It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End Tooth Sensitivity - Forever (Cure Discovered)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
the first person to suggest putting flouride in to the water supply was not a dentist, but in fact a lobbiest for the largest Aluminum manufacturer in the U.S.

put that in your pipe and smoke it.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Taking into consideration what most everyone here has said...

How do we explain the millions (hundreds of millions?) people who have no tooth problems from flouride?

I grew up in New York City... flouride in the water. Used flouride toothpaste all my life. Same with all my friends. We all have great teeth.

When I moved to upstate NY (no flouride in the water), I see A LOT of people with brown and black rotting teeth.

Explanations anyone? Could it be like tsloan said... only a few people have sensitivity to flouride?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I have been using non-flouride toothpaste for a while now too and can definitely tell a huge difference. Teeth are getting whiter and the sensitivity is noticably going away.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Flouride in water i would argue is unnecessary as we have plenty in toothpaste. However your claims on tooth sensitivty confuse me. I suffered from horrible sensitivity my entire life. I recently switched toothpaste to one designed to stop thi sand after 2 months i have no issues. It contains flouride, i only have 3 cavities in my 24 years and i can eat ice cream at will.

Ingesting flouride from water i agree is bad, but from toothpaste isn't that awful. You only take in small amounts from toothpaste.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
me and a friend were just wondering the other day how the average human lived past 8 without a dentist back in the day before they were around.

guess this answers it, there teeth were way better cause they didn't have to deal with fluoride all the time.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by shortest man walking
me and a friend were just wondering the other day how the average human lived past 8 without a dentist back in the day before they were around.

guess this answers it, there teeth were way better cause they didn't have to deal with fluoride all the time.

Actually people died of dental caries. As far back as the egyptians there is evidence of denistry.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

i know a lot of people died, but think about how many kids have to go to to the dentist by the age of 8 to get root canals and what not.

i realize we eat more sugar and such now but still, it didn't make sense to me and my friend, especially since he's a health freak, he doesn't eat sugar that much and brush's and flosses often (like me) yet we both still get cavities all the time.

so it made us wonder how the average person lived past 8 before dentist were common place.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
it would be funny if the 'truth about Flouride' was actually a conspiricy by the dentist buisness beacaue they not getting enough patients.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by shortest man walking
i know a lot of people died, but think about how many kids have to go to to the dentist by the age of 8 to get root canals and what not.

i realize we eat more sugar and such now but still, it didn't make sense to me and my friend, especially since he's a health freak, he doesn't eat sugar that much and brush's and flosses often (like me) yet we both still get cavities all the time.

so it made us wonder how the average person lived past 8 before dentist were common place.

Firstly you have no good figures to states that peopel lived without dental problems before recent years. Secondly people generally lived shorter lives in the past and so would not have chance to develop dental problems. Thirdly i would argue that genetically people with weak dentine would die because of dental complications in the past. With modern dental practice those of us with weak dentine can survive, pass on our genes and so the cycle continues.

My own brother has no cavities and yes never brushes his teeth, drinks plenty of tap water and eats all sorts of sugary food and sugary drinks. He has never had any cavities, i have 3 i think. He is older than me.

What i am trying to say is this entire thing is being blown out of all proportion. I doubt flouride in water has any benefical effect. But lets not make it so simple as to blaim that for all the problems.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I knew about Floride being bad and it has been written about here at ATS before.

I know when I took my Grandkids to dentist I told him I didn't want the Floride coating on there teeth and I had to sign a waiver what's up with that??????????? hmmmmmmmmm

You can get Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste it doesn't have Floride in it and you can swallow it if you want and it comes in yummy, yummy flavors.

This is of course is for only the young at heart

[edit on 5-6-2009 by observe50]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
There was a previous thread on ATS discussing the matter of fluoride.
I can't find the link, if anyone can help here.
It has been discussed on it that Fluoride has been put in a product, such as toothpaste and drinking water worldwide in order to control people's brain. It seems to have a hidden agenda only for itself. It was discussed also that smokers have a kind of resistance to this fluoride. That's why nowadays, on a worldwide scale, the governments are banning smoking and now in advance countries people can smoke only in a 5% average of the areas they are in. Dentists do not even mention that because they were taught it is good.
While it has been discovered that apples are the best protection for the teeth. Eating a full apple in the morning will protect the teeth for the whole day and will give people the same boost of the morning coffee also discussed on another thread before on ATS. I'm not good with IT stuff, but I wish some ATSer with more experience can find all these threads and link them here as I'm sure that fluoride is a poison, it also helps governments control people freedom gene in the brains and it reduces the populations worldwide.... Apple is the solution as the molecules found in it's skin membrane will make the teeth stronger even if stuck within for a whole day, and try to find a good drinking water free of Fluoride and Chloride if possible... which is very difficult to find these days... damn the world nowadays...

