It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Me being paranoid...or am I...paranoid

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I was recently walking my dog to the downtown area in my city, the pooch and I usually sit by the water and watch the sunset. This is a common activity for my German shepherd and I. Well my German shepherd is very friendly to strangers unless he feels they pose a threat to me, which is rare. I've only seen him show aggression to 3 people since he was a puppy,one was an intruder in our yard, the other was the meter reader who did not heed the "german shepherd on duty" sign on my fence...and the other was a drunk who stumbled on me asking for some change from behind and almost knocked me off balance while I was adjusting his collar.

Well, tonight, we followed our routine as normal and took the 1/2 mile walk to the river in the great park we have here. We were making our way to our normal spot, when I spotted a particularly overdressed fellow about 15 yards away glaring at me. I just brushed it off as I usually do most people. I don't worry about being attacked. I'm ex-military, young , in good shape, and I'm a cop and always have a gun on me just in case. Well, I looked away and gazed out at the water, I could see my dogs hair on his back starting to stand, as he stared at this guy.
My curiosity peaked so I looked at this guy, and he was still glaring at me. He stood about 6'2"..which is my height, but didn't have the bulk to him, he looked rather skinny, with the sort of jaw line you could compare to Willem Defoe , and he had well trimmed dark air. He wore a double breasted suit black in color, well shined black shoes, a white dress shirt, with a plain black tie.

He would not stop his glaring, and there were other people including families around, so making a scene would not have been a good option, causing a public disturbance over this I did not feel was right. I stayed put with my dog, and just tried to enjoy the scenery. At that time I could hear the deep belly growl developing from my dogs throat and developing to the point of a regular growl, and his teeth were beginning to emerge. The couple on the bench next to me saw my dog, then looked at the man who was very slowly walking towards me, and asked if he was going to attack. I told them he never acts like this unless he thinks I'm in danger, they looked nervous. I explained to them I was a police officer, and I would handle this and to not worry, and if confrontation appears to be the case, just move away and call our city's PD right away. I remained seated as this man slowly came our way, and my dog's volume and intimidation level rose.

I at this time had enough, and stood up, and said "If you come another few feet, my dog is going to go nuts" at this point he grinned, which creeped me out. Noone I know would advance towards a bigger guy like myself holding a snarling German shepherd with a grin on their face unless they were in an insane state or intoxicated. I at this point put myself into a weaver stance, which is a common stance to begin hand to hand combat or a now outdated PD protocol shooting stance. I issued his final warning, I am an off duty police officer, and I have a gun, and I will drawupon you. He took 4 more steps and stopped still grinning. My dog at this point was going ape [snip] and I was beginning to get really uncomfortable. I have been in several scenarios in combat where I didn't think I was going to survive, and a few other bad situations, but for some reason, I felt worse, and more nervous now than I ever have before. I placed my hand on the grip of my pistol ready to pull if he advanced more. The couple on the bench had now stood up and moved back about 10 feet, and several other people had noticed the altercation when they heard me raise my voice. I stood with my hand at ready, and my dog still going nuts. The man looked at my dog and looked at me, the words" You have no idea" came out of his mouth. I loudly said, " NO! you have no idea!" "now what is the problem?!" At this time 2 of my city's cruisers pulled up

