It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Me being paranoid...or am I...paranoid

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The entire account is disturbing, I agree, but I disagree that the guy was necessarily mentally ill.

Those with Asperger's Syndrome often display seemingly odd or conflicting emotional responses in situations, yet they are often mentally stable, highly intelligent, and productive members of society (Summer Glau, for instance has Asperger's).

Likewise, many intelligent people often face any tense situation with a smile or a smirk, or even laughter. Many would find it peculiar and most odd for a grown man, with military and police training, who was an officer of the law, who was armed and with a dog, to actually be unnerved by nothing more than a smile and laughter. Actually, it's pretty humorous to me, as well.

By his attire, "he wore a double breasted suit black in color, well shined black shoes, a white dress shirt, with a plain black tie" this indicates that he wasn't an escaped mental patient, but actually stable and intelligent enough to be both productive and successful. I overdress like that myself all the time, and when officers ask me for Identification, they glance at it, never call it in (or if they do it is after they leave), thank me and go on their way. The manner in which one holds themselves, their subtle mannerisms, as well as their grooming habits, unconsciously wields a lot of sway on an unconscious level with people.

Your dog's reaction is rather odd, I must admit. Animals do indeed sense things that humans do not. My ex-wife used to have a friend over for barbecues on the weekends and both my dog and my infant daughter would freak out the moment he walked in. My daughter would have nothing to do with him and my dog would growl at him non-stop and watch his every every move. I never really liked the guy either, but he was an old friend of my wife, so I just kind of dismissed the reaction of my daughter and dog. We didn't find out until a couple of years later that he was a pedophile. After that, I pay much more attention to my daughter's and my dog's instincts.

The man very well may have been harboring emotions that triggered an emotional response from your dog. He might have had a bad day at work and was internally dwelling on it, or maybe he was at the park dreaming of ways to get revenge on his cheating wife to cope with finding out his spouse was unfaithful. We've all been there before. The emotions that we have on the inside sometimes can burn intensely hot and strong, even if we have the control to suppress them or keep them in control. Dogs can't necessarily distinguish the difference between a strong emotion that is internalized from one that is going to be externalized. He could have had strong emotions towards you with intended hostility, as you seemed to take it, or he could have been harboring strong emotions internally that were never directed towards you or never intended to be externalized in any way. We don't know and your dog doesn't either. Your dog just knows that he had strong emotions.

Having left a note on your windshield, shows that he is keeping his distance from you as a sign of cautious respect, knowing that you are easily provoked.

The nature of the communication is strange, but not the delivery method. Perhaps he spoke something in a soft voice to you that you failed to hear when he first approached you? Considering his manner of dress, he was most likely soft spoken initially. People accuse me of whispering all the time and if they aren't looking at my lips they don't even realize I'm talking to them half of the time.

I personally like the previous poster's suggestion of leaving a message in an envelope in response to him on the windshield of your vehicle. It would be interesting if he takes it.

I think the irony of this story is if he turned out to be nothing more than a Mormon Missionary or a Jehovah Witness.

Maybe, your dog just doesn't like religious missionaries wanting to proselytize their religion!

One time, I was walking on my way to work at 5am when a large black SUV with no plates at high speeds swerved across three lanes and jumped up over the curb to block my path on the sidewalk. Two well dressed and well groomed men in black suits jumped out of the vehicle and started to rapidly approach me. One of them had a briefcase and started to open it while the other started to flank me. The whole situation seemed entirely surreal and out of a movie. I reached back underneath my jacket to place my hand on my sidearm that was on my back hip, and took a quick step back to brace myself, but before I could give a word of warning, the MIB with the briefcase produced a leaflet from it. Having been expecting him to pull something else out of the briefcase this relaxed the situation enough for me to glance down at what he had in his hand that he was holding toward me. Imagine my surprise when I noticed it was a Watchtower pamphlet! If I had been any more paranoid I would have drawn my sidearm on them when they started to approach me!!! I couldn't help but break out in laughter after that!

Sometimes the strange is more harmless than you might be lead to believe.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I do like your response..a lot. You make A LOT of logical points, very logical. I do hope he was just a Mormon lol. But it was something about him that made me very uneasy, and I deal with bad people all day, and never feel that uneasy. I'm going to try the idea of leaving a note for him and see what ensues.

But I do fear that me baiting him so to speak, will just take an validity of a criminal charge and smash it, since I would be baiting him rather than letting him move on of his own accord

I will keep updates frequently.