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I stopped using toothpaste 8 or 9 months ago, because I couldn't find any fluoride-free toothpaste at the supermarket. I just brush thoroughly, floss, and use some mouthwash.

I hadn't thought about it, but now that you mention it I don't experience the tooth sensitivity that I sometimes used to. I remember sometimes drinking soda would make my teeth feel 'soft', that doesn't happen anymore either.

Around the same time, I also stopped using antiperspirant and switched to regular deodorant without aluminum. But that's another thread.

Thanks for spreading info. So many things we use I think are probably not necessary. I can't take a shower now without thinking to myself "Oh, smothering myself in smelly chemicals and rinsing off in fluoride makes me feel so much better!" (sarcasm)

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I haven't used my tap water for cooking or drinking in about five years, because my water company uses floride in large quantities for cleansing the water. I was told as a child it was in the water to help strengthen teeth, and prevent cavities, but now I know that aspect of it is just moreless a secondary gain. The first is to help cleanse certain aspects of water. I suppose how much is used depends on water quality in any given area.

I stopped using it because I read a study which indicated there is a higher incidence of Osteoporosis and ALS in communities who have large amounts of floride in their water. I believe there is merit to this study. Anyone may google this if interested.

Addionally, you can look on any tube of toothpaste which contains floride, and it clearly states "keep out of the reach of children." It further states on the tube, to contact a poison control center immediately, if more than an amount in one brushing is ingested by the child.

In another study I read, information stated that if a child ate even 1/2 a tube of toothpaste, it could result in death. So, yes, floride is a dangerous chemical.

I will note however, that I have not had a cavity since I was child, until the last couple of years. I've had two. So I do correlate this to the absence of floride. Now, I use a mouthrinse which contains it after brushing. This I can more easily discard.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by eMachine
I stopped using toothpaste 8 or 9 months ago, because I couldn't find any fluoride-free toothpaste at the supermarket. I just brush thoroughly, floss, and use some mouthwash.

I hadn't thought about it, but now that you mention it I don't experience the tooth sensitivity that I sometimes used to. I remember sometimes drinking soda would make my teeth feel 'soft', that doesn't happen anymore either.

Around the same time, I also stopped using antiperspirant and switched to regular deodorant without aluminum. But that's another thread.

Thanks for spreading info. So many things we use I think are probably not necessary. I can't take a shower now without thinking to myself "Oh, smothering myself in smelly chemicals and rinsing off in fluoride makes me feel so much better!" (sarcasm)

Hey, hehe that's interesting, I quit using aluminum based deodorant/antiperspirant as well. In fact I do a variety of thins, health wise that practically no other people I know in my day to day life do.

I can't speak of specific benefits, from specific changes I have made. But I can state that I have not been sick in any form, for at least 8 years.. The only 'headache' I have had was about 6 years ago the day after I had my wisdom teeth removed. And that was a pulsing in the jaw, I am not too sure what headache feels like.

For those who use Sensodyne. I challenge you to switch to another toothpaste, only for a week, another super-market brand with fluoride. I am sure your sensitivity will be back.

Additionally, in response to Craig732, I think thats a bit of an overwhelming statement to make. How anyone can claim that they know the condition of millions of peoples teeth is beyond me.

What is clear though, is that fluoride causes Dental Fluorosis which is a lot like tooth decay to begin with. The symptoms are very similar. Furthermore, as cited in my OP studies done on towns in India, Turkey and Sicili, where fluoride occurs naturally in the water, experience a range of debilitating issues that result in overall premature aging.

Furthermore, in one of my later posts, I brought up information from that seems to challenge the traditional thinking on fluoride and it's benefits.

