Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Sarah Palin calls David Letterman "Dirty old Man" and implies he's unsafe around girls!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Forget Sarah coming onto the Letterman show.

If Dave has any guts, He'd invite Todd Palin on the Show.
Let Dave apologize to Todd, for trashing his 14 year old, and his wife.
I'd would actually tune in to Letterman for that show.
Heck, I'll bet the whole country would watch that exchange.

Dave Versus Todd.

Dave? are you listening? You need the ratings.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I thought the right only had bigots and sexists?

Looks like I was wrong on that one!

Hypocrites.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by contemplator

pentecostal

Why does it matter that she's pentecostal? While, I'm not pentecostal and disagree with them on issues, I wouldn't use that as a reason to show how "bad" a person someone is.

I stand corrected. Someone whose hobbies include praying for the end times and talking in tongues is surely a benefit to society. Now if you'll excuse me I need to disembark on my helicopter gunship to shoot some animals.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Someone whose hobbies include praying for the end times and talking in tongues is surely a benefit to society.

How bigoted to mock someone's beliefs! While speaking in tongues some people find crazy, it is those same "crazies" that donate to charities and other causes at a higher rate than atheists.

When someone "prays" for the endtimes, its not for destruction, but for the hope that Jesus would return. The majority of Christians pray for Jesus' return.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I don't understand why people get so up in arms about others poking fun at Sarah Palin and her family? The same people who do so get bent out of shape when others get defensive about Obama saying they worship him like he's the messiah or something.

Do the people who defend Palin see any difference between getting upset about people joking about her and those who get upset at people poking fun at Obama?

It's an honest question because I really want to know. (For clarity, I don't like Obama or Palin so don't go down that road)

On another note, why doesn't anyone get upset at all the other people David Letterman makes tasteless jokes about? What makes it any different. I'm sure you laugh when he makes a crude joke about Paris Hilton or Angelina Jolie's adopted children.

A joke is a joke and either everyone is off limits or no one is. You can't have it both ways. Sarah Palin is a flippin POLITICIAN for Crimeny's sake! Those people are prime fodder for EVERYONE! (and rightly so)

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I got green money that says Willow will be knocked up before she reaches 16.

I also got green money that says Levi will split from Bristol before Sarah announces her candidacy next year and be stuck with child support.

Actually Sarah Palins family exemplifies the American family to a T.

It's very dangerous to hold yourself up as an example and be shown to have feet of clay, a lier and a hypocrite.

The dembs are praying for Sarah to run again.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The joke may have intended to be about the 18 year old, but she was not in NY. Therefore, the joke was and is about the 14 year old, regardless of any explanation.

Palin may have put her family in the spotlight. I would agree that may allow them to be scrutinized. But at what amount? This was a tasteless joke even if it were intended at the older girl. It's insulting and does nothing but create negativity.

It was classless and uneccessary. I find it hard to understand how people think it's acceptable.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Hang on, so it's wrong for letterman to blast the child of an idiot, but it's fine for said idiot to blast him for having a go at her child? Look either both are right or neither are. However for her to criticise him and then have a go in the same vain is just hypocrisy.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Hem ...

Why do I always have to be the one that says ...

Who cares?

Sheesh!

I hate when ATS goes through TMZitis.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pabama
The joke may have intended to be about the 18 year old, but she was not in NY. Therefore, the joke was and is about the 14 year old, regardless of any explanation.

Ummm, what? His joke was obviously about the upstanding unwed dropout mother who's somehow preaching abstinence.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
and david letterman saves his piece of crap show from a ratings collapse

for a few days , for a few days

soon he will need another "ratings boost", but at whom's expense? his own?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by schabadoo

Originally posted by Pabama

Ummm, what? His joke was obviously about the upstanding unwed dropout mother who's somehow preaching abstinence.

ya it was about the 14year old

why does it matter anyway? this is just a sad ploy for ratings..nothing more, nothing less

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Three words folks: Freedom Of Speech. If she doesn't like it, too bad. I think this is all BS designed (by her) to keep her in the public eye. Gods forbid we actually forget about some insignificant politico for more than a few weeks.

Chrono

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

Obama's daughters are nothing but little teeny bopping twin wh*res who think only about money, clothing and boys, and I hope they're careful as they might get knocked up in school just as Palin's daughter might've been knocked up. Especially if they dress like slutty flight attendants

Now is it even? or do you somehow believe that the Obama daugthers are "off limits"?

Nobody will ever deny anyone else's rights to free speech. But that being said, there is such a thing as common decency and respect. Letterman doesn't have that, and neither do you for supporting these actions.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Back to the topic, minus all the politics...

Just exactly how old does a guy have to be to bust the membrane between being a 'healthy guy' and a 'dirty old man'?

Following that, just exactly what sort of behavior defines a 'dirty old man' that is not exhibited by the younger 'healthy guy'?

Evidently, there is a threshold between sowing wild oats and just sucking on the oatmeal, that is less than defined.

Just curious...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Forget Sarah coming onto the Letterman show.

If Dave has any guts, He'd invite Todd Palin on the Show.
Let Dave apologize to Todd, for trashing his 14 year old, and his wife.
I'd would actually tune in to Letterman for that show.
Heck, I'll bet the whole country would watch that exchange.

Dave Versus Todd.

Dave? are you listening? You need the ratings.

Agreed, believe me, if that had been MY kids, they'd have to hire a whole squad of security guards and cover the doors with cement, just to try and keep me out. I don't think Letterman would be alive if given the chance.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom

Someone whose hobbies include praying for the end times and talking in tongues is surely a benefit to society.

How bigoted to mock someone's beliefs! While speaking in tongues some people find crazy, it is those same "crazies" that donate to charities and other causes at a higher rate than atheists.

Now that's funny. They all voted Bush too who has invested trillions into weapons and a war machine to kill millions of innocents.. out of sight out of mind is obviously your motto. You're all vicious murderers playing the pious act if you ask me. Wether it was in the crusades, or supporting war warmongering Palinites in 2008 to fund global destruction against 'non-believers'. And before you attack me, look at it this way.. I am one of God's children and my posts are God's will so for you to attack my posts and my reasoning is a direct attack on God's will. He will be angry with you, repent now.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fremd

Well, since you choose to abandon intelligent conversation in favor of pandering, allow me to point out how you're wrong in "my reasoning"

Well you kinda lost the whole "intelligent conversation" battle with your uncouth remarks in your first post in this thread. To me, I can't take you seriously after that kind of comment. You have a good day.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Oh for f's sake...
Y'know people really need to lighten up.
When you step into the public's eye, you need to understand that aspects of your personal life are going to be open to scrutiny.
In this day and age of 'political correctness' (of which I abhor to the very core of my being) everyone is just so darn sensitive and I'm so sick of it.
And if this is what's making news these days, I'm so glad that I don't watch television.
First off, Letterman is a comedian, he takes shots at people.
Secondly, who freakin' cares?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Cut the logic stuff buddy!
Haven't you heard?
There is no room for logic in politics.
It's all emotions, and we're venting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join