[edit on 06/02/2009 by parisinflames]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by parisinflames

I was not giving a professional opinion merely questions based on my own experience. The "revolver" reference indicates my age and obviously not my experience. I am a researcher, not a police officer. With that said, I have some thoughts on this although you have diminished some of my concerns about the validity of your story. And, as an officer I would think you prize and appreciate a healthy dose of skepticism. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

In this age of information, it is rare that a person exists only on paper. I assume you may have Googled his name and performed the necessary background check. Can you have a fellow officer reconnoiter his place of residence to determine who he really is and what he does for a living? Was the note left for you handwritten and if so, is it traceable to him? Is that grounds for further investigation for trespassing or harassment/intimidation? I would be very concerned, as a private citizen, that a public safety officer is being threatened and would want this handled quickly.

There are stories of the famed MIB which this could fall into and considering your background, you may have been involved or witnessed something that you may not recall, whether privately or in combat. One poster suggested an investigation into you which could be feasible yet this pushes the bounds of credulity in that sense. In fact, it makes no sense, as you have noted.

Have you had any "missing time" in the recent or distant past? Have you ever witnessed unexplained phenomena...UFOs, etc.? You mentioned being in danger before...were you hurt during these?

Accept my apologies for any offense for it was not my intention. I find this fascinating but, as noted, I do not take many things on face value. I gave you the first flag because of my interest in your story. But you have come asking help in understanding and before any of us can provide any advice of value, we must also better understand.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beaux

In this age of information, it is rare that a person exists only on paper. I assume you may have Googled his name and performed the necessary background check. Can you have a fellow officer reconnoiter his place of residence to determine who he really is and what he does for a living? Was the note left for you handwritten and if so, is it traceable to him? Is that grounds for further investigation for trespassing or harassment/intimidation? I would be very concerned, as a private citizen, that a public safety officer is being threatened and would want this handled quickly.

Accept my apologies for any offense for it was not my intention. I find this fascinating but, as noted, I do not take many things on face value. I gave you the first flag because of my interest in your story. But you have come asking help in understanding and before any of us can provide any advice of value, we must also better understand.

No offense was taken Beaux, Basically as it stands, if this man comes onto my property, he is infact trespassing,if he leaves another vague note, he's a nuisance, not yet a threat, since he hasn't shown a threat to my safety. He can't be labeled as a stalker, or anything like that YET. I have ran his name for myself, and he has no employment record in our databases,no arrest record,no fingerprints,no vehicle registered to him with secretary of state, it's like I said he almost seems to exist only on paper. But he was way to well dressed to be considered an unemployed weirdo. The weird thing about his residence...well it was an address that only turned up an office building. I already spoke with the officers from the night it happened, and they all admitted they to had a very uneasy feeling. I told them that if any other altercations occur, I'm not going to personally press charges, but I do want criminal charges applied through civil infractions misdemeanors etc.

I don't fear for my safety, but I am left spooked. I can't recall any offers that I have refused, in my military life, or in civi life.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Thank you for your service to our country. You sound like one of the good cops on duty, stay pure.

Perhaps the guy thought he could communicate with you non-verbally, therefore the "offer". Either he is a weirdo, or one of the MIB we hear so little about, looking to do some recruiting. Would be interested in what the "offer" was all about, in any event.

Nice looking pup. How old? He looks puppyish, still a little "gangley".

Paranoia is rooted in fact, if you think someone/ something has in mind to "get" you, it more than likely, it does. Stay on your toes, as I feel this episode has only begun. Keep us updated as events unfurl.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Hey man,

This sounds pretty strange, but keep calm, don't get too stressed out about it.

Put a leaflet on your car asking him what the offer was, or to go over deatails. You never know, could work.

I mean, what if he is just naturally strange, and was offering you a million dollars, and a date with Jessica Alba?

Take it man!

But seriously though, good luck, i wish you lots of love and light, and i hope you come out fine, unharmed, with all questions solved

Jacob

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by pyrytyes

Thank you for your service to our country. You sound like one of the good cops on duty, stay pure.

Perhaps the guy thought he could communicate with you non-verbally, therefore the "offer". Either he is a weirdo, or one of the MIB we hear so little about, looking to do some recruiting. Would be interested in what the "offer" was all about, in any event.

Nice looking pup. How old? He looks puppyish, still a little "gangley".

Paranoia is rooted in fact, if you think someone/ something has in mind to "get" you, it more than likely, it does. Stay on your toes, as I feel this episode has only begun. Keep us updated as events unfurl.

It's my pleasure to serve this country I love. I like to think of myself as one of the good ones. And I don't plan on changing sides.

My dog Trigger is now 1 year and 1 month old, he does still look gangley lol, he's very goofy and friendly which is why his manner was disturbing.

