It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama at the Pyramids: "No evidence aliens actually built this"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth Lumina
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I do agree with you on Obama being just a man, but the fact that he is the President of the U.S and everything he says is on camera, especially him seeing as he's very into photo ops.

I understand what you're saying but given who he is & that he was on camera merely gives the illusion that his words hold more power than they actually do.

What's got my attention is why he would even mention it, and why is it attached to an article that isn't even about what he said.

Why does anyone say anything? Perhaps the people that posted the article are joining their own dots and you shouldn't be swayed by it?

Just a suggestion

IRM

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by smoov
There's 2 million blocks of stone in the cheops pyramid. If it took a 100 years to build, working at 12 hours a day, that's a block laid every 15 minutes. I'm pretty sure we can't do that today. Keep in mind, they still had to mine the stones, cut them (with high accuracy), cart them to the site, then lift and lay them. Remember, the wheel was not invented yet either.

Uh, you're missing one kind of important part of that equation: the amount of stones being worked on at once.

If you take one stone, position it, then wait 15 minutes, then take the next stone, position it, then wait another 15 minutes, its not going to be very fast. The Egyptians may not have been a match to a civil engineer of today, but they wherent complete idiots.

What if every 15 minutes, they laid 20 blocks? Keep in mind that the largest amount of stone is concentrated at the BOTTOM of the pyramid, where its easier to work in many sections at once.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Chronogoblin

Yah it stated that the egyptians were getting mowed down without it, so, for it's time, it was good. Nowadays, it would be almost useless.
It is hard to reconcile us becoming so much more knowledgeable in one area, and then apparently losing a huge amount of knowledge in another. Especially considering how popular the sphinx market was in those days.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
im pretty sure the pyramids where built by thousands upon thousands of slaves sure they didnt have machines back then to move things but thousands and thousands of people pushing and pulling can sure as hell move something... quite easily too. also imo the egpytian pyramids arent even the amazing pyramids its all about the mayan pryamids imo.

also another thing that kind of makes me mad (because i happen to be half egyptian) is that people discredit the ancient egyptian people and try to say we didnt build our pyramids... thats bullcrap imo.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by jouseroni]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by spellbound

Did aliens build the Colosseum as well?

Frankly I'm getting more than a little tired of the constant chant that brown people can't stack rocks. Which is, if you were blissfully unaware, exactly what the origins of "Aliens / atlanteans / ancient european travelers had to build this stuff!" hypotheses.

The pyramids were built over the course of a few decades by a rotating seasonal labor force who were paid in beer. Sort of like what you can find outside a Tuscon-area Home Depot.

Go build a pyramid then ............Come back and tell us how you did it so we know for real then.............i mean really c'mon

duh obviously it took more then one person... but i guarantee if anyone on this board had a team of like 50 thousand people or something they could easily build a pyramid like the egyptian ones without help from any technology...

look i believe in aliens too but you people dont give ANY credit to humans for ANYTHING amazing on this planet that is ancient and it kind of makes me mad... us humans can do pretty amazing things.

also no offense but i bet like 80 percent of you on this board have no credentials in this whatsoever except for watching documentaries and reading things on the net.. so who are any of you to say what people in ancient times could do or not do?

also if you read some of the theories of how the pyramids were built they make a lot more sense then some aliens coming down and building them lol.

i completely believe in ufos and aliens and stuff but i just cannot buy into some of the crackpot theories some of the ufo people have... some of it is just so mindblowingly stupid that it makes anyone who is into ufos look like a wacko.. when i talk to my friends about ufos i dont talk about any of the crazy things i only talk about stuff that is proven and even still they look at me like im crazy cause they see all this ufo wackos on tv and think we are all like that.

and yes i do believe the governments of the world know of ufos and even have them and are completely covering it up... to me thats obvious. but the stuff about aliens building the pyramids is bull#... sorry.. US EGYPTIAN PEOPLE BUILD THEM LET US HAVE OUR PYRAMIDS FOR CHRIST SAKES JESUS. aliens did not build everythign thats amazing.

and to whoever said the pyramids arent as old as we think they are... well tbh thats just stupid they can carbon test the rocks (i dont know the correct word i dont pretend to be a scientist like some of you) or whatever and tell exactly how old they are and all that has been done many times.

and once again only reason im kind of pissed off is because im egyptian myself and it makes me angry that people say my people couldnt have build these amazing things.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

And yet they obviously did, because there they are.