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
So I removed my hand from my pistol and put my hands into plain view, knowing the call made to them must have obviously had the word gun mentioned, and knowing how we respond to those calls, I kept my hands in plain view and told them I was a police officer. I pulled my badge out from my neck chain, and started to explain the situation top them. One officer was listening to me, and 2 were standing back observing, and one was paying close attention to this man. While I was talking the man began to laugh like a lunatic which shut me right up, and made all of us look at him, no one could say a thing, and we just watched him. He began to calm down from his laughing spell, and said " You never should have refused the offer" I was speechless, and confused. I couldn't even ask what offer. The officer asked him, and he just laughed again. The officer asked for his ID, looked at it, and just sort of glanced at his partner, then glanced at me. I was at this point just wanting to leave. The officer talking to me asked me to walk to his car, we began walking and when we got about 20 feet away from this man, my dogs demeanor changed in a 180. His growling stopped, and his tail began to wag. The officer asked me if I have ever seen this man before. I said no, and I was just as confused as him. He told me in police talk how he cant be taken into custody because he didnt assault me or anything like that. I knew this already, I told him I just wanted to get back home, and he said ok. I looked back at this guy who was still glaring at me as I began to leave the park. I looked back before rounding the building corner to start homeward, and saw the cruisers leave, and this guy was nowhere in sight. I walked rather quickly, not even stopping for our ice cream cone like we usually get. When I was halfway home, my dog began acting weird again, and more and more the closer we got home. I stopped and just petted him to calm him down. I wish at this point someone would calm me down. I called my GF and told her what happened, she asked me if I had any enemies, and I said probably alot because of work, but none that could no where I live. (I always make sure I'm not followed home). She said she was coming over and I was happy about that. Me and my dog got inside and he was again normal. My GF came in and had a piece of paper in her hand, she said it was on my windshield of my car. I opened it up, it was in a blank envelope, and it said "The offer still stands". I was like WHAT THE [SNIPPPED] She had this look of confusion on her face, and I explained what the guy had said, well she's easily scared, and did not want to leave after that, she has been asleep for awhile, and I have been awake with my gun on my table next to my laptop, and my dog has just been pacing around nonstop. I'm not ashamed to say, Im scared as hell.

I know I am perfectly sane, I do not have PTS, and I have underwent several psych tests to gain my current job. I do not drink, nor use drugs, and I have no prescription medication. I know I was not followed home from our walk, nor any other time.

Someone please tell me if this or anything like it has happened to them.

And please share your thoughts!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by parisinflames

Now that is just plain spooky weird!

Do you think it could have been someone you may have arrested in the past or something who could have recognized you?

edit to add: sorry, I just read your second post. ether way, that was just strange!

[edit on 5-6-2009 by sugarmonkey]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
He didn't look familiar. I'm really good at remembering faces. Plus there's just no way he could have known where I lived. Im very and I mean very careful about being followed home, or for that matter, anywhere I go. I'm super careful about that..plus my dog just doesn't do that.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
hello my friend,

omg..very scray #

Is there any chance you ask the officers who came for his ID..maybe you can do some research on your own?..and keep us updated pal

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
also..i have an alaskan malamute as a dog..and he is the same...he is very quiet to people but senses when one mean harm...i used to own a bar and he smelled # is going to happen before me..so that your dog into consideration and praise him because he can be your alarm..dont try to calm him down..let him show you were the danger is..ask like..Whre?..show me..and let him lead you

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
woah that sounds scary!
first I thought, maybe he thought you were someone else (maybe he was alitttle off ya know not thinkin clearly or somethin)
But then when you found out he was at your place,that was kinda weird,that means he does know you.
Well I dont know man but be careful maybe that dude is insane or somethin'.

spooky indeed

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

This might seem a completely differnet angle from what you feel or indeed others posting.

Calm yourself down, do not take it so serious to keep yourself from feeling nervous and simply ask this man what he is offering. If what you have written is the case, he will be back but I do not think he is dangerous towards yourself.

The offer on the other hand sounds like something that might be in the long run.

I have had a different experience from what you have but I found myself in a position with a lot of "strange" people once and had an "offer".

I refused.

Then again I could be completely wrong, just make sure people know where you are and have some protection with you in case the guy is a complete fruitcake.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
It probably isn't related, but this story makes me think of the strange night visitor incidents.
It is a person who is out of place and obtrusive. Usually knocking on the door in the very late evening or wee hours of the morning. They make excuses to get into the subject/victims home and are not shy about expressing their anger if they are not invited in. The subject of "acceptance" or "invitation" is key in these stories. They apparently don't fear weapons or threats.
They act out of place and interact with the subject as if the subjects wishes or desires are inconsequential. The exibit no signs that they have a personal degree of conscience but are only bound by the unspoken rules of invitation or acceptance. They want what they want and are very angry if the subject does not aquiesce to their request or demand be it verbal or implied.