And you're right about paranoia, if you feel unsafe, it's because you are, a lot of people don't know the power of their own intuition. In a combat scenario, you will very quickly find out to follow your gut, because it will save your life.

I know as well, this has only begun, and I am very ready for the next act.

Updates will be almost daily.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprintsThey act out of place and interact with the subject as if the subjects wishes or desires are inconsequential. The exibit no signs that they have a personal degree of conscience but are only bound by the unspoken rules of invitation or acceptance. They want what they want and are very angry if the subject does not aquiesce to their request or demand be it verbal or implied.

Your story just made me think of those.

Sounds like you are talking about the black eyed kids stories (which many think are made up because these stories popped up online a few years ago). But the black eyed kid stories always involve minors, and they aren't vague, they are demanding and pleading.

This was different as this guy was not asking to be let in a car or house.

I am very skeptical about this, particularly because the moment you asked this guy what he wanted, the police cruisers conveniently pulled up and the topic changed. No time for him to answer? No time for you to ask again? Or were the police cruisers a nice segway to deflect from the question?

Now that sounded like a writers ploy, to make it SEEM reasonable but then change the topic to preserve the mystery.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

You haven't been looking into Benjamin Creme of Share International have you?

Have you ever messed with the occult? Any bad juju?

Sounds like you had better be careful because you may be a victim of mistaken ID.

Did you turn down any spook jobs when leaving the military, Sounds like their games you being a former combat experienced sniper. Maybe your being set up. Someone gets popped at long range and cop 2 and 3 goes hey remember that guy talking to whats his face by the lake. Boom your hauled in for questions.

AhHa!!! Nice gun and dog, I wouldn't want to mess with those. The XD is my favorite pistol.

You do realize this has the same kind of story line as the movie SNIPER don't you?

Better take that bolt out of your rifle and hide that sucker some place good. If you can take a pic of it, I would love to see what you got for your personal long gun. I love shooting long range.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by badgerprints

I am very skeptical about this, particularly because the moment you asked this guy what he wanted, the police cruisers conveniently pulled up and the topic changed. No time for him to answer? No time for you to ask again? Or were the police cruisers a nice segway to deflect from the question?

Now that sounded like a writers ploy, to make it SEEM reasonable but then change the topic to preserve the mystery.

If you would have read correctly, the words" You have no idea" came out of his mouth. I loudly said, " NO! you have no idea!" "now what is the problem?!" At this time 2 of my city's cruisers pulled up ...One officer was listening to me, and 2 were standing back observing, and one was paying close attention to this man. While I was talking the man began to laugh like a lunatic which shut me right up, and made all of us look at him, no one could say a thing, and we just watched him. He began to calm down from his laughing spell, and said " You never should have refused the offer" I was speechless, and confused. I couldn't even ask what offer. The officer asked him, and he just laughed again.

so do me a favor and re-read it

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Heh... the cops getting followed by the folks you're not supposed to know about (yeah, sorry, I don't know if they have real name or not)..

I would think a cop would know about the crazy stuff.

Man, that's hilarious. "The offer still stands". Heh.. they really mess with those cops.

Too bad not even the cops can save themselves from the crazy crew. Maybe he should "talk" to them, and find out what they want. Then maybe they'll deliver a dose of hypnosis.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Surely there must be more to tell about your military career. Some small memory recovered may be significant.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by parisinflames
so do me a favor and re-read it

I did read it. He said "you have no idea" and you asked him what the problem was and then the police showed up.

Cops are not known for being shy about asking questions, yet YOU sounded like you were shy and only talking to the other officers. Your story implies you were submissive when the "police" showed up (yes the tone does imply that) which seems odd. The whole "brother" thing and all that.

If you were bothered by this and if you wanted to grill this guy more they surely would have done it for you, or helped you. Cops do not take kindly to maniacal laughter, it would piss most of them off. Yet in this case they were fine with it and just went about their business? Hmmmm. Doesn't ring true.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I have read things on ATS that are "strange" to the point that I cracked up laughing. But there is nothing funny about this.

You are a LE officer, and have been subjected to dangerous situations enough that you now have a "second sense" in that department. Not only was your instinct telling you something was wrong, but so was your dog.
There has not been five minutes in my life when I have not had a dog, and I can tell you this. They are true empaths, expecially as far as their owners are concerned, and they cannot lie. Those are two major truths about dogs. You and your dog were experiencing the same "red flag", that something was wrong. I think you know you can trust in that. Survival instincts sometimes kick in when we don't consciously call them up to work.

Would you be able to hire a private investigator to look into this? Surely the officers who came to the "scene" looked at his ID?