Even if you support the idea that fluoride is beneficial to teeth, then why isn't the fluoride in our tooth paste enough? And why would putting it in a water supply, where we simply drink the water have such a great, positive impact?

I think it's fairly clear to see the risks of a known POISON, being placed in a public water supply via Industrial waste, far outwieigh the benefits for the average person. Do you honestly believe the government cares about your teeth that much?

[edit on 5-6-2009 by king9072]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I had major tooth sensitivity also and even had the dentist apply some coating that was supposed to help. Well, once it wore off, my sensitivity got worse. I finally started reading about fluoride and decided to try a "fluoride free, sugar free" toothpaste. WOW, it sure has made a huge difference and i will never go back to the regular toothpaste. The last time i went to the dentist, i told them I did NOT want the fluoride treatment for me or my kids and the dentist went into a scientific explanation why fluoride was not bad. I was so frustrated that he tried to make me feel bad about NOT wanting my kids to have fluoride. I need to find a new dentist who is not "pushy." I know they are educated into believing fluoride is necessary for all of us.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus
Really, what kind of sadistic mom from the 1950's thought up putting Fluoride in the drinking water to begin with? The same kind of mom that took Thalidomide while pregnant to ease morning sickness? The same kind of mom who thought putting Methylaid on her child every time they were injured, sick or needing medical attention as if it would somehow make it all better? The same kind of mom that chain smoked a carton of Lucky brand cigarettes a day while holding her child to her breast? The same kind of mom that had her children work in a Uranium Sweatshop to paint glow-in-the-dark hands on clocks? Because really, that's some tough love, I'll tell you what!

It's pretty weird to be blaming fluoridated water onto sadistic moms.
This was brought in by governments who accompanied it by mass propaganda and over-rode any community objections.

Methylaid, well, they didn't know any better in those days. Such minute concentrations of mercury were believed to be harmless.
It wouldn't be surprising if some time in the future people were equally puzzled by us pumping vaccines into children.

Your thalidomide comment is made with the benefit of hindsight. Bad morning sickness can leave a woman vomiting all day, getting weaker and unable to care for the children she already has. Of course women, believing they could trust their doctors, were glad to be given a cure for it.

Do you have proof of any mothers putting their children to work in uranium mines?
If you do, I guarantee they were uneducated and desperately poor.

I reckon moms that smoke these days must be brain dead. However 50 years back a doctor prescribed cigarettes to my pregnant mother, believing they would help her relax. She tried and couldn't, found them repulsive, and thought she was a bad mother for not doing what the doctor said.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
In the USA there is a great product called Tooth Soap, it's toothpaste made from soap.

It tastes great at the time, but you need to flush your mouth with plenty of water afterwards.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Thanks for this.
I grew up in a 'fluoride regime'. As a child I was given fluoride tablets (thankfully our water was untainted) and brushed my teeth with fluoride toothpaste.
My teeth are in a terrible state, with cavities, teeth removed and fillings. I even had a dentist 'brush' an adjacent tooth with the drill, causing a cavity!

For the past seven years I have been using herbal toothpaste (there are some good ayurvedic toothpastes around too) and my teeth have 'stabilised'....that is to say that while they are still in much the state they were in the fluoride period, they haven't substantially worsened and certainly they are less sensitive.

I have an aversion to dentists now too, after my unsavoury experiences!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsloan
For every finding you say floride is bad there is ten saying it's good... It's your own personal reaction to any thing...

what???

why haven't i ever seen a single legit study?

care to provide links and enlighten us?

these "10x good studies" have never been on ATS as far as i know...

oh, i do remember seeing 1 study that said fluoride worked good at calming down concentration camp victims

brainwashing is not a "good" side effect tho, at least in my book

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I buy all our water for drinking and cooking that has been so filtered it has zero fluoride.
At WELLNESS WATER, the place where I get our water in Salt Lake City they also sell fluoride free toothpaste that is REALLY excellent tasting!
it comes in mint or cinnamon and both are GREAT and we keep both flavors for variety.
Its called XYLIWHITE, made by NOW FOODS of Bloomingdale Il, 60108 USA.

We have much less illness since this full on change. And I have noticed less tooth sensitivity as well, so I think the OP could very well be right.
I am seeking some way to filter the water we bathe with as I don't think the fluoridated water we soak in is doing us any favors.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join