It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fear of 2012, a Near Death Experience for Humanity.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Nearly every day I read a new theory about 2012, a new version of what is meant to happen. Planetary alignment, a greater consciousness, enlightenment, Nibiru, etc etc, etc.

What is without question is that forums like ATS have been discussing this for quite some time. Now, thanks to movies such as '2012', National Geographic documentaries and newspaper articles this date is also on the lips of the general populace.

As the date 211212 (122112 for our American friends) approaches, one can only imagine the level of anxiety, worry, panic and wonderment that the world's population will be experiencing. Imagine the night before, like a child on Christmas eve except filled with dread and fear. Now contemplate the relief, the joy and the overwhelming feeling of having dodged a bullet when on 221212 the world wakes up and we are all okay.

Could it be possible that when the world is fine the relief and happiness felt by mankind could lead to an improved and more spiritually awake humanity?

Like a near death experiecnce, but not for an individual but for mankind. Instead of a single person seeing the white light and coming back to the land of the living, full of desires to live life to the full and to be kind to his friends and family- could it be the whole of humanity that has the lucky escape, and considering this could we all gain a higher consciousness?

Could the relief and release of emotion that humanity experiences when 2012 comes and goes lead to a world where we appreciate our planet and one another like never before? - a higher level of spiriuality, awareness of nature and love.

This is nothing to do with planets, clouds or calendars, just a belief in something that will be tangible as 2012 approaches. FEAR then RELIEF, the fear that December 21st will bring about a huge global change, somewhat like the Millennium Bug panic but on a much larger scale. Then the relief when we are all okay.

I'd appreciate any and all thoughts on this.

Thanks, Kiwifoot.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Cheers is what I say. People have been preaching doomsday forever.

What people need to do is get positive and tell their loved ones that they love them.

Humanity has manged to survive for a very long time, and if everyone loved others, we still could.

Let's banish greed and fear, in other words the devil.

Let us embrace God, Jesus and Love.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
This is one of the most reasonable scenarios for 2012 I've read. Personally I don't think much will happen but this is way more plausable than a hidden planet sneaking up on us...

The only downside to this theory is that most people are aware of 2012 but like everyone else, they don't know what is going to happen and they generally aren't afraid. I don't know anyone (in person) that is in a panic over the date..

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Estharik
This is one of the most reasonable scenarios for 2012 I've read. Personally I don't think much will happen but this is way more plausable than a hidden planet sneaking up on us...

The only downside to this theory is that most people are aware of 2012 but like everyone else, they don't know what is going to happen and they generally aren't afraid. I don't know anyone (in person) that is in a panic over the date..

The key to this is it's only 2009, and there's already a lot of talk and paranoia, not fear yet, but the closer we get..I don't know.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Try going out and telling your mates down the pub that the worlds going to end in 3 years.

Or that fluoride is bad for you
Or that the bankers run everything

I tried slipping bits in every now and again, sometimes post links to interesting stories on facebook.. and now all my friends think I'm a complete loony

I like the scenario detailed in the OP, it seems plausible and would undoubtedly lead to a better world for everyone.
Oh, wait a minute, X Factors on in 20 minutes and we've gotta go get McDonalds first...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfisolated
Try going out and telling your mates down the pub that the worlds going to end in 3 years.

Or that fluoride is bad for you
Or that the bankers run everything

I tried slipping bits in every now and again, sometimes post links to interesting stories on facebook.. and now all my friends think I'm a complete loony

I like the scenario detailed in the OP, it seems plausible and would undoubtedly lead to a better world for everyone.
Oh, wait a minute, X Factors on in 20 minutes and we've gotta go get McDonalds first...

Just wait until we get closer to 2012, and the media builds it up more and more, then I think alternative news and related theories will be easier for people to swallow.

But I know what you mean, I get some funny looks too!

Don't give up though!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

top topics

join