It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Analysis Video of the STS-75 Tether Incident

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by depthoffield

Thanks for posting this video.

It is clearly obvious to me that when focused on the stick in the background of the head of the pin, that the head of the pin passes in front of the stick. I can clearly see the distortions of the color of the stick as the head of the pin passes over it. These distortions of the color are not easy to see, as the head of the pin appears almost translucent, but they are visible to any careful observer. This video footage proves the debunker claim that the appearance of the particles being behind the tether is an optical illusion is wrong. When you go to full screen mode, this becomes even more apparent.

Thanks for destroying another de-bunk myth.

What this video does bring up, is that the head of a pin, Round and opaque, becomes a translucent Round object when focused on something a distance behind it. The pin is 1 meter from the camera, and the stick in the background that is being focused on is 5 meters from the camera. The head of the pin is very tiny, while the width of the stick is relatively proportional to the tether, However, at a 1 meter distance, the head of the pin appears to be about the same size as the UFOs in the tether video. The proposed discrepancies in the distance of any ice crystal in proportion to the distance of the tether, and any reasonable possible size of these ice crystals, means that when focusing in on an object a short distance away like 5 meters, the tiny object a meter in front of your camera almost disappears.

When focusing on something a considerable distance away, like a 100 meters or more, a tiny object the size of a pin head in front of your camera disappears. If you have a video camera, take it outside and conduct your own experiment like I just did.

Oh yeah, just a tiny wiggle of your camera when focusing in on something a 100 or more meters away, the visible objects a short distance away move wildly across the monitor.

TRANSLATION - No way could these UFOs be tiny ice crystals or meteorites a few meters in front of the camera. The focus of the camera on the tether, 160 to 180 KM away according to a recently posted link, means that tiny ice crystals of meteorites would not be visible, and if they were, tiny movements of the camera would cause all of these close up UFOs to move wildly across the video in relation to the tether which is miles away.

JUST A LITTLE EXPERIMENTATION WITH A CAMERA FOCUSING ON A DISTANT OBJECT WITH A TINY OBJECT PLACED A SHORT DISTANCE BETWEEN THE LENS AND THE DISTANT OBJECT COMPLETELY DESTROYS THE CLOSE UP OBJECTS THEORY.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Where is the love? I brought up camera position just a few posts earlier in a reply to you. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, I think Zorgon is right, the glow of the tether is from the plasma, and that is probably increased by solar plasma while in direct sunlight. As the tether crosses the Earths magnetic field it creates the electrical current that creates a plasma around the wires, which results in opposition to the Earths gravity. I couldn't find an article that talks about how much affect solar plasma has on the tether, but a good explanation of the technology at the Marshal Space Flight Center site also includes a mention that solar plasma is a factor. It makes considerable sense that when the tether passes into the Earths shadow, out of the direct light of the suns, the glow of the plasma of the tether decreases substantially. This is not due to reflection of sunlight, but glow of the plasma which is increase by direct exposure to sunlight.

I thought this was an interesting read.

spacescience.spaceref.com...

The solar plasma and magnetic field of the sun are too weak for interplanetary voyages. Most of the planets do not have the right conditions for propulsive tether operations. Even Jupiter, with its intense magnetic field, does not have the right gravity gradient to keep a tether strung out to help move a satellite in exploring its moons.

An interesting side note, this system works well in my personal theory that an electron is not a tiny particle moving very quickly, but a tiny silk like thread that tangles with other electron silk threads to create long strands that create the small force that is so critical to current physics theory. These electron threads can be very long, although very fragile, quickly breaking and reforming, and they are what creates gravity, and plasma.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
What date/time should we look up on that list?

We can try February 29, 1996, around 11:17 PM (central time).

According to this page it was at that time that the tether was closer to the Shuttle on that occasion, and I think it was at this time that the video was made, because they say on the next day that the tether and satellite were captured on video.

It's a start.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well While Herr Oberg takes a break to chase the next Shuttle...

A little...

BREAKING NEWS FROM SATURN....

CASSINI CAPTURES IMAGES OF A TETHER

Well okay its not breaking news... "Earth shattering" maybe... happened some time ago...
and okay I cannot PROVE its a tether

BUT if it isn't, can't wait to hear the explanations

NASA SOURCE Full size

[edit on 12-6-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b the glow of the tether is from the plasma, and that is probably increased by solar plasma while in direct sunlight.