You're aware of course we have records of the Egyptians' existence. We have their tools, and images they made of them using the tools. We have numerous examples of Egyptian architecture, as well as plenty of quarries from which they got their stone. We even have payrolls and the ruins of lodgings for the workers they used. In fact, bringing all this evidence to the experimental stage has demonstrated that, indeed, the Egyptians could have accomplished this feat

All we have in support of anyone else having built them, are a few people who still can't wrap their heads around the idea that the Egyptians didn't look like Yul Brenner, much less that the Egyptians were quite capable of the craftsmanship so clearly displayed.

Maybe you can't figure out how to quarry limestone, shape it, break it from the quarry floor, sled it, polish it with wet sand, and then work it onto the pile. But obviously, the Egyptians did, because they're right the hell there.

this guy explained exactly what i was trying to say except he typed it better then me.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel 3
Anyone who thinks aliens, and not men made the pyramids should watch this.

Its called man moves huge stone.

exactly. one single guy here moving these stones IMAGINE what thousands and thousands of people could do... to me its QUITE OBVIOUS the egyptians actually built the pyramids.

and *sigh* at the people comparing obamas face to carvings in egpyt lol. obama looks like every other mixed person i know and egyptian people happen to kind of look like half white/half blacks nothing special about him.. its just coincidence there happens to be carvings that look like him.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
Ancient Egyptians didn't build them, no drawing, heiroglyphs.
Aliens didn't build them, but they did subcontract the job out and had non-union labor build them.
Also, to feed them, they had it catered. Subway, I think.

lol this is funny

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
well im not saying they didn't build it but why would theyw ant to?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Here are some interesting facts re the Pyramids. A lot of mathematics involved, so not sure how many readers will follow it.

www.timstouse.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by Darth Lumina

Duh, none of us know how the pyramids were built, but what has been fairly generally agreed is that men would not have had the power or machinery to move those huge stones and assemble them so precisely in the exact spots they are in, in lines from the stars to whatever etc.

OK, who built them? It was either a race of advanced giants (Titans) or aliens.

And for Obama to say there is no evidence - duh, again, we had noticed.

The duhs in this post are directed at Obama, not you lol.

No -- It is NOT generally agreed that men could not have the ability to build the pyramids -- that was a myth started by someone (perhaps Erich von Daniken?) who didn't bother trying to test that hypothesis. Actually, it's pretty much agreed upon that men could have build the pyramids without alien intervention.

In the years since the "aliens built the pyramids" hypothesis was tossed about, many archaeologists and other scientists & engineers have shown that there are in fact many ways that the pyramids could have been built by human power alone using the technology that the Egyptians possessed.

Most of the archaeology pertaining to the construction of the pyramids going on now is in trying to discover the details as to how they did it -- and the details that have been discovered show they were built using traditional "earthly" means.

[edit on 6/6/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
No evidence of ET's? The English language has been precoded to contain hidden meanings (messages). One of those precoded meanings is contained in the word "Pyramid". The word "Pyramid" has been precoded to contain facts relative to Barak Obama.

[snip]

Removed link to personal blog

[edit on 16/1/10 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

or maybey aliens did build them but they were inside ppls heads and called goa'ulds little snake things go through th back of ur neck into ur head and take control of u and when taking over ur body ur eyes glow yellow and have a deep voice

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo

ancient biology...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sgabrett

and mabye aliens used pyramids to land spaceships and then anubis and the usaf have a dog fight over antarctica so jack can use the ancient device and save earth.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth Lumina
My pleasure, found this at around 2am and sure enough it disappeared after I had started the thread. The fact that the title didn't match the article is what raised my eyebrow. In fact, I had read it a few more times, checked to see if there was another page, but there wasn't. I even searched for related articles that went with the title, including video, but there was nothing I could find. So why would they do that? Maybe to get us aliens and ufo nuts riled up perhaps lol.