Also, could you put a little cam outside focused on your car, since we know he's used it before to communicate? Those outdoor cams aren't very expensive. Walmart. Radio Shack.

My first thought, too, is that the man has a personality disorder, or is otherwise mentally ill. But given that is the case, don't lose sight of the fact that mentally ill people can be dangerous.

Return to the area where you saw him, and be the aggressor yourself this time. Demand that he explain himself. (Have back-up nearby).

Either that, or something else is afoot. You need to find out so you don't have to have further anxiety about it, or think you are being paranoid.
I don't think you're paranoid. I just think you are vigilant about what's going on around you, and something was amiss......

You know the old saying "If you think something's wrong...there probably is".

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Yeah that would definetly creep me out to the max, and I dont respond well to spooky behavior.

I wonder what in the world would this offer might be. Do you have any memory at all of someone that made an offer to you in the past?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

Have you ever messed with the occult? Any bad juju?

Sounds like you had better be careful because you may be a victim of mistaken ID.

Did you turn down any spook jobs when leaving the military, Sounds like their games you being a former combat experienced sniper. Maybe your being set up. Someone gets popped at long range and cop 2 and 3 goes hey remember that guy talking to whats his face by the lake. Boom your hauled in for questions.

AhHa!!! Nice gun and dog, I wouldn't want to mess with those. The XD is my favorite pistol.

You do realize this has the same kind of story line as the movie SNIPER don't you?

Better take that bolt out of your rifle and hide that sucker some place good. If you can take a pic of it, I would love to see what you got for your personal long gun. I love shooting long range.

I have never messed with the occult or anything like that. When I was discharged from the military I wasn't offered anything that I can recall. I left with my ACU's some of my combat gear, my dog tags,my ID,a few scars, and alot of memories. I served most of my time as regular infantry, only on my return of my 2nd tour was I taken into sniper school, and that was because I shoot left , and I am left eye dominant. They are very choosy on candidates and you must meet every criteria. I accepted because it is an honor to be chosen for sniper school. After I passed my training, I was deployed my final time to Afghanistan where I was out with a scout team for several days at a time and only fired one shot out of my M-24. The rest were from my M4 during close quarter siege. So I don't think I had any incredible sniper experience to offer anyone.

I've never seen SNIPER oddly enough, my dad keeps telling me I need to see it, but I can't even play video games that involve killing anymore. I just try to live my life peacefully, and do my job well.

But here's some pictures of some of my other guns since you asked.

Heres my H&K MP5 9mm select fire with black tactical sling, and suppressor
i207.photobucket.com...

Heres My AK-47 of Polish manufacture, also select fire shoots a 7.62x39
i207.photobucket.com...

The lighting sucks sorry, Im doing this in my office, and the lighting is bad, and the flash reacts weird with the guns. Im doing the rest in better light, But I'm not writing the papers anymore, its annoying I think you believe me by now

Here's my issued Glock 22 .40 cal witch I hate...were getting the Smith and Wesson M&P .40 I think next week or so.
i207.photobucket.com...

My MP5 in better lighting with my army issued M4 sling which I dont use, but like the way it looks
i207.photobucket.com...

My AK in better light
i207.photobucket.com...

My 2 M-14's which are a common sniper rifle for many countries, one of them is suppressed
i207.photobucket.com...

And here's some random from Iraq and Afghani

i207.photobucket.com...
i207.photobucket.com...
i207.photobucket.com...
i207.photobucket.com...

showing my guns like this, Im really hoping you guys don't think I'm this guy
i207.photobucket.com...

[edit on 06/02/2009 by parisinflames]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Alright paris, i don't generally comment on this site for a few reasons. I'm incredibly sensitive to information (this is going to sound a bit wussy, but unfortunately for me, it is true) and when exposed to misleading, negative, or otherwise paranoid based information, my sense of empathy takes hold and i have had mental system shock because of it. Thankfully the older i get, my grasp of filtering and control gradually becomes more attuned to the negative environment of this world.

Now enough about me, i just wanted to put that out there because this particular instance and your story i feel compelled to respond to.

Firstly, if indeed this has "happened" we must first put forth legitimacy in all of this. Legitimacy CAN and DOES make itself up in the mind, so go over everything, all of the facts. Write them down, and double, triple confirm them with your sources, just to set in stone the validity of this all, but unbelievable situation (not to say i don't believe you, i do).

Two, and this is for you to take with a grain of salt. I can't give you the details as to why I'm coming to this conclusion out of respect for my own safety, but with information that others have mentioned in this thread, certain things pop out (i have somewhat of a strange ability to recognize abstract patterns).

