Sarah Palin calls David Letterman "Dirty old Man" and implies he's unsafe around girls!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glencairn
Just no. You don't make jokes about someone's 14 year old daughter getting knocked up and expect the parent of said 14 year old to not be angry.

Sarah Palin wants to negatively affect the lives of teens of other American Parents with her "abstinence only" push for legislation, therefore, her teen daughter is NOT OFF LIMITS.

Sarah Palin forfeited her 14 year old daughter's public shield by supporting (as a Governor and Presidential candidate) "abstinence only" teen sex education, which is a proven FAILURE of an approach as underscored by the fact that her other teen daughter (Bristol) got knocked up as a teen out of wedlock.

Sarah Palin's power to impose a dangerous policy on other teens that will have a direct negative impact on lives of children of millions of American Parents is the reason Sarah and her entire family are NOT off limits.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fremd
reply to post by asmall89

Sarah Palin says "look at my family arent they perfect"
Then bam - Bristol gets pregnant - not married, etc etc

the public says "well, perfect, no. Having a child out of wedlock goes against conservative values, thats called hypocrisy"

She brought ALL OF THIS on herself through her "look at us" appraoch to politics, when it should have been look at "me"!

I don't ever think I saw Palin say her family is perfect... no family is perfect. And Wedlock is NOT against conservative values, it's against CHRISTIAN VALUES! Abortion is against Conservative values. Just because she is Sarah Palins daughter doesn't mean she has the same views as her mother, do you have the same views as your parents? Teenagers rebel, do things their parents don't want, it's natural and people need to lay off it.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I hope Palins next flight crosses paths with the latest ufo vortex.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
...according to palin supporters, its not okay for someone to make jokes about palin and fam but its okay for palin to call someone a dirty old man and a risk to young girls... the double standard hooey is shocking, i tell ya, just shocking (yawn)...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Sarah Palin's power to impose a dangerous policy on other teens that will have a direct negative impact on lives of children of millions of American Parents is the reason Sarah and her entire family are NOT off limits.

Ok, Teaching abstinence is dangerous as opposed to boning everyone under the sun and getting an STD?

So you're saying a parent shouldn't discourage their children to have sex...but encourage them or just ignore it all together? Teaching them to make good decisions is a wrong thing?

I'm not going to tell my daughter to go out, have fun, and then give her a condom "just in case."

Come on man!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

...according to palin supporters, its not okay for someone to make jokes about palin and fam but its okay for palin to call someone a dirty old man and a risk to young girls... the double standard hooey is shocking, i tell ya, just shocking (yawn)...

You don't understand. Letterman did this for ratings...and by doing that he slandered her children.

If you have children, and someone criticized and made horrible jokes about them....what would you do?

Nothing?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Not true..Though, I'm not a rabid Palin supporter. I feel she was really railroaded during the primaries. The horrible stuff that was said about her, then repeated until it was "true". Did make me sick.

This isn't about the jokes about her. This is about going after her 14 year old, in a very disgusting way. Letterman may say it was about the older daughter, but all that does is make it feel a little less disgusting.

I don't like when either side take's cheap shots at the kids. it's pretty low-brow.
But it also shows there really isn't a lot of difference between either side of politics these days.

The Obama Girls are a couple of beautiful young ladies, and I hope nobody goes after them. Besides, it's not their fault Pappa is a detriment to our country!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
OK, so what's the score, is it Palin 3 - Letterman 2 or Letterman 3 - Palin 2? I can't seem to keep up with this nonsense.

I certainly don't blame her for being mad about the joke, it was certainly below the-belt lowbrow schtick, but hey, that's Letterman for ya. Been doing it forever.

But the old "any press is good press" adage might not apply here, she should just let it drop, IMO.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by contemplator

Why do you hope that something happens to Palin?
Is it because she defended her children?
Why do you hate her so much?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

They are just attacking her because they hate her...PERIOD. If someone were to say this about Obama's kids I would be equally disgusted...whether they've been in the public more or not.

Name a person who wouldn't defend their children!!!

I've asked...yet NO ANSWERS.

