing my mother into this conversation. You did. I didnt come in here and say "Look what my mom has done"

So...sorry bud, keep grasping for those straws....

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by Fremd

The Palin girl that has a kid actually said that abstinence doesn't work [though I disagree]. As far as I know, because she believes that, she doesn't go around preaching abstinence.

thats funny

"I'm not quite sure, I just want to go out there and promote abstinence and say, this is the safest choice. This is the choice that's going to prevent teen pregnancy and prevent a lot of heartache."

Bristol Palin says absintence works

Oh, but she flip flopped, so now it's okay?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
One day people like her won't be around anyway as we will be one gender, and people like both those should not exist. They are both as sex mad as the other, and she is probably a wannabee paedo as well wih young boys as he is with young girls.

Thats solves the discussion.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

Whore mother?

I agree with David. Although you didn't bring you mother into it you are talking about somebodies mother.

Before you speak about another mother think about how you would feel if someone said the same of yours. Its not about being PC, its about showing the same respect for a mother as you would want them to show towards yours.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

Obviously you can't see the double standard here. Obama brought his kids out and paraded them around on stage, but nobody made jokes about them.

No consistency. Palin is the woman the left loves to hate.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
She does go around preaching abstinence. Not only has her mother brought her into the public eye, but she has now firmly positioned herself there!

No one complained about all the Britney Spears jokes, and she was married and wealthy when her kids were born!

There is no excuse for today's culture of "Baby-daddies" or "Baby-mamas" that are so mainstream that songs are made in their honor!!!

I am not for abstinence; I'm not even for monogamy, but I am certainly for birth control!! I was past 30 before I had my children, and it was still more difficult than I imagined! I could not have done it at 25, 21, 18 or 16...NO WAY!

I am not advocating shotgun weddings, I am just saying education and birth control, and an honest assessment of the situation in our highschools is needed. No amount of well-wishing or fruity ideals will overcome the hormones in a teenager's body! So let's deal with it up front and out in the open.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

No, with you making the accusation makes you fair game for the same circumstance....by your reasoning.

Public eye means nothing.

Ask one person in here that has children if they would not stick up for their kid if someone attacked them when in reality they did nothing wrong themselves.

My blood would be boiling and I sure as hell wouldn't let it slide.

Also...if it is public eye..and you ran for office...would it be ok for people to THEN call your mother names..or your child's name...you wouldn't be pissed off?

Do you have children?

It's not a Sarah Palin thing....it's a parent/child thing.

If anyone said anything about my parents or my children...I'd definitely not take it lightly.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I do not think its a mother thing, i think its a sex mad women calling a sex amd male names. They should release details of every one she has fantasies about and then see if she is a wannabee paedophile for young boys. She is right on letterman, but she should look at her self, she is probably sex mad for boys as well.

The hypocrisy from these clowns is amazing.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I would say that she is preaching abstinence because she herself is seeing how hard it is to be a young mother and has the oppurtunity to reach other young adults.

Its not that she has flipped flopped on the issue, its that she has first hand knoweledge of how hard it is and probably wishes she had been smarter about it.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Well, since you choose to abandon intelligent conversation in favor of pandering, allow me to point out how you're wrong in "my reasoning"

i said

Sarah Palin brought her family into the public eye back during her campaign.

You can't Have your cake and "eat it too"

Sarah palin brought her family into the public eye because she was boasting about the mentally retarded child and how noble they were, and abstinence this, and abstinence that.

Then, after the wool was lifted, and everyone seen it for what it was, and the ridicule started, then all you heard from Sarah was "don't talk about my family, leave them out of this"

Sarah Palin herself brought them into it.
Not anyone else.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by Fremd

Naturally, when Palin was running, she's going to show her family. All candidates do to some extent.

That doesn't make it right to say anything about their family though. The family of someone who's in the public eye is off limits, until a family member puts themselves into the spotlight, like McCain's daughter did.

Imagine the stink if Letterman had made a joke about Obama's kids.

I'm calling B.S. on this.

First, if you are going to use your children as shills to gain votes, you can't say they are off limits. It's a double edged sword. The hypocrissy in this line of thinking is incredible.

Second, the Bush twins were tabloid fodder for 8 years(heck, they even posted nude pictures of one of them). Everyone was okay with that.

Third, it was a damn joke, by a guy that is paid to make jokes. Get over it.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

You fail to even see the point I'm trying to make.

And how does being in the public eye not allow you to be angry and scrutinize those who insult your children?

Would you let it slide if you were suddenly publicly known?

This is nothing but your hate for this woman.

She can preach abstinence all day....it doesn't freakin matter. Kids make mistakes!

I don't know any parents who tell their kids to go out and get a piece!

Cripes man.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

From the same article:

Of course, Palin made headlines in February when she declared that abstinence is "not realistic at all." Now she says the quote was "taken out of context. ... I do think it's realistic. It's the harder choice, but it's the safest choice."

She did say originally that abstinence doesn't work. Now she's saying, it's safer, but harder. Of course, even people against abstinence will admit that it's safer. Bristol probably got an ear full from her mother and tweeked her position a little bit.

In the end, originally, she said that abstinence isn't realistic.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

No, i see the point you're trying to make. But you're ignoring facts and making up things in order to try and make the point.

Sarah Palin can't use her family to gain votes, then get pissy if any of them come under ridicule.

Nobody was talking about her family until Sarah Palin started bragging.

Thats MY Point.

Would you let it slide if you were suddenly publicly known?

If i were publicly known, i'd be sure i kept my family out of the public eye. I wouldnt go on TV and talk about them non-stop in attempts to pander votes.

Sarah Palin, however, did.
Do i really need to post all the old news articles of her bragging? Brag brag brag brag brag brag. Then? Nothing but whiney toddlerish moaning and groaning because the rest of the world didn't "fall under her spell" and didnt buy into the "palin perfect" family bull crap.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join