This is really weird... speaking of disappearing words... I KNOW I created a post on this but when I went to quote it its not here.... unless there is another Obama pyramid thread

In any case here here it is in the actual words of Dr Hawass from his own website... it does NOT say however that he said Aliens did NOT build it. I have a hunch that that was 'added' by the yahoo editors

from Dr Hawass himself

"We walked down to the Sphinx from the Khufu Boat Museum, and President Obama asked me questions about the people who built the pyramids, noting that they were not slaves. We talked about the casing on the pyramid of Khafre, and how the Great Pyramid had once been cased the same way in fine white limestone. He joked with the press about the idea that aliens had built the monuments of Giza. Between the paws of the Sphinx, we talked about history and posed for many pictures. I told him how much the people of Egypt love him and how happy everyone was on the day of his election. We all expect him to do a lot for the world. It is my hope that he will be able to change America’s image in the eyes of the international community and bring the US back into contact with the rest of the world. I was so happy that I was able to spend an hour and a half walking across the Giza Plateau with President Obama.

www.drhawass.com...

He joked with the press about the idea that aliens had built the monuments of Giza.

Now that reads a LOT different from the OP article and is in Hawasses own words on his own website. Frankly I am surprised he left that in... (saved the page and screen capture in case it 'disappears'
)

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The Secrets of Coral Castle and pyramids EXPLAINED by Leedskalnin's Magnetic Current theory
Coral Castle doesn't look much like a castle, but that hasn't discouraged generations of tourists from wanting to see it. That's because it was built by one man, Ed Leedskalnin, a Latvian immigrant who single-handedly and mysteriously excavated, carved, and erected over 2.2 million pounds of coral rock to build this place, even though he stood only five feet tall and weighed a mere 100 pounds.
Electromagnetism plays a role as well. Did Ed magnetize the rocks and float them into place? Ray scowls at our silly question. Of course not. Ed simply made the rocks lighter, and that made them easier to move.

"I have discovered the secrets of the pyramids, and have found out how the Egyptians and the ancient builders in Peru, Yucatan, and Asia, with only primitive tools, raised and set in place blocks of stone weighing many tons!"
- Edward Leedskalnin
READ ALL+VIDEO

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound

"brown people can't stack rocks" - I don't get your meaning here. What I was saying was that no people could (1) cut rocks to such a precise fit and (2) stack them so they fitted exactly, no matter the color of the people.

Let alone the huge size and weight of the stones.

And you think that why?
Why couldn't egyptians stack rocks precisely? They had very advanced mathematics, one would assume it would be a simple matter of tools.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Sorry for bumping this, but there are alots of evidence that aliens actually built the pyramids, there is alots of talkiing and chatting on what is on under the surface of the Pyramids, some are saying there is a hidden secret chamber of acient knowledge and even a spaceship, some are saying its a mothership, damaged.

Sorry for bumping it.

qutoe from some source will post later if needed to

Egypt. 2000BC. A world wonder was created. The Pyramids are symbol of Egypt and the ancient world. But who built the pyramids? Humans, Yes. But alone? No! The theory of did aliens helped humans build the pyramids is confirmed. They did. In the 1960's the KGB organization started "Project Isis". The project that will bring the media to It's knees. American and Russian scientist, explorers and historians went to Egypt to find the origins of the pyramids. The crew found many tombs, graves, statues and secret writings. They also found an ancient light bolb old 2000 years. KGB's theories are also supported by Eric Von Denicken, who explores the pyramids himself. He and the pyramids have been together for over 40 years. He thinks as well that the pyramids were built by visitors from outer space. In one tomb It was found an alien mummy (I have a picture of the aliens scull on my computer,if you like i can post it to you). It was clear enough It was an alien becouse of Its huge head and huge eyes.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Sorry but our commander in chief does not seem to have any depth on an issue like this...when i see the president i think "musta been a blast to party with him in college"

theres a series out now called alien artifacts (i believe) exploring all of the connections between pyramids etc and the aliens..how some stones were cut so sharp you could cut your finger on them and that technlogy just wasnt around back then..thats just a segment from one episode i watched..egypt is neverending mysteries, like the curse of king tut..and of course the pyramids, the sphinx, etc etc it doesn't end.

Check that show out

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join