Yes the reports state that the electron density is less during night conditions.
The LEO Guidelines document goes into great detail (380 pages) of the amount of current the tether actually collected. It appears from the report that NASA scientists severely underestimated the potential and did not install a circuit breaker, a point that was brought of in the commission findings

Cool a 20o dollar circuit breaker - cost saved- vs a 100 million dollar satellite lost; NASA scientists 'underestimating' Gotta love it

The report also goes into detail on other plasma related issues... The ISS also is metal and passes through the ionospheres electron field thus also gathers a charge on its hull. So does the shuttle... so does an Astronaut while on space walk...

So imagine if the potential on the shuttle is different from that on the ISS as it approaches...

Ever see a Tesla Coil?

While this may occur for any type of insulator, it is of perhaps greatest interest in the case of anodized aluminum, the main ISS structural element, and a material used in astronaut EMUs (spacesuits). Because the dielectric layer in anodized aluminum is typically very thin (0.1-1 mil) it can break down at potentials of 100 V or less, less than the floating potential that is possible for a 160 V array. It was the arcing threat from the ISS anodized aluminum that forced ISS to incorporate the PCUs to control ISS floating potentials. The PCUs act by creating a large localized plasma cloud that makes good electrical contact with the surrounding plasma, and essentially by brute force grounds the ISS structure to the ambient plasma. A generic plasma-contacting device is called a plasma contactor.
Different samples of anodized material breakdown at different potentials in a plasma (see Hillard et al, 2000). While ISS sulfuric acid anodize withstands about 200 V before breaking down, the chromic acid anodize was found in ground tests to break down at about 72 V. Most disturbing of all, chromic acid anodized samples for astronaut EMUs were found to break down at potentials of only – 60 V, relative to the plasma, with a two-sigma error bar of 10 V. It is thus possible that an astronaut, grounded to ISS by his tether or conductive tools, could undergo an arc at only –50 V. A sneak circuit analysis showed that such arcs could put 1 Amp of current through an astronaut’s heart. Since 0.1 Amp is enough to cause heart stoppage, it is imperative that if the ISS plasma contactors are inoperable during astronaut EVAs, a method be used to prevent ISS astronaut workplaces from floating more than 50 V negative.

Tether Report - LEO Charging Guidelines v1.3.1 - ZIP File
www.thelivingmoon.com...

The point?

" The PCUs act by creating a large localized plasma cloud that makes good electrical contact with the surrounding plasma"

Plasma clouds (sheaths) and plasma arcing are a very big deal in space. And don't forget that all this collecting of the electrons from the plasma is the exact same as harnessing a lightning bolt... FREE UNLIMITED ENERGY just by dragging a copper wire through the Earth' ionosphere at speeds above 17,000 mph. That is after all the point of the tether... to eliminate the need of rocket fuel.

So I don't believe for a second that NASA does not know where to find this footage in all the thousands of feet of film we don't have access to.

And IF there existed giant space amoebas that fed on plasma, would it not be like moths to a flame when we drag a 12 mile plasma source around like a beacon?

Moths to a flame look a lot like what we see in the tether video

Thanks for the backup Poet ;up: good research work I am sending you a case

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/be20148571a7.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Without knowing anything about that photo it's a little hard to tell, but my best bet, at the moment, is a long exposure of some moving object.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Moths to a flame look a lot like what we see in the tether video

With just a little difference, the objects pass from one side of the screen to the other while ignoring the tether, unlike moths that are really attracted to light and do not go away from it once they reach it.

That light is so bright, could it be a plasma light?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
That light is so bright, could it be a plasma light?

No that is a photon emitting device. The light is generated inside a glass tube. Plasma would be OUTSIDE the bulb

Like this

PLASMA LAMP

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/33efd720fddb.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Plasma clouds (sheaths) and plasma arcing are a very big deal in space. And don't forget that all this collecting of the electrons from the plasma is the exact same as harnessing a lightning bolt... FREE UNLIMITED ENERGY just by dragging a copper wire through the Earth' ionosphere at speeds above 17,000 mph. That is after all the point of the tether... to eliminate the need of rocket fuel.

Zorgon you magnificent B-S'er, the minute you think I'm gone away you go full-bore into pseudo-science. [said with all genuine affection]

There's no 'free energy' from tethers, any more than there's free energy from a rotating wire in a magnetic field. The electrical energy comes out of the motion, and retards forward motion to the same degree that it adds electrical energy. Tethers drawing a current slow and drop a satellite -- those with a current fed into them pull and raise a satellite.