Because EVERYONE will lash out at anyone who says anything bad about their children.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I can't speak for anyone else, but for me this isn't about Sarah Palin and her position on any policy. It is about being the parent of a daughter and how I would react if anyone dared to be dangerously stupid enough to say this about my child.

Look, if Letterman has no problem showing himself for the pervert he seems to be, that's on him. However, in most places in this country having sex with a 14 year old child is rape. As the parent of a daughter, I heard his comment and heard "Sure, rape a child and knock her up, I'll tell people that it's okay because it was 'just a joke' and really, it's only about raping that Palin kid so who is going to care about that anyway?" That is not acceptable. Not ever. We don't joke about raping children.

Just no.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The joke was about the 18 year old daughter. The one that got pregnant. That should be obvious.

It's really Letterman's writers that should take the hit for not researching which daughter went to game and allowing that joke to go live.

Was it bad taste? Yes.

Is Letterman a pedophile, or 'unsafe around girls'? Absolutely not.

I don't think I've ever seen Letterman's show so I'm not going to comment on his material or television personality. However, Sarah Palin's assumption that because he joked about her daughter getting pregnant means he's a 'dirty old man' is just as ridiculous as the joke itself.

If we keep letting harmless little quips affect us so deeply, pretty soon CENSORSHIP will rear its ugly head, and before you know it we will be even less able to exercise our first amendment rights.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Glencairn

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me this isn't about Sarah Palin and her position on any policy. It is about being the parent of a daughter and how I would react if anyone dared to be dangerously stupid enough to say this about my child.

That's the exact point I'm making...thank you! Everyone is looking at it as "politics" and "celebrity."

It's not.

It's about a mother and her children!

Everyone is so quick to smear and judge her that they overlook this. It's natural...any parent would do the same thing!

She may have attacked Letterman....she didn't go after HIS kid.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

That's not true. When Letterman made the joke, Sarah and Willow attended a Yankees game that day. The day after, it was understood that the joke was about Willow, that is what really ticked everyone off.

Letterman then did a backstep saying, "D'uh, well, it was about the 18 year old."

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

Why do you hope that something happens to Palin?
Why do you hate her so much?

Because she's a piece of human excrement, scaremongering self serving pentecostal lunatic anti-science freak. -for starters. I don't have time to write pages.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
If anything I think this just proves how caddy Palin is and isn't fit to be a responsible leader.

Making quips suggesting some can be likened to a child molester (and YOU KNOW that is what she was going for) is just as bad as someone attacking your child who had a baby out of wedlock.

I have NEVER seen Sarah Palin take the high road and that is what bothers me.

Political views completely aside, as a human being, I just don't think she has any class.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

pentecostal

Why does it matter that she's pentecostal? While, I'm not pentecostal and disagree with them on issues, I wouldn't use that as a reason to show how "bad" a person someone is.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fremd
Sarah Palin brought her family into the public eye back during her campaign.

You can't Have your cake and "eat it too"

She started talking about her daughters baby and how noble she is for taking care of a mentally retarded child....yadda yadda yadda. Abstinence preaching from a whore mother bearing children out of wedlock?

Talk about hypocrisy.

Then gets all flustered when she comes under fire and criticism.

If you are going to boast about your family in public venues, you should anticipate ridicule about short comings.

It comes with the territory. Don't like it? Don't play the game.

I'm with David Letterman. It's a damn joke.

Although they do say every joke has a hint of truth to it -perhaps thats why she's so pissed off?

Can't handle the truth.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Fremd]

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Fremd]

Exactly......The more you put yourself out there the more open to whatever....

That is why people love to see bad things happen to people who are arrogant and cocky because they put themselves out there, or celebrities who butt into other people's business.....

That being said.......I'm glad she stuck up for her daughter....at least it shows she cares about her family....

It was just a top 10 list joke though.......But everything pisses somebody off now a days.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

No hatred there!
Human excrement..

What do your beliefs say about the People of Alaska, the ones who elected her?
I bet they're all indoctrinated by her belief systems.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
It's sad to see a person clinging to their ten minutes of fame before one's eyes.

Plus taking on Letterman is never a good idea ...

He's on five nights a week and he's got a bigger market share that her.

Mc. Cain learned that lesson the hard way during his campaign.
But hey, she's back on tv right.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join