I know this is a vauge description, but it is a gut feeling.

Your story just made me think of those.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Well i can see one thing for sure if you let this guy get to you nothing good
will come from that. and that s probly what he wants. blow him off.
your a cop.keep your cool . don't lose any sleep over it .if something
happens deal with it . im sure you and your shep will handle it. keep your
girl close. fear is not an option.

you'll be fine
life gets wierd sometimes.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Great story, your not a writer per chance? Sounds like something Dan Brown would use in his first chapter. You have me hooked.

If it is indeed real then welcome to TPTB radar.

Edit: Just to say aswell, your a cop and your a member on a conspiracy 'tin foil hat' web site. I would put money on the fact that you and your family are on the radar.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
All I can say after reading your post is stay alert, keep you head down, and your dog close. And make sure you family and your gf are aware and stay alert.
flagging this. keep us posted.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
Great story, your not a writer per chance? Sounds like something Dan Brown would use in his first chapter. You have me hooked.

Yeah I thought the same thing. He does sound like a writer. Very intrigueing story and if it is creative writing it was well done. No stiff descriptions or other tell tale amateur writing tricks that pull the reader out of the moment and make them realize they are reading a "story".

If this IS real...then I agree with XXXN3O. Whatever this thing is, it is sentient and intelligent. I do NOT think threatening it is a good idea. Instead either ask it what the offer is, or ask it to leave you alone (say it is upsetting your dog if that is easier) and get it to respond. Communicate, don't just make threats.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by franspeakfree

Yeah I thought the same thing. He does sound like a writer. Very intrigueing story and if it is creative writing it was well done. No stiff descriptions or other tell tale amateur writing tricks that pull the reader out of the moment and make them realize they are reading a "story".

If this IS real...then I agree with XXXN3O. Whatever this thing is, it is sentient and intelligent. I do NOT think threatening it is a good idea. Instead either ask it what the offer is, or ask it to leave you alone (say it is upsetting your dog if that is easier) and get it to respond. Communicate, don't just make threats.

I too, agree that the story sounds like something Stephen King would write. It has all the elements of a good mystery with some psychic phenomena thrown in for good measure. The peaceful dog, the man in black, the park setting with witnesses who weren't interviewed. The note on the windshield, etc.

But "the offer" is the clincher. Keeps me interested and curious.

Good thing you're a cop trained to handle extraordinary circumstances calmly. But, you should have asked the dude what offer he was referring to. That would have cleared things up right away.

Good story either way.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Perhaps you are under investigation...

Maybe this fellow had that grin because he was one of the people tasked with investigating you.

*Regardless, I'd be careful that someone isn't trying to implicate you in something or set you up for future blackmail.

Report and document everything - you know the routine.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
can you take a pic of your dog or gun or something just to add some credibility. not that i dont beleive you, i actually find it pretty intriguing.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I am not sure where to start with this story but I have several questions. I must admit that I question the validity of it based on my own personal experience in law enforcement. So, let me will ask a few questions:

1. Understanding that your dog was nervous, why would you not approach the individual to inquire into their intent? Being frightened by a man in a suit seems a bit disconcerting considering that police in a large city are certainly accustomed to working around suspicious individuals.

2. Once the on-duty officers arrived, why wasn't the man questioned as to motive and intent? Standard procedure would dictate the following type of actions and conversation:

* "Mr (person), what brings you to the park today?"

* "Is this your current address?"

* "Do you work near here?"

* Noting his behavior: "Sir, have you been drinking or are you on any medication?" Again, the situation could even dictate a quick frisk for any drugs or weapons.

* Radioing in the man's ID to check for any outstanding warrants. His behavior could coincide with that of an escaped mental patient. I would certainly want to know if he has a record or "rap sheet".

* "You just told this officer that he should not have refused your offer. What offer was made to him?"