Now im not saying this is the right answer, because the truth could be of numerous possibilities, many of which are included here. But here ya go:

This person that confronted you may somehow be connected to CIA or a similarly functioning sect of the government. However, it's possible this person may be somewhat of, how do we say it, defected version of a standard agent, working under a 'separate' entity while still maintaining their own CIA (or whatever agency they work for) clearance.

The fact that you are a sniper plays a roll but i can only speculate. Perhaps this person is looking for a 'recruit', to hit a target. How high profile of a target, i do not know. (how i wish the violence and hatred of the world could just disappear =/ ) Like others have said, could have just been upset about something...although this 'person' seemed to be much more...calculating, as im sure you felt.

I don't mean to freak you out with this as this is only for you to take with a grain of salt, and keep your good head on your shoulders. Like others have said, don't lose sleep over it. Keep your dog close, you'll be fine you have the equipment to protect yourself (and no im not referring to your weapons). I don't sense any threat.

If my theory is right, you certainly won't hear another word as the very fact that you posted this information here, on a public forum will have insanely compromised their 'mission'.

If continued bothering does occur, then this guy may have some issues.

Enjoy your life and stay up man. Keep on keepin' on.

Peace

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex Plures-Unus

If my theory is right, you certainly won't hear another word as the very fact that you posted this information here, on a public forum will have insanely compromised their 'mission'.

If continued bothering does occur, then this guy may have some issues.

Enjoy your life and stay up man. Keep on keepin' on.

Peace

I'm hoping I wasn't planned to be used in some mission. I just want peace and quiet man!

I against my better judgment, placed a piece of paper asking "what is the offer?" on my windshield, and I didn't go buy a camera like someone suggested, I had a rather long day and did not want to take the drive to wal-mart and leave my dog home.

I'm hoping to not get a response, but I'm hoping I do, if that makes sense.

Im inmy living room and the only light is from my laptop with the screen facing away from the window with the brightness turned down, and I have on dark clothing etc. Im going to wait up since I have tomorrow off as well, and see what develops. I'm a very light sleeper, and so is my mutt.

So for now I bid you ado and I do want to thank everyone for all the valuable input as well as thoughts. It means alot that people I don't even know have shared words of kindness and expressed concern for something that doesn't affect them.

Good night all!

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Hey maybe the CIA want you for undercover work ro something similar.

Or he could be an Illuminati.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

1. WITH THE CAVEAT that contingent on your brief narrative . . . this psychologist asserts that I do not believe you are paranoid . . . at all.

2. Your sense, impressions, feelings make perfect understandable and fitting sense given the context and events as you narrated they unfolded.

3. My personal belief is that your dog sensed some demonic stuff related to the strange man. I don't have any other explanation. I suppose someone could hypothesize some pheromones alerting your dog but that's an insufficient explanation to me. Seems to me it's highly likely that there were demonic forces involved with the guy and that THOSE were what set your dog off.

4. I assume you still have no clue what the 'offer' was . . . there are demonized globalist NWO forces in power in the world seeking to extend their power . . . and policemen are key targets for incorporating into their web. Just one possibility.

5. It is disturbing that he knew your car. Likely knows your apt. Not sure what I'd do. Perhaps--PERHAPS--I'd stay with GF a week or 2. Then somewhere else a week or 2 etc. for a month or 3 . . . and see if he showed up in your path again. IF SO, then he must REALLY have some incredibly good intel on your daily life--THAT ALONE would be worth tracing out, it seems to me. Seems to me it would likely mean that he's tracking your cell phone use or some such.

6. I suppose at some point, IF his intel is that extensive and that good on your daily life . . . what would your options be? I assume you have honorable tough good guys above you in your police dept. Would certainly clue them in ASAP.

7. It may well be . . . IF . . . my sense about the demonic stuff is true. . . your only effective solution would be spiritual warfare . . . I'd check around through the Pentecostal/Charismatic Christian groups in your area for the best prayer warriors/group/leaders/gifted sorts of Christians in your area in dealing with that and get on it.

8. I suspect that IF the demonic stuff is a factor . . . that YOU ALSO FELT somewhat . . . like the hair on your neck raising . . . maybe a bit . . . like there was some dark kind of uncleanness sort of force nearby. ???

9. It might be possible to ask the patrolmen who saw his ID if they could trace it out through channels to see if he's any sort of government type . . . seeking to recruit . . . and I wouldn't touch em with a mile long pole.

10. Be safe. BE SAFE. PLEASE BE SAFE.

. . . a line from the Hobbit or Lord of the Rings would come to mind if I'd read it more recently . . . something about . . . dark and foreboding times.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join