They're electric motors. Nothing free.

When tethers are used for direct momentum transfer, as accidentally on STS-75, one object is thrown higher and the other is dropped lower -- and momentum is conserved. Classical physics holds sway. Otherwise, how could they have tracked it so well for all those ground observers to spot it where it was predicted?

This is too much fun to ever give up entirely!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

There's no 'free energy' from tethers, any more than there's free energy from a rotating wire in a magnetic field.

'free energy' is a much abused term. Not counting the initial set up cost and some maintenance fees... a hydro electric dam operates by water (supplied free by nature) falling by gravity (supplied free by nature) which rotates the wire inside a magnetic field. Were do the electrons come from that are 'generated' Do we make them? Does someone get paid for them? No, they are collected from nature. So in effect all that energy is free from nature. It's only when mankind puts a meter on it that it is no longer free.

The electrons in the ionosphere are free energy from space... sure we need to spend money on the collector

I am not talking zero point or over unity

I can put a water wheel on that river and use that to run things. Grab some old wood and spend little money thus I have free energy like the old mills in Medieval times

A wind turbine... burning wood in my wood stove... these are all free energy.

How is that pseudo science? Its simply a matter of perspective.

I think you are so stuck in debunk mod you think like a broken record

Well I hear people in many threads bantering about free energy and have no idea what they mean. Yet what they are thinking is getting rid of the meter.

They forget the consequences of all the jobs that would wipe out so they don't have to pay.

I have a fireplace and wood burning stove that gets supplied by my three Mulberry trees. I have solar panels on my pool cover that cuts down about 50% of our bill> I have pipes on my roof for hot water that we use for showers and the pool

All this was a one time small expense and is now free energy...

So okay NASA pays 100 million for a piece of copper wire with a ball on the end, then loses it because they forgot a 20.00 circuit breaker... We all know how efficient they are

but the untapped energy in the ionosphere does not have a meter o it and for all intent and purpose is unlimited as long as the Sun shines

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Your right this is the perfect power source for a space station and the great thing its free. I don't think people understand the concept because they automatically assume nothing is free. if we don't have to produce it its free for us to use. Now if we can get it free is another subject people will all ways throw a meter on everything look at water most abundant thing on the planet literally falls out the sky yet were charged for it.

As for these spheres UFO wanna be on the film ice particles have been known about ever since we entered space john glen called them fire flies because he wasn't exactly sure what they were. To say there Inst ice particles around the shuttle is just silly. If they were not there than id be wondering why? This is nothing new to astronauts and in fact in the video the astronaut does indeed explain what they are to ground control.

why are you guys so willing to dismiss his observation hes there your not.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   

However, other effluent releases can last for many minutes -- eg, water dumps,

Indeed, someone posted a video of a dump earlier that went on for almost 5 minutes. Made me wonder if these mission aren't sponsored by Red Bull.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Yet what they are thinking is getting rid of the meter.

They forget the consequences of all the jobs that would wipe out so they don't have to pay.

I had a friend who worked at a power station back in the 70's. His job was to stand up once every hour, walk over to a meter and write down what he read from it. He had no advanced education (his Dad was an executive for the plant) and he got paid $35 an hour, which back then was a fortune.

God forbid people would have to learn how to do something else in exchange for freeing mankind from virtually all forms of labor. For once you reach the stage where power costs nothing except the one-time effort of building a receiver, you can have machines do everything else, since they would consume less resources than a human doing the same thing.

This being the premise of one of my favorite poems; "All Watched Over By Machines Of Loving Grace".

%80 of the cost of producing aluminum is the electricity involved.
ELECTROLYTIC PRODUCTION OF ALUMINUM

It's the same thing that makes switching to hydrogen vehicles cost prohibitive. Pretty much our whole economy is based, at the fundamental level, on the non-human energy/resources of producing something. Make energy virtually free and the cost of everything plummets.

But of course there's the of law "Conservation of Evil". Meaning Any good you try to do will be met by an equal and opposite reaction. Advances in medicine lead to people living too long and contribute to over population. Recycling attempts, in the form of tens of thousand of trucks rolling around to pick it up, consume vast amounts of fuel and throw tons of pollution into the air every day. Better living conditions lead to a lazy, more vulnerable species.

dammit, you threw me off topic again.
Guess I should take this to the Zero-Point energy topics.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by zorgon

Without knowing anything about that photo it's a little hard to tell, but my best bet, at the moment, is a long exposure of some moving object.

it's not the only stretched object. on a cursory glance i spotted 9 "lines" other than the so called "tether".

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks for the Spinach, good to stock up for the next end of the world in 2012.

You have provided plenty of evidence that the glow of the tether is from the plasma around the wires, just like a light bulb. The film footage of the tether shows it is glowing from the plasma charge. No way Bob can see how the tether is glowing from the ground, to claim so is ridiculous. You have provided a great deal of evidence to back up this statement, and even I have provided evidence.

They were probably paying too much attention to making sure the paperwork was right to think of something as easy as a circuit breaker. Look at all the mistakes on the Hubble. NASA suffers from the same problem all giant institutions suffer from, whether they are private or government, and this includes all corporations, and that is that they get taken over by conformist bureaucrats who are the real masters of inefficiency.

I think your right, if Jim is who he says he is, then his purpose here could only be to support the official line. If Jim was only interested in participating in the discussion on conspiracy theories, debunking said theories using the advantages of his insider knowledge, then he would be posting as skywatcher27 or something like that that, and not under his real name. Essentially he puts his reputation on the line here which greatly restricts what he able to say.

Hard to know what Jim's real opinions are when he has his reputation to think of, and said relations with NASA and big Media. We wouldn't be very good conspiracy theorists if we didn't question his motives being that he posts under his real name. Hopefully we all get a kick out of said speculation. Isn't that what we come here for?

Of course this latest charge, pseudo science? no such thing as free energy? Is Jim now working for the oil companies? Has he never seen a thunder storm in West Texas? That is an electrical light show outputting huge amounts of energy that costs nothing. There is a great deal of energy out there that is produced by nature at no costs available for the taking. However, it is harnessing that energy that tends to cost. Still, it has been shown that the initial start up costs for harnessing naturally produced energy are lower than the long term costs of producing energy from consumable fuel sources.

This tether is not like an electrical motor, if anything, it is more like a generator. Essentially a conductor passing through a magnetic field, but what the theories say, is that it is the gravitational field of Earth that the electrically charged conductor passes through which creates the energy that pushes against gravity. The sun does charge this tether, and adds to the effect, and it doesn't need a power source to maintain its charge, only to start the effect. Plasma from the sun, and the solar wind does contribute to this effect, and even when the tether is behind the earth, it will still have solar winds passing through it.

In a typical generator, someone has to be shoveling coal into a furnace, or pumping gas through a pipe to create the steam to drive the turbine to turn the generator, or some other apparatus that creates the force to turn the
generator. This tether works in a far different way, where the rotation of the Earth creates the energy.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I have also heard other terms have been used by astronauts, such as space critters, or bugs, and other references that there are things seen in space that are never explained.

Of all the characteristics Astronauts need in order to be accepted by the space program, keeping their mouths shut about what they see, and leaving all revelation of observations up the control of upper muckity mucks is probably the most important, as far as the PTB at NASA are concerned. As long as these astronauts want to continue to strap themselves into rockets and launch themselves into outerspace, they must keep their mouths shut about certain things, and know what they can and can not say, even on videos that are not planned on being released.

Conspiracy theorist are people who figured out that the official version, and what really happened are often very different things, and are therefore suspicious of the government, and all institutions in general. If these UFOs in this video are something more than ice crystals, historical evidence shows that there is a good probability that NASA wouldn't tell anyone, and their astronauts would have to comply.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
i ve been reading this entire thread but i cant understand a single thing.prolly due to the fact that english is not my main,first of all can someone explain the terminology of tether??i m no expert but if u asked me what do u see in this vid i d say a stick?!?? in the middle of nowhere and after a while a disck thing of huge proportions moving above it.someone care to explain??thnx in advance

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Tether

A tether is a rope or wire that connects one thing to another

An astronaut will have a safety line attached when he walks in space That is a tether

In this case the tether joins the satellite at one end to the shuttle at the other end.

HOWEVER in this case the tether is an electrodynamic tether and its purpose is not to hold the satellite, but to collect electrons in orbit

Here is a good explanation... and you can buy your own

www.tethers.com...

[edit on 13-6-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Of all the characteristics Astronauts need in order to be accepted by the space program, keeping their mouths shut about what they see, and leaving all revelation of observations up the control of upper muckity mucks is probably the most important,

How many of these NASA astronauts are NOT military first? In the early days there were ZERO

And just as a further proof, look at all the CLASSIFIED shuttle missions from the DoD

EVERYONE on those missions was a military astronaut and ALL were AMERICAN only

Didn't know we had classified shuttle missions? Well the launches were not, but the mission most certainly were

And all of those missions they wore another patch the DoD shuttle patch

Military Missions Aboard the Space Shuttle
www.thelivingmoon.com...

And those who doubt we have a secret space program, just watch PBS-NOVA's presentation of what we did 40 years ago...

Astrospies
www.pbs.org...

I also like this one...

STS Contingency Support Office
Department of Defense

Contingency Support Office???

Think about what that implies

[edit on 13-6-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Puh, took awhile to read threw it all.
Just had to since the tether incident are one of my favvo's. =)

As all know we have plenty of these threads on ATS already, though Easynow opened this with new information, of which I gave him a star and a flag. Great video.

Before I continue with my own thoughts I just liket o say these kind words to a few of you here.

WHY THE HECK DO YOU TRY TO OUTSMART ONE ANOTHER ALL THE TIME?!?!?

Cause even if the start of this thread was pretty fresh it now looks like the other ones. Pie tossing and a outsmart contest.
It's kinda scary to see how some are totally unable to CONSIDERATE other possibilities than their own truth.

It is one thing to give and discuss your own thoughts and points of why you believe things are like they are. But what you are doin is something totally different, since "both sides" keep giving each other names and try to kinda "humiliate" each other in one way or another.
It's ok to say, "I don't believe you", or "I think you are wrong because..". instead you say "Give it a rest, You are a BS'er...etc".
Both "sides" do their best to prove their point, should they be ridiculed for that?
Kinda painful to see... Anyway.

When I saw the tether clip for the first time, I also thought it was crafts, of some sort. But it didn't take long for me to take it further and start seeing them as "critters" as many here already have stated them as.

So why:

...do they all face the same direction?
Who knows, though I believe they are of the spherical shape and that would explain it.

...why do they change direction?
Who knows. I don't believe though that they are particles being manipulated by gravity. This has already been said, but if gravity has something to do with the quick turns it would affect more if not all of the particles and they would most likely turn and move at the same direction.

To me, the gravity theory is HIGHLY unlikely from MY point of view.

Could it be thrusters then?
I don't believe that either.
If they were particles right outside the window, they would all move out of the picture right away and at the same direction.

Could it be a water/urine dump??
From the videos posted that looks VERY different. And the water dump particles comes in millions, the "critters" are so few you can count them, in addition they go away from the shuttle in a cone shape. And I can't see how pee in space would change direction all the sudden. So I don't buy that either.

...Could it be particles ouotside the window?
Sure. But if there are any on this video they are few.
On some pictures you can see two different type of transparency on the "critters/particles". The "Critters" are the ones changing direction, pulsate, and have a solid glow which makes them look solid, while the particles really are transparent. They are so transparent that they almost are not visible, and they just float by. If they are right outside the window I don't know. But it seems odd that they would stay visible after the zooming.

Since I believe in these "critters" and them to be a plasma based lifeform, it would somehow be very logical for them to approach the tether with curiosity. Perhaps they wonder why that amoeba has such a strange shape. Or perhaps they are a higher form, if not bigger, of a bacteria able to live in space feeding on all the, for us yet unknown, materials we have in space. Maybe dark matter is their poop.... Oo.
Bah, I know....that was pretty childish....
My point is. We can speculate ( and we should ) all we want, but we will never get a solid answer. Reason for this is that all we know, all logic, all references we have are tied to ONE thing. EARTH.
We base everything we know upon the nature and physics of our own planet. I believe the brain kinda filters out that doesn't fit into our reality frames. Or tries to find a answer that fits into it.

To "think outside the box" is to me "the ability do consider".
I quote Ian Xel Lungold:
"In a infinite space, there are infinite possibilities"
If you can consider that, then you are on your way to start thinking out side the box.

The last picture Zorgan posted was nice.
Wonder what that can be. Ofc it can be a long time exposure picture of a moon. But as I've said before, it is more fun to believe it's not. =)
But who knows.

As a last word.
Keep speculate, discuss and gather facts. But in this case I think we can not do more than believe or not believe. To prove anything will be hard.

Great thread Easynow. Cheers mate.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join