It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this be a live abduction?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

see they have not been heard from since.. strange.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by vip867

Heh, chalk my last post to me over complicating things...typical for me. A prerecorded file streamed to the server is definately the best way to fake this effectively. Kudos for pointing this out.

Remember folks, anytime you see a video feed, even on TV, it is NEVER live. There is always a time delay buffer. Anyone can fake a live feed with pre-recorded stuff. Just look at the whole war of the worlds radio show. That was just a radio play that people who tuned in in the middle of it thought was real.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

You know you can upload prerecorded shows, during a live segment to fill in time if you didn't have time to do the show.
In this case it looks to fake and campy to be real and its coming from people called the "ufoguys" I'm pretty sure it was all planned out, like they filmed it beforehand and just streamed the video instead.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by okimas

That makes sense. Now the only question leaves why start this whole thing only to fake a disappearance a month later?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It was probably live streamed from a video player. The system wouldn't know if the stream is 'live' or not. Press play and just start streaming.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

There could be lots of reasons, they got flamed to death in eamils or blogs, moved away, got bored, or just maybe they realized how lame they were and decided to grow up and quit makeing serious UFO hunters look bad.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
reply to post by okimas

That makes sense. Now the only question leaves why start this whole thing only to fake a disappearance a month later?

They hocked the video equipment to pay bills, and got real jobs?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

You know what? I'm really glad you brought this to us NephraTari. I've learned some things about video delay and transmissions from this thread. Always a good thing to learn. Technology is SO powerful these days. I wonder how we'll ever be able to vet a true and real video.

I think they did it for entertainment, and I'm satisfied. I thought that was a very entertaining video.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

They hocked the video equipment to pay bills, and got real jobs?

Kudos to you also for finding their blogspot AcessDenied. There are some good clues there.

I thought the book-reading guy was sort of cast as a person put under a sort of telepathic sedative. The audio on the video is what is somewhat off-putting to me. I'm 51. I've heard soundtracks like that in Sci-Fi movies I've loved since I was a kid. Not to say a real ET couldn't manifest with a sound like that.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Ya I really had no clue you could submit something pre-recorded as a live stream. *Sigh* sorry I wasted everyone's time.
There is a line over there to say I told you so.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Yeah that video was faked

Nice try tho

Alien Mind

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I don't think it was a waste of time at all NephraTari. I wouldn't have looked at in in the first place had you not presented it, and your cred hasn't changed a bit -- if you think it's worth looking at, it usually is.

cheers

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Thank's Nephra!

This video it's really weird, if real, logic don't apply.
Is it kind of lizard?

Peace
Happy.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Fake, obviously a very cheap production with cheesy effects and sounds. If you don't think they can do that live, turn on the news.

You said it was pre recorded, meaning you didn't see the live stream. I really don't think just cause there isn't any option to upload that its a complete impossibility. What about hacking the site? Maybe they run the site or know someone that does? These circles are smaller than you'd think.

To me it just looks like a guy wearing a mask outside, the main guy handing the camera off to a 2nd camera guy, and having a grip pull the "abductee" away.

edit: on the positive side, im glad this video isn't what I thought it was going to be. (The security footage)

[edit on 7-6-2009 by RedSnapper]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

People start blogs and then abandon them all the time. That's really no mystery.

And it may be all part of their schtick. Create a blog, pretend to be abducted by aliens then abandon the blog. Makes a great story.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

very true. well they certainly went through and put a bit of time into this whole thing didn't they? You would think people could find better ways of amusing themselves.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
here is a link to their web page it states ufo guys recorded video

link not working ill try another for you

Iam glad these guys are safe for now

[edit on 7/6/2009 by ocker]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ocker

here it is

www.ustream.tv...

here it is

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
There's tons of applications that can be used to cause these effects, manny cam to just name one, and also with things like that you can also portray prerecorded footage as being live.

This is something a lot of people don't know, but really should even if not for this reason, but I always tell my little cousin that she REALLY doesn't know who shes talking to online, because on live cam sites people can still fake who they are by just simply playing a looped stream of someone else and it could be some creep on the other end they never know, I've personally have seen people do it, and there's no real way to tell.

To me, it's an obvious BAD fake, people like these guys should just disappear for real, they are hurting the cause, if there were no liars and fakers and hoaxes in this world we wouldn't have to question as much as we do or have cold skeptic hearts, we'd be in a much more enlightened and more pure state if this were the case.
I get it I really do, that this day an age people are desperate for attention and internet celebrity they'll pretty much do anything to get it.
This is one of the "lesser" cases that is as un PC as most, and SOME people can get some simple entertainment out of it, but really what does it do for the people who are working hard to figure out the truth from the lies?
It does nothing at all.

Calling this video is a double edge sword type of deal, yes it puts them on blast and lets people be a little more aware of the abilities and capabilities are out there on faking material but also it just bring more attention to them which is what they want all along they don't care if it's positive or negative as long as our eyes are on them, it's what they want.
They'll also have the fools who follow them and will probably donate a 9.99 dollar donation for ransom to the aliens haha.

[edit on 7-6-2009 by pop_science]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join