* The man's name would be written down in the officer's notebook along with corresponding notes (time, location, observations). If there is a future incident, it would be prudent and expected of the responding officer(s) to note the situation and who was involved. ESPECIALLY since it involved a fellow officer.

3. How long have you been an officer? Based on your stated military and police training, where are you taught to reach for your service revolver without any stated or implied threat of violence, much less a weapon shown by the perp? Between yourself and a full grown German Shepherd, wouldn't you think it likely that he could have been subdued quickly, if necessary, without a firearm used?

4. The man committed no crime but his demeanor was highly suspicious and indicative of mental instability. "Whats the frequency, Kenneth?" type of behavior.

5. Did you notify your CO of this incident and file any report? Based on the mysterious note left on your own vehicle afterwards, that would be considered harassment and would elevate it to an investigator to again conduct questioning of the individual, probably at the station.

This is an entertaining read and reminds me a bit of a Harry Dresden novel. But I question its veracity since there seems to be too many holes in it.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beaux

3. How long have you been an officer? Based on your stated military and police training, where are you taught to reach for your service revolver without any stated or implied threat of violence, much less a weapon shown by the perp? Between yourself and a full grown German Shepherd, wouldn't you think it likely that he could have been subdued quickly, if necessary, without a firearm used?

This is an entertaining read and reminds me a bit of a Harry Dresden novel. But I question its veracity since there seems to be too many holes in it.

I have been an officer for over a year now. I was in the US Army, and was trained in sniper school, I was a ranger with 3 tours under my belt, 2 as infantry, 1 on recon.

The part about the revolver just made me chuckle. any credible department issues a semi-automatic. Revolvers are very outdated and pose not even the slightest of match to an armed suspects weaponry.

Well, I have been through war and almost lost my life on several occasions, you think I wanna die in a park walking my dog? Through my experience, which seems to be a bit more credible, and my LEO training, we are taught to keep our safety in mind at all times, and if an extraordinary situation arises, use extraordinary ways to stop the threat. I decided that a man advancing with a grin towards me and a shep ready to maul was the correct time to warn him of my gun....i didnt need to see a weapon, mine was used as a possible deterrent. And in both my military and police training, we are taught that when we feel we are in danger, our weapons are at ready, which is right where I was, a ready position, you dont know if he was going to pull something. And if my dog bit him, he could sue, and my dog most likely would be put down, my city is very hard on dogs, they would ask why i didnt stop the situation being LEO. My dog means more to me than most people so I was protecting him as well. If I tried to subdue him , he would have been torn apart by my shep while I was taking him down, and thats not something you want families to watch..so me vocally stating I was police, but not drawing my gun was a detereent and kept from causing too much panic.

A formal report was filed , his information was taken, I know who he is,where he lives
the man has no history of mental illness,no family,no arrest record, its basically a name, no prints or anything. He exists on paper is all it seems.

I knew at least one person would give his professional opinion on a situation he's never dealt with.

heres some pictures for the one who asked of my gun, and my dog, I included puppy pictures a well.

i207.photobucket.com...

my off duty carry, it's way better than our Glocks...I personally hate glock. So I carry this to work, leave it in my locker, then carry it home and everywhere thereafter.

and heres my pup
i207.photobucket.com...
i207.photobucket.com...
i207.photobucket.com...
i207.photobucket.com...
i207.photobucket.com...

I wish I could just use [img] code

[edit on 06/02/2009 by parisinflames]

[edit on 06/02/2009 by parisinflames]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
When you go to bed tonight.... place a note in the same spot you found the first one with the sentence...

"Lets talk about this offer."

If you get a reply, you will know it wasn't just a one-time "messing with you" deal.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic
When you go to bed tonight.... place a note in the same spot you found the first one with the sentence...

"Lets talk about this offer."

If you get a reply, you will know it wasn't just a one-time "messing with you" deal.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

I guess I may try that..I just want to kind of...let it go and hope nothing more comes out of it but I have to admit, I am curious.

And to all those who said I was a good writer...well thank you very much, I tried to paint a picture for all of you the best I could, but this is non-